Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Rollo tore into this one...

This girl seems to be the typical case of women speaking from a point of what "sounds right" and how things "should be", which is usually in conflict with the reality that most people across several generations have observed or personally experienced.

*sidenote though---her accent is quite lovely.  We need to import more of them over here.

ha, I skimmed through her channel for more... this seems like another good one to check on...

It's interesting that a lot of people don't want to admit this situation, really...or they might even be reluctant to give their *real* opinion on the matter.  Unfortunate thing---I don't think men and women will ever truly, 100% understand each other.  The interaction between the sexes is doomed to forever be an unbelievably toxic, dysfunctional shit-pile.  At this point I'm content to be the oddball character that is just there on the sidelines to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

*It is amusing that she seems to be in denial about just how shitty a LOT of women are in the modern era.  There are some that absolutely will abuse the hell out of the situation, and use guys for a free ride, free meals, etc. etc. with zero intention of giving anything in return at any point in what is effectively a failed relationship attempt (aka the notorious FZ).  I do get a bit of satisfaction out of reminding folks that women are capable of being generally shitty people too.  There's a surprising amount of people that don't seem to believe that.

man...sure would be nice if I could go back in time and have a chat with my younger self from the junior high and high school days....

*as usual I'm dreading work tomorrow... of course there's about a billion things to do in the morning once again.  I miss those days when it was much more simple and non-eventful, where we had a realistic workload, and I jumped at the chance to get in some overtime for that extra money.  

Edited by MillionX

EDIT^ ha... I eagerly look forward to Tommy Sotomayor's inevitable commentary about that^

On another note----top choice for wings in terms of flavor?  For me the undisputed champ is that lemon pepper, but garlic parmesan is a close 2nd.  At home, there is never a time where I am out of lemon pepper or garlic/parm, actually.

Another glimpse at how bizarre my music collection is... I have the "Disco Duck" song in my cd/mp3 collection (heh, it just came on; I like just letting a device go random so I'm somewhat surprised what plays next out of my playlists.

hahah and right after that, the theme song to Giget...

Edited by MillionX

Regarding Wing Flavors......

I usually get wings from two local places so they may not be well known flavors

Cilantro - 

Korean BBQ - sweet and a little spicy

Tyson used to have a frozen one in grocery stores called Tequila Lime that I really used to like.

(They kept reducing the number of wings and increasing the price so I dont get it anymore)

i miss going to b-dubs but I also don’t. Their wings and sauces have soooooo much sodium in them. I’m surprised I didn’t die back when my group of friends and I would go every Thursday after work. 

ive never had wing stop. There’s one by a friends house but I’ve never really had an interest in trying them. 

Edited by iStu X
21 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl always tell me Wing Stop is trash, maybe it's just the ones in our cities. I usually go to Wild Wing Station or get wings from Lucky Irish Pub. Not sure if other states have those places. I'm ALWAYS down to eat hot wings tho

It might not be just your wing stop.  I mentioned going to wing stop to my friend once and the way him and his wife started looking made me want to get out and walk.  I never brought it up again.

26 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl always tell me Wing Stop is trash

Really? The one in my town is pretty decent. Good flavor sauce, reasonable prices, and good sized drums and flats. The meat is usually juicy and not dried out. I'd put the quality of chicken over BDubs, but BDubs has better sauce flavors.

I haven't ate at my local wing stop but I've heard no good reviews on it. I may give em a try one day 

I'd say my favorite flavors are hot & sweet and honey lemon pepper. On an off day around the day I get paid, I order a 30pc, half and half then pig tf out

sheeeittt, the Wingstop here...I've only had good stuff there.  It was such serious temptation when they put one up close by when I was in the old apartment... I passed by it every day on the way home from work.....so tough to resist that.  If I didn't have a care in the world about high sodium stuff and could go wild with my monstrous appetite like I was a kid again... I'd alternate every day with either pizza or wings forever... Monday = pizzas.  Tuesday = lemon pepper wings.  Wednesday = more pizzas.....repeat for the rest of time....on occasion my other favorite stuff as well like grilled chicken and Jersey Mikes or Fire House subs, or jambalaya.  

Place to Avoid: if you have the misfortune of being in Memphis for some reason... stay far away from the ironically named "Best Pizza In Town".  It is, without question, THE worst pizza I've ever had.  It would be the first time ever in life where I didn't finish eating a pizza.

Aba and Preach found some Skippy footage from WAY back... apparently he was on that old "Blind Date" show!  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, scorp said:

Chris Rock has entered the chat. 

..............................Twerking in front of and beside the ambulance......................and playing catch on top of it.

on the first day of the new,"Holiday".  

................Dear Lord:  Anytime you're ready to get me, I'm ready to go.

Looks good. I have never liked grapefruit, but some years ago I was at the Wynn in Las Vegas and tried this salad with arugula, feta cheese and grapefruit.

Wynn-Salad.jpg

I don't know what it was, maybe the vinaigrette, but it all tasted very good. Has made me give grapefruit a pass now.

edit: Wynn and Encore’s three-meal restaurant Jardin uses pistachios to offer flavor and texture to its beet salad. The plate is rounded out with Spanish goat cheese, grapefruit, watercress, shaved fennel, frisee, arugula and citrus dressing

Edited by AriesWarlock
3 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Looks good. I have never liked grapefruit, but some years ago I was at the Wynn in Las Vegas and tried this salad with arugula, feta cheese and grapefruit.

Wynn-Salad.jpg

I don't know what it was, maybe the vinaigrette, but it all tasted very good. Has made me give grapefruit a pass now.

Arugula salads are so good. I absolutely hate grape fruit but that salad looks bomb af. So I’d try it. I’d just do what my parents taught me and what I’ve used my entire life when trying new foods: the three bite rule.

If you’re trying something new take 3 bites of it and if you don’t like it after those three bites than don’t finish it 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Arugula salads are so good. I absolutely hate grape fruit but that salad looks bomb af. So I’d try it. I’d just do what my parents taught me and what I’ve used my entire life when trying new foods: the three bite rule.

What I found is that grapefruit pieces submerged in very lightly sweetened water (cane sugar works best) will mask the bitter taste, so that's something you could try.

Edited by AriesWarlock

I almost didn’t show this off cause it’s not medium rare it’s medium.  😞 

In my defense, this is the first time I’ve ever cooked a steak. I was also doing others things too which I know I shouldn’t have done while cooking it. I may not like steak that much but you don’t disrespect steak like that. 

I have disrespected the protein gods. 

E2F4CB94-E5C4-406B-886B-B269BA35A970.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I almost didn’t show this off cause it’s not medium rare it’s medium.  😞 

In my defense, this is the first time I’ve ever cooked a steak. I was also doing others things too which I know I shouldn’t have done while cooking it. I may not like steak that much but you don’t disrespect steak like that. 

I have disrespected the protein gods. 

E2F4CB94-E5C4-406B-886B-B269BA35A970.jpeg

Looks pretty good man. Medium is alright. That's not that big a level of blasphemy. It's not burned lol.