Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

As a Guile main, I completely agree.

I started out playing mainly Shotos & rushdown characters but somewhere along the way I started playing more charge/zoning characters.

I played the unwieldy mess that was Vanilla SF4 with Cammy, but I lowkey hated the game.

Super SF4 pretty much 100% 180'd the whole thing and redeemed it and then some, in my book.

A LOT of that had to do with the Guile rework.

Sure, Super-Flash or whatever the proper nomenclature was, was still lukewarm garbage, but his charges were sped up, and who cares about Kick Super, when Hurricane was objectively a better anti air that, when coupled with his improved airthrows, allowed him to completely dominate close-mid as well?

I mean, I mained T. Hawk, because honest mindgames.

But SF4 Guile was my absolute favorite pocket character, ever.

He was more fun than Lel HF Guile. And HF Guile was some mad busted fun.

Edited by JHDK
Kollean Autiecollect

Well, this is Kosher. Someone driving a sports car drives by and leaves the car one house after mine, probably got out and started running away. Then like 5 police cars arrive. And then some more. One of the officers takes out his sniping riffle. A helicopter circling around. And now we are inside yellow tape boundary.

586M1iN.jpg

edit: shit, even the press is arriving

edit 2: seems they caught him

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/06/17/police-search-for-gunman-after-man-shot-in-sweetwater/

Edited by AriesWarlock
13 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Well, this is Kosher. Someone driving a sports car drives by and leaves the car one house after mine, probably got out and started running away. Then like 5 police cars arrive. And then some more. One of the officers takes out his sniping riffle. A helicopter circling around. And now we are inside yellow tape boundary.

586M1iN.jpg

edit: shit, even the press is arriving

Nice! The American experience.

Travel Click GIF by Shay Mitchell

ha, just 50 bucks a month...so 600 a year...sheeeittt that's pitiful in comparison to getting 1 mil right now.

Get the 1 mil right now and pay the house completely off, then I'm pretty much on easy street from there.  That's still not "quit your job today" level money but damnnn that would be nice....beats the hell out of what the typical "middle-class" lifestyle person will ever see in life.  I'd also get a new (but cheap) car and pay that off right away as well....and still have a comfortable amount left over.

One thing I just thought of that would be quite stupid... imagine the successful celebs out there that actually still have a mortgage payment on whatever house they have.  I'd like to ask them----why are you paying a mortgage, as a multi-millionaire? (*unless your house is actually still too expensive...)  I'd rather pay that off immediately....and enjoy the privilege of saying that shit is truly *mine*.  

In other news, Double Toasted finally posted part 2 of their review/roast of Sleepwalkers... actually I liked this movie back then

R

11 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Get the 1 mil right now and pay the house completely off, then I'm pretty much on easy street from there.  That's still not "quit your job today" level money but damnnn that would be nice....

Agreed.

If I had a million right now, life is easy street till the day I die.

1 hour ago, JHDK said:

I played the unwieldy mess that was Vanilla SF4 with Cammy, but I lowkey hated the game.

Super SF4 pretty much 100% 180'd the whole thing and redeemed it and then some, in my book.

A LOT of that had to do with the Guile rework.

Sure, Super-Flash or whatever the proper nomenclature was, was still lukewarm garbage, but his charges were sped up, and who cares about Kick Super, when Hurricane was objectively a better anti air that, when coupled with his improved airthrows, allowed him to completely dominate close-mid as well?

I mean, I mained T. Hawk, because honest mindgames.

But SF4 Guile was my absolute favorite pocket character, ever.

He was more fun than Lel HF Guile. And HF Guile was some mad busted fun.

I went back and played Vanilla SF4 after the fact and yeah it was busted but it was way more fun. SF hasn't been fun for me in a long time 

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I have to say that i never truly liked 4. I like 5 more (this isnt saying much), 4 always felt slow and sluggish, like wading through molasses. A Street fighter with the foot speed of a SamSho game. Bleh. 

I mean, outside of Rufus and Viper I thought IV was garbage. Lol. But I enjoy it infinitely more than V. 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Sorry man. He wasnt fun to fight, he wasnt fun to look at, he wasnt fun tlisten to, maybe hes fun to play as but then i would have to deal with the first 3 points all the time...I just hate that character completely. 

Remember his original design?

Black Shoto Yun.

2 hours ago, scorp said:

Some people should just stay in their lane lol @ Hustle culture 

I don't think he did the math on that one before he hit enter.

50 a month comes out to 600 a year.  If you were to get that 50 a month every month for 100 years, you would only have 60k.

A million put into the right places will give you that 60k every year at the least.  Just sayin.  

EDIT: Because I don't want to post twice so soon.................

Edited by Deadly_Raver
42 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Sorry man. He wasnt fun to fight, he wasnt fun to look at, he wasnt fun tlisten to, maybe hes fun to play as but then i would have to deal with the first 3 points all the time...I just hate that character completely. 

Yeah, Rufus is one of the only characters in fighting game history....where I wished I could somehow magically delete that piece of shit from the game.  That is how off-putting his design is.  

...and SF5 in general is a pile of crap, visually speaking.  Some of the girls are hot and that's about it.  There's a lot of shit in that game that's just ...so ugly.  So...for me, the Street Fighter franchise's last game was SF4...just like in my mind we went right from DBZ to Super.  This "GT" thing some people mention never happened.

56 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I don't think he did the math on that one before he hit enter.

50 a month comes out to 600 a year.  If you were to get that 50 a month every month for 100 years, you would only have 60k.

A million put into the right places will give you that 60k every year at the least.  Just sayin.  

EDIT: Because I don't want to post twice so soon.................

Horry shite.

I thought he said $50 a DAY.

What the HELL.

I can't even...

EDIT:

My brain literally refused to read that dumb.

RE-EDIT:

And I managed to skim G3nsh1r0 posts thoroughly enough to effectively countertroll him into cracking, losing composure and getting RC'd by RC.

Edited by JHDK
41 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Yeah, Rufus is one of the only characters in fighting game history....where I wished I could somehow magically delete that piece of shit from the game.  That is how off-putting his design is.  

...and SF5 in general is a pile of crap, visually speaking.  Some of the girls are hot and that's about it.  There's a lot of shit in that game that's just ...so ugly.  So...for me, the Street Fighter franchise's last game was SF4...just like in my mind we went right from DBZ to Super.  This "GT" thing some people mention never happened.

Post this again so I can like it again.

I wish I still had my "Top of Page Two" Rep to lend.

Just now, RSG3 said:

You still in touch with Vynce? Should try and get him to join Mega...miss that dude and his Apple tree updates. 

He's avoiding net posting.

He is literally the only SRKer who doesn't  post here whom I still keep in contact with

I can ask him to add to you on PSN.

What's yours?

Man, I’m bummed. I bought a really cool dresser that’s purposely fitted for walk-in closets off Amazon and it didn’t even come with all of its parts. It’s missing the two middle sectionals that help creat the drawers. 

thankfully it was also an Amazon Basics item so I was able to refund it pretty quickly and get a UPS pick-up arranged. 

so while shitty I have to look around the cosmos to find another dresser like it, I have $80 that I didn’t have back. 

so…win/win I guess?

@DarkGeneralsee, this is why you should trade economic news and events. I had a forex operation running three days ago, and another one from two days ago. It was the EUR/USD and USD/CAD. Yesterday at 2 P.M. the FED gave its scheduled meeting to talk about interest rates and other stuff. The conference was positive which sent the currency pairs with USD flying high. That's why with your economic background you can take advantage of these events to make a pretty penny!

t9iRfRU.png

NdTB3ql.png

11 hours ago, JHDK said:

Horry shite.

I thought he said $50 a DAY.

What the HELL.

I can't even...

EDIT:

My brain literally refused to read that dumb.

RE-EDIT:

And I managed to skim G3nsh1r0 posts thoroughly enough to effectively countertroll him into cracking, losing composure and getting RC'd by RC.

50 a day is at LEAST poverty levels.  I would've left him alone if he had made it THAT far.  You're not ballin' but at least you could survive on it.  50 a month?  I think there are some countries where that can work, but this ain't one of them.

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Holding him accountable for his own actions is a bad look? The caucasity 🤣

That's rather... racist.

I mean, race is a complete and utter bullshit social construct not based in nature, fact, or reality, granted.

But you seem to be buying into it, hard.

Caucasian is such a cunt term.

He's a cunt.

Connotations and all.

So I guess one can circle back to it, maybe.

Strange dreams time again...

One a few years ago I was remembering lately... I was part of a press conference a major celebrity/actor was having; I think it was Tom Cruise..some big-time movie star like that... but he was about to announce intentions to run for the Presidency of the U.S., and one of the other dudes on stage handed me some woman's fur coat, saying "hold onto this, just in case."...so I kept wondering why that was the "just in case" item to keep on standby as he announced his presidential campaign.

Hand-Walkers--as a kid, I once had a dream where people always walked on their hands instead of with their legs...like this was just the natural way humans walked.  Anytime someone got up to walk somewhere, they'd hit that handstand position and start walking that way....and this included fat people, which of course was amusing to see.

That field trip with the Joes-- one of my favorites of all time, actually... I dreamed about going on a "field trip" with the G.I. Joes.  In the dream, they appeared in cartoon form, even though I was still "live-action".  Funny thing was that the destination was a large mall....that was located on the moon....and we took a regular airplane to get there.  I still vividly remember laughing and joking with certain ones like Shipwreck, Roadblock and Lady Jaye.  

"All My Children recurring character" -- back when this show was still on, I once dreamed that I was a regular character there.  I had some vague sense of something being "incorrect" about life as the dream went on, but as far as I knew... I was just some dude that grew up in "Pine Valley" and knew all those people... I was a close friend to the Chandler family in particular, having grown up knowing JR as a close friend, and Adam Chandler being like a cool older uncle/father figure.  Erica Kane was the hot older lady that probably saw me as "like a nephew" or play-son (*and unaware that I would pounce that fine old ass without question anytime if she wanted), having known me since I was in diapers.  Y'know, these are always fun... I like those dreams where you're a character in one of your favorite shows.  Another good one was when I was in the world of The Originals/Vampire Diaries, as a trusted friend to the all-powerful Mikaelsons. (*hoping they would turn me some day...it seems I had taken the place of Marcel Gerard in the story.)

Edited by MillionX