Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Is this where people whine about wanting a faithful adaptation of Red Sonya even tho the Red Sonya everyone know is really nothing like the actual original Red Sonya and has way more in common with Valeria or Belit? 

I'm just wondering how mad I'm supposed to be.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Is this where people whine about wanting a faithful adaptation of Red Sonya even tho the Red Sonya everyone know is really nothing like the actual original Red Sonya and has way more in common with Valeria or Belit? 

I'm just wondering how mad I'm supposed to be.

I think people wanted at the least the Dynamite version of the character. That was the basis for this new attempt at making a Red Sonja film.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

🤣 Jesus Christ, I'm just now catching up to Andrew Tate getting arrested because he told a streamer he was going to leave Romania forever, where he was getting prosecuted. That streamer (Adin Ross) told everyone on his stream. Both these people are so fucking stupid.

How many times this dude gets himself owned?
Where is Greta Thunberg to roast him again?

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Laughing manically at MS doing this....

TmMPDh.gif

MS been laugh factory for me as of late.
They cry about exclusivity is hurting gaming yet went on a spending spree on collecting studios ( just to hallow out) with nothing to show.
Starfeild was a disappointment, an hour and a half and I got so bored I almost fell asleep, how did you make fighting Space Pirates Boring?

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This reminds me of the  idiots that got mad at Capcom when Chris and Sheva were shooting nothing but black zombies in a game....based in Africa 🤪

Bro, you just manifested the idiots of IGN doing this article with this post

And of course the fucking cowards blocked anyone from replying them on this tweet.

A retarded take the whole article, I tell you.

Transformers Greatest Moments (Toys):

G1 Predaking (1986)

As a little kid during G1, I always wanted one of the combiners. Somehow, I ended up having 1-2 members of 1 group but never the full set.

(Brawl and Swindle of Combaticons, Dead end of Stunticons, etc) The closest I got was 3 parts of Computron.

In 2013, Hasbro put out a Predaking boxset for $120, but I was able to get it for $50.

This set replaces the yellow with gold from a 2010 Japan release and throws in an extra sword for the big guy himself.

Predaking is awesome bc of the following:

-11 inches tall. He is the tallest of the US G1 combiners!  He towers over Devastator, Defensor, Superion, Bruticus, Computron et al.

-First animal combiner!

- Despite all 5 being roughly the same size, it looks good combined (whereas the central torso was bigger than the limbs in most others)

--His hulking muscular proportions (His modern 2018 POTP version is very lean and lithe)

--His hands have spikes molded in and his toes have double-barrelled guns molded in!

--Razorclaw's gun transforms into his gun. A small but nice touch

--Rotating/flexing forearms in combined mode

81rDDXwXrkL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

r_predaking069.jpg

Edited by DangerousJ
10 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Bro, you just manifested the idiots of IGN doing this article with this post

And of course the fucking cowards blocked anyone from replying them on this tweet.

A retarded take the whole article, I tell you.

Honestly, I would argue it can't be remade because it's "eh". Wesker is the only real highlight to me. RE5 is really just a pale imitator of RE4. That feels weird to say, because how do you NOT try to imitate RE4 with its success? But 5 didn't do enough for me to make it stand out from what I remember. Maybe I need to re-play it.

If they do an RE5 Remake, maybe they'll prove me wrong. I thought they couldn't do an RE4 remake, but for a different reason (RE4 is a classic). That became one of my favorite games last year.

Edited by axeman61
22 hours ago, Hecatom said:

IMG_20240313_114800.jpg?ex=66045bef&is=6

So I actually found the article and read it to give it the slightest benefit of the doubt and actually came away curious.  Apparently historically there were a small amount of black people in Japan around this timeframe in one capacity or another.  Enough to raise a whole stink about it?  Arguable especially since in most of the capcity that black people were there it wouldn't have been a major focus or anything.  Would it be interestinf if they did have them with some of the Europeans as emmisaries and ship workers?  Yeah that would be cool but I'm not that broken up about it.  One quote from the article really got my attention was this one.

Historian John G. Russell wrote a paper, “Excluded Presence: Shoguns, Minstrels, Bodyguards, and Japan’s Encounters with the Black Other.” He documented the arrival of Black people in Japan in several capacities and that some Black people even owned Japanese servants and enslaved people.

Did not know this...might have to further fact check that but its interesting non the less.