Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

21 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Nancy Mace on air crying about being rape shamed but she supports a rapist for president 🤣🤣🤣

That's  fair. I feel like inconsistency is pretty awful where all these people get invertly excused from many of their actions, where regular criminals get incarcarated from the very samething, where the count of offenses of regular offenders in comparsion is a far cry. 

You just feel reluctant to not support these people no matter that they want you to take interest in them, but just let live for you more often and say fuck it.

Edited by Emptyeyes_

That 4-day work week sounded cool at first but I don't like the way some places (like where I work) have implemented it already....by increasing the # of hours on the 4 days.  I suppose it's just unavoidable, really... basically if your weekly total of hours is 37.5, then instead of 7.5 per day....your new schedule is 9.5 hours for 3 days and one day at 9 hours.  That just didn't appeal to me....if I'm going to work a longer day I'd rather it be for the purpose of getting some overtime.  

I was reminiscing again earlier today after playing some games on lunch----about how much MORE game time we have in the kid/teen years of life, especially for portable stuff: ....whenever your parent(s) are driving you around town somewhere = game time.  Church = game time.  At school, and the teacher left the room for a minute or two--> game time.  Lunchbreak = games.  ...and of course THE best day of school... the last day when there's no work to do, and maybe the teacher put a movie on = game time.  Then all summer break = game time.  Some people don't appreciate this until later in life but man... I was living it up and appreciated how great things were as they were happening; usually thinking "why would I ever want to grow up?  This is too much fun!"  ---though I did look forward to adulthood because of the money... I accurately predicted that I'd be basically the same, and still having fun with gaming and all that... except with a regular income to afford all the cool stuff I want.

On 3/18/2024 at 5:47 PM, AriesWarlock said:

That ain't too bad. Wait until she's old enough and talks to you like this

Damn. Jerry was really feeling himself too lol. Imagine being active in your child's life and they still see you as and let you know you ain't sh1t. Despite your best efforts. Brutal.

11 hours ago, Saikyotic said:

RIP Brolylegs

rip brolz.

if yall didnt know he would sometimes post on srk. including to help fellow handicapped gamers.

i remember he came to the juri thread once to help this handicapped juri player out, he was tryin to main juri, tryin to figure out a way to button configure his controller to deal with juri's negative edging while handicapped regarding his hands. i called broly into the thread with a @ and he appeared n started working with the guy to help his button configs.

point is.

guy was an incredible SF warrior, and general good dude.

*40oz pour*

and lastly

the legend is forever. it'll never die.

Edited by VirginDefiler
On 3/19/2024 at 12:55 PM, Reticently said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but:

If you leave your AirDrop on all the time, especially out in public places where a lot of people are gathered, you deserve to get hit with dick pics. Especially since you have to hit Accept for the file to come through and why would you do that when a stranger is sending you something in that situation?

On 3/19/2024 at 9:56 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

This interview was absurd. Her replies were ridiculous. "You're shaming a rape victim..." Then she precedes to disparage E. Jean Carroll in the next sentence. Her explanation is "it's only a civil case". Yet there was no charges brought in her case. She's literally contorting herself into a pretzel to avoid answering the man's question. She, not he, should be ashamed of herself. 

As for Trump, he's wasting money he doesn't apparently have. He was convicted in court. If he's won his case against Carroll, it would be a different story. However he didn't.

All she had to say was, "Gee I don't know George, why don't you tell me considering you spent 4+ years working for a guy who has had loads (lol) of rape and sexual harassment accusations against him from his college days all the way up past his time in the White House. And that's not even counting his escapades on Epstein's island." Talk about no self awareness on Stephanopoulos' part especially considering he worked on Clinton's '92 campaign, and considering how much vetting goes on, there's zero chance he didn't know how much of a scumbag Clinton was in this department before he helped get him elected.

And what she said about E. Jean Carroll was fair. A rape victim bragging about what they're going to spend their settlement money on is low class and gives detractors ammunition to make other victims look bad. Carroll is absolutely insane though so I guess her saying that tracks.

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

All she had to say was, "Gee I don't know George, why don't you tell me considering you spent 4+ years working for a guy who has had loads (lol) of rape and sexual harassment accusations against him from his college days all the way up past his time in the White House. And that's not even counting his escapades on Epstein's island." Talk about no self awareness on Stephanopoulos' part especially considering he worked on Clinton's '92 campaign, and considering how much vetting goes on, there's zero chance he didn't know how much of a scumbag Clinton was in this department before he helped get him elected.

And what she said about E. Jean Carroll was fair. A rape victim bragging about what they're going to spend their settlement money on is low class and gives detractors ammunition to make other victims look bad. Carroll is absolutely insane though so I guess her saying that tracks.

That's the thing that got me. She had a lay up answer for George and she didn't take it.  George literally ran cover for Clinton's escapades. She can say what she wants about E. Jean Carroll but to go on about not shaming her, and then going after wasn't not a good luck in the slightest. She undermined her own position with her answers. It was like watching a witness from Matlock or Perry Mason sink their own case. 

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's the thing that got me. She had a lay up answer for George and she didn't take it.  George literally ran cover for Clinton's escapades. She can say what she wants about E. Jean Carroll but to go on about not shaming her, and then going after wasn't not a good luck in the slightest. She undermined her own position with her answers. It was like watching a witness from Matlock or Perry Mason sink their own case. 

She, like a lot of people these days I guess, probably doesn't remember a lot of what Clinton got up to in that respect and just the sheer number of women that accused him of rape or harassment. So yeah, it should have been a layup, but for some reason she didn't take it.

Some very old slang that always made me laugh when I heard it---- "Don't get fresh with me, sister!"  That's real old stuff, like it would be from the black&white era shows....forgot where I heard it; probably just a Looney Tunes episode from Daffy....oh yeah and one episode of Jack Benny I remember him telling the annoying waiter "ok now you're being too fresh!" (*the annoying waiter is of course the greatest trolling character in the history of television--- Frank Nelson; that guy that would show up everywhere to troll Jack, usually saying his signature "yyyyyyEEEEEeessssssss?????" and Jack is like "oh no not THIS guy again...")

Also---that thing they do from the days of dueling with pistols... where you see one take off a glove and slap the other dude with it... something about that just got me every time... like it's an extra little bit of disrespect because you're using a glove instead of your hand to slap the person...as if to say you're not even worthy of receiving the slap directly from my hand.  It would be hilarious if someone actually did that these days right before getting into a fight.

Edited by MillionX

Third Strike is back at EVO! And wow EVO has really gone Hollywood now. Chipotle sponsorship, high budget promo vids and sh1t. Came along way from The Daigo parry where it was just a small crowd watching Justin and Daigo making history. Playing on a small TV. It's pretty amazing 

Also the hype and nostalgia from hearing my guy Yipes commentating Street Fighter 6 EVO. 

Edited by BB_Hoody

ooooh I just love it when the ladies constantly tell on themselves and look like fools with zero effort on our part:

...so I guess she was in a hurry to get back to career-criminal Deebo that slaps her around every now and again.

One of the funny things is that even when they admit it on video like this, you know there will always be someone doing all kinds of mental gymnastics to re-frame this as being that guy's fault somehow, like "eh, maybe he was abusive behind the scenes" or "wellllll he was probably not doing  x, y and z obviously so THAT's why blahblah" because there's always an explanation that people desperately hunt for to make sure women don't ever look bad or "at fault" for 5 fucking seconds.

Edited by MillionX

Oh god...I thought for a moment that they wouldn't do it again after what went on after McCarthy but I don't know why I overestimated MTG's thought process.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-officially-launches-motion-to-vacate-revolt-against-speaker-mike-johnson

Brace Yourself Episode 2 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

This really was a dumb rule that they implemented where any one rep can send this up and throw the house into chaos on a whim.

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Technology get smaller with time and that includes batteries 👍

Batteries are actually the issue, despite the tremendous amounts of money spend on R&D battery technology really isn't improving that much. Their are incremental improvements but not any major jumps. It's the boat anchor of sorts. The best analogy I can think of is Cache on CPUs and GPUs. They aren't getting smaller with die shrinks anymore. It's part of the reason, AMD has cache on it's own separate 6nm dies on it's latest GPUs, while everything else is on a 5nm die.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Batteries are actually the issue, despite the tremendous amounts of money spend on R&D battery technology really isn't improving that much. Their are incremental improvements but not any major jumps. It's the boat anchor of sorts. The best analogy I can think of is Cache on CPUs and GPUs. They aren't getting smaller with die shrinks anymore. It's part of the reason, AMD has cache on it's own separate 6nm dies on it's latest GPUs, while everything else is on a 5nm die.

None of that means anything to me. Unless you know about CPUs and GPUs your analogy isn't very helpful, to me anyways 

The actual point was that as time passes tech gets better because it does. It's always does. Yea advancement slows...until a new discovery is made. 

There's room in the world for both of these technologies, the fact dudes holding a tiny motor proves that over time tech gets smaller and more efficient, 20 years ago they would have said that tiny motor with that power output was impossible. 

Edited by RSG3

The "squatter's rights" has always been some of the most nonsensical bullshyte I've ever heard.... check this out

I just looked it up---fortunately the great state of Tennessee doesn't have this kind of nonsense squatter "rights".  We have the shame of Memphis being part of the state, BUT at least this state isn't completely retarded like NY on this particular.

🤣 what a dumb fucking state... wowwwww, man....goddamn

Edited by MillionX