Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

ah, quick internet research reminded me that yeah... Jeanie was indeed a bit of a ripoff.... it was NBC's response to ABC's success with Bewitched.  

Now imagine a fight between the 2.... they both can seemingly do anything, so it's probably a matter of which one casts something first.

I'd bet money that most of the looney lefties out there in Hollywood would have a "problem" with the Jeanie and Samantha Stevens characters today, simply because they were so enamored with the men in their lives....especially Jeanie since she typically called Tony "Master!" all the time.  Imagine what a shitshow these 2 series would be if someone like CW tried to do a remake today.  On episode 1 they'd have Samantha divorcing Darrin because of course he's a serial cheater and abuser, and he'd be portrayed as a dummy that can't keep a job worth a damn, etc.  New-era Jeanie would ditch Tony asap as well, then the show would be all about her "empowerment" and liberation and all that jazz.

It's a shame that people like that have infiltrated the entertainment biz to such a large degree... they care more about "MESSAGE!" and ideology than they do about just making something entertaining that audiences want to enjoy.

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Joe looks like a jackass in that video lol. 

Dude shouldn't have Juked tho either. Stupid situation. 

Yeah my initial response is Joe wanted to fight someone. I don't know if he had a bad day or what.. But I also have to ask why was the camera out. Whos side was the camera for? Was Joe set up so he could get sued or is it a friend of Joe's so he could get some viral clip footage? 

My gut feeling is Joe got set up. Dudes a mma star and wouldn't want this kinda thing to get out, big promotions wouldn't want to sign him. 

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yeah my initial response is Joe wanted to fight someone. I don't know if he had a bad day or what.. But I also have to ask why was the camera out. Whos side was the camera for? Was Joe set up so he could get sued or is it a friend of Joe's so he could get some viral clip footage? 

My gut feeling is Joe got set up. Dudes a mma star and wouldn't want this kinda thing to get out, big promotions wouldn't want to sign him. 

Yea would be nice to know more cuz all I see is Joe shoves a guy then knocks him out when the guy rightfully gets upset at being shoved for (seemingly) no reason which is why I said Joe comes out of that looking like a Jackass. 

Can't say more then that tho it's not even 30 seconds footage I don't think. 

Just reminds me why I don't go to bars. People are out of pocket in bars. 

Joe has big time asshole energy in this clip, but the dude that got bopped is also a dummy. 

He's standing in the middle of the walkway, joe gives him a little push to get him out of the way and instead of taking a second to see that this dude was a full head taller than you, wearing a shirt that literally says "RING, CAGE, PARKING LOT" implying that he'll throw hands any-goddamn-where decides to call him a poo poo head or something. 

Alcohol is a hell of a drug.  

Edit: After some digging, Joe claims the guy called a waitress a racial slur and was being a problem for the establishment. 

That makes sense why there were cameras on this guy already

Edited by KingTubb
7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Joe has big time asshole energy in this clip, but the dude that got bopped is also a dummy. 

He's standing in the middle of the walkway, joe gives him a little push to get him out of the way and instead of taking a second to see that this dude was a full head taller than you, wearing a shirt that literally says "RING, CAGE, PARKING LOT" implying that he'll throw hands any-goddamn-where decides to call him a poo poo head or something. 

Alcohol is a hell of a drug.  

Edit: After some digging, Joe claims the guy called a waitress a racial slur and was being a problem for the establishment. 

That makes sense why there were cameras on this guy already

To add to this it's he was singing the n word in a song directly at a black employee. So he's Def walking the line of asshole. 

it's funny when people look like certain things... I just randomly remembered this one dude from high school that looked just like a lemur.  Surprisingly this never came up when people were checkin/roasting this dude...people would just focus on the fact that his head and face were noticeably small; haha I remember someone calling him "ol' rock-head lookin ass ni**", or that he could probably use a teabag as a pillow.  He also got compared to Eddie Munster often because of the hairline that goes to a point in the middle (widow's peak)... eventually that would become his nickname too, and people just called the dude "Eddie Munster!" all the time 😆 Then there was a friend I knew from junior high thru high school looked like a pig.  I remember another dude with a jheri curl that looked like Bebop from the old TMNT cartoon.

hahaha every time with this Fresh & Fit podcast... there's one dude that posts under the name "Donald J. Trump", complete with a pic of Trump as the avatar... that also chimes in with a super-chat....his latest comment as I'm watching this: "The cockeye pirate girl in the middle needs to spend that money on an eye patch"  this shit is hilarious when you see the name and picture next to the comment 🤣

edit---interesting... Marlo Thomas is still around, actually; she's 83 now.  "That Girl" is on Antenna at the moment.  That was truly some legendary tv hotness right there.  The only nitpick I could point out is that she could've benefited from a little more booty....otherwise, she was an absolute smoke-show.

Edited by MillionX

Interesting... this episode of Three's Company that's on now happens to be the debut of the "Mr. Furley" character! It's season 4, episode 3, "The New Landlord".  Janet looks absolutely incredible as usual...she has some super-small blue shorts on with a tight colorful tank-top...looks like cheeks would be clearly on display if she just bent over slightly....

...yep, she just stood up in this scene and you could already see a bit of cheek just from her standing.  Delicious.

of course, not to be outdone, Chrissy's shorts are super small too....just saw a bit of cheek as she ran to answer the door in this other scene...

hahaha, man Don Knotts was always one of the funniest old dudes on tv, imo...

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Interesting... this episode of Three's Company that's on now happens to be the debut of the "Mr. Furley" character! It's season 4, episode 3, "The New Landlord".  Janet looks absolutely incredible as usual...she has some super-small blue shorts on with a tight colorful tank-top...looks like cheeks would be clearly on display if she just bent over slightly....

...yep, she just stood up in this scene and you could already see a bit of cheek just from her standing.  Delicious.

of course, not to be outdone, Chrissy's shorts are super small too....just saw a bit of cheek as she ran to answer the door in this other scene...

hahaha, man Don Knotts was always one of the funniest old dudes on tv, imo...

i was thinking of another old show this morning.

the love boat. how awesome it was to watch as a kid.

then i thought why was that show cancelled.

then i realized why.

aids.

aids happened. then the love boat became the "ew get away from me" boat.

fantasy island was cool too.

oh yeah, that "Decades" network shows The Love Boat every day...*checking*---yep, it's set to come on at 5pm Central Time, actually...at least during the weekdays.  Currently The Odd Couple is on but I was never really a fan of that one.

On Antenna, another episode of Gimme A Break is on right now...(*actually, when I was a kid, this was the time-slot for syndicated Gimme A Break, at least where I lived...it would be on at 4 or 4:30 central time.)  Laurie Hendler was so damn cute.  Major nerd/geeky girl appeal with that one.  Every day, this network makes me want a time machine that much more to go live in the '80s again....falling for all the cute girls on these shows and movies, renting a new horror slasher film every weekend, playing my Atari and NES... it was an awesome time to be a kid, imo.

edit---speaking of the rental situation; I remember the local spot here was simply called "Rent-A-Movie"...this was obviously a bit before Blockbuster arrived and became THE spot to rent movies and games from....and Fridays were always packed, of course.

Edited by MillionX
On 6/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, Reticently said:

Got into NTLA 25.74, it's at 88.83 right now and just announced positive results on one of their gene therapy trials today.  Should really pop tomorrow

NTLA closed today at 133.43, +50%.

If anyone is thinking about still getting in on CRISPR stocks, you might look at EDIT, which is around $45 and probably has room to run.

5 hours ago, scorp said:

Man, I really live in the worst part of the world.

Who else gets 40C in the summer and -40C in the winter.

That type of weather shift builds character.

9b62dc8b28a85ea72dd273c826186417.gif

Imma need you to speak American 🤣 

The South (US) can get some variance, but no where close to the negative.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Double posting cause food is the best combo breaker 

0B5E1A60-E4B7-4C39-9CC3-934EC5A2F667.thumb.jpeg.d96fdcfd13b2e084b8b85074e05dac19.jpeg

I wish I had more to put in it like almond slivers, cherry tomatoes or purple onion but it’s still a crazy good baked chicken salad. 

The chicken was done with a simple egg wash and spice rub. Salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper for a little heat. Bake them at 375 for 30 minutes. 

Oh, the dressing is blue cheese cause I wanted something cool to help with the pepper and cayenne since I was pretty heavy on both when I made the rub.

Edited by iStu X

hahah I forgot if I mentioned this; probably got sidetracked but one of the episodes of Gimme A Break yesterday had a scene where Joey was in blackface... shit was hysterical, man 🤣  (*the world really would be a more fun place if everyone had my sense of humor, tbh) Of course this was one of those "Very Special Episodes" and it was treated seriously and all that.  If I see this series on dvd or blu-ray somewhere, I must get it asap now before someone digs this up and tries to eradicate the whole series from history over that scene.

Currently checking out Donovan's review of the recent interview Kevin did with this Jasmine character

Unfortunate that I missed this live... it was funny when she tried to counter the job analogy by bringing up "...you get unemployment" 😆

*sidenote---we've seen this all the time, actually... most people seem to be under the impression that you automatically get unemployment every time, no matter what.  hahaha, nope.

Edited by MillionX

Heh, it was bound to happen asap and here we are, folks:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/oli-london-before-surgery-pictures-as-instagram-star-identifies-as-korean/ar-AALxKFX

He's "decided" he now identifies as Korean. (in addition to being non-binary; I suppose he wants to be even more "special" and unique than that so here we go.)  I'm always curious to see people's opinions on the matter... if you're thinking "transracial" is a ridiculous concept, what exactly makes that so different from "transgender" people?  Why should only 1 of those things be considered "crazy"?  What about trans-species, and you have a person that genuinely believes he or she is a cat, dog, elephant, maybe a cartoonish blue fox, etc? 

edit---hmm... I wonder if he knows the language, at least?  Seems like that would be at least some basic shit if you want to "transition" yourself to being part of another culture and ethnic identity...

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

I have a homie that gets full nude every time he shits. Only reason I know is we lived together and we'd be gaming, he'd get up to go to the bathroom and would strip to his underwear cause our bathroom was tiny and it was hard to take your jeans all the way off in there

I used to do this.

I don't know why. Ultimate comfort maybe.

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You're talking about a country for whom one of our founding principles was "Fuck you England, we're going to go over here and do our own thing." For better or worse that carries over even today. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ironically, in this case that means insisting on using the British Imperial system of weights and measures.

We really stuck it to England with that one 😂

I way over seasoned my omelette. 😢

edit: it may have been the ham and cheese I used? Cause once I got past that part the rest of the omelette was perfectly fine. It may also be the fact I haven’t had processed meat or cheese since starting my diet 2 months ago. 

Edited by iStu X