Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Oreos are dope af. But I don’t miss them honestly. I always felt gross after eating them. My go to flavor was peanut butter but lemon was also dope too. 

I bought some coffee ice cream flavored ones to try with a friend about a month ago. They’re probably the best limited edition flavor I’ve had in a while. But after two of them I didn’t want any more of them. 

also, I spent all week at a friends cleaning her house and prepping for a wedding she was hosting only to come home and immediately start cleaning my kitchen and my room. 

im still in that mode of “I have to keep busy otherwise I feel useless”. Hopefully it wares off after a few days. I think tomorrow will be a chill day. I’m more or less done cleaning up my room; I just have a shiiiiiit ton of laundry to do. even after downsizing my wardrobe by a fairly significant amount I still have a shit ton of clothes.

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

I disagree, I would melt it down 

As much as my strong feelings that I have about the confederacy and the people who waive that traitorous flag today would want to have all that happen, I feel the right thing to do would put all of those statues in a museum.  It's still history and should be read and studied for future generations but them being out in the open is like we're revering them which is a major problem.

So I have my dietician appointment on Monday but I’ve been busting my ass all week helping my friend. The entire week we ate super clean and healthy meals too. 

against my better judgement, as I promised myself I wouldn’t weight myself between my monthly followed ups, I weighted myself. 

last month I weighted 278 and some change. My scale just now kept going back and forth from slightly under and slightly over 270. So I’ve lost another 9 pounds over the month if you round up. Which I am because I’m awesome.  

my goal weight (for right now) is at or sub 250lb by end of September. My dietician said with eating better, calorie counting and light exercise I’ll loose about 2 pounds a week. A month later and I weight 8 pounds less. So she was right on the money. 

I need to keep riding this high and keep pushing myself. My final goal is to be at 220 again. That’s not an end of the year goal, just an over all general goal I want.  As that’s what I was before I moved to AR. But for now I’m going to work towards my at or sub 250. 

Edited by iStu X

Growing Pains is on as usual...  there was a niiiice flash of Joanna Kerns' legs in the previous episode, as she put lotion on...unfortunately that scene didn't last long.

Oh nooooooo; ha, youtube is such a goldmine for cringe material...

... I have no idea how/why you would even be trying to get something going on with a woman in prison in the first place.  hahah this dude was a fool for so many reasons 😆

7 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I usually do other chores while it is being done 

Stu must be a fashion model with how much laundry he does.

Am I the only single man who has just 1 medium load once a week?

Giggity

Yep, single man, one load a week. Usually just work clothes since I'm working more often than not. I occasionally do 2nd loads for towels, rags, bed sheets and covers 

ah, I ran into another video on that Anne Boleyn miniseries...apparently there were other things that were inaccurate besides just the obvious miscasting

yep, this sort of thing continues to be hilarious in how absurd it all is. 

how 'bout a new Shaka Zulu film featuring Danny DeVito as Shaka?  Or... maybe Kevin Spacey as Nelson Mandela? 

Edited by MillionX

Re clothes: Ever since I was able to buy my own clothes with my own money (around 16) I’ve always had a lot of clothes. I love that fashion can be a way to express yourself in numerous ways. It can make you feel confident in ways, be a conversation starter, etc. 

My parents, especially my dad were always super cool with my sister and I expressing ourselves through fashion too. I had my hair dyed all sortsa’ colors growing up, I dressed like a punk rocker in jr high and high school, wore odd clothing, etc. My sister dressed like a hippy basically. 

It was always funny when my dad would point us out at military family functions cause my sister and I stuck out like sore thumbs. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Re clothes: Ever since I was able to buy my own clothes with my own money (around 16) I’ve always had a lot of clothes. I love that fashion can be a way to express yourself in numerous ways. It can make you feel confident in ways, be a conversation starter, etc. 

My parents, especially my dad were always super cool with my sister and I expressing ourselves through fashion too. I had my hair dyed all sortsa’ colors growing up, I dressed like a punk rocker in jr high and high school, wore odd clothing, etc. My sister dressed like a hippy basically. 

It was always funny when my dad would point us out at military family functions cause my sister and I stuck out like sore thumbs. 

Ah, a fellow fashion aficionado. I have a massive clothing selection, time to time I bag alot of it up and give it to Goodwill or my one of homies. And as yall know I recently got into shoes heavy, I have atleast close to 100 pair of shoes,Yeezys, Iversons, Dunks, Jordan's, Pumas, you name it. Most of which I bought with the last year and a half, it has become a bit of a hobby of mine

As far a general clothing, I'm told I dress like either a rapper, mafia boss or a Columbian drug dealer, which is kinda what I was going for. 😂

I regularly get compliments from the ladies and fellas about how I put outfits together. I definitely feel way better when I'm all neat and dressed up 

8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

And here I thought my 9 pairs of adidas and ASICS were excessive. 😂

Yea, I'm definitely overdoing it. To be fair, my shoe resell business helps pay for a majority of my own personal shoes, almost like some of em a free in a sense 😂

And you should see my boys collection in this fb group, I know he probably has 300+ pairs of kicks, I'm on the low end of things lol

Edited by HD-Man

sure would be nice if a discussion with Dad could be a NORMAL goddamn conversation.  It's always like sitting in a college lecture/class, with a professor that is going to drone on and on for at least the next 4 or 5+ hours, non-stop...with the occasional question thrown out there to test whether his students are actually listening or not.  When it's only 2 or 3 hours, that's about the most "brief" and "concise" he can be... currently we're at 3 hours and 29 minutes on another monologue here, so that's not so bad this time....in comparison.

Currently, Silver Spoons is on Antenna...so I'm checkin out Erin Gray's fine milf ass in the background here.  Gimme A Break is up next, then 227.... Maude is after that but I never cared for that show.

My mom sometimes talk about stuff for a while. Thankfully, the upper limit of those conversations is 1 hr - 90 min max.

The breakdown is usually..

25% - something about her smartphone functionality/ pc stuff/cooking

25% something about some real world celebrity/politician

25% - something about my appearance/behavior/ find a hoe and get married soon

6 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Y'all like women with your clothes and shoes.

I  might as well be  a beggar in Calcutta compared to these ballers.

To be fair, I AINT BLACK so the appeal of spending lots of money on shoes isnt ingrained in my DNA DOE!

I counted. I have 5 pairs of shoes. 

1 outside pair of sandals

1 all purpose black loafers

1  pair of timbaland boots (really only used in Chicago due to the snow)

1 pair of black dress shoes

1 white Nike set of sneakers  (whichever one is $60)

ha, I never placed much value on shoes....currently, I have... 3.  One pair of regular white sneakers, and then there's 2 pair of non-sneakers... 1 casual brown loafer kinda thing, and formal type black shoes...I don't even remember the brand name; I think the sneakers are plain ol' Reeboks.  With sneakers, it must always be plain white ones for me; I don't like all the colors and designs you see on the more popular shit....that's just tacky/ugly, imo.  

haha I just remembered---as a kid I was all in favor of velcro shoes-----because yes, I was THAT damn lazy.  Shoes you don't even have to tie the laces on?  Sheeeitttt, hell yeah, man.

edit--ha, just remembered that my old roommate from college was a major shoe-fiend... dude had several pairs of sneakers, taking up valuable space in the room.

The episode of Gimme A Break now is actually the first one that aired after Dolph Sweet's death, so this is interesting... they wrote it up that the Chief died so this episode is about how the daughters, Joey and Nell deal with the Chief passing away.  This is season 5, episode 1....aired in September 1985; Dolph Sweet died some months earlier.

Dad's still going, btw... thank goodness for whoever invented speaker phone.  He's up to 4 hours, 35 minutes now. ---NOTE--- phone battery started out at 100%, it's almost down to nothing right now.

Edited by MillionX
26 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

It has nothing to do with that.  I only see women buy and talk about shoes and clothes like that.  I dont know any men that do...other than you guys.  You talk like women and shop like them too.

You don't seem like the type that gets out much to even make that kind of statement, men talk about a plethora of things, shoes clothing included. And this is literally the first time guys have actually talked about clothes in depth on this site, u reaching like bad defense

The issue is you were bothered enough by it to throw shade? Weird flex, but ok. But what DO men do, since you're the expert, suppose I should smoke cigarettes, throw a football and shoot guns to appear more manly eh? 🤔

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

Currently, Silver Spoons is on Antenna...so I'm checkin out Erin Gray's fine milf ass in the background here.

Erin Gray.........................Oh yeah.  Col. Wilma Deering from Buck Rogers in the 25th century.  She wasn't bad, especially in that flight suit.........But she was on the same stage as Pamela,"Princess Ardala" Hensley.  

http://d13z1xw8270sfc.cloudfront.net/origin/266782/buck_rogers_poster_princess_ardala.jpg

If Daisy Duke is too busy running from the law, then you can count on the princess to give you an out of this world show.  

He-Man when I said I thought the sub culture was dumb I didn't mean I thought you where dumb for being a part of it. If it's your hobby it's your hobby and that's cool, I'm just utilitarian about shoes and don't need or want 100 so the idea of it strikes me as dumb. That's all. 

Plenty say the same about my game collection lol. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He-Man when I said I thought the sub culture was dumb I didn't mean I thought you where dumb for being a part of it. If it's your hobby it's your hobby and that's cool, I'm just utilitarian about shoes and don't need or want 100 so the idea of it strikes me as dumb. That's all. 

Plenty say the same about my game collection lol. 

You good, bro. U didn't insult my manhood, so no harm no foul. Different strokes and all that😂 ✊🏾

And yea, Sneaker culture ain't much different from game culture, we have actual shoe conventions, no joke, made alot of new friends there too. Lol

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

You don't seem like the type that gets out much to even make that kind of statement, men talk about a plethora of things, shoes clothing included. And this is literally the first time guys have actually talked about clothes in depth on this site, u reaching like bad defense

The issue is you were bothered enough by it to throw shade? Weird flex, but ok. But what DO men do, since you're the expert, suppose I should smoke cigarettes, throw a football and shoot guns to appear more manly eh? 🤔

I didnt realize I was throwing shade.  I know and talk to plenty of folk.  None of the men I know talk about their shows or clothes.  The only person I knew that had a shit load of shoes was my moms lady.  She had like a hunned pairs in the closet.  Shoes still in boxes "just in case I need them to match with something" shit.

Its just not something that ever comes up with the men I know, only the women.  Don't get bent outta shape about it.

Because someone in my house decided to not throw away a broken bottle of spray bleach I had the pleasure of spilling bleach all over one of my favorite shirts and all over the kitchen. 

So not only did I have to clean the entire kitchen basically twice, I had to toss out one of my favorite shirts and I’m getting a massive migraine from the bleach smell that’s lingering not only in my kitchen but on my skin. 

This day was going genuinely great too. I’ve been spot cleaning my room and watching anime in-between loads of laundry. But now it’s this. 

Still cant believe how many people i see in Youtube comments who still think Covid is man made, was used to cripple the world like a global sized conspiracy, its no more dangerous then the flu, Trumps amazing for fast tracking the dangerous, microchipped vaccine that isnt trustworthy and no one should get it even tho Trump did.

Like i really dont understand how they dont get motion sick from all the mental gymnastics needed to make even half this crap make sense.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Still cant believe how many people i see in Youtube comments who still think Covid is man made, was used to cripple the world like a global sized conspiracy, its no more dangerous then the flu, Trumps amazing for fast tracking the dangerous, microchipped vaccine that isnt trustworthy and no one should get it even tho Trump did.

Like i really dont understand how they dont get motion sick from all the mental gymnastics needed to make even half this crap make sense.

At this point I've truly stopped giving a shit about the people who want to make up excuses about not getting vaccinated.   Before the vaccine, I was mad cause people not doing the bare minimum to stop spreading the disease had effect on other people.  Now though?  Vaccine is out and you either get it or you don't.  Herd immunity is going to happen one way or another, it's just one way is going to take longer.

46 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

At this point I've truly stopped giving a shit about the people who want to make up excuses about not getting vaccinated.   Before the vaccine, I was mad cause people not doing the bare minimum to stop spreading the disease had effect on other people.  Now though?  Vaccine is out and you either get it or you don't.  Herd immunity is going to happen one way or another, it's just one way is going to take longer.

I guess I'm still a little concerned because the more people who haven't taken the vaccine, the more opportunity for the virus to mutate. We already see the Delta variant dominating most of the cases we have, and Pfizer is talking about a third booster to help protect against it. In fact, I believe they're working on another vaccine for it.

My main concern is not letting my daughter get sick. So it still annoys me when people want to be retards about the vaccine.

Edited by Chadouken

I'd imagine they're working on a true vaccine that protects you entirely from Covid-19, the current "vaccines" basically keep Covid-19 from killing you but you can still get it and spread it

Of course, not my area of expertise, I can only go off what I read. Anybody wanna help clear things up for those still on the fence? 

Edited by HD-Man
4 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Sandals are arguable. I don't like sandals and don't own a pair.

I have a pair of birks that are the most comfortable footwear I own. Also a pair of flip flops for the pool, and some Chacos for hiking through streams.

I've  also got several sneakers, mostly old trail runners that I use for yard work, and one "nice" pair for causal.  Got an awesome pair of German leather hiking boots that I use for work, and a pair of shit kickers for when I play bluegrass shows.

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'd imagine they're working on a true vaccine that protects you entirely from Covid-19, the current "vaccines" basically keep Covid-19 from killing you but you can still get it and spread it

Of course, not my area of expertise, I can only go off what I read. Anybody wanna help clear things up for those still on the fence? 

My understanding is that the mRNA vaccines provided enough immunity to prevent you from spreading the virus to others, should you come in contact with it. Which is why mask mandates have relaxed. But the antibodies you get from it wane after six months or so and a third (and annual) booster might be required.