Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

18 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Has anyone seen Fast and Furious 9?

If so, what are your thoughts?

I was waiting for the crowds to reduce a bit and will probably see it next weekend.

Unfortunately I haven’t yet. The weather hasn’t been great here the last week or so and I’m super busy the next 2 weeks. So I don’t know when I’ll be able to see it. 

I need to see it though. 

Edited by iStu X

So there's yet another one... this network called COZI.. I've known about it before but forgot, since I usually only watched it when visiting parents...

The Six Million Dollar Man is on this one; they're showing an episode now; it's preceded by the Bionic Woman too!  

Currently, season 1, episode 19 is on with some interesting numbers, as some dudes looking to make an army of super robots just like Steve would set up things to gauge his abilities... they caused an elevator he was in to fall so they could calculate how strong he was---they estimated he must have exerted an amount of force that is equivalent of lifting 2,420 pound object 6 feet off the ground... then they set up a situation where he had to run super-fast to catch a wild horse to save this girl... estimated run speed was 61.4 mph.   Obviously, the Flash smokes that easily but it's still cool.  I love when they get into the detailed numbers on stuff like that to show just how awesome a character is.

This is another show that could be really cool if they brought it back with today's production standards and a serious budget.  They tried a few years ago but with Bionic Woman instead of starting with Six Million Dollar Man like they probably should have.... it got canned quickly though, and most people probably forgot it by now.  It's such a great concept as a "super hero" kinda show, it surprises me that aside from that attempt a few years ago with new-era Bionic Woman, no one else has tried to bring it back.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Ironically, in this case that means insisting on using the British Imperial system of weights and measures.

We really stuck it to England with that one 😂

Yeah, but the euros are the only ones I know of using PAL screen ratios while everyone else (afaik anyway) uses NTSC. I think those two things cancel each other out.

old-era hotness alert----the episode of Jeanie they have on today is season 3, episode 14 - Jeannie Goes to Honolulu... this features Jeanie in a 1-piece bikini, folks...looking NICE.

Cliff Notes---Tony lied to Jeannie, saying he went to the North Pole for some special training but really he went to Hawaii with a friend 🤣  Of course she found out and is pissed to say the least...she teleports there and starts causing trouble for him.

Life, transform and , uh, find a way...

screenshot_20210629-124509_amazon-shoppi

transformersofficial_1624986525915_7-jpg

transformersofficial_1624986525910_4-jpg

If the pictures don't show, here's the Amazon pre-order link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096GC12QX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=transformers-20

The T-rex seems to be a remold of the recent BW Megatron figure leader class, but the Explorer seems to be an entirely new mold to me.

Edited by DangerousJ
On 6/28/2021 at 3:39 AM, MillionX said:

mannnnn, I regret missing the BET Awards now... Angry Man went live to roast the shit out of it, I see 🤣

hopefully they repeat it; I need to see this mess for myself.

Greatest American Hero - season 3, episode 11... there was a scene just now where Connie Selleca was shown in just a t-shirt and big nerdy glasses on...woooo yes yes 😳

ah, my ol' honey Alli Mack.... sentencing is soon apparently...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/allison-mack-nxivm-regret_n_60d87debe4b01ec760f3867b

How much you want to bet her sentence is basically nothing?  It might be a little bit of time since she's now an "old" actress that hasn't even done anything tv/movie wise in many years though... (*if this were still a 20-something year old actress with a career that was still poppin'....it would be a guaranteed thing that she would not spend a day in prison...she's 38 and a "has-been" at this point so she actually has to fear a small chance of some real consequences on this.)

Man, I had forgot about Connie Selleca.  That was another oldschool fave and she is one of the ones who actually started the,"Nerd" look for me.  I'm starting to think I need to grab this antenna TV thing up.  A trip down memory lane might be what I need.

EDIT:  Lil Nas X really coming out here looking like some sort of stage boss for a game that should've been made at least 10 years ago.  They could've dumped him into Dynasty Warriors on a hidden map and I bet everybody would've been cool with it.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
36 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Life, transform and , uh, find a way...

screenshot_20210629-124509_amazon-shoppi

transformersofficial_1624986525915_7-jpg

transformersofficial_1624986525910_4-jpg

If the pictures don't show, here's the Amazon pre-order link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096GC12QX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=transformers-20

The T-rex seems to be a remold of the recent BW Megatron figure leader class, but the Explorer seems to be an entirely new mold to me.

Yup it's a new mold. I am willing to be it is a "pre-tool" of Armada Red Alert. 

I was half right in my guess 😉.

Not gonna lie, I didn't even look at the price. I just hit preorder and prayed for my wallet. 

4 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Optimus124,

How many of the collaborative series TFs do you own?

I dont own any. Im  too lazy to pre-order any.

I was under the impression that some of them were Target or WM exclusives, but I havent seen any in stores so far.

Four in total.

Star Wars- Millennium Falcon (2018)

Street Fighter - Ken (Hot Rod recolor)

BTTF- Gigawatt

X-Men - X-Spanse

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Man, you're giving me flashbacks with that, lol.  Thankfully PAL/NTSC barely matters anymore, unless you've still got some exotic legacy media around.

I ordered a PS3 copy of Dark Souls one night while I was drinking and made the mistake of ordering a Euro copy. Fortunately the PS3 is region free but I didn't know that at the time and was expecting it to either not work or only cover part of my screen 😂

Yall aignt gonna believe this fucking story 🤣🤣🤣

So my boy goes to a big con recently and this huge ass party con. So he ended up hooking up with this chick.... Who's transitioning into a man. She claims she's a virgin, they drunk he smashes. Everything is cool. This was almost a month ago and now she's called our other friend who organized the rooms and parties 8x. Our group chat atm is fucking hollering because all we can think of is she's pregnant 

I am losing my shit at the idea he got her pregnant and she's in the middle of trying to transition. This is some chasing Amy 2021 shit. I need someone to help me sell this to Netflix.  

He's having a crisis and I'm trying to see how I can get a 3 picture deal ☠️

Edited by Maxx
8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yall aignt gonna believe this fucking story 🤣🤣🤣

So my boy goes to a big con recently and this huge ass party con. So he ended up hooking up with this chick.... Who's transitioning into a man. She claims she's a virgin, they drunk he smashes. Everything is cool. This was almost a month ago and now she's called our other friend who organized the rooms and parties 8x. Our group chat atm is fucking hollering because all we can think of is she's pregnant 

I am losing my shit at the idea he got her pregnant and she's in the middle of trying to transition. This is some chasing Amy 2021 shit. I need someone to help me sell this to Netflix.  

He's having a crisis and I'm trying to see how I can get a 3 picture deal ☠️

I remember when SRK was at its peak, we would always get stories like this on Gen.

It's strange how I was about to ask about Fast and Furious 9, but it's Maxx's boy who's about to have Family.

Still though, is FF9 good for just dumb fun, or is it so dumb it's not watchable? I've never hungered for a "so dumb it's good" movie, but after getting my ass kicked by a project at work for the last 2 weeks it might be what I need.

Edited by axeman61

^sheeeeitttt, that kid will have quite an interesting experience growing up... his or her Mom was in the middle of transforming into his/her Dad when he/she was conceived.  "A heartwarming story for the whole family.....rated PG."

Telma Hopkins was pretty cute sometimes as well... she was Nell's sister on Gimme A Break.  This episode that's on now, the 2 are bickering over some dude that's new to the neighborhood and they both like him, of course.  

edit---whoah, Phil Donahue had one hell of a good pick----looking up Marlo Thomas recently (That Girl).... THAT is his wife..and they're still married now, actually.  This dude got "That Girl" in real life, folks.  Outstanding taste, sir.

Well Done Reaction GIF

Edited by MillionX
45 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So your homie went raw in a tranny?  That shits funny.  Where da pictures of this girlboy?

I'd say more gender fluid than anything bu eventually gonna get the surgeries. Looks more like a girl atm. I got none personally I'd have to see if he posted any in our group chat. 

1 minute ago, scorp said:

I don't have AC either lol

FUCK THAT. How do you sleep at night? You at least have a window unit, yeah?

I got central air in my house so I keep it nice, which is great for the baby and all. But it gets hot as fuck out in the desert when I'm working in the field.

ha, in an old apartment some years ago, I usually didn't bother turning the AC on....it was funny to see Mom's reaction when she visited me there for the first time... the heat instantly was noticeable of course just when you open the front door....I was already used to it so I didn't give it much thought, then was like "oh yeah...".  My reasoning---basically it was yet another case of me just being a cheapskate.  My electric bills were always ridiculously low as a result of that, so that's why I kept doing it.  Heh, I remember my lowest electric bill was something like $19 and change.

Antenna--- currently Alice is on... Linda Lavin was such a cutie back in the early seasons....and I'm a fan of that "New York woman" stereotypical sound....that's always bonus points....

Cozi-- Munsters is on, but about to go off...then it's Frasier (incredible pawg on there, btw---Perri Gilpin I think was her name), then Roseanne.

yep, the name is Peri Gilpin

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=SLBRDF&PC=SL18&q=peri+gilpin

underrated sexpot right there.  I would pounce without question....looks like she's still looking alright even today at 60.

The other woman on the Frasier show was cute too, even though she had absolutely NO curves, sadly...her voice scored a lot of bonus points for me.

and speaking of voices I find irresistible... this "COZI" channel also has The Nanny; it comes on at 10 pm central time, weeknights.  I could listen to Fran's voice all damn day, folks.

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Why do people post controversial things if they aren't ready to back up their beliefs? 

Why do you think he chose to post memes instead of saying it with his chest Maxx.

May be a martial arts student, doesn't mean he actually have the guff for a real confrontation.  

Edited by RSG3
42 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao so one of my students is right wing and posted a meme calling out Biden for a bunch of things that were happening before he even got into office and I called him out on it and now he's like "oh clearly we have differing views let's not do this". 

Why do people post controversial things if they aren't ready to back up their beliefs? 

Posting meme is a way for people to say what they think while trying to avoid a conversation about it. It's suppose to be a "am I right" sort of thing.

When I was a kid living in Bahamas/St Thomas, we didnt have any A/C. But since there was sea breezes, it was more bearable and we managed.

However, since we moved to Tampa and are basically inland (1 hr from any beaches or waterfronts), I have become to used to AC lol.

When I lived in Chicago, I didnt think I would need A/C, but in the summer it would get to 85.

However my body tolerance for heat changed and it felt like 95. Coupled with the fact that that apt was an  old building made in 1912 w/o Central A/C (It had a radiator for heating). It was annoying and dfficult to sleep since there was no ceiling fan. I also had to get up at 330 am to get to the hospital at 430 am.

After that I have added A/C and high speed internet as the two luxuries I need in wherever I live lol.

I dont buy expensive shoes, shop for clothes mostly at Kohls/JCPenney/Old NAvy, and buy and consume most of my food from groceries instead of eating out.

Maybe I am getting more fussy as I get older lol.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Why do you think he chose to post memes instead of saying it with his chest Maxx.

May be a martial arts student, doesn't mean he actually have the guff for a real confrontation.  

I guess for me It's weird because nothing I talk about has emotional attachment to it. I can totally disagree with someone politically but not be screaming and yelling and say I don't wanna be around you. Literally the only ways I feel that sorta way is if you tell me you hate black people or want gay people to die. But for thr most part we can still disagree and debate I won't have that emotional disdain. I'm finding more of republican friends don't have that and my lefty friends don't either but usually they are more balls deep leftist.