Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I just watched this update on Book Bans by Trevor Noah and they had a librarian who had to shroud her face in an interview.  I had to check to make sure the interview was real just to see if we've really gotten to this point in the idiocy.   Also CNN did a pretty shit job of shrouding this lady so hopefully they don't really come for her.

Edited by Sonichuman

I’ve been having a Really hard time sleeping lately. I finally slept it until 11:30. Feels good. I’m still crazy exhausted and I honestly feel like I could sleep all day. That said I think I’ll just read have a really chill day of putting on some music and reading comics then go to bed early since I open at work tomorrow. 

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I just watched this update on Book Bans by Trevor Noah and they had a librarian who had to shroud her face in an interview.  I had to check to make sure the interview was real just to see if we've really gotten to this point in the idiocy.   Also CNN is did a pretty shit job of shrouding this lady so hopefully they don't really come for her.

I could MAYBE understand taking a book out of a grade school age library if it had age inappropriate stuff in it, BUUUUUT most of these banned books are pretty tame and don't have anything worse in them than kids are going to see on network TV.  Hell kids were hooking up when I was in middle school and we had parents complaining about that kind of thing even being hinted at in our high school books.  It really didn't make sense to me then, because we had a ton of teen moms in my HS and the hoes getting knocked up were clearly not reading all that much.  😆

Edited by J-ride
2 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Landed in Boston today. I was waiting to claim my baggage and some lady yelling and screaming in the airport "I want an American flight, not a foreign one."

She was in the terminal with Air Canada lol.

That reminds me hen I was in college, a professor was telling us how once he was in Switzerland, I think, at a postal office to send a package and there was an American woman making a big fuss about the speed of delivery to the clerk. "In America this would arrive in 2 days". He said he wanted to vanish 😬

Oh, I most certainly have room to complain, opening ppl's packages is a violation of privacy, not to mention a felony.

I just won't file a report since my stuff is still there. I actually need these things now and can't wait so filing a claim means I'd probably have to send it back and all that jazz for a through investigation 

Edited by HD-Man
29 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

That reminds me hen I was in college, a professor was telling us how once he was in Switzerland, I think, at a postal office to send a package and there was an American woman making a big fuss about the speed of delivery to the clerk. "In America this would arrive in 2 days". He said he wanted to vanish 😬

The American entitlement overseas is really funny to watch.

It's a common practice for Canadians to wear a leaf on their backpack or jacket in hopes of not being labeled an American. (Btw, I find it mad corny but do what you please) I was in France and ran into someone wearing one of those leafs and I was looking for directions since my Canadian French was not really helping me.

So I ask for directions and whatever they help me out a bit. I ask where they are from.

"Oh you know, right downtown."

"I'm sorry, where?"

"Toronto, right next to the skydome."

They knew I knew they weren't Canadian but most likely Americans who were expecting to get shit from the locals. I laughed and was on my way.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Oh, I most certainly have room to complain, opening ppl's packages is a violation of privacy, not to mention a felony.

I just won't file a report since my stuff is still there. I actually need these things now and can't wait so filing a claim means I'd probably have to send it back and all that jazz for a through investigation 

Do you ,live in a black neighborhood or near one? if so take it in a positive perspective, an open package with the shit being ignored means your neighborhood is slowly improving. In some low income places in NYC, where the black demographic is the majority, your package would have gotten stolen no matter what was inside of it. Some would wait for you to get your package and then mug you at your own house, not only would you be threatened to give them your mail but your wallet, shoes, and phone too, whats worse If you call the cops, you and them will be labeled as racist. 

10 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Do you ,live in a black neighborhood or near one? if so take it in a positive perspective, an open package with the shit being ignored means your neighborhood is slowly improving. In some low income places in NYC, where the black demographic is the majority, your package would have gotten stolen no matter what was inside of it. Some would wait for you to get your package and then mug you at your own house, not only would you be threatened to give them your mail but your wallet, shoes, and phone too, whats worse If you call the cops, you and them will be labeled as racist. 

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Barely anyone else watched this show, Hemlock Grove; I'm the only one that remembers it at this point...  but damn that werewolf transformation was so cool... and awesomely disgusting:

It's takes a while though.... also I've always found the upright human/wolf hybrid forms to be overall more cool and "suitable for battle"....or a regular wolf form that happens to be significantly larger than normal.

This show also had the bonus of the lovely Famke Jansen, who could definitely get pounced without question.

53 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

bullshit GIF

Damn, I know this is random but I'll never hear "Dear Mama" the same way. Tupac's mom lied to him about his father. She knew who his real dad was and let him think his father was dead. That's fucked up. He didn't find out who his real dad was until he was shot the first time. Security wouldn't let dude in and his mom came out and said "That's father, let him in." Dafuq man.....paternity tests need to be mandatory. 

49 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn, I know this is random but I'll never hear "Dear Mama" the same way. Tupac's mom lied to him about his father. She knew who his real dad was and let him think his father was dead. That's fucked up. He didn't find out who his real dad was until he was shot the first time. Security wouldn't let dude in and his mom came out and said "That's father, let him in." Dafuq man.....paternity tests need to be mandatory. 

Before I assume, maybe the father was a deadbeat or abusive. If not, then that's pretty fucked up. Cuz if he was actually a willing father, Tupac may have turned out differently and lived a full life with that strong male guidance in his life 

7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Before I assume, maybe the father was a deadbeat or abusive. If not, then that's pretty fucked up. Cuz if he was actually a willing father, Tupac may have turned out differently and lived a full life with that strong male guidance in his life 

I can't say for certain, I wasn't there obviously. On the surface though, it looks really bad. The guy she said was his father was drug dealer, the guy that's actually his father was a member of the Black Panther Party.

43 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

I'm also black, we never road horses.

One third of Cowboys were black, the term "Cowboy" was originally a derogatory term specific to black people. WTF are you talking about.

Edit: Maybe if you kept your mind off of people's penises and in a book you'd know that. 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

I don't get what this image is supposed to mean.

I'm also black, we never road horses.

Confused Whats Going On GIF

57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

One third of Cowboys were black, the term "Cowboy" was originally a derogatory term specific to black people. WTF are you talking about.

Edit: Maybe if you kept your mind off of people's penises and in a book you'd know that. 👀

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/lesser-known-history-african-american-cowboys-180962144/

This is a teachable moment for our "brother". 

21 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Rare pic of Zatalcon...

Krondon.jpg

If it's one thing that I'm gonna miss the most about Black Lighting is this actor playing this character.  I thought the show had chunk of problems especially in the fight choreography department but Tobias was a standout entertaining character throughout the entirety of the show. This man's self hate game and racist insults were hilarious and on point lol

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Zata is black? I assumed he was an out of touch,  white dude. He's actually Samuel L Jackson from Django. What a twist 😳

I am black, and say what i say because I'm fed up. You know how hard it is to move to a new location? You go to google, type in some apartments below $1500, and everything that has a cheap price and looks good is apparently in a bad neighborhood and when you research the demographic in that neighborhood its always black. The neighborhood is known for shootings, car theft, break ins, gang fights, etc.. Why? IDK who to blame, should I blame rap music or should i blame leftists who bullshit the whole race card special treatment? 

I also don't like ugly people.

Srk used to have the lounge thread in which a poster would occasionally post a pic of themselves and it just ruined my day to accidentally see some ugly fat guy on my screen. That was the reason why there where days where I was just pissed off. 

I don't like being told to DL a dating app and see a bunch of fat girls on there, why can't these dating apps have a feature that tells the person they are too ugly and fat to use the app? 

Edited by zatalcon3
2 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Srk used to have the lounge thread in which a poster would occasionally post a pic of themselves and it just ruined my day to accidentally see some ugly fat guy on my screen. That was the reason why there where days where I was just pissed off. 

Why do I keep clicking on this bullshit?

Quitting strive for a month was a terrible decision.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'm rolling with deadbeat:

https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-tupaclegacy10dec1097-story.html

TL;DR: Tupac's dad visited him and got to know him more when he got shot, yes, but was apparently absent for most of Tupac's life. Also, he tried to get half of Tupac's estate after his death. Of course, it's possible that he wanted to be there more but Tupac's mom blocked him. But I'm leaning towards him being a deadbeat who showed back up when his son got famous.