Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

You guys/gals are too much lol. There's probably only guys posting here nowadays though. Remember way back when in the old school SRK days when we did have gals like akumachan and so forth.

Wow we're old now. I'm going to paraphrase Don Frye during his hall of fame speech. If we're middle aged then that means we'll be alive during our 80s, 90s, and 100s. So  yeah, I'm old lol.

Queue a Ron Simmons' DAMNN!!!

ST is 30 years old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo

Super Street Fighter II Turbo[a] is a fighting game released for the arcades by Capcom in Japan on February 23, 1994, in North America on February 23 and March 26, 1994 (beta) and in Europe in March 1994 (beta).

5 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

CvS2 is probably my favorite fighter. 

The "FINEST KO" amped up the finish. 

yeah I always like the Japanese version's FINEST KO!!! as apposed to America's dramatic finish or something. Hell, I even like Finest KO over any version of the Mortal Kombat franchise's Fatality.

And once again, believe that CVS2 is Capcom's true successor to 3rd Strike, the official Street Fighter 4, if you only use the Capcom characters of course.

On 3/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, RSG3 said:

None of that means anything to me. Unless you know about CPUs and GPUs your analogy isn't very helpful, to me anyways 

The actual point was that as time passes tech gets better because it does. It's always does. Yea advancement slows...until a new discovery is made. 

There's room in the world for both of these technologies, the fact dudes holding a tiny motor proves that over time tech gets smaller and more efficient, 20 years ago they would have said that tiny motor with that power output was impossible. 

Well, I'll just TLDR it then. Battery technology is barely improving. It improves at snails pace and those improvements are tied to rare materials.

On 3/24/2024 at 3:35 AM, TheInfernoman said:

This is why I never got why women even liked this movie. It's not even romantic, it's the equivalent of a tinder hook up just set 100 years ago.

Heck Kate Winslet's tits are (as the kids say) mid for crying out loud. 🤣

I have heard the following, someone that's seen the movie can tell me if this is accurate. 

• She gets married after being rescued and has children.
  • Her granddaughter takes care of her.
  • She has a priceless gem from the ship in her possession.
  • She tosses that gem into the ocean were the ship sunk instead of giving it to her granddaughter.
  • She dies and envisions her hook up. Not the husband she was married to for decades or her kids.

If this is true, she's an awful person. Like why is this movie a thing. Is her oldest child even her husband's. 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yea she's thought about the dude she just spent 4 hours telling the crew about lol. She spent her entire life with her actual family, yea she'd probably think of the guy who opened her eyes enough to become the person that has that large family. She basically owes him everything. There wouldn't be those grandkids without him. She'd have married Cal and been miserable her whole life lol. 

It's like we are purposefully trying to have a shitty reading of this movie lol. 

Edited by RSG3

Leo was in his teen hearthrob phase when that movie was out so I assume most of the women pull to that movie was him.  Not going to say the movie wasn't good or anything cause in terms of how it was shot, some of the overall themes and the extensive research that James went through in order to accurately portray how the ship went down was really good.  The funniest thing to come out of the aftermath of that movie was doorgate lol.

LOL let's put it this way, if it wasn't for Jack (Leo), Rose (Kate) would have killed herself by jumping off the ship in that one scene.

Haven't seen that movie in ages but I'm pretty sure old Rose reassured her granddaughter that she loved her grandfather very much

Throwing the jewel off the side of the ship was a bit sus though LOL

yeah my good memories of Titanic was that--- the scenes of some folks bouncing around as the ship was going down. Of course it's one of those things where the girls were trying to tell us "hey that's not funny" but we couldn't pretend the visual wasn't hilarious.

Also--Kate got naked at some point so that was a bonus as she was looking quite tasty back then.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

LOL let's put it this way, if it wasn't for Jack (Leo), Rose (Kate) would have killed herself by jumping off the ship in that one scene.

Haven't seen that movie in ages but I'm pretty sure old Rose reassured her granddaughter that she loved her grandfather very much

Throwing the jewel off the side of the ship was a bit sus though LOL

That jewel was insurance money for if the marriage went south. 100% this.

That bitch knew she was dying on the ship so no need to keep it.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Leo was in his teen hearthrob phase when that movie was out so I assume most of the women pull to that movie was him.  Not going to say the movie wasn't good or anything cause in terms of how it was shot, some of the overall themes and the extensive research that James went through in order to accurately portray how the ship went down was really good.  The funniest thing to come out of the aftermath of that movie was doorgate lol.

The movie made bank because of Leo. I remember the girls in my class talking about how many times they've seen the movie. It was aburd. I am talking 12 to 14 times between the two I heard talking. It's why I remember it all these years later. I was WTF. I've really liked some movies but the most I can remember going to see movie in the theatre is 4 times. As for Cameron, whatever my issues with the dude, a meticulous attention to detail isn't one of them. He's also very smart. He's an engineer. Didn't he design his own submerisble? I think that came up when those people went missing while trying to view the Titanic wreck. He went into incredible detail on why that submerible they went down in was a death trap. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The movie made bank because of Leo. I remember the girls in my class talking about how many times they've seen the movie. It was aburd. I talking 12 to 14 times between the two I heard talking. It's why I remember it all these years later. I was WTF. I've really like some movies but the most I can remember going to see movie in the theatre is 4 times. As for Cameron, whatever my issues with the dude, a meticulous attention to detail isn't one of them. He's also very smart. He's an engineer. Didn't he design his own submerisble? I think that came up when those people went missing while trying to view the Titanic wreck. He went into incredible detail on why that submerible they went down in was a death trap. 

Yeah...When those guys died in the sub, the media went to James and pretty much went through all the steps  on why what they did was reckless and dumb as hell.

On 3/24/2024 at 12:35 AM, TheInfernoman said:

This is why I never got why women even liked this movie. It's not even romantic, it's the equivalent of a tinder hook up just set 100 years ago.

Heck Kate Winslet's tits are (as the kids say) mid for crying out loud. 🤣

You'd be surprised what behavior women are ok with, when Mr tall, handsome and charming is doing it.