Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

18 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Oreos are vegan already, homie

Funny enough, I used to work with a vegan who didn't eat Oreo cookies because they used bone char (charcoal made from animal bones) in processing them.

Doing a little reading about that right now, the internet's like "yeah, they might, but if you try to avoid anything that's every been touched by an animal product you may as well give up."

well, this is sure to start up that juicy topic of race-swaps once again... pictures of the new Little Mermaid now...

https://www.looper.com/459252/the-first-look-at-the-live-action-little-mermaid-is-absolutely-stunning/

one little sidenote--that name, man.... her and her "people" (agents, parents, etc.) should've gotten together about what to do on that, imo... there's been other famous people who changed their name because it was too similar to other famous people (e.g.-- Katy Perry is actually Katheryn Hudson, so she became "Katy Perry" since there was already a famous "Kate Hudson".)  I'd definitely change my name if it's that similar to another person who is already a major star....maybe it would be different if the other person died a long time ago, and that's just a "maybe", imo.... people are always going to get tripped up initially thinking for a second before going "...OH...you mean..."  As long as Halle is still alive and well this will always be the case.

I do wonder sometimes---how long until any redheaded actors out there start speaking up about their frustrations, when every redheaded white character tends to be transformed into a black person 99% of the time.... eh, some of them probably just give up and dye their hair black, brown or blond to have a *slightly* better chance at getting cast in something.  If I were someone's agent... I'd advise them to dye that hair... and if possible, practice faking a New Zealand, Aussie, or British accent... 'cause that's another thing; Hollywood in general has been all on top of the nutsack of those 3 parts of the world for many years now.  If you happen to be from Australia, New Zealand or the U.K., it looks like you automatically have better odds of getting the part over any American actors.

Edited by MillionX

The only special thing I put for delivery people is "Do not make eye contact!".  They always make eye contact.  All but the pot store guy that delivered.  He would not look at me, just kept his head down.  I was wondering why he was doing that then it clicked that I had left special instructions for the delivery person.  lol🤣🤦‍♀️

ha, it always gets a cheap laugh out of me that Korg happens to look like a sentient shit monster....a real Dukey-Man character, if you will....like something I would make in a game that has custom-character mode.  hmm...suddenly I want to create a "Boo-Boo the Brown Clown" (ready to boogie down in Funkytown!!) character...yep, a clown made of feces. ...imagine instead of a horn sound from the squeeze toy on his lapel... it just makes a juicy fart sound 😆

I'm still curious about that "sis-zone" story I posted earlier though... it seems like something that deserves more in-depth details that he(??) didn't get into....at least I assume it was a "he"...it would make more sense if that was actually a lesbian posting that, but sadly that would make it less amusing though.  If it is a dude... then damn, man... she *definitely* regarded him as the token GBF (gay-best-friend)...most of them love to keep at least 1 of those around.  It probably would be less of a bad look if she called him "brother" or something but "sis"...holy shit, man...

yeah, sadly I am all too familiar with that "like my brother" variant of the FZ....fortunately I never got the "SisZone" line though.  That is ridiculous. I keep laughing every time it and the screenshot of the text crosses my mind.

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Cards Against Humanity is one of the most awful, hilarious games ever created.

I got burnt out on it quick. But yeah. It’s fun. I haven’t played it in probably 5 years or more

I was at the PAX where they were first getting off the ground. They had a contest where you could take a white shirt or black shirt and throughout the weekend you’d find people with the opposite color shirt that you think would fit your card; take a picture and post it on their social media. 

after pax was over they’d pick the ones who had the most reactions and then slowly eliminate them by vote. Whichever duo won got the base game upon release plus every expansion they released for a year. 

a friend of mine actually ended up being one of the co-winners

there was also another PAX (I was working as a vendor this time around) where they got the fire marshal called on them and they had to take down their booth. Their booth had a huge black card and a huge white card. As you were waiting in line to buy product you were allowed to write something on either or both cards. The top 50 or 100 (can’t remember) that they enjoyed the most would be the next expansion. 

the marketing was so popular and was so overwhelming they didn’t have the man power to keep everything in check but they wouldn’t stop the marketing ploy. Unbeknownst to them people were also climbing on the ladders unsupervised. So eventually PAX was forced to get the fire marshal involved 

Both were great years. Lol

Edited by iStu X
On 7/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, AriesWarlock said:

All them posts......

......................"I'M GONNA FUCK YOU ALL NIGHT UNTIL YOU DELIVER MY FOOD!!"

I just hope that was a woman.  If not, you better throw it at their window and run.  Don't test this guy and find out he's really about it like that.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Yah boi made teriyaki chicken with jasmine rice. 
I actually made the sauce with Splenda instead of using sugar. 

D5012536-05B2-4358-8E6F-DF179EDFDAB7.jpeg

this didn’t age well. I absolutely hate it. The sauce is fine but the rice for whatever reason is undercooked and imo the chicken is over cooked. The veggies are the only good part. Which sucks cause they came from a bag

Edited by iStu X
19 hours ago, iStu X said:

The sauce is fine but the rice for whatever reason is undercooked and imo the chicken is over cooked. The veggies are the only good part

Chicken (particularly the breast) is a bastard of a meat especially if pan-searing. Personally, when cooking chicken on a skillet, I just make them "cutlets. This is just flattening it so the breast is just an even thickness to help cook the meat at the same rate. Either sandwich the meat between a piece of plastic wrap or use a ziploc bag and  go to work. Before I got a meat-tenderizer, I used a small pan. People occasionally suggest butterflying, but I find this to be more consistent, Be warned, depending on the size of the breast, you can have a fairly large piece at then end  (surface wise). Just to reiterate, the goal isn't trying to make it paper thin, you just want the meat to have the same thickness across the surface.  

Also, if you want something that's easier to prepare, chicken thighs are a solid go-to. It's a fattier cut so this prevents all the moisture from being cooked out of the meat. Don't buy the boneless/skinless thighs. It's more expensive and takes only 5-10 minutes to debone an entire pack. A good set of kitchen shears will make short work of them. With a hot pan, you can render the fat off of the thigh (skin side down) and get a really crispy exterior that's juicy. Another great benefit is the left over fat (oil) can be used to pan sear your vegetables. 

Lastly, if you don't have an instant-read thermometer, get one. It's easily the thing that has gotten me to consistently avoid overcooking meat. For chicken, the recommended cooking temp for safety is 165 degrees. I take it out of the pan somewhere between 155 and 160 due to carry-over heat. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

more nonsense highlighted by Tommy

Listen to this girl's accent/dialect, man... the shit is SO terrible 🤣  They are an embarrassment to the tribe in every possible way.

Edit--it's always going to be like that, btw... I don't believe there is any hope for the future.  200 years from now they will be exactly the same or worse.

edit 2---I assumed she was a Memphis girl...that's exactly what they sound like; apparently this is from Birmingham, AL though.  For anyone who has been lucky enough to *not* experience Memphis....if you are morbidly curious... yes, this is how MOST (and I mean 99%) of them sound all day, every day. (or should I say---"all day errrday, mane")

these kinda vids just drive the point home that much more... when you're in a place and a LOT of those "hooligans" show up, your best bet is to get out of there asap before the stupidity and drama begins.

Edited by MillionX

Car prices are through the roof. These are the other pricey parts of the new American life

American home prices are up 20% over the past year. Prices of food eaten outside the home were up more than 4% in June over the past year, and apparel prices rose nearly 5% over the same time period.

Well, rental car prices are rising, too. Daily car rental rates have increased 86% compared to this time last year and 140% more than 2019, according to Julie Hall, a spokesperson for AAA.
Blame supply chain disruptions for rental car price changes, too.

Since the start of the year, the national gas price average has increased 40% from $2.25 on January 1 to $3.13, according to Hall. Don't expect the record-breaking highs to stop anytime soon. Average gas prices are expected to rise to well over $3.25 by the end of the summer.

Over the last four weeks, the average daily rate for hotels has hit $130.90, up from $95.37 over the same period last year, according to data from STR, a global hospitality data and analytics company.
Even though prices are up since last year, in 2019, before the pandemic, average daily rates for this month were $132.99, a little higher than they are now.

Let's say you want to host a dinner party at a restaurant. The price for food away from home rose 0.7% in June.
If you'd rather stay in and host at your place, prices will probably be higher too. Prices of food at home increased 0.8% last month. Specifically, meats, poultry, fish and egg prices are to blame with a 2.5% increase.

It's not all bad though:

🥴

Spoiler

I think I hit that point where the black guy in the real world snaps on everyone. And everyone around him says he's crazy and what's wrong with him. When we all realize ohh he was the sane one on tv surrounded by crazy people.

Soo last night I went to cumberland farms in n. Attleboro. I walk in on the cashiers having a debate. One cashier was saying "oh I heard trump trump still controls the military. And the military doesn't even listen to Biden".

I laughed... The other cashier laughed. I said no that's not how it works its not true. She proceeds well that's what I read.

Then she goes on to explain how she's cheering for him to win his lawsuit. Because Facebook is violating their first amendment rights.

I then explain nicely.. I wasn't rude about it at all.Why he's most likely not gonna win.I explained the law that protects places like Facebook and Twitter from anything people do on there. I also explained why Facebook is not violating first amendment rights.

The other cashier then chimes in who agreed with me partly but thinks he might win because Facebook will randomly delete things. I also broke it down how tos work and you can see on their they have the right to this stuff. It doesn't violate the first amendment. Facebook is a private company and we agreed to their tos when we signed up

Then the first pro. Trump Lady goes "well how can it be a private company if millions of People are on there." she said it with so much confidence like.. Owned you lib.

I could only. Laugh and walk away. I tapped out. Lmfao everyone on either side is crazy.

Im hindsight fb is public and was private til 2012.but the point still remains.. They still can do it. It doesn't violate your rights as an American.

Experience from last night. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:
  Hide contents

I think I hit that point where the black guy in the real world snaps on everyone. And everyone around him says he's crazy and what's wrong with him. When we all realize ohh he was the sane one on tv surrounded by crazy people.

Soo last night I went to cumberland farms in n. Attleboro. I walk in on the cashiers having a debate. One cashier was saying "oh I heard trump trump still controls the military. And the military doesn't even listen to Biden".

I laughed... The other cashier laughed. I said no that's not how it works its not true. She proceeds well that's what I read.

Then she goes on to explain how she's cheering for him to win his lawsuit. Because Facebook is violating their first amendment rights.

I then explain nicely.. I wasn't rude about it at all.Why he's most likely not gonna win.I explained the law that protects places like Facebook and Twitter from anything people do on there. I also explained why Facebook is not violating first amendment rights.

The other cashier then chimes in who agreed with me partly but thinks he might win because Facebook will randomly delete things. I also broke it down how tos work and you can see on their they have the right to this stuff. It doesn't violate the first amendment. Facebook is a private company and we agreed to their tos when we signed up

Then the first pro. Trump Lady goes "well how can it be a private company if millions of People are on there." she said it with so much confidence like.. Owned you lib.

I could only. Laugh and walk away. I tapped out. Lmfao everyone on either side is crazy.

Im hindsight fb is public and was private til 2012.but the point still remains.. They still can do it. It doesn't violate your rights as an American.

Experience from last night. 

If we tried to put in at least 1% of trying to ohh snap or gotcha! moments into something more positive we would be better off. Sadly this pandemic and the election combo has melted that plastic toy boat. At least you calmly explained your points and tapped out at the best time. Respect Brother.

Edited by GreyFoxx
3 minutes ago, GreyFoxx said:

If we tried to put in at least 1% of trying to ohh snap or gotcha! moments into something more positive we would be better off. Sadly this pandemic and the election combo has melted that plastic toy boat. At least you calmly explained your points and tapped out at the best time. Respect Brother.

I really try not to be the asshole lefty guy they make us out to be. I do try to calmly explain things in hopes that educating them will make them less aggro. Most of the conflicts going on is ignorance and not because someone really hates another.. They legit just don't know