Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 3/30/2024 at 11:14 AM, AriesWarlock said:

This is good to know, actually!!

On 3/30/2024 at 12:28 PM, Lantis said:

Although Coke has proven to be effective in cleaning some stains, I tend to be highly skeptical of videos that have the "magic cleaning swipe" trope

The first good uses I've heard about Coke is cleaning toilets and battery terminals. 

6pb1wfx67IdFaYOBV2eIQQ_48x48.png is in the men's final four and the women's final four!!! If IP6U2GnTURfg4fCK0VjFCg_48x48.png women win tomorrow then both men and women will be in the final four!!!

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Yeah sounds like the Tyson Fury fight not happening for several times. They said May 18th, let's see what happens.

Edited by Jion_Wansu
1 minute ago, Lantis said:

Hey guys how effective are the home pregnancy tests?

Because my wife just took 3 of them and all of them came back positive

So.....yay? Guess I get to be part of the dad's club now 😅

This is an opportunity for you to up your life

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Hey guys how effective are the home pregnancy tests?

Because my wife just took 3 of them and all of them came back positive

So.....yay? Guess I get to be part of the dad's club now 😅

One is random, two is a coincidence, and three is a pattern. 

Congrats sir!

Best parental truth I've been told so far - 

"Children ruin your life in the best way"

Every month it becomes more and more true. I have less time while simultaneously realizing how much time I do have. I can't think of what my world would be without him. 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's why all the zoomer chicks you see in the videos on Twitter expect a dude to make a minimum of $250k to be able to date them.

I don't remember any Disney movie saying he's gotta have a big bank account to be worth your time. 

I don't even think Disney movies really are responsible for that mindset since Disney had pretty slowed down their output of  princess movies within the past few years and if they did they weren't being waited on hand and foot.  We got Princess and the frog from 2009, Tangled from 2010, Brave from 2012,  and then Moana and Frozen within the last decade.  I can't say that any of these movies really held those themes with the closest probably being Tangled maybe but that's stretching it. 

I feel like this mentality is mostly being self fed into it by the older generation  putting out videos on social and the younger generation lapping it up...This feels more Andrew Tateish than anything.  I don't have any concrete evidence to support this aside from anecdotal from what I've seen on my feeds.

8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I don't remember any Disney movie saying he's gotta have a big bank account to be worth your time. 

Nor literally but The princess movies have most of them marry a prince. It's not said out loud buuuut 😂 that's a symptom of the times.  It's just something that wasn't mentioned in the early years. 

It's been a while, but time for  Transformers reveals!

Normally, this happens in mid-Feb, but I guess they had some marketing tie ins to work around...

There is a lot, so I'm doing  3 parts...

Part 1...

Legacy United....

G1 Gears  ($25)

tctGZcw.jpeg

kqbcass.jpeg

Beast Wars Silverbolt  ($35)

transformers-generations-legacy-unitde-b

rwcoxll.jpeg

G1 Sandstorm ($55)

GFs7T_qW4AAEEEs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GFs7T_tXYAIbycV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GKDlmCaaoAA3hRB?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

Nor literally but The princess movies have most of them marry a prince. It's not said out loud buuuut 😂 that's a symptom of the times.  It's just something that wasn't mentioned in the early years. 

Ya but money's never a factor mentioned, the love they have is born of factors outside of wealth and class. That seems like such an incredibly shallow and purposeful misreading of every Disney Princess movie in order to side step being a bad parent and not teaching quality morals and media literacy. 

I dunno man, this is like walking away from Starship Troopers thinking the movie supported fascism lol. 

Part 3 Finale

and for the cherry or rather pizza on top...

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of both franchises.. Hasbro's Robots in Disguise and Eastman's and Laird's radical reptiles are doing a collaboration.

Behold...

Party Wallop!

Release: Sept. 2024

Price: $50

Approx Height:    7 inches 

Notes: The "robot mode" has 4 different sets of weapons and 4 bandana/scalp pieces to simulate the appearance of the 4 classic turtles.

The front hood detaches to become a shield.

2945a0fe-7841-4b28-b504-aa3bb142eb07.jpg

047-005-F9656-05-2000x.jpg

@LantisListen to me, and listen well. The people over here are not equipped to teach you how to be a dad. Understand me well. The way to be a dad has nothing to do with providing and nurturing. Do not do any of that.

Instead, make sure that the house is dead silent and your child is listening to music in their room, and then knock aggressively and enter the room without permission to see what they're up to, and mask it under the pretense that you were gonna call them for dinner.

That is the best way to be a dad and no one here is ready to tell you that. Anything else is your choice, I guess.

Congrats! 🎉

On 3/29/2024 at 8:41 AM, axeman61 said:

It would be hilarious if the Zat "alts" that pop up here and there weren't Zat at all, but just Zat-level stupid. Zat doppelgangers paying for his sins. But the likely truth that it really is him is much more sad.

That'd be funny but I have indisputable proof that it's the same person.

He also had other accounts on here that you guys might have not realized were his.

7 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

@LantisListen to me, and listen well. The people over here are not equipped to teach you how to be a dad. Understand me well. The way to be a dad has nothing to do with providing and nurturing. Do not do any of that.

Instead, make sure that the house is dead silent and your child is listening to music in their room, and then knock aggressively and enter the room without permission to see what they're up to, and mask it under the pretense that you were gonna call them for dinner.

That is the best way to be a dad and no one here is ready to tell you that. Anything else is your choice, I guess.

Congrats! 🎉

Growing up I wasn't allowed to sequester myself in my room with the door closed.  It never really bothered me though.

My bedroom door only got closed at night when it was time for bed.  🤷

32 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I believe we are all ready to accept Chad is a Zata alternate account

But Chad's actually funny...

I've always been able to close my bedroom door, even lock it whenever I wanted. 

I find it weird when parents are distrusting of their children to the point they can't even close doors. That shits super odd and I feel like seeds the bed for trust issues in future relationships. 

Edited by RSG3
56 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Growing up I wasn't allowed to sequester myself in my room with the door closed.  It never really bothered me though.

I was always allowed to keep my door closed. My dad was disciplinarian but he allowed us to have our privacy. That said, when my dad knocked on the door, unless I was sleep my ass dropped what I was doing and opened it right away.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I was always allowed to keep my door closed. My dad was disciplinarian but he allowed us to have our privacy. That said, when my dad knocked on the door, unless I was sleep my ass dropped what I was doing and opened it right away.

Yea if my Dad knocked and I didn't open the door within a reasonable time there better be a good reason, only ones i can think of at the moment are sleeping or jerking off lmao.

I grew up in a trailer, my dad could put his foot through my door without even trying. No need for a key lol. 

Shit I could have kicked my door down without issue and I was like 10 when I got that room lol. 

My parents never really had to do that shit with us tho. Maybe my youngest brother but I didn't live there anymore by that time. 

Edited by RSG3

31 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

MEME MONDAY. Investment edition 

Wow our politicians sure are smart investors! 

Our politicians are ALWAYS insider trading. Of course, IIRC, it's not illegal for them and whenver someone tries to make it that way...the bill mysterious doesn't make it to the floor. Now if we could get this level of bipartisan support for something that would actually help the average American. Meanwhile, Martha Stewart got locked up for $60k. Which, with her wealth, could have been an accounting error.

Edit: For clarification, it wasn't an accounting error. The point I was attempting to make is that amount wouldn't have been noticed by her.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Our politicians are ALWAYS insider trading.

I'm not going to pretend there isn't a lot of illegal shit going on in that crowd, but you'd be surprised how much money they can make just carefully skirting on the legal side of insider trading.

The insider trading laws weren't written by people who didn't want to get rich.

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

My door at home has to be open at all times, and I'm not allowed to speak with an inside voice so that they can hear everything that I'm doing and saying and who I'm talking to. That's why I don't speak much, because I never got in the habit of doing so at home. God bless dorm life, but I go home for weekends and it can be tough having privacy.

Not that I have anything to hide, but it's the thought that'd count, right?

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

But Chad's actually funny...

I've always been able to close my bedroom door, even lock it whenever I wanted. 

I find it weird when parents are distrusting of their children to the point they can't even close doors. That shits super odd and I feel like seeds the bed for trust issues in future relationships. 

Eeeeeeehhh....its going to depend on the child and where there room is in relation to the house.  If they're on a 2nd floor or higher then % chance for shenanigans goes down but if they're on the ground floor and have a penchant for being rebellious and lying?  Nah...I'm saying this as a brother od a sister who I have no doubt had someone sneaking into their room at night on the ground floor.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Eeeeeeehhh....its going to depend on the child and where there room is in relation to the house.  If they're on a 2nd floor or higher then % chance for shenanigans goes down but if they're on the ground floor and have a penchant for being rebellious and lying?  Nah...I'm saying this as a brother od a sister who I have no doubt had someone sneaking into their room at night on the ground floor.

See we where always up front with out parents. Didn't have to sneak people in. 

We did thay shit away from the house. 

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

In my case it wasn't about trust.  It was more about preventing me from becoming a hermit in my room and not interacting with others.  It's the same reason I didn't have a TV in my room.

Then again I also didn't really have anything to hide, so maybe that's why leaving the door open didn't bother me much?  I never really felt like I was lacking privacy.  Bedrooms were on a different floor anyway.  Everyone's different I guess.

37 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

See we where always up front with out parents. Didn't have to sneak people in. 

We did thay shit away from the house. 

I personally never had a problem but I wasn't doing anything shady in my room so if my door was closed I never really got bothered with.  My sister was a whole dif story.  She was constantly eroding any trust my parents could have for her as a teenager.

17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

The implication is that he should sweep you off your feet, he should have lots of resources and money, he should be able to take care of you, etc etc. And for generations, girls have had that kind of programming reinforced by their parents, society, etc, that they DESERVE to be treated like a princess without having to really bring anything to the table. Some of them are disabused of that early on or figure it out by the time they reach their 30s but it still persists I guess.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

The implication is that he should sweep you off your feet, he should have lots of resources and money, he should be able to take care of you, etc etc. And for generations, girls have had that kind of programming reinforced by their parents, society, etc, that they DESERVE to be treated like a princess without having to really bring anything to the table. Some of them are disabused of that early on or figure it out by the time they reach their 30s but it still persists I guess.

What a shallow reading, no wonder everyone's kids grew up to be shallow and self centered they all watched a bunch of movies and somehow walked away with the wrong message lol.