Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

This might be unpopular, but I think Steam's success has been a net negative for gaming given that they're a defacto monopoly and that they normalized internet-as-delivery-method and non-physical games.

It's a mixed bag.  If it wasn't Steam, someone else would be in that spot, and a LOT of big online platforms suck a lot more than Steam does.  (Now, Stead did suck donkey balls for quality on launch.)

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

This might be unpopular, but I think Steam's success has been a net negative for gaming given that they're a defacto monopoly and that they normalized internet-as-delivery-method and non-physical games.

And their customer service is absolutly fucking dog shit because Gabens from IT and believes in the ticket system. It's part of why I don't use Steam I Dread having to deal with Valve Customer Service should something go wrong with my account that would have thousands of dollars of purchases attached to it. 

Fucking Sony and Nintendos customer service is better. Think about that. 

Edited by RSG3
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

And their customer service is absolutly fucking dog shit because Gabens from IT and believes in the ticket system. It's part of why I don't use Steam I Dread having to deal with Valve Customer Service should something go wrong with my account that would have thousands of dollars of purchases attached to it. 

Fucking Sony and Nintendos customer service is better. Think about that. 

I've always had good experiences with their customer service honestly

30 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

I've always had good experiences with their customer service honestly

The few times I've called its been a nightmare and that seems to be the general consensus from most people who have had to use it. 

I'm really glad it worked out for you tho, fighting CS is something people really shouldn't have to do. 

Edit: @Darc_RequiemYo for like a solid month my favorite way to pass time idly was to look up black people reacting to Ram Jams Black Betty or Wild Cherrys Play That Funky Music White Boy and losing their shit when they see both those bands are white as fuuuuuuuuuuuck 🤣 

Edited by RSG3
29 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Edit: @Darc_RequiemYo for like a solid month my favorite way to pass time idly was to look up black people reacting to Ram Jams Black Betty or Wild Cherrys Play That Funky Music White Boy and losing their shit when they see both those bands are white as fuuuuuuuuuuuck 🤣 

I did the same thing with Bobby Caldwell when he passed away. I watched a bunch of people watch his "What You Won't Do For Love" video and flip out when sings "I came back to let you know" stands up from the bench and you see he's white. One dude actually stopped the video and called his mom on his cellphone to ask her about it. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
52 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Okay, I want to make sure I'm not in The Twilight Zone or something. I keep seeing story's and videos about "Natasha Ramos claiming" to have sang Jenny From Block and people being shocked. I know for a fact that this all came out more than decade ago. Did I miss something?

She apparently did the reference lead vocal and BGV arrangement vocals (that they probably left in because JLo is shitty singer and it probably helped pad out the mix a bit and was cheaper and easier than trying to get JLo to re-sing all of it)

That sort of thing has been going on for a long time though. That protege girl group Rick James had called the Mary Jane Girls apparently used to do some vocal pinch hitting on Paula Abdul's records for the same reason.

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I did the same thing with Bobby Caldwell when he passed away. I watched a bunch of people watch his "What You Won't Do For Love" video and flip out when sings "I came back to let you know" stands up from the bench and you see he's white. One dude actually stopped the video and called his mom on his cellphone to ask her about it. 🤣🤣🤣

Rick Astley is another one. When "Never Gonna Give You Up" first came out, it got a lot of play on black R&B stations because the single was just a vinyl with a white label and no picture or anything. Course once they found out he was a ginger I think the airplay on those stations tapered off lol

MegaShock Boss Strategy Guide:  

Aries Warlock:  Strap him to a chair and force him to listen to Kenny G. Head explodes in 10 minutes

Infernoman: Dip a crucifix in a mixture of pineapple juice and lime juice  and throw it at him. Fatality!

Optimus124/Dangerous J: Donate Transformer collection to Goodwill.  Proceed to kick in the balls.

Stuart Hayden: Condition his cat to trip him near a pit of spikes.

SonicHuman: Ask Mrs. SonicHuman to say "You're too fast"  SH's soul leaves body like Kabal MK3 fatality

Darc Requiem:  While eating Jade Cargill's ass, the buttcheeks crack his head like a walnut.  

Edited by DangerousJ

The entertainment industry was something I've wanted to experiment with, but I don't want to aim to align with Hollywood anymore due to economic income adjustment. I no longer have the personality duration to pretend to have a perception opposed to my personality anymore, as I've done that the majority of my life to fit in and survive, as I'm too much of an non comformist to divert that any further. I've rejected those people last year, but I've blocked their contacts this time around because they've reached out again.

Nothing seems to connect with career choices, but at the end, it's just a job to me honestly. Nothing special.

45 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

The entertainment industry was something I've wanted to experiment with, but I don't want to aim to align with Hollywood anymore due to economic income adjustment. I no longer have the personality duration to pretend to have a perception opposed to my personality anymore, as I've done that the majority of my life to fit in and survive, as I'm too much of an non comformist to divert that any further. I've rejected those people last year, but I've blocked their contacts this time around because they've reached out again.

Nothing seems to connect with career choices, but at the end, it's just a job to me honestly. Nothing special.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528zd9t42rgor4lev39zk

5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

1. WTF does DEI have to do with this?  2. This woman is clearly having a shit day and taking it out on the passengers which she definitely should not be doing and I don't doubt that she lost her job over this.  You're costing the airline money unnecessarily and creating a hostile environment unprovoked.  She could have been sitting in the cockpit dressed like that and I don't think ANYONE would have been the wiser for it and just flown the fucking plane.  And then you decided to bring politics into it lol.  Yeah I'd be feeling pretty fucking uncomfortable on that flight cause this feels like "I'm on a downward spiral and I might just fucking take you with me" mentality.

haha I had forgotten about the "bored ape" character until that post--- that seemed to be the "face" of the strange, short-lived "nft" era.  That was funny that people were spending money on those thinking it would be worth something later.

...a shame that Modnation Racers is a dead IP now... I probably would've made "bored ape" one of my characters for a cheap laugh.  Modnation had everything in the game industry easily beat with superior customization on damn near everything.  The supposed king of the genre Mario Kart (nor anything else) wasn't giving us that.

*I had a dream the other night that traveling to other planets was a common thing, similar to when people hop on a plane to vacation in another part of the world.  In the dream, I was visiting some other planet and surprised to find out that phone calls to family back on earth still worked just fine for some reason.

Edited by MillionX

Imagine the possibilities in a few years.... who would even need Hollywood studios anymore at that point?  ...I could just direct the almighty AI to create whatever, all specifically catered to your own taste; just off the top of my head here:

• The Originals, season 6, Vampire Diaries season 9... a "fixed" version of "Legacies".
  • Automan, with today's special effects.
  • New Silverhawks series.
  • Sectaurs: The Return. (an IP that has absolutely no chance, since I am one of perhaps 35 people in the world that remember it)
  • Unreal Championship
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Dungeons & Dragons (continuing with the characters from the old 80s cartoon; new adventures)
  • Vampire the Masquerade series
  • Strider
  • Baldur's Gate - the continuing adventures of my characters, of course.

...and of course that's not even getting into any of the original ideas that could become reality according to whatever the user has in mind.  The list goes on and on forever.... effectively making the regular Hollywood tv/movies industry obsolete for me.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:
  • Sectaurs: The Return. (an IP that has absolutely no chance, since I am one of perhaps 35 people in the world that remember it)

Man, I used to love Sectaurs. My brother and I had the one spider and ant figures. We could never find any of the heroes though.

5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Million,

Have you watched X-Men 97?

If not, you're missing out!

nah I haven't seen it yet---for one, I don't have Disney and it's only on that, I think(?)  I'm glad they went with a mostly similar look to the old 90s cartoon, of course.  That 90s style is what jumps out as the best/memorable X-men look to me.

This reminds me; I was watching this cool vid about Mr. Sinister recently...one of my favorite comic book villains ever...

On another note entirely---some more foolishness Anton was taking a look at for a minute... I never tire of vids where women make themselves look foolish....

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Nothing, it's just our current buzz blame word of the week, it's easier to blame then to actually look into what might cause someone to behave like this. 

Yeah, I don't know much about DEI, but invariably, someone screaming about it on twitter is a racist or sexist loser. It's starting to take over "woke" in that regard.

Edited by axeman61
6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Million,

Have you watched X-Men 97?

If not, you're missing out!

I was homesick yesterday. I watched the episode 5, was left speechless, and then watched all the videos of every losing their shit after watching it. Unless Beau DeMayo commited a crime, they need to bring that dude back. X-Men '97 is absurd levels of good.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

Imagine the possibilities in a few years.... who would even need Hollywood studios anymore at that point?  ...I could just direct the almighty AI to create whatever, all specifically catered to your own taste; just off the top of my head here:

• The Originals, season 6, Vampire Diaries season 9... a "fixed" version of "Legacies".
  • Automan, with today's special effects.
  • New Silverhawks series.
  • Unreal Championship
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Dungeons & Dragons (continuing with the characters from the old 80s cartoon; new adventures)
  • Vampire the Masquerade series
  • Strider
  • Baldur's Gate - the continuing adventures of my characters, of course.

...and of course that's not even getting into any of the original ideas that could become reality according to whatever the user has in mind.  The list goes on and on forever.... effectively making the regular Hollywood tv/movies industry obsolete for me.

Dude,  all this exactly!  Endless possibilities. 

And can you imagine if AI gets into the video game industry?  What does that even look like?  Stadia was released before its time and failed because the world wasn't ready for streaming games.  But what if streaming AI generated games based on what you tell it you want becomes a reality?  Imagine VR AI. Holy fuck. 

Edited by Chadouken
2 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Friend and I used to call the Nintendo support line to prank call them but they ended up being really chill lol

I've never had any issue with Nintendo support. I remember when my Wii's GPU started going bad. I called Nintendo and even though it was out of warranty, they fixed it for free. They sent me the Fedex label, I shipped it off, I got it back in week. Only service nightmare I had was Sony with the PS2 and I wasn't the only one. 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

OJ was a wild AF dude.   This man the only killer to get off on a technically and literally go up and literally taunt and play in people's faces after the fact multiple times.  If had just gotten out of trail of the century I wouldn't have wanted anything that could attract attention to me.  I didn't even know that he did this shit on top of the other stuff he was known for doing which is just so fucking wild.

Also I can't believe they're actually gonna go through with this.  I'll def go check this out whenever it releases

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

OJ was a wild AF dude.   This man the only killer to get off on a technically and literally go up and literally taunt and play in people's faces after the fact multiple times.  If had just gotten out of trail of the century I wouldn't have wanted anything that could attract attention to me.  I didn't even know that he did this shit on top of the other stuff he was known for doing which is just so fucking wild.

The craziest thing to me is when he got locked up for the memorbilia situation, it did seem like the dudes ripped him off. He was basically trying to sell shit on the low to get around the judgement against him from the civil case. So the dudes thought they just steal from him. Given how well publicized the OJ murder case was and how violently Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman were killed, you have to have some boulder sized balls to rip OJ off. They were surprised when OJ rolled up on them with the heat demanding his shit back? Did you see what he did to the mother of his kids!? That level of stupidity that should be in the Guiness Book of World Records. Nicole and Ron, I feel bad for. Those memorabilia dudes? Nah, you know what you dealing with and you still try to pull something. They are lucky OJ didn't kill them.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I think this show was part of the sad, final era of "Saturday Morning cartoons"... it was one of the last ones I cared about at least.... a real shame it didn't last; the potential for greatness was there

...though it being a Saturday-morning show was frustrating at the time though, since naturally that means the restraints of "standards and practices" would be super strict on what they could show.

Edited by MillionX
47 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I think this show was part of the sad, final era of "Saturday Morning cartoons"... it was one of the last ones I cared about at least.... a real shame it didn't last; the potential for greatness was there

...though it being a Saturday-morning show was frustrating at the time though, since naturally that means the restraints of "standards and practices" would be super strict on what they could show.

i really enjoyed sigma's focus on storm shadow n snake eyes. still the coolest in that universe.