Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Nope, no where even close to what Britney is in. 
Rihanna and Katy can walk away, no one can control every aspect of their lives and tell them even if they can have children or not. 

You evidently have insider knowledge of these contracts. Can you tell the class how you came to have this knowledge? 

People who sign the kinds of deals they sign don't have as much power as you think they do. 

26 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Sometimes them owning your life is part of the contract. From what I understand, Rihanna and Katy Perry are in similar situations where they do what they're told or there are consequences. 

I'm sure Rihanna and Katy Perry weren't deemed legally incompetent to control their lives. Nothing about Brittney's situation involves her label.

13 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You evidently have insider knowledge of these contracts. Can you tell the class how you came to have this knowledge? 

People who sign the kinds of deals they sign don't have as much power as you think they do. 

I would say the same about you.

Also Conservatorship is not a contract. The contracts musicians sign are not the same as a Conservatorship.

Conservatorship means as an adult someone else is your legal guardian as if you had no mental ability to make decisions for your self without causing your self harm.
These things are usually reserved for the elderly with Dementia or Alzheimer or someone with server handicaps where they can not make decisions anymore. 

Even if you sign a contract, there certain rights that can not be signed off legally, even if you had fully understood what you were doing and signed anyways. 

If I made you sign a contract to Lets say use you for scientific experiments ala South Park's Human Centipede episode "HUMANCENTiPAD", the courts would eminently and quickly reject such nonsense and most likely jail who ever tried to imposed such a contract.  

Not even the Music industry with all their money can enslave someone. Hollywood tried that shit back in the 20s and 30s. Thats why there so many union rules now. It's why SAG exists. 

Rihanna and Katy can walk away, they might be giving up alot but they got the legal right to go, they get the right to say "not today I quit". Even hire a lawyer for their defense. 
Britney can't do that right now because of Conservatorship.

Britney isn't a music record deal contract, it's her family declaring in court that she not mentally fit to make her own decisions than abusing that court order. 

Edited by DarkSakul

Unfortunately I missed out on Hogan Family and the other Antenna shows today... because that Twilight Zone marathon had me caught up as usual.  This really is one of the greatest shows ever produced, man... the stories and concepts were always interesting.  It's also one of the darkest, most twisted shows of all times, man... things almost always go horribly wrong for the main character(s) in some way...like a character suddenly realizing she was dead the whole time... or that guy who finally had all the time in the world to read....and then his glasses broke... or the guy that looked crazy to everyone else on the plane since he was the only one who could see the mysterious "gremlin" bastard out there fucking up the plane.

On another note---Angryman is on a good one, roastin' at the moment (*currently talking about Shacarri's dumb antics...like seriously; you're *that* close to living out your dream as an Olympic athlete... WHY are you still smoking while all this is going on?!  Ridiculous 🤣 Think of all that future endorsement deal money that's possibly slipping away from her now.)

Edited by MillionX
22 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I would say the same about you.

Also Conservatorship is not a contract. The contracts musicians sign are not the same as a Conservatorship.

Conservatorship means as an adult someone else is your legal guardian as if you had no mental ability to make decisions for your self without causing your self harm.
These things are usually reserved for the elderly with Dementia or Alzheimer or someone with server handicaps where they can not make decisions anymore. 

Even if you sign a contract, there certain rights that can not be signed off legally, even if you had fully understood what you were doing and signed anyways. 

If I made you sign a contract to Lets say use you for scientific experiments ala South Park's Human Centipede episode "HUMANCENTiPAD", the courts would eminently and quickly reject such nonsense and most likely jail who ever tried to imposed such a contract.  

Not even the Music industry with all their money can enslave someone. Hollywood tried that shit back in the 20s and 30s. Thats why there so many union rules now. It's why SAG exists. 

Rihanna and Katy can walk away, they might be giving up alot but they got the legal right to go, they get the right to say "not today I quit". Even hire a lawyer for their defense. 
Britney can't do that right now because of Conservatorship.

Britney isn't a music record deal contract, it's her family declaring in court that she not mentally fit to make her own decisions than abusing that court order. 

I work in the industry, I'm privy to a lot more information about it than you are. Rihanna and Katy Perry are owned by their labels/managers. Sure, they could walk away but the cost to do that would be astronomical for them, and I'd bet neither of them would be willing to shoulder it. 

Britney has been driven crazy and her family and/or label have used that to get the conservatorship. If there wasn't any evidence that it was necessary, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. 

Edited by DoctaMario

ohhh and of COURSE Tommy jumped on this story right after that... the 2 tick-tock girls that ended up getting their dad killed...

*note----and of course they have a gofundme page to "help bury dad".... keep in mind they apparently have tons of followers (but don't have a spare 20k to spend, I guess.....yeah ok 😆; either they're stupid with money or they're actually trying to turn their own father's death into a money-grab.)

Edited by MillionX
33 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Britney has been driven crazy and her family and/or label have used that to get the conservatorship. If there wasn't any evidence that it was necessary, it wouldn't have happened in the first place. 

It was her father who got the conservatorship not her label. This was during the mid to late 2000s where Brittney was having mental breakdowns on the regular. Listen to the statements that Brittney gave to the court. It doesn't mention her label at all. It's father, conservatorship appointed lawyer, and an abusive manager.

damn this gets worse... so the girls actually went live, crying while their father was laid out on the street dying....why even go live with that?  The plot thickens... now I'm thinking this was set up... also note they didn't seem to do anything to stop the bleeding (Tommy just pointed this out as well)... just sat there watching Dad bleed to death on the street.

One weird thing... I may just be out of touch on the slang here but she kept yelling out " YOU GREEN AS FUCK! YOU GREEN!" what?! 😆 ah, I see other people in live chat asking what that means... so I'm not alone on that, at least.  "Green" as in green with envy?  jealous?   hahah that's killin me--- "you green as fuck, brah!" 🤣

*and again---almost a million followers on tick tock and 6 figure followers on instagram apparently... but they need help raising 20k to bury Daddy.....ooook...

EDIT---That GoFundme got reported

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ36yXPMmCu/ 

Tobey Maguire Lol GIF

Edited by MillionX

One thing (among many) I love and respect about Phish is that they became a juggernaut without signing giant contracts with agents or record labels. They don't fit the traditional model of the music industry- they have like one song ever to hit the Billboard top 10 (out of over 800 songs), one music video in the 90s that was completely mocked, they have miniscule record sales and non-existent radio play. Yet they still bank $1.5 million in ticket sales in a night. They have multi-day festivals where they are the only performer. They played MSG thirteen nights in a row without repeating a single song, and each night sold out. I was at the Big Cypress Millennium show where they played for 7.5 hours in front of 85,000 people. It was the biggest rock concert on the planet to bring in the year 2000. And they got to that point by selling live music, and doing it their own way.

Edited by Chadouken
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I work in the industry, I'm privy to a lot more information about it than you are. Rihanna and Katy Perry are owned by their labels/managers. Sure, they could walk away but the cost to do that would be astronomical for them, and I'd bet neither of them would be willing to shoulder it. 

Look man just stop. You are way off base here. The conservatorship she was put in 13 years ago was temporary one. Her father gamed the system got it turned into a permanent one. A type of conservatorship reserved for the elderly. You are treating this situation like her dad just has a power of attorney. That would give him control over her finances not literally her entire life.  It's takes "when I say jump. you say how high" to an obscene level.  Lindsay Lohan went far more off the rails than Britney Spears and she still gets to make her own decisions. This isn't some record label contract. You can walk away from a contract with penalties. She can't walk away from this. She has virtually no legal rights. She can't pick her own lawyer. She can't get married. She's forced to be on birth control. That isn't anything close to normal. Cases where someone is prevented from being able to have children are rare and virtually all of them involve someone with multiple kids that they can't take care of financially. This has zero to do with her label. 

TLDR: She can't walk away at all. She doesn't have the option. There isn't a contract to break.

3 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I get two of those but what is Whitney?  Crack dispenser?

Coke

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I work in the industry, I'm privy to a lot more information about it than you are.

Yeah right. Next you are going to tell me your Uncle works at Nintendo. 

Also its like you read nothing of what I posted, or you have no ability to comprehend what you read. 

Edited by DarkSakul
4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

it's going to get worse before it get better...

It's great that this scenario is blowing up in their faces... back when the whole bathroom/lockerroom situation became a thing people were arguing about, a lot of Lefties seemed to just downplay this sort of thing happening.....as if there is no such thing as a dude who will abuse the hell out of that like "hmm.... I'll just say I identify as a woman so I can walk in there..." (*possibly with a small recording device that just happens to be on....a clever voyeur would easily get some interesting "material" that way.)  Some seemed to laugh this off like that won't ever happen, and women/girls should just be totally ok with a dude showing up in there like that. 🤣  It's always fun/funny when they are presented with a situation that has no easy, "comfortable" answer.

Oh, those twins I posted about earlier... it took bit to find them but their instagram is "Fam0us.Twinsss".  Heh, I'm definitely keeping tabs to see what happens there.... I didn't click the follow button but I have them bookmarked at least.

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Look man just stop. You are way off base here. The conservatorship she was put in 13 years ago was temporary one. Her father gamed the system got it turned into a permanent one. A type of conservatorship reserved for the elderly. You are treating this situation like her dad just has a power of attorney. That would give him control over her finances not literally her entire life.  It's takes "when I say jump. you say how high" to an obscene level.  Lindsay Lohan went far more off the rails than Britney Spears and she still gets to make her own decisions. This isn't some record label contract. You can walk away from a contract with penalties. She can't walk away from this. She has virtually no legal rights. She can't pick her own lawyer. She can't get married. She's forced to be on birth control. That isn't anything close to normal. Cases where someone is prevented from being able to have children are rare and virtually all of them involve someone with multiple kids that they can't take care of financially. This has zero to do with her label. 

TLDR: She can't walk away at all. She doesn't have the option. There isn't a contract to break.

My point was never that it's was definitely her label who tried to get this instituted (although that's possible) but that the industry does stuff like this to people in it too. I'm well aware that Katy Perry and Rihanna aren't under conservatorships, but from what I understand, their contracts give their labels and management a great degree of control over them and sometimes those entities get family members or outside parties involved to do that because it's easier for the artist to handle it that way sometimes. That was my point. 

Even if there isn't a contract to break, if she truly wanted out, she could say, "Fuck this, I'm going on strike. I'm not performing, I'm going to a doc to get this IUD taken out, and I'm going to make my own decisions." But she doesn't because Britney Spears is a person who has always wanted to be told what to do, just not by her father. She's not even trying to end the conservatorship, she just doesn't want her father to be part of it. I agree what's happening to her is unfortunate and I've said they multiple times here but she's part of her own problem. She didn't even know she could petition to have the conservatorship ended. 

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Coke

Yeah right. Next you are going to tell me your Uncle works at Nintendo. 

Also its like you read nothing of what I posted, or you have no ability to comprehend what you read. 

Have you not read any of the umpteen posts I've made about being a producer and songwriter, like for a living? You are such a fucking clown. 

Edited by DoctaMario

I don't know how many of you are checking on the current problems between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, but this little side road might end up causing this trainwreck to get a LOT bigger.

The thumbnail is the TL;DR, But I'm really wondering how much will this tie into their current court battles.  There is NO way this is just a completely unrelated circumstance.

59 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Her lawyer intentionally misled her about that. He's made $ millions off of her and doesn't want to give up the cash cow.

So he's the only lawyer in the world she could ask? Did they lock her in her house or something? Again, all these people are parasites feeding off her, but by not really doing anything beyond sulking over it, she hasn't seemed to be helping herself very much. 

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Even if there isn't a contract to break, if she truly wanted out, she could say, "Fuck this, I'm going on strike. I'm not performing, I'm going to a doc to get this IUD taken out, and I'm going to make my own decisions." 

She was denied removal of her IUD by her conservatorship so no she can not. She tried to have it removed and was denied. 

I'm with the other guys you need to stop talking about this you don't know enough about this specific situation to continue commenting on it. You are getting the most basic information about her situation wrong. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

She was denied removal of her IUD by her conservatorship so no she can not. She tried to have it removed and was denied. 

I'm with the other guys you need to stop talking about this you don't know enough about this specific situation to continue commenting on it. You are getting the most basic information about her situation wrong. 

He’s in the industry though, bro. Clearly he knows more. 

I said "This specific circumstance" for a reason. I trust his opinion on the industry, he's just wrong about a lot when it comes to Britnneys situation specifically. 

She's legally bound to her conservatorship so she's not allowed to make any major life decisions, like walking away, or going on strike, what have you. 

And it's all besides the point anyway. You can coulda woulda shoulda all day, in the end we are here with an group of people abusing another person emotionally and financially and being backed by the law to do it. Shit needs to end regardless of whatever scenario you can spin up in your head about what you would have done. 

Edited by RSG3
20 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

So he's the only lawyer in the world she could ask? Did they lock her in her house or something? Again, all these people are parasites feeding off her, but by not really doing anything beyond sulking over it, she hasn't seemed to be helping herself very much. 

The lawyer was appointed to her.  She's not allowed to hire another one, because she's not in control of her life. And I believe she's in the middle of trying to get the conservatorship removed. She just had one hearing recently, and another is coming up on the 14th. So a little more than just sulking, it seems.

Edited by Chadouken
8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

The lawyer was appointed to her.  She's not allowed to hire another one, because she's not in control of her life. And I believe she's in the middle of trying to get the conservatorship removed. She just had one hearing recently, and another is coming up on the 14th. So a little more than just sulking, it seems.

Having personally delt with much smaller problems with courts and law and it was a hassle and took time, I can't imagine for someone with a name and financial worth as large as hers has to go through. I mean who of us knows how long she's even been fighting this? These court appearances could be the fruit of YEARS of work and fighting the law and the conservatorship to even get to this point. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

Having delt with much smaller problems with courts and law and it was a hassle and took time, I mean who of us knows how long she's even been fighting this. These court appearances could be the fruit of YEARS of work and fighting the law and the conservatorship to even get to this point. 

Seems like the system is stacked against her.

Another aspect of this is that her parents pushed her into performance, winning dance contests and shit since she was three years old. Seems she never really got a proper education and has been forced to be a performer since before she could even make her own decisions about it. Her first major deal was signed when she was sixteen, and she was propelled into stardom. I'm sure all that didn't help with her mental health in the first place, and it more than likely contributed to her naivety about her personal rights.

If people wanna understand the Britney situation I recommend this video. I've watched a few vids on the subject because conservstorship is something I didn't know existed or at least existed to this insane level. But legal eagle does prob the best to make it easily to understand. There's alot we still don't know because it's relating to medical stuff. But the idea she rebels and breaks the contracts means she goes to the loony bin more than likely especially given she's trying to get out of it without a new evaluation. 

Edited by Maxx
4 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Doc, I think you are a cool guy still but BRUV...

All I'm doing is asking questions. Why hasn't she done certain things, especially if she doesn't seem aware of her options? If people don't like those questions,  that's fine but people like Stu and DarkSack up here like  

page remains GIF

Whatever, I'm done. 

14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

All I'm doing is asking questions. Why hasn't she done certain things, especially if she doesn't seem aware of her options? If people don't like those questions,  that's fine but people like Stu and DarkSack up here like  

It wasn't that you were asking questions. You got the basics of the situation entirely wrong from the jump. Making it a music industry thing when it wasn't. 

Well, I was at the tv/movie section of Walmart again... sadly the I Dream of Jeannie series collection was gone.  They still have Knight Rider and Dukes of Hazzard though.  

It's odd that I've never seen a dvd set of any daytime soap opera... seems the companies that own those IPs could've made some good money off that or at least season/era collections, like "All My Children - 95/97 era" or something like that since those shows were so outrageously long.  I'd probably get certain eras of All My Children and Days of Our Lives.  I'd DEFINITELY buy a dvd collection of NBC's "Passions" day 1....it was the most insane soap opera ever produced, so naturally I adored that shit.  I'd go for Port Charles too, since it had a lot of supernatural stuff going on.

Random "Passions" hilarity, for those who forgot--- the show included a 500-year old witch "Tabitha" with a doll named "Timmy"....who occasionally came to life and liked drinking martinis.  Also, despite being centuries old, Tabitha got pregnant and had a baby girl.  Her daughter "Endora" (I think that was the name) conjured a giant living turkey for the Thanksgiving episode one year.  Tabitha also had demons hidden away in her closet.

Also, I saw a Vampire Diaries special "series collection" (I think it's 70 bucks; actually a deal imo considering TVD is 8 seasons)....nice... if I didn't already have it I would've bought that immediately, of course.  If a collection of The Originals comes later I may actually get that, since I can no longer find season 5 in stores (*should've bought it when it was a "new release").  The 5th season isn't really that good but it's nice to have the entire thing when you enjoy a show enough to own it.

6 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Have you not read any of the umpteen posts I've made about being a producer and songwriter

No one cares what you claim to do on the internet. With only your word to go by, no one cares if you are a big shotnsomg writer and producer, Elon Musk, or Joe Dirt. I am a European Count with more wealth than your label sees in a year, or I can be some troll in a basement drinking whiskey and eating ice cream sandwiches all day. Don't matter, no one cares.