Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I really try not to be the asshole lefty guy they make us out to be. I do try to calmly explain things in hopes that educating them will make them less aggro. Most of the conflicts going on is ignorance and not because someone really hates another.. They legit just don't know 

Trying to have that conversation with most people, left or right, is like trying to convince a heroin addict to give up heroin. They won't be trying to to hear you unless they're ready. 

23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Trying to have that conversation with most people, left or right, is like trying to convince a heroin addict to give up heroin. They won't be trying to to hear you unless they're ready. 

You literally won't know where they are unless you actually talk to them. So automatically dismissing anyone doesn't help. 

another little thing to make people feel old for a minute--- that newer Thundercats show... the GOOD one, of course... it has now (or at least this Fall is the birthday, I think) been 10 years since that debuted on (unfortunately) Cartoon Network's new action-block of shows, which was Friday afternoon/night if I recall.  That lineup was great while it lasted; new Thundercats, Young Justice, and Symbionic Titan, Batman: Brave and the Bold... and I think Generator Rex was part of it at some point.  There was also a Green Lantern show which was wayyy better than I expected; I still have some episodes recorded/saved, actually.  Good thing in Young Justice's case that it found life elsewhere and thus can still be seen if you happen to have hbomax.  The newer season isn't so great though...it's been a bit of a drag to watch so far.

ha, Young Turks is live right now... it would be fun to participate in the live-chat but I can already see that they are the *usual* type that are quick to ban anyone that even slightly disagrees with something.  That's about what I expect from their side, really. 😆

Edited by MillionX
16 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I was gonna say it doesn't count when you buy the salad at the store lmao. 

The thought of having chain dine-in food and fast food just makes me sick to my stomach now. Same with pizza. 

there are some freezer aisle stuff and processed stuff that isn’t terrible for me and I can have but I still only want them few and far in between while on my diet. I’m down almost 40 pounds and have 16 to go before September. Gotta keep the course and keep myself disciplined. 

Edited by iStu X

According to ESPN, the network averaged 6,488,000 viewers for the Euro 2020 Final. It was nearly two million more viewers than ESPN’s previous high for a Euro Final, which came in 2012, Spain vs Italy. Another 2.9 million tuned in Sunday on Univision, combining for a total average audience of 9.4 million people in the United States who watched the Euro 2020 Final.

In comparison, the NBA Finals, which air on ESPN’s sister network ABC have averaged 8.9 million viewers through three games, featuring the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns. 8.56M in Game 1, 9.38M for Game 2 and 9.02 during Game 3. Viewership peaked at 11.1 million during Games 2 and 3. If the Euro Final aired on ABC instead of cable, the audience would have grown even more.

The NBA Finals are a best-of-seven series, which hopes to see drama build as more games are played. Even though the Bucks and Suns don’t represent large markets in the United States, the deeper the series goes, the more likely it is the NBA Finals on ABC will end up surpassing the Euro 2020 Final.

But it remains a nice victory for soccer to see the Euro Final get such a dramatic viewership boost on ESPN. The sport will hope to see that success eventually carry over to MLS popularity, which still remains far behind the NBA in the United States.

17 hours ago, Maxx said:

You literally won't know where they are unless you actually talk to them. So automatically dismissing anyone doesn't help. 

I get what you're saying, but why try to have that conversation with strangers knowing that most people are unable to talk about things like politics or religion without getting down in their feelings? Its one thing to discuss that stuff with friends and family, but strangers? You're just setting yourself up. 

12 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Konami and MegaBee productions present.....

Castlevania!

Starring.....

@Volt as Simon Belmont

RSG3 as Trevor Belmont

Stuart Hayden as Alucard

Neesa as Sypha

DoctaMario as Richter Belmont

Dangerous J as Reinhardt Schneider

Darksakul as Death/Grim Reaper

Million as Isaac

Odin as Dracula

This might be the best one you've done yet and I love that Reinhardt is part of the cast!

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I get what you're saying, but why try to have that conversation with strangers knowing that most people are unable to talk about things like politics or religion without getting down in their feelings? Its one thing to discuss that stuff with friends and family, but strangers? You're just setting yourself up. 

My family I don't have to worry about. And my friends are like 99% lefty soooo who am I helping? I get outside my circles and don't live in an echo chamber. That's why I'm at least willing to listen to republican people. I don't immediately shut down the min I hear they are a republican. I don't ever wanna live in an echo chamber. Talkin to people and strangers has allowed me to see far more different views. Especially because some friends are afraid to talk about that kinda thing because they think it will ruin a relationship. 

But a stranger has no personal attachment to me so I def get a more unfiltered viewpoint. Don't be afraid to chop it up with someone you don't know. 

36 minutes ago, Maxx said:

My family I don't have to worry about. And my friends are like 99% lefty soooo who am I helping? I get outside my circles and don't live in an echo chamber. That's why I'm at least willing to listen to republican people. I don't immediately shut down the min I hear they are a republican. I don't ever wanna live in an echo chamber. Talkin to people and strangers has allowed me to see far more different views. Especially because some friends are afraid to talk about that kinda thing because they think it will ruin a relationship. 

But a stranger has no personal attachment to me so I def get a more unfiltered viewpoint. Don't be afraid to chop it up with someone you don't know. 

It's not so much being afraid of talking to people I don't know, but you mentioned trying to "educate" people which is what I was talking about. 

There's been enough BS involved in getting a PS5 that I just reallocated the money I had set aside for that ($800) to getting a new computer. I don't even really need a new computer, but I'm going to be getting a laptop and figured why not.

The last time I got this computer (in 2014), it was through a place that built them. I got to pick stuff I wanted and got the computer built according to that. Is there good online service or chain that does something similar to that? I haven't kept up with the times on this front.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

out of curiosity, what was the most radical conversation you ever had? 

At work, Disney has changed its stance from "disney you/real you" are separate, into we want the REAL you at work all the time...which has caused some issues on both sides left and right for the more outspoken people. Most don't say much but now if someone speaks up, If I feel comfy doing so, I will put in my 2 cents. To the surprise of my co-workers (and yet they're not surprised) I am right wing BUT not all right wing are republicans/conservative. That in itself has been a fun conversation to explain. 

I have no fear of talking to people, rather, the issue is when something gets said a person doesn't want to hear and lets their feelings get in the way of reason/evidence/facts. 

That woman who you chatted with about the bannings made a poor framing for her argument. 😆 

45 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

out of curiosity, what was the most radical conversation you ever had? 

At work, Disney has changed its stance from "disney you/real you" are separate, into we want the REAL you at work all the time...which has caused some issues on both sides left and right for the more outspoken people. Most don't say much but now if someone speaks up, If I feel comfy doing so, I will put in my 2 cents. To the surprise of my co-workers (and yet they're not surprised) I am right wing BUT not all right wing are republicans/conservative. That in itself has been a fun conversation to explain. 

I have no fear of talking to people, rather, the issue is when something gets said a person doesn't want to hear and lets their feelings get in the way of reason/evidence/facts. 

That woman who you chatted with about the bannings made a poor framing for her argument. 😆 

Two people from the martial arts community. 1 was a friend who dated only black guys and 1 was a random in someone who friended mes comment section. Both believed black people do most of the crime in America... Even though we make up 13% of the population. 

The friend is way more crazier because no one fucking saw it coming. She was balls deep figuratively and literally in black culture. She's a white girl who talked slang, acted black and then during the past election turned fucking upside down on us. Saying blacks are the ones rioting, doing all this crime.. Blm is a terrorist organization like kkk. All this fucking shit. Every black person I saw who was friends with her and welcomed her to their dojo to train was in fucking shock. 

Their was never one ounce of hate I ever saw towards black people or blame them before the election. I've known her for years... We were on the same karate team and traveled the country and that shocked us all. 

Disney wants "the real you" at work?!  Ha, that sounds like a recipe for disaster, imo.... reminds me of those 2 basic things I finally realized fairly recent in life that are bullshit---> "just be yourself" and "honesty is the best policy".  Sometimes, it only hurts you to "keep it real" and be true to yourself.  Sure would be nice to have that luxury of being 100% real and true to myself in every situation, but nah I'll pass on that.

Just one small example---take those marathon conversations (that are mostly monologues) from Dad.  If I were to let on that I actually disagree with him on certain things, then *boom* that immediately changes a 5-hour conversation into a 12-hour one (this is a "low" estimate, btw... and yes it's much more time if you speak with him in person.  He can literally ramble on for probably 24 hours straight if he didn't have to sleep at some point)....which will continue on and on forever since he would never, under any circumstances, let a point of contention just go and "agree to disagree".  It could be 8 years later and he'll still remember that shit and bring it up for more 12+ hour conversation(monologues) again and again forever. (I've also suspected that in addition to OCD, he might have something bordering on eidetic memory; I think that's what it's called when people have this freakish ability to just never forget even small details.)  It's like an attorney continuing to state his case and bring in new pieces of evidence for supporting arguments for the rest of eternity.  There is no escaping it....ever.

Work is another easy example--- I'd love to be perfectly honest about how our system is a rancid piece of shit that must've been designed by a glorified troll....or that there's times when I'm in the mood to break someone's face (preferably the asshole who designed the system).  Obviously it would *NOT* be a great idea to be honest about shit like that.----or how 'bout facebook?  Post an "incorrect" political opinion there, and let's say someone from work sees that; well that's your ass right there.  You're done because of "wrong-think"....since very few people in this sorry, dumbass, embarrassment of a species are tolerant of even slightly different opinions.

...orrrr with the men vs. women thing---- does anyone really think it would be wise for a guy to *honestly* say "yeah, my idea of a fun weekend is a large pizza and several hours spent playing Gears 5 and Outriders, bruh.  The latest patch update boosted the legendary drop rate by 100% so I might get that Acarri set finally!!! 🤓" if he's trying to come off as "interesting" enough for her to come on over, presumably to get something going on at some point?  C'mon now...

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, Lantis said:

Must have been due to all the Americans willing to see if "football was coming home"

Spoiler alert: it didn't 😂😂

I don't think the murricans care too much about England they shouldn't, same as Mexico caring about Spain, fuck Spain. Forza Italy! Lol. 

Edited by rukawa_kaede

Well, they mentioned this moment on last night's episode so of course I had to go dig this gold up to see for myself.... they put it to the test live right there on the show that day... 😆:

and hell yeah she is SMOKIN' hot...being in her Friend Zone must be eternal torment.

they should do this more often... eh, the problem of course is that most girls probably wouldn't want to do this live on the show, I bet.... in most cases it would be because deep down they KNOW the result if they suddenly hit their straight male friend up with a call or text about wanting to fuck or something like that.

Edited by MillionX

The friend zone is self imposed I've come to learn, if a person isn't attracted to you in the same way you're attracted to them, you simply stop being their friend. Unrequited love will end in doom, best to cut ties early and save the heartache

Many women won't actually tell you they're not attracted to you tho, as some love to have guys fawn over them and stroke their ego. But the signs are ALWAYS there whether you pay attention or not