Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

How expensive is living in rural Tennessee?

It depends on where in "rural TN" she's talking about. The influx of people from other states has raised prices but it's still cheaper than a lot of other places.

A lot of her problems sound like college town problems. Everything is always more expensive in a college town than surrounding areas no matter where it is and employers have an endless stream of potential employees so they will just hire people for the bare minimum of hours of they can.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

They reject lots of financial aid regularly. 

Do you mean like federal aid?

33 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It depends on where in "rural TN" she's talking about. The influx of people from other states has raised prices but it's still cheaper than a lot of other places.

Oh yeah. A little bit after the pandemic I saw an influx of people from out of state in Miami; people from Boston, New York, California, looking to buy a house. Prices went up dramatically for months.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's pretty bad, not top 10 but Tennesee is one of the poorer states. They reject lots of financial aid regularly. 

We won't be poor much longer, TN is the fastest growing state in the US. We are getting an influx of "leftugees" from CA and NY.  There was a new apartment complex go in not too far from me and the owner said that every single apartment was bought out by someone from NY. 

18 minutes ago, Red Rock Candy said:

We won't be poor much longer, TN is the fastest growing state in the US. We are getting an influx of "leftugees" from CA and NY.  There was a new apartment complex go in not too far from me and the owner said that every single apartment was bought out by someone from NY. 

That doesn't sound very good for you. 

Cali  NY hasn't seen that big a Flux in population either lol. 

I hope things improve for Tennesee tho. 

39 minutes ago, Red Rock Candy said:

What part of the state are you in? Around Nashville?

No one should actually claim this mentality. Regardless if you are male or female unhoused, people that are in the chronic context of homelessness especially, whether or not they are off the streets finally, the best you will likely toughen up the most on is your misanthropy through that outcome.

Generally, why you should be loved and not neglected on that way. 

It's funny to see the new generation of pranksters that apparently didn't get the memo....that "pranks" on video were/are supposed to be FAKE.  You're not supposed to do the shit for real, or else yeah... you tend to find out "the hard way" pretty fast.

On another note---"first world problems"--- there's so much more entertainment stuff in the world today that it's actually a bit too much to ever get caught up on.  The list of cool stuff I'm behind on in terms of shows (Mayfair Witches, Ninja Kamui, etc.), movies and especially games (e.g. Helldivers, Granblue Fantasy, Banishers, etc.) is crazy at this point....games much more than anything else, since that particular kind of entertainment is such an insane time-sink; 1 great game you enjoy with a lot of replay value can amount to hundreds or even thousands of hours of good times....just 1 game....and of course, imagine how many games have existed since the industry became a thing....and how many games are in development currently.  It's impossible to keep up, really.  ...and I just listed the classic, "major" forms of entertainment---then there's also the new kid on the block----the internet (mainly youtube; the "tv" with billions of channels; content of just about anything you can think of endlessly going...haha I currently have 5 youtube tabs and one live-stream going on right now as I made this post.)

...randomly that's another reason it's odd and silly to me that when the topic of immortality comes up, the usual response from most people is sadly that they'd get "bored"....haha get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.  There's barely enough time in life now to enjoy even a fraction of all the cool entertainment-related stuff out there that is continually being produced every day.....especially with this unfortunate human need for sleep taking up so much of our damn time in life.

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, MillionX said:

It's funny to see the new generation of pranksters that apparently didn't get the memo....that "pranks" on video were/are supposed to be FAKE.  You're not supposed to do the shit for real, or else yeah... you tend to find out "the hard way" pretty fast.

There's an annoying prankster that has a bodyguard step in when people try to get in his face. I hope to see someone finally giving him a well deserved punch to the face.

Edited by AriesWarlock
26 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Ok, but if they pee on the fire hydrant won't that splash everywhere?

If they are going to act like an animal they might as well smell like one. But I don't think this goes far enough. The general admission area must also be lined with newspaper.

i wish megashock could embed nstagram posts like it use to when we first got here n megshock first when up.

why cant it again @misterBeewhat was the explanation again?

cuz this anime statue may just be the most amazing shit ive everseen. he actually made it look like hes somehow someway hold a actual frame of 2D animation and somehow gave the animation cell 3D life.

shits incredible!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C16GW6lLpbd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ckh4JHSAxHt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

this wouldve looked so good embedded here.

9 minutes ago, Lantis said:

The first Spiderverse already won an Oscar. Can't have Spidey hogging all the awards LOL

IF (and I mean IF) it's better, then that shouldn't matter. ATSV was near perfect.

But at least this isn't as big a "WTF" upset as Jamie Lee Curtis winning best supporting actress last year for Everything Everywhere All at Once.

56 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

For real; if it wasn't going to go to Angela Bassett, then Stephanie was the easy second choice. Compared to her, Jamie Lee shouldn't have even been in the running.

Sad thing is. . . Stephanie wasn't in the running.

49 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Sometimes the Academy likes to reward people for an entire career ,rather than a specific performance.

I don't agree with that personally,but c'est la vie.

That's what Lifetime Achievement Awards are for. Everyone knew why they did it, but it was Grade S+ fuquery.