Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

52 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

To the maybe one or two of you who know who Joyner Lucas is, tell me this isn't some shit he would do.

It definitely is and I love the dude for it. He's Hip Hop/Rap's wild card. He's never doing anything basic or standard.

Edited by BB_Hoody

Wednesday me and my sista drove up to Prescott to tour the Embry Riddle campus. That place from what I saw? More than lived up to it's reputation. I now see why their name is so heavy in the aviation industry.

Students from around the world come out here to attend. It's expensive but it looks like you get your money's worth. State of the art flight simulators. A fleet of aircrafts to train with. Wind tunnels, machinist shops with the latest machinery and tools. All the professors are proven masters of their fields with real world experience to pull from.

Saw some students working on building their own rockets and satellites! I was just gonna be content with the tour. But I heard how faculty can get reduced tuition. So I asked about mechanic jobs there.

Apparently there are some. For maintaining their fleet. 50% off for full time students that are faculty. And tuition is flat out waved for part time students that are faculty. I talked with a father and his son on the tour. Dad is a Embry Riddle alumn from the 80s flying for FedEx. And son followed in his footsteps and is a pilot too.

They had a lot of wisdom and advice. Talked about my mechanic experience. And the son strongly suggested becoming a pilot. Because pilots with mechanical experience are so rare. Said doors would be wide open for me if I did that. And my mom also thought I should learn to fly since I already work on them. So yeah might just do that. 

It's really annoying how goddamn shitty Microsoft generally is.  It makes things annoying and more difficult than they should be when part of your job involves using these shoddily mammy-made half-ass bullshit like MS Teams and the "Office" garbage ass apps.  ...little shit like why am I having to wait 38 years for a goddamn word to appear on the screen after I typed it?  Or the icon shows up like things are fine but the app window itself isn't there and it is not minimized, etc. etc.  Maybe if the IT industry wasn't apparently run by actual retards and trolls then the shit would function properly more often.  Silly of me to expect things to work properly, I guess.

13 hours ago, axeman61 said:

To the maybe one or two of you who know who Joyner Lucas is, tell me this isn't some shit he would do.

I currently live where Joyner Lucas is from and I've never heard so many people diss their own as they have with him LOL

So many odd dreams lately... so the other night it was a dream about vacationing on other planets being a normal thing... then last night I dreamed that the "penny-farthing" or "high-wheel" bike was back in style for some reason, and I had one.  I've never even given that much thought since first learning about them as a little kid... those were the bikes from a long time ago with the super-large/tall front wheel.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny-farthing

In the dream, I was stressing out about where I could safely park the thing when I went to stores or wherever I was headed....kinda regretting my purchase and wishing I went with a normal-sized bike instead....it also seemed awkward in comparison to normal bikes.  That's the other thing---I haven't even ridden a bicycle since I was a kid.... I had a black/grey Huffy-brand one that had the "dirt-bike" look that was so cool at the time.

That other dream about being on another planet though--- yeah, aliens were also involved, of course... it was a normal thing to also consider the customs and laws and what's "acceptable" with the native people of whatever world you were visiting.

oh yes, I can't get enough of anything that shines a spotlight on that worthless shit-hole city Memphis, TN

The intriguing thing is the level of coping I've seen from people I know there...I think it runs at such a deep subconscious level they aren't really aware that's what it likely is, to be so proud of what is obviously a shitty place filled with horrible, untrustworthy and outright dangerous people everywhere....similar to how an abused spouse would be so proud and may even get defensive over the "loving partner" that occasionally beats their ass.

...with the Infinity Gauntlet powers, yep, this city would be on the list of things I'd magically erase from the universe.....and then I'd sit there with the same smile of satisfaction, that I did a great thing....like wiping a bad stain off the country.

stoic GIF

Edited by MillionX

Well, today's an anniversary for Friday the 13th...  part 4, which happens to be my favorite in the franchise is 40 years old now:

The top ranks for me in that are part 4 and 6 "Jason Lives".  Part 7 is up there as well for me; that was the one with the blonde psychic girl as the main character.

'84 also being the legendary year that gave us The Terminator as well... that's really the main film that comes to mind when I think of that year.

Yeah Ghostbusters is the other big one that comes to mind when I think of that year..  

...so this episode of The Unbelievable on History just now covered "Smell-O-Vision"... I vaguely remember hearing about that before but didn't give it much thought as a kid...I think I just wrote it off as a joke reference or something but yeah it was real https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

Imagine if they debuted this concept with a nasty comedy film...... filled with toilet humor....then you'd have scenes of a character farting or dropping a huge shitpile, and the audience would actually be smelling that for real!  Drop some puke scenes in there for good measure and let the audience catch a whiff of that.  

A pro-Palestinian protester demanding a ceasefire resolution found herself in some hot water after threatening the lives of city council members in Bakersfield, CA.

Riddhi Patel, who is the Economic Development Coordinator for the Center for Race, Poverty and the Environment in Delano, CA, began to address the council members cordially enough before her speech went rapidly downhill.

"We'll murder you". Wow.

Sounds like she has been conditioned to believe she can talk like that

with no repercussions.

Edited by AriesWarlock

So a diss track from Drake dissing Kendrick Lamar leaked . . .

and then Rick Ross came from the top ropes 

Drake should know better than to diss actual rappers. You get "The Story of Adidon"

That one track alone was enough to tell my man to never do that again. How does someone bully you into fatherhood?

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Guess the story line from MK Onslaught is another time line and not the same time line as MK11 or MK. Note that they don't mentioned that Shao Kahn got defeated and only Sindel got defeated. Maybe chapters 9 and later can be a Shao Kahn redemption arc where Shao Kahn takes down Shinnok and the 2 sorcerors

Oh yeah, and what's this

FAFO

27 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DangerousJThe Story of Adidon was brutal. The best disses are the one's laced with facts. They are hard to come back from.

Pusha-T practically had a diss EP lined up if Drake tried again. Drake really should not do this. . . but he gonna try with Kendrick. 

Kendrick gonna release hell upon that man. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

A pro-Palestinian protester demanding a ceasefire resolution found herself in some hot water after threatening the lives of city council members in Bakersfield, CA.

Riddhi Patel, who is the Economic Development Coordinator for the Center for Race, Poverty and the Environment in Delano, CA, began to address the council members cordially enough before her speech went rapidly downhill.

There is so many buzzwords in these bios, it is giving me a headache. Patel's bio includes "She prioritizes highlighting the intersectionality that comes with the environmental justice movement to achieve collective liberation for all oppressed communities."

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

Patel's bio includes "She prioritizes highlighting the intersectionality that comes with the environmental justice movement to achieve collective liberation for all oppressed communities."

She puts a general emphasis on the systems the converge to create systems of racism against minority groups, especially with concern to environmental justice, whith the end goal being liberation for all oppressed communities.

This really isn't thay hard to understand she just uses a couple of big college words like Intersectionality which is just where racist systems converge across multiple sectors. It's like talking to a mechanic, what he says makes more sense when you know what Fuel Injection means or whatever. 

Pretty dumb of her to threaten lives, thats basically the only line you can't cross in that regard. 

Edited by RSG3
46 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Controversial Statements:

Viet Pho is better than Japanese Ramen.

This isn't controversial, people say this all the time. The controversial opinion is that Pho is over rated as fuck. I've had it a few times and it's fine. The way people rant about it is insane tho, it's not nearly that good lol. I would rather have Ramen lol. 

Reminds when I had my first In & Out burger and all I could think was "This is it?" 

Edited by RSG3
50 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This isn't controversial, people say this all the time. The controversial opinion is that Pho is over rated as fuck. I've had it a few times and it's fine. The way people rant about it is insane tho, it's not nearly that good lol. I would rather have Ramen lol. 

Reminds when I had my first In & Out burger and all I could think was "This is it?" 

Vietnamese is the one food I absolutely can't get into. Maybe I've just never had the right stuff but I don't understand why people seem to love it so much.