Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wasn't sure were to put this one......I will refrain from making a "THINK DARC! THINK!" joke....wait I just made one 😑

That comments section is hilarious, they're debating if Saitama can beat Superman, he most definitely can beat this version. But I ain't got time to get into all that 😂

57 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

On another note, does it seem like my posts are hard for you guys to understand? Seems like you guys get what I'm generally saying on here even if you don't necessarily agree. 

However seems as if on social media I'm speaking Pig Latin, like ppl completely miss the point of what I'm sayin. I'm thinking maybe it's the way I word shit or idk. I feel like my words are pretty easy to comprehend, I don't use many big words and try to keep my texts short and concise 🤷🏾‍♂️

People online, especially younger people speak a different language. Add to it, ESPECIALLY if people disagree with what you said (or think they do), they spend more time thinking about what they're going to say in response than actually reading your post. Stuff like this is part of why I basically gave up trying to have discussions with people that were about more complex things. 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

People online, especially younger people speak a different language. Add to it, ESPECIALLY if people disagree with what you said (or think they do), they spend more time thinking about what they're going to say in response than actually reading your post. Stuff like this is part of why I basically gave up trying to have discussions with people that were about more complex things. 

I think I need to take a similar route. At first I was just NOT responding when ppl didn't understand what I was gettin at, then I said I wouldn't grow if I don't give ppl a chance but seems I'm just gonna go back to not responding. I'm too young to be having a stroke trying to have a civil discussion with ppl on social media 

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I think I need to take a similar route. At first I was just NOT responding when ppl didn't understand what I was gettin at, then I said I wouldn't grow if I don't give ppl a chance but seems I'm just gonna go back to not responding. I'm too young to be having a stroke trying to have a civil discussion with ppl on social media 

There's a certain comprehension blindness a lot of people have. They do it on purpose. It's not that they don't understand, so much as they're choosing not to. It's a really annoying "feature" of the social media age, but it's not entirely surprising when you consider how the way we communicate online takes a lot of the important aspects of human communication out of the picture. 

26 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

How tf do you storm the nation's capitol and only get probation and a fine? I got caught with weed once and got punished worse than that, I can't even..... 

Some of these people are getting years in prison or at least facing that much. Nobody from Wall Street really went to prison after the 2008 bubble popped and they fucked over the whole country and even people outside it. It all depends on who is doing the crime and how motivated the authorities.are.to prosecute/make an example of them.  

Edited by DoctaMario

Got up early this morning, went to check my emails; and found out Airbnb cancelled our reservation for next week because of some petty shit in my past from 20+ years ago. I was seriously pissed before 6am. One strongly worded email to their executives later, and it's being worked on. Oh well, at least my $1.2k is coming back that was paid out ... and Mario Golf should be here in a bit.

31 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

just for you SF and Tekken fans...........

I hate how even if you set the AI difficulty to 1 in the old school snk games, the AI is still tough as nails and the boss difficulty doesn't seem to change. I'd probably have bought that SamSho collection if I knew the difficulty wasn't going to be stupid even on easy. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I hate how even if you set the AI difficulty to 1 in the old school snk games, the AI is still tough as nails and the boss difficulty doesn't seem to change. I'd probably have bought that SamSho collection if I knew the difficulty wasn't going to be stupid even on easy. 

lol.  Of all things, you had to mention SamSho.  It was on SamSho2 when I learned that the difficulty setting is a lie.

*Me:* "Alright judge.  It's on difficulty level 1 now.  I've been tearing through everybody in a few hits!!  I'm gonna get my revenge bitch!"
*The Judge:*   Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif.a7320119c32f3b040a228ccdc34c10be.gif

I got chewed up worse than a fresh steak in front of a starving dog.  My "Revenge" wouldn't come until many years later on M.A.M.E.  When I didn't have to worry about tokens, closing time, or much of anything else.  And just so you know................The Tekken Series was considered to be significantly worse in terms of difficulty back then.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I feel like SNK bosses were the worse, cuz they all had full screen supers you couldn't dodge. You'd  just have to hope to kill them before they chip you to death. Even using the continue screen handicaps they offer only made things slightly easier. 

I remember Art of Fighting 2 being hard as hell. I never did it, but you go through game without losing, you get rewarded with a fight with Young Geese Howard. Dude takes a like 30% damage and deals out 200% normal damage. Dafuq SNK!? 

Side note: How strong was Jeff Bogard?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I feel like SNK bosses were the worse, cuz they all had full screen supers you couldn't dodge. You'd  just have to hope to kill them before they chip you to death. Even using the continue screen handicaps they offer only made things slightly easier. 

Yeah that's true. Plus even games like SamSho 4 where most of the cast is fairly easy, the bosses are insane with the dumb input reading and you end up having to do unfun shit like spam fireballs. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I think I should've been more clear about why Tekken was worse.  There was a mode that the operators could set it to where it was nearly impossible to hit anything.  The computer was reading your controls like a bitch and it might have been the earliest version of what is now called TAS, or  Tool Assisted Superplay.  I remember way back in the Norfolk Virginia area that one guy had reportedly set a Tekken machine to that mode and slapped a sign on it saying that if you could beat the game, you can take it home.  I never did take it on, but I don't remember hearing about anyone beating it.  After watching TAS vids on youtube, it wouldn't be a surprise.  Normal tekken?  Yeah, you'll run that shit over by the end of a day.  Also:  Early Mortal Kombat 2 machines had something similar to that.  Trying to deal with Liu Kang was a NIGHTMARE.  

You try to attack:  Bicycle kick to the face.

You throw a projectile:  Bicycle kick to the face.

You back up: Bicycle kick to the face.

You hold block: ....................Nothing.

You let go of block:  Yep.  The shoes of Shaolin will soon punish your snotmaker for the high crime of having put tokens into this machine.

This time I did get a chance to take him on, but to no avail.  I think the only way past that part was to do,"the dance" and sucker punch him before the time runs out.  I think one or two people did get past it, but I don't remember anyone beating the game itself.

11 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I think I should've been more clear about why Tekken was worse.  There was a mode that the operators could set it to where it was nearly impossible to hit anything.  The computer was reading your controls like a bitch and it might have been the earliest version of what is now called TAS, or  Tool Assisted Superplay.  I remember way back in the Norfolk Virginia area that one guy had reportedly set a Tekken machine to that mode and slapped a sign on it saying that if you could beat the game, you can take it home.  I never did take it on, but I don't remember hearing about anyone beating it.  After watching TAS vids on youtube, it wouldn't be a surprise.  Normal tekken?  Yeah, you'll run that shit over by the end of a day.  Also:  Early Mortal Kombat 2 machines had something similar to that.  Trying to deal with Liu Kang was a NIGHTMARE.  

You try to attack:  Bicycle kick to the face.

You throw a projectile:  Bicycle kick to the face.

You back up: Bicycle kick to the face.

You hold block: ....................Nothing.

You let go of block:  Yep.  The shoes of Shaolin will soon punish your snotmaker for the high crime of having put tokens into this machine.

This time I did get a chance to take him on, but to no avail.  I think the only way past that part was to do,"the dance" and sucker punch him before the time runs out.  I think one or two people did get past it, but I don't remember anyone beating the game itself.

Yeah MK2 was rough too. If you did any standing normal, there was a good chance you'd get thrown, but I did a lot of jump kicking as a result and could at least get to Kintaro who was pretty ridiculous in his own right. 

such was the frustration of that franchise... I enjoyed the Mortal Kombat games...but it was always a pain to play them solo, because it's a series that is notorious for cheating AI bullshyte.  I still remember on SNES, any character suddenly gained the ability to SLIDE over to you if you started spamming projectiles....and as any MK fan remembers... Sub-Zero is the only person that should be able to slide.  The MK games are truly just fun when you're playing against people, since they can't just magically disregard the game's rules like the cheating-ass game itself can.

On another note entirely out of left field----it would be cool if scientists somewhere could re-create the ancient human variants, like neanderthals, homo floresiensis and the rest.  I'm sure there's a lot of religiously inclined folks out there who would be against it though since "playing God" is usually seen as a bad thing for some silly reason. (why would you NOT want to "play God" if you have the means and capability to do so?)  I just think it would be fascinating to see what happens if our science actually "goes there" someday.

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I remember Art of Fighting 2 being hard as hell. I never did it, but you go through game without losing, you get rewarded with a fight with Young Geese Howard. Dude takes a like 30% damage and deals out 200% normal damage. Dafuq SNK!? 

Side note: How strong was Jeff Bogard?

Now that you made me think about it,  Jeff Bogard doesn't appear in any games either as a playable character or NPC opponent does he?  I think SNK is leaving a lot of money on the table by not bringing him out.  

Also:  That last hit in the last round.    That would've been a nail bitter right there.

I think there's only two SNK bosses I never beat. Goodman and this one boss whose name I can't remember. Basically, he was a lanky ass ape that had a DP that was more brutal than O Sagat. I wish I could remember what he was from

Edit: Fuckin Manto from Kabuki Klash. Fuck that monkey

Edited by Reiraku
8 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Female Friday! Or do you guys prefer Women Wednesday? either way, I'm not on a binge of Kevin's vids!

Once again, Kevin sorts 'em out.

(I know I'm not British, but that felt like the best way to put that one.)

women have been saying and listening to the "Men are bad" mantra for decades and men haven't been able to say anything back.  Now that we have our own place and voice, women are getting a mirror held up in front of them..................and they are NOT liking what they see anymore than we did.  At long last women are being held to the light of accountability and it's got them screaming like a vampire in a tanning bed.

I think Kevin is gonna be in business for a long time doing this because it will take a long time before changes even begin to show.  With luck, things will change soon enough if not soon.

Kevin Samuels made a great point about ppl when they questioned his sexuality. When you say something ppl DON'T like, your qualifications to speak on a topic come into question but when you just mindlessly speak good about something, your credibility is never brought up. 

Women LOVE Steve Harvey because he just tells them what they want to hear, and they never question his cred despite him not having any official qualifications either, but they HATE Kevin Samuels for doing the same thing Steve does

ha, I wonder if women's positive opinions about Steve remained intact when the old interview was brought up where he said men and women can't really be "just friends"....they tend to not like or just not agree with that opinion, for various reasons ...which is always a fascinating topic in general for me.  (**I'd always say that yes that is indeed possible....but really just if specific variables are in place: sexual incompatibility, 1 or both are already involved with a friend or family member of the other person, they work together and the guy is not stupid enough to risk his job, etc. etc.)

I don't think most ladies realize that Kev can be harsh in criticism of modern men as well.

ALERT: Coming up next on the Decades network-----GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!!!! Hell yeah, man...ooooh and it's a marathon too.....well I was about to play some Outriders but so much for that plan... check out that legendary intro:

Edited by MillionX

Honestly, when men are dumb enough to call Kevin's show, he goes just as hard if not harder on the men. He told one guy why should women pursue you, you broke and don't even have a big dick to compensate. Not that exact words, but he killed that dudes soul 😂 

Most women don't see that cuz they only watch clips (usually out of context) of him berating women. And even then, they're more concerned about his wordage/tone instead of properly developing rebuttals to counter the points that they disagree with. And when women DO call in respectfully, he's quite gentle to them  (albeit he still keeps it real tho) 

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Honestly, when men are dumb enough to call Kevin's show, he goes just as hard if not harder on the men. He told one guy why should women pursue you, you broke and don't even have a big dick to compensate. Not that exact words, but he killed that dudes soul 😂 

Most women don't see that cuz they only watch clips (usually out of context) of him berating women. And even then, they're more concerned about his wordage/tone instead of properly developing rebuttals to counter the points that they disagree with. And when women DO call in respectfully, he's quite gentle to them  (albeit he still keeps it real tho) 

he didn't kill that guy's soul.  He killed that guy's ignorance.  He made him face the facts that he doesn't want to see which is the first step to finally fixing the problem:  First, you have to identify the problem.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

hell yeah, Fresh & Fit got a good one lined up for tonight....that girl from the recent clip that mentioned she thinks a rich boyfriend should continue paying for her after they break up....

dis gun b gud popcorn GIF

I can't really even fully blame a chick who looks like that for being on that kind of bullshit. NOT saying she should get a pass because she deserves her comeuppance, but  beautiful women and rich men rarely hear the truth. If she's had a bunch of dudes in her past let her be on that kind of bullshit, you almost have to feel bad for her not knowing how cunty it sounds to demand an ex pay for her lifestyle. 

Edited by DoctaMario