Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

They aren't forcing anyone to rep countries.

Literally can't participate if your home country doesn't agree to send you.  And if you so much as hold up a fist during the anthem they bounce your ass.

So yeah, they don't "force" you to rep your country in the sense that you can choose not to be an Olympic athlete (except maybe for all those countries where they can just threaten you and your family if you don't play along).  But if you do want to compete at those levels in a lot of sports you pretty much have to tacitly agree to cosign anything your country has going on at the time.

I just finished Fast 9.

Pros: 

Action is great  of course 

The humor by Roman 

The electromagnet gimmick was fun 

John Cena is a good fit for the franchise. 

Cons 

The explanation for Hans return is convoluted and not that believable. 

There are multiple flashbacks scattered throughout the film showing Dom and Jakob and while they give backstory and try to have emotional resonance, they don't succeed in making us feel for Jakob 

The fight between Dom and Jakob is very brief and unsatisfying. 

Miscellaneous:

The series has gone full Looney tunes. A man is carried ina house and his head breaks through wood/drywall with no injury. A car rams into a satellite in outer space. 

It didn't bother me that much as there have been logic defying stunts before. For some this may be a breaking point. 

Grade : 7.5/10

Edited by DangerousJ

ok yeah it's been at the good part about the transracial dude for a while now... goddamn this is 100x funnier than I expected....

Hopefully this transracial thing pops up more and more in the near future... for all our amusement...of course there is a never-ending stream of jokes in the live-chat "I identify as God.", "I identify as a toilet seat.", etc. 🤣

....mannn such a great time to be around in this world....there is so much insane comedy gold every day.

Sheeeitttt, I identify as PAWG Patrol, man

Sheet GIF

Edited by MillionX

The only time transracial wasnt funny was when Chris Claremont did it.

Elisabeth Braddock became the weaboo wet dream starting in Uncanny X-men vol.1 no. 256 under the pencil of Jim Lee.

Uncanny+X-Men+%23256+-+Mojo+&+Spiral.png

Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander (minor human allies of the X-men/New Mutants) became NAtive american after the Demon Bear story ( I never read it)

I guess this is a reverse "Matriarch" transformation?

tomsharon05.jpg

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I'm probably going to hate myself for asking this, but was somebody................driving the car when it hit?  

....................Yeah.  I already hate myself for asking.

Yes lol.

What's funnier is that the 2 people in the car get back to earth offscreen whereas in other films that would be a source of tension that they could be stuck in space forever.

Earlier in the film, one of the them has a scene where he suggests the heroes could be superhuman because they survived attacks from tanks and submarines without a scratch.

It's the most "deadpool /4th wall breaking scene ive ever seen in the F and F series.

29 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Yes lol.

What's funnier is that the 2 people in the car get back to earth offscreen whereas in other films that would be a source of tension that they could be stuck in space forever.

Earlier in the film, one of the them has a scene where he suggests the heroes could be superhuman because they survived attacks from tanks and submarines without a scratch.

It's the most "deadpool /4th wall breaking scene ive ever seen in the F and F series.

Amazing.  I think this answer makes me hate myself even more.  I'm sorry I asked, I'm sorry you answered, and I'm sorry that the rest of you had to see this.  

I know my reactions are shot now for FGs, can't hit confirm or punish and it's fine. But somehow I keep one shotting every insect that comes in. Just one swing one kill. Sometimes up to 3 swings max but haven't needed more than that. Usually 1, a couple of times 2 swings. I can whack them right out of the air, and actually that seems the most effective, they seem to be more on guard when they land on a surface, although I've gotten them plenty of times that way too.

There was one hornet/wasp or something though that looked way too big to whack, fortunately it somehow crawled back out under the AC or something. I need to plug that up. It was the size of my thumb. Also there's just way too many insects getting in here. I turned a room into a home office, I had no idea this room had so many insects getting into it.

50 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Gloomy or sunny, NYC still smells like piss and dead things. I like visiting NY but my nose doesn't, and I imagine even Yharnam would smell better than NY in the summer. 

I was thinking about it the other day, actually, with how annoying certain bugs can get in warm weather---Imagine how bad things got for people back in the day before screens were a thing...and perhaps someone in the house loves to open the damn windows.  This is another little thing making me realize how fortunate it is to have been born in recent/modern-day U.S.A.  Recently there was a wasp that got trapped between a window and a screen a day or 2 ago....of course I just let him stay trapped in there.  The next day it was dead, likely from the starvation; I'm not sure off-hand how often they need to eat.

*Chicken noodle soup is like some kind of miracle in a bowl, man... just a little while ago I was starting to feel like someone hit me with a bag filled with everything I'm allergic to...it was getting bad.  Normally I don't eat this late at night but I fortunately had a can of the chicken noodle... fast forward to now and I'm back to feeling alright again.

9 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo this cop showed to the bar I'm at and won't stop staring at me and my boy. Imma go steal his girl of he don't stop. Lol I'm that level of drunk 

Listen whatever u thinkin, don't do it. I don't want you to become a hash tag then read about how u smoked weed in the 8th grade so u deserved the violence u received, seriously tho 🤣🤣

so currently on Leg Showcase Wimbledon--- they got Alexandra Stevenson in the studio on commentary, and she's looking better than ever, actually... I'd eat that, no question.  Chris McKendree is also in-studio today.

Kaja Juvan (Slovenia) another fresh, cute little thing is about to play Coco Gauff of the U.S.  I think Kaja will be another one to keep tabs on for sure.

https://www.instagram.com/kajajuvan/

edit---aha, Angie Kerber had a match as well; she won so she's still in there...niiiice.

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, iStu X said:

You and your boy need to give her a Dudley death drop

200.gif

I was always more partial towards the Total Elimination finisher.

On pure coincidence, the next vid following it was full of tag team finishers.  Pick your favorite for when you get into some bar room shenanigans.

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

for everyone who was worried that the new He-Man would become woke, I am here to tell you.........

..........Your fears were correct.

Fuck you Kevin Smith.  Eat the dicks. All of them.  This bait and switch shit is going to kill everything.

I can't wait for all this fear mongering dumb fuckery to he as stupid and wrong and horse shit as it was for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power which ended up being a fantastic show, or like when they threw a fit about Ghost in the Shell and turns put their fears where dumb as fuck and not worth a single fucking second of anyone's time and the movie was great.

Gonna be fucking awesome -.-

Edited by RSG3
16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaoooo I dunno what Fandom worse.. Heman or gi Joe. 

Gi JOE has a fandom?

If it is, it must be on life support.

40 - 50 yr old squiggas cant keep the brand alive.

They need new blood from the kiddies like MCU.

The new Snake Eyes trailer played in front of F9. Some folks thought it was a John Wick spinoff lol.

Edited by DangerousJ

heh, ohhhh I look forward to it for sure...whatever the result is with this new He-man, either way it's going to be amusing *insert the usual popcorn gifs here

...and actually, I'll take this scenario of it being on Netflix over shit-ass, screw-job central, aka Cartoon Network...where 1 day it's on Friday at 5pm Central...then next week it doesn't come on 'til 4:30 am on a Sunday... then it's off the schedule for 8 weeks until the next episode which airs 1 time on Wednesday afternoon at 3pm....garbage ass network.

..currently watching Silver Spoons as usual... once again, Erin Gray continues to look incredible each episode.  I'd eat the hell out of that.

Edited by MillionX
10 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Gi JOE has a fandom?

If it is, it must be on life support.

40 - 50 yr old squiggas cant keep the brand alive.

They need new blood from the kiddies like MCU.

The new Snake Eyes trailer played in front of F9. Some folks thought it was a John Wick spinoff lol.

It's Def not on life support... The gi Joe Fandom has only grown bigger due to social media. Hasbro has a yearly convention for gi Joe. I went to it a few years back because they ran it in RI for an anniversary I think. Hasbro is based in New england. 

It's Def alot of 40-70 yr olds but the movies have also brought younger people in. But then you gotta look at fans of the comics and shows.. Just look at the comment sections on the trailers and you can tell its still going down. People bitching about the story changes the movie Is doing. 

Fast and Furious Drinking Game.

Take a shot every time.....

Dom mentions Family...

Physics is denied

Roman complains about the vehicle he's driving or the mission objective

someone thought dead comes back to life

A human lands on a car hood like its a feather 

Letty DOESN"T kiss Dom

Beautiful women are dancing or flirting near a racing area

Someone uses NOS

Hip Hop music is played

The plot shifts to a foreign country

Someone drinks Corona

Dom uses his superhuman strength or invulnerability to defeat humans effortlessly.

Ramsey or Tej spouts technobabble.

The movie ends with a barbecue

Edited by DangerousJ

Just spent the last two days refurbishing my 20 year old Weber grill. I spent $200 to do  it, and a lot of elbow grease. Would have cost $800 for a new one that wouldn't last as long, since Weber sold the company and make shit in China now. They don't make them like this anymore. I bet I can get 20 more years out of it.

Spoiler

Before:

IMG_20210703_134710_138.jpg

IMG_20210703_134710_185.jpg

After:

IMG_20210703_134710_205.jpg

IMG_20210703_134710_237.jpg

ah, Collider had an article on the best comic book movie trailers of all time...one of my favorites was that Man of Steel one

the other GOATs for me were definitely Infinity War and Joker....I've watched both of those more than any other movie trailer.... Infinity War's first trailer is still the all-around champion, imo:

This was perfection.  I even have the audio of it saved as an mp3 in my collection....both with and without the voiceover/audio.

edit---frustrating that they never put trailers on dvd/blu-rays anymore.  I can't remember the last time I noticed special features that included 1 or more of the trailers....it's always just the movie and *maybe* behind the scenes and deleted-scene stuff.

Edited by MillionX

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Fast and Furious Drinking Game.

Take a shot every time.....

Dom mentions Family...

Physics is denied

Roman complains about the vehicle he's driving or the mission objective

someone thought dead comes back to life

A human lands on a car hood like its a feather 

Letty DOESN"T kiss Dom

Beautiful women are dancing or flirting near a racing area

Someone uses NOS

Hip Hop music is played

The plot shifts to a foreign country

Someone drinks Corona

Dom uses his superhuman strength or invulnerability to defeat humans effortlessly.

Ramsey or Tej spouts technobabble.

The movie ends with a barbecue