Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Has anyone else heard this song? It popped up in recommended videos. I watched it and couldn't stop laughing. I know it's gonna have some people heated. 😂

Yo, he did a completely different version in Spanish. I really wish our educational system actually knew how to teach second languages. All that Spanish I took and I remember virtually none of it. 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
15 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

its crazy that homelessness is a business. just like jail.

The people "solving" the problem are making boatloads of money, so there's less incentive to actually solve it. It's like all these endless "wars." There's less incentive to try to find a peaceful solution when defense companies stand to make billions from them.

7 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Speaking of chess lol

EDIT:

Went down the youtube rabbit hole. This shit's wild:

Alex Botez was the first person I ever heard called a "chess entertainer." She and her sister are definitely entertaining and both their chesscom bots beat me handily so I have nothing to say lol

Edited by DoctaMario
10 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The people "solving" the problem are making boatloads of money, so there's less incentive to actually solve it. It's like all these endless "wars." There's less incentive to try to find a peaceful solution when defense companies stand to make billions from them.

Alex Botez was the first person I ever heard called a "chess entertainer." She and her sister are definitely entertaining and both their chesscom bots beat me handily so I have nothing to say lol

Speaking of which. Youngest ever to compete for world champion just won the candidates!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2024

World Chess Championship 2024

Defending champion
Challenger
  133px-Ding_Liren_in_2023_%2852638329254%29.jpg 133px-Dommaraju_Gukesh_in_2023.jpg
  China Ding Liren India Gukesh D
  Born 24 October 1992
31 years old
Born 29 May 2006
17 years old
  Winner of the World Chess Championship 2023 Winner of the Candidates Tournament 2024

In April, Gukesh won the 2024 Candidates Tournament, qualifying for the 2024 World Championship match against Ding Liren. He was the youngest ever Candidates winner, and will be the youngest player to play in a World Chess Championship match.[1] He was not one of the favourites, with former World Champion Magnus Carlsen placing him as equal sixth out of eight in his predictions.[23]

9 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Speaking of which. Youngest ever to compete for world champion just won the candidates!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2024

World Chess Championship 2024

Defending champion
Challenger
  133px-Ding_Liren_in_2023_%2852638329254%29.jpg 133px-Dommaraju_Gukesh_in_2023.jpg
  China Ding Liren India Gukesh D
  Born 24 October 1992
31 years old
Born 29 May 2006
17 years old
  Winner of the World Chess Championship 2023 Winner of the Candidates Tournament 2024

Glad to see Ding competing again. I thought he was considering retirement at one point

Transformers' Greatest Moments:

"Code of Hero" (1998)  

Dinobot sacrifices his life to destroy the Golden Disk, foiling BW Megatron's plan to destroy humanity.

Note: "The rest is silence" is  taken from William Shakespeare's Hamlet. 

It is Hamlet's last words to his friend Horatio as he dies

Edited by DangerousJ