Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

This is so fucked.  I"m glad most cops are required to wear camera's now because what in the actual fuck.

Was this cop hopping the footage would get scrubbed?  I don't know what the thought process here was.

I hate these videos because there's always so much context left out. Dude didn't do himself any favors driving on a suspended license and refusing a (voluntary lol, they need to stop acting like these are actually a choice) sobriety test, but I'm curious about when she said he had a mixed drink in the console. Wondering if that was true or bullshit. Either way, they got the guy on the suspended license and probably figured they could upcharge him to DUI and make better stats. This type of shit doesn't help anyone though.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I hate these videos because there's always so much context left out. Dude didn't do himself any favors driving on a suspended license and refusing a (voluntary lol, they need to stop acting like these are actually a choice) sobriety test, but I'm curious about when she said he had a mixed drink in the console. Wondering if that was true or bullshit. Either way, they got the guy on the suspended license and probably figured they could upcharge him to DUI and make better stats. This type of shit doesn't help anyone though.

Not sure what context was missed. It's honestly one of the more straightforward videos. Regardless of whether he was drunk, she lied on the report, stating that Riley had another open container when she was the person who created it. 

She did not do herself any favors by opening a sealed container and then placing it back in the car and then stating that it was open ON VIDEO.

I haven't had any success finding the full traffic stop, but here is Officer Oliver's full deposition on the matter at hand. 

An abbreviated version of the deposition showing that Officer Oliver stating "she didn't remember" multiple times during the deposition

It'll likely fall into the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fruit_of_the_poisonous_tree

Edited by OPTIMUS124
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

They probably ruined their chance to charge him with the suspended license when they tried to frame him for DUI. Not only does this not help, it's actively hurts both parties. He has to dealmwith trumped up charges instead of actual charges, and now I have another reason to deny police entry to my anything because they can't be trusted, yoy can literally hear her break the seal on the bottle then put it back in the car and charge him for open container. 

She ruined the charge he may have actually committed, and with any luck, her job. 

Edited by RSG3
48 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

They probably ruined their chance to charge him with the suspended license when they tried to frame him for DUI. Not only does this not help, it's actively hurts both parties. He has to dealmwith trumped up charges instead of actual charges, and now I have another reason to deny police entry to my anything because they can't be trusted, yoy can literally hear her break the seal on the bottle then put it back in the car and charge him for open container. 

She ruined the charge he may have actually committed, and with any luck, her job. 

He may still get charged for the suspension . . . but everything else. . . .

200.gif?cid=0258f2000sk94y4w2luexfquzyst

There is a new scam going on about fake law firms created from AI generated info and images, from websites to lawyer biographies. They send DMCA claims that threaten to sue unless you pay immediately.

Chief among them is that Commonwealth Legal, a firm theoretically based in Arizona (which is not a commonwealth), almost certainly does not exist. Despite the 2018 copyright displayed on the site, the firm's website domain was seemingly registered on March 1, 2024, with a Canadian IP location. The address on the firm's site leads to a location that, to say the least, does not match the "fourth floor" indicated on the website.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/04/fake-ai-law-firms-are-sending-fake-dmca-threats-to-generate-fake-seo-gains/

7 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Not sure what context was missed. It's honestly one of the more straightforward videos. Regardless of whether he was drunk, she lied on the report, stating that Riley had another open container when she was the person who created it. 

She did not do herself any favors by opening a sealed container and then placing it back in the car and then stating that it was open ON VIDEO.

I haven't had any success finding the full traffic stop, but here is Officer Oliver's full deposition on the matter at hand. 

An abbreviated version of the deposition showing that Officer Oliver stating "she didn't remember" multiple times during the deposit

t'll likely fall into the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fruit_of_the_poisonous_tree

The context of how he was driving, if he was weaving all over the road, and what made them stop him.

Did he actually have a mixed drink in the console or was that bullshit?

Was he actually drunk while driving or did he refuse the field test just because? How do cops prove someone is drunk if the suspect doesn't handle themselves super sloppily and refuses a field test?

I can't say she did the right thing but it's hard to have sympathy for this guy either. It's possible booze is the reason he's got a suspended license.

7 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The context of how he was driving, if he was weaving all over the road, and what made them stop him.

No one has sympathy for him in that sense. He was properly stopped. With proper suspicion of a DUI, all that was needed was a breathalyzer (since he wasn't committing to a FST) and document that for the record. I don't see anything stating his BAC in the transcript of the deposition nor the report. 

Did he actually have a mixed drink in the console or was that bullshit?

It's certainly plausible, but again, why not dump that out too. If that was the case, why open a container and plant it in the car?

Was he actually drunk while driving or did he refuse the field test just because? How do cops prove someone is drunk if the suspect doesn't handle themselves super sloppily and refuses a field test?

Refusing the test just because is his right. You could be sober as a nun and refuse the test. The real question is why didn't they get his BAC if he smelled like alcohol. Speaking from my experience working in roadway safety, when arrested, as part of the booking process, the BAC is recorded at the time. There is often a breathalyzer available in the field or at the precinct. 

I can't say she did the right thing but it's hard to have sympathy for this guy either. It's possible booze is the reason he's got a suspended license.

She didn't. Again I won't say he deserves sympathy for the stop. He was driving suspended. However, if an officer who upholds the law plants evidence to support their position ON VIDEO, there is something to be had for obstructing the process. Him having a suspended license has nothing to do with the matter at hand. 

and then the department did something brilliant . . . they made a post about this on Twitter stating they didn't see any wrongdoing. 

They are creating settlement fodder. 

Damn Israel already threw a few soldiers under the bus for their "accidental" killing of the WCK aid workers. All it took was actual threats of consequence from Western allies for this to happen. 34,000 dead Palestinian civlilans? Crickets. 6* Dead Foreign Aid workers from NATO allies? Actual threats of policy change and threats of aid with conditions. Once again proving it's not how many you kill but who you kill. That said, I have NEVER seen the disparity be this high.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-68738452?src_origin=BBCS_BBC

*7 people were killed does anyone actually believe Israel cares about a dead Palestinian? 

So I saw the mentions of "$100 for lunch" making the rounds lately on certain youtube channels

I'm wondering...  100 for lunch being a regular thing?  Maybe I'm just too much of a cheapskate for that; it seems silly, imo.  It's already crazy that little ol' "Chic-Fil-A" combos are now > 10 bucks these days.... (that grilled chicken sandwich combo, which is my favorite there, is 11 bucks and change)

...also who are the dumbass suckers that are willing to send 100 to a woman for her lunch... despite apparently not even being "with" her? (presumably not married to her)  ....not even getting anything out of it, most of the time, since they have zero obligations (so of course a lot of them are happy to take advantage of the situation for as long as possible in life)

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

So I saw the mentions of "$100 for lunch" making the rounds lately on certain youtube channels

I'm wondering...  100 for lunch being a regular thing?  Maybe I'm just too much of a cheapskate for that; it seems silly, imo.  It's already crazy that little ol' "Chic-Fil-A" combos are now > 10 bucks these days.... (that grilled chicken sandwich combo, which is my favorite there, is 11 bucks and change)

...also who are the dumbass suckers that are willing to send 100 to a woman for her lunch... despite apparently not even being "with" her? (presumably not married to her)  ....not even getting anything out of it, most of the time, since they have zero obligations (so of course a lot of them are happy to take advantage of the situation for as long as possible in life)

Look dude, some women just want to die alone. 

Edited by RSG3
On 4/4/2024 at 9:23 AM, AriesWarlock said:

I'm sorry, I cannot help but emphasize and overemphasize how unbelievably easy it is to both avoid losing control and saving it once you've lost control. This is terrible driving.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Man what the heck is this? How does anyone fail with this grading scale?

You can thank bad parenting and No Child Left Behind.

You know all those policies about grading schools and shutting them down? All it leads to is school districts bending over backwards to show passing grades.  They keep blaming teachers even though they have fuck all to do with any of this.