Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, Reiraku said:

About to get on a plane to Japan. This should be fun.

Have a safe trip. Japan is on my bucket list. 

Speaking of that . . . are there any places or things that are on your bucket list that you've crossed off? One of those for me was going to Hawaii. My wife and I spent a week in Maui. It's one of the few places I have visited that I want to revisit. 

50 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

places or things that are on your bucket list that you've crossed off

I've watched an active volcano erupting, and hiked a tropical rainforest.  Been to Europe a few times too.

And without getting TMI, I've done all of the relationship and/or sex stuff I'd put on a bucket list at least once.

Edited by Reticently

MegaBee productions presents:

A remake of a classic film...

Black Snake Moan!

Tagline: Moan bitch moan!

Starring...

Million as Lazarus Redd

Sydney Sweeney as Rae Doole

Justin Timberlake as Robbie

Hanzo Hattori as Gill

Akumachan as Angela the pharmacist 

Directed by Darc Requiem

Edited by DangerousJ
56 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

My insurance (Progressive) just raised their monthly rate yet again by 60 bucks.

Is every insurance blowing up thanks to inflation or is it just them?

My rates have gone down and I have Progressive. Are their a lot of accidents in your area? I haven't had a ticket in 20 years but my rates went up few years ago because of the frequency accidents. I-77 is terrible. It's not unusual for me to 3 accidents a day some weeks. Bear in mind, I'm only driving on a roughly 10 mile stretch of I-77.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
24 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

No. I guess my area's just bad. My insurance went up 60 bucks the second I moved. Been steadily going up since then, and I haven't even been here a year yet.

Yeah it maybe your area. I remember my aunt getting shell shocked when she moved to Florida from Virginia.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

My insurance (Progressive) just raised their monthly rate yet again by 60 bucks.

Is every insurance blowing up thanks to inflation or is it just them?

Yes.  House insurance is apparently in shambles right now from what I've been hearing from our ancillary team at work and Car insurance overall has been seeing an average increase across the industry.  2023 was not a fun time for us having to talk to the influx of customer calls.

Edit:

There's actually been several articles about this

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/13/business/car-insurance-rates-are-surging/index.html

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC the only thing that happened was he lost his job. He should have been questioned by police and he should have been banned from buying McRibs too.

As far as I remember, all the subject stayed on twitter, so whatever happened was never brought to any authorities of any kind.

45 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I saw a wild tweet from Andrew Tate show up in my feed....didn't think he actually tweeted it so checked it and he did.

I legit can't tell if he's being serious or not

In all honesty sex is meant for procreation. Does it HAVE to be ONLY for that? We as humans have evolved to make it more than just for pumping out kids. I think rather than overanalyze it here, just accept you're ghey. I'm ghey, we're all ghey here. 

Discussed to death but girls want the character they like to like them (a reflection of themselves). Boys like to pretend to BE the character regardless of the main character's appearance. To this degree is why it's so easy to get a reaction of "Blariel" looking "like me" to little girls. 

It's also the LAZIEST way to represent a character and to approve of this means minorities cannot get a good character unless it was originally white. The easiest solution is to make (for example) an original mermaid NOT called Ariel. You can STILL call it The Little Mermaid because it doesn't directly refer to Ariel. Heck let's take it a step further, let's give Black NOT ariel a new BFF and make her a latina to appeal to that audience, OH WAIT it has been done!

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Gabriella

She was deaf too so there you go, brownie points for that community. Point is, race-swapping is lazy. Do better Disney, do better everyone else. 

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Sure, if you believe clearly staged vids to create positive buzz.

Sure, if you want to be that passissmistic about things when they don't align with the narrative you push. 

I've seen this reaction in real life with my own two eyeballs but I don't run around with a camera all the time like a nutcase recording peoples children to compile evidence so all I have is the "clearly paid child actors" in this video. sorry. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

It's also the LAZIEST way to represent a character and to approve of this means minorities cannot get a good character unless it was originally white

No it doesn't. There's tons of great originally black characters to, and successful to boot. This arguments even lazier then the race swap is. 

Yea sure change even more about the story, the "originals" a pretty shitty adaptation of the book anyway, might as well change more then they already did. It's not like they ever stuck to the story to begin with. 

Edited by RSG3