Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

13 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

That Will Smith/Chris Rock thing was staged. Shit was all for ratings.

Explain to me how an event know one knew about before hand would boost the ratings for the show. I'm at my job and everyone here knew about the slap this morning and none of us watched the Oscars.  There are two black people, myself included, and one Puerto Rican at my office. Everyone else is white. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Explain to me how an event know one knew about before hand would boost the ratings for the show. I'm at my job and everyone here knew about the slap this morning and none of us watched the Oscars.  There are two black people, myself included, and one Puerto Rican at my office. Everyone else is white. 

No one watches the oscars but now everyone one is talking about it. They are getting mad tv and press off this shit,  that was fake as fuck. 

51 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

No one watches the oscars but now everyone one is talking about it. They are getting mad tv and press off this shit,  that was fake as fuck. 

TV Shows make money off ad revenue. They can't make money if no one watched the show. Your line of thinking makes zero sense. This is not the UFC, Boxing, or pro wrestling where a physical altercation can be used to monetized a future event. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Explain to me how and event know one knew about before hand would boost the ratings for the show. I'm at my job and everyone here knew about the slap this morning and none of us watched the Oscars.  There are two black people, myself included, and one Puerto Rican at my office. Everyone else is white. 

Here let me help you with that.

hookremove.gif

It's funny that Will went up there for this joke and the internet is hitting him and his wife with far more vitriol then Chris could ever have with that G.I. Jane joke.

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

TV Shows make money off ad revenue. They can't make money if no one watched the show. Your line of thinking makes zero sense. This the UFC, Boxing, or pro wrestling where a physical altercation can be used to monetized a future event. 

We've had celebs get kicked out of award shows for just making jokes or saying something wrong, yet it doesn't happen to Will smith after committing assault? lol 

BTW. Events and shows can still generate revenue by distributing footage, images, and other public affairs stuff to the media/news. You think entertainment news just gets those footages for free? 

Edited by zatalcon3

haha I knew women would jump for joy over this silly shit.... a man standing up for his wife, eh?  ...a wife that was fucking one of her son's friends not that long ago..?  THAT wife? ..the one that is responsible for everyone now viewing their marriage as yet another joke just like any other celebrity marriage?  Ok sure, Tiffany Haddish.

oh yeah youtube is on fire with this content... already there's Coach Greg Adams and Angryman live on it right now... Donovan Sharpe is about to go live in a little bit, Aba & Preach already got a vid for it, and I'm sure Fresh & Fit will have a good time with it too.  

*insert typical popcorn gifs here

Edited by MillionX
6 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Great point, could be. I don't know what ratings has to do with the Oscars since it'll always be broadcasted but I'm sure advertisers would want to run their ads on higher rated global events... So there's that.

Ratings do not need to be exclusive to one award show, any form of media shows on that specific channel or whatever owns them is good enough. 

4 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

We've had celebs get kicked out of award shows for just making jokes or saying something wrong, yet it doesn't happen to Will smith after committing assault? lol 

Yes because Hollywood is the bastion of consistency. They never change how the respond to something according to how big of a star is involved. Nope, no sir. They are always completely fair.  Also that doesn't explain how they are making money off this. 

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yes because Hollywood is the bastion of consistency. They never change how the respond to something according to how big of a star is involved. Nope, no sir. They are always completely fair.  Also that doesn't explain how they are making money off this. 

consistency my ass. If that shit was real, Will Smith would have gotten kicked out and maybe be pressed with charges for assault. None of that happened. 

You think money comes from just one live show? ABC can bank off it just through the views off their news or lending footage to other media companies. LOL at how "that doesn't explain how they are making money off this".  

They are actors, celebrities, all of them. Any form of publicity benefits them. This is all WWE shit.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

Why would Will Smith destroy the good repetition he has built for the sake of a publicity stunt for an award show he has boycotted twice before? You make no sense

LOL. There is no such thing as bad publicity. He still got his award, all his videos including his speech has hit high on views (another way shows and tv stations generate revenue). He is not going to get denied roles or anything. 

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

To laugh at his responses because they won't be insightful nor give you anything to think about. TLDR; To laugh at him.

Go ahead and start putting you arms around each other just to console yourselves.

Answer these question. Who is getting paid by lending footage to other media outlets around the world? How about the views of youtube, where does that go too? 
Come on. It's common sense. If a live show has a high chance of not getting views when it airs, then make a commotion so the next day it can be banked off by being on the media .

From all the people who got kicked off award shows for just making jokes, an actual assault happening was just allowed? GTFO.

Sorry, i know it hurts your egos to have me speak truth but there is a bit of you saying "he has point, but no! we can't give it to him"  on the inside

Edited by zatalcon3

I am guessing aside from his wife mean mugging Will was a little loose last night, cause a sober man would know a GI Jane joke about the wife should be handled away from cameras.

That being said, although I forgot about her hair loss being a disease, Chris Rock probably shouldn't have made that joke if he remembered it or was told of it before hand. It would be different if she has recreational weave/wig, but Chris may have thought bit fell under the same banner.

Either way, biggest N Word moment I seen on TV/highlights via social media.

7 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Go ahead and start putting you arms around each other just to console yourselves.

Answer these question. Who is getting paid by lending footage to other media outlets around the world? How about the views of youtube, where does that go too? 
Come on. It's common sense. If a live show has a high chance of not getting views when it airs, then make a commotion so the next day it can be banked off by being on the media .

From all the people who got kicked off award shows for just making jokes, an actual assault happening was just allowed? GTFO.

Sorry, i know it hurts your egos to have me speak truth but there is a bit of you saying "he has point, but no! we can't give it to him"  on the inside

spiderman-j-jonah-jameson.gif

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

Yup, you got nothin. 

Make yourself feel better though, it must suck realizing you thought what hollywood actors did on tv was real. 

The entirety of your nonsense get's blown up by Fair Use. It's multiple posts in and you still haven't come up with how the Oscars are making money from this. They've gotten a stained reputation and everyone else is making a killing off this. Don't not pass go, don't collect $200. Wake me up when you have something of substance. Never mind, I don't want to sleep for the rest of my days.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
41 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

LOL. There is no such thing as bad publicity. He still got his award, all his videos including his speech has hit high on views (another way shows and tv stations generate revenue). He is not going to get denied roles or anything. 

You taking about a guy who aggressively curates his image. He's going to care about the type of publicity he gets because he didn't built his name on this type of controversy. 

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's multiple posts in and you still haven't come up with how the Oscars are making money from this. 

I've told you this already, just look at the questions quoted in that response you gave. Those are examples of how they can make money off it despite no one watching their live show. What a denier. 

Edited by zatalcon3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What's annoying me today about this is all the people acting like he made a joke about a disabled person. SHES GONE BALD!!

Like Maxx mentioned, years ago Chris Rock did a documentary called Good Hair. It talks about black women's hair and all the stuff that comes with it. There is a world of cultural clusterfuck involved in that situation.

That said, he shouldn't have slapped anybody over his ol' cue ball and chain.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Like Maxx mentioned, years ago Chris Rock did a documentary called Good Hair. It talks about black women's hair and all the stuff that comes with it. There is a world of cultural clusterfuck involved in that situation.

That said, he shouldn't have slapped anybody over his ol' cue ball and chain.

Bro, it's well known men are extremely bothered by their baldness and no one gives a shit. I really don't understand why a black woman's crown is so much more special then everyone else's. Most people are insecure about their hair loss and almost no one extends them any kind of respect for it, unless it's like...Chemo related. 

Beyond that tho my actual issue is people acting like she's disabled. She's not. She's bald. I see Chris being accused of Ableism. As someone with an actually disabled girl friend this is embarrassing. SHES FUCKING BALD. Thats it. She got Will to assault a man just by rolling her eyes because she's salty she went bald like MILLLIONS of other people do. 

Edited by RSG3