Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

And ima sit here and call him a dumb dumb for making football more important then his family...

Being married with kids requires sacrifice and if you make a promise to your wife you have to keep it because they absolutely will not let you forget about it.  You just have to keep your word and take the L.  

Edited by J-ride
2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Is Chamberlin playing with them these days?

Yes. The current lineup is Billy Corgan, James Iha, Jimmy Chamberlain ,and Jeff Shroder.

75 percent of the OG lineup (Darcy replaced by Shroeder)

I have never seen them in concert. I only recently learned that the other guys rejoined a few years ago. 

It's funny is that I haven't listened to any new of theirs in the last 20 years. I just bought these randomly lol.

This venue was where the Lightning hockey team plays so I'm not too familiar with it.

The last time I came here was 2008 when ACDC was on the Black Ice Tour.

4 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

All I'm saying. Is that dudes like Tom Brady? They don't compromise. They didn't get to where they are by doing so. They compete and conquer on their terms. This is why dudes like him. Need a woman that'll just join the winning team and play the part he needs her to play.

I get that he is Tom Brady but do you realize that she is Gisele Bundchen? She's not any women. What is the point of all that power and wealth if you can't even take the time to spend a few years for your children. When he chose to settle down with her, he needed to settle down. She did for him and the kids.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I get that he is Tom Brady but do you realize that she is Gisele Bundchen? She's not any women. What is the point of all that power and wealth if you can't even take the time to spend a few years for your children. When he chose to settle down with her, he needed to settle down. She did for him and the kids.

I respect her status and accomplishments. But let's be real.  Do you think Tom would've rejected her if she didn't have that status and money? Do you think her money and status means that much to him?

A man with that level of success can have damn near any woman he wants. So it would've been wise for a man that's wired like him. To pick a woman that'll get on his program. Why he picked a woman that was just as career driven and hyper successful as he is. Thus has characteristics and traits. That wouldn't allow her to just follow without strong push back if she don't like his decision. Is beyond me.

Me personally. I'm trying to get to a point where I don't have to work unless I want to. And can just spend time with family, friends, smashing women. And maybe find one I can settle down with and smash everyday and raise a family. But Brady? Nah. This song perfectly describes people like him. Replace the drug theme with football. Especially The bridge and hook

Edited by BB_Hoody
4 hours ago, J-ride said:

Being married with kids requires sacrifice and if you make a promise to your wife you have to keep it because they absolutely will not let you forget about it.  You just have to keep your word and take the L.  

Yoy should do this for anyone yoy make a promise to. Promises are a powerful thing and breaking them tells the person you made the promise to a lot about how much you mean to them...not a lot if you break big promises to them. 

53 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Do you think Tom would've rejected her if she didn't have that status and money?

He's revealing that she doesn't mean much to him either way. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yoy should do this for anyone yoy make a promise to. Promises are a powerful thing and breaking them tells the person you made the promise to a lot about how much you mean to them...not a lot if you break big promises to them. 

He's revealing that she doesn't mean much to him either way. 

I'm telling you man. Guys like him. It's not that they don't love or care about other things and people in their lives. But when it comes to their drive and purpose. The thing that makes them feel like they were put on Earth to do that since a young age? They can't turn it off. It's like asking that person to stop breathing.

10 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'm telling you man. Guys like him.

Care more about themselves then their families. We are aware. We just don't understand why you keep excusing him for it. We know he's ambitious. 

His ambition is poison to himself now. That's all there is to it bro. He broke his promise to his wife over ambition. He's getting divorced over ambition. He's effecting his families dynamic over ambition. He can turn it off. Saying he can't turn it off is bullshit. Your describing addiction. He's addicted to his ambition to the detriment of his wife and children. He can turn it off. He's a strong fucking dude. Not being able to put his ambition to side once he's accomplished more then he ever expected to is now greed. He's being greedy. 

At some point guys like him need to get out of their own heads and look at what they doing. Him being ambitious isn't an excuse for him being selfish to the detriment of himself and everyone else in his life. 

He's literally telling his wife and kids Football is more important to him then they are.

Doesn't matter what kind of man he is, he keeps it up he'll die alone with his stupid Superbowl Rings to keep him company. 

Edited by RSG3
31 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Care more about themselves then their families. We are aware. We just don't understand why you keep excusing him for it. We know he's ambitious. 

His ambition is poison to himself now. That's all there is to it bro. He broke his promise to his wife over ambition. He's getting divorced over ambition. He's effecting his families dynamic over ambition. He can turn it off. Saying he can't turn it off is bullshit. Your describing addiction. He's addicted to his ambition to the detriment of his wife and children. He can turn it off. He's a strong fucking dude. Not being able to put his ambition to side once he's accomplished more then he ever expected to is now greed. He's being greedy. 

At some point guys like him need to get out of their own heads and look at what they doing. Him being ambitious isn't an excuse for him being selfish to the detriment of himself and everyone else in his life. 

He's literally telling his wife and kids Football is more important to him then they are.

Doesn't matter what kind of man he is, he keeps it up he'll die alone with his stupid Superbowl Rings to keep him company. 

No one's making excuses. I'm aware of the stress he's putting his family through and that it's foul. I'm just giving you an explanation as to why. Not excuses for his actions. Reasons for his actions. 

This is why I stress. That guys like him. Are better off choosing women that will just get on their program. A guy like him choosing a very successful accomplished woman. Who would have the assertiveness to challenge his decisions. Is foolish

And for women who want a family oriented man who prioritizes that? It'd be best to pursue men who achieve with supporting a family in mind. Not a guy who achieves just for the love of it. Good luck getting him to walk away from that which gives him such a sense of purpose.

Edited by BB_Hoody
8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You don't need to. We know the reasons. They aren't good ones. 

Jordan doesn't suffer fools and that makes him look like an asshole. He's also kind of an asshole but he does right by his fam. 

It ain't about them being good reasons or not. It's just is what it is.

1 minute ago, TheInfernoman said:

Some people never want to stop working...

But the bad part is as you rise up to the top the work doesn't lessen. It grows more. You sacrifice more to make it at the cost of your loved ones at times. I want to prosper more but I'm not looking to be CEO of the company. Just get to a nice balance between. It hard but doable. 

I feel like he's exhibiting the same mental block issue that billionairs have. They can't accept when enough is enough. 

20 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I feel like he's exhibiting the same mental block issue that billionairs have. They can't accept when enough is enough. 

No one gets to billionaire tier and stays there just resting on your laurels. It really does take a certain type to do that and it's not for everyone nor should it ever be. I can't assume he's got a mental issue as I don't know what is going on in his brain...but I wonder if he'll regret it down the line. 

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Can you provide me some data to back up this claim?

Anecdotal as all hell, but when the pandemic brought things into lockdown, my store was one of the few places people could go to just "shop". Many paid off loans (good on them for that, btw), and a lot bought things like jewelry or luxury electronics. No one was borrowing money, because they just came off of getting their taxes, then getting their stimulus checks, and couldn't really go out/ spend like they used to. And it was quite common to hear "well, I don't got to pay my rent, so I got extra." My typical response to that was, "you don't have to pay your rent right now, but you still gotta pay."

The smart ones listened. The rest came back to pawn all that shit they couldn't afford to keep.

This has been too much fun; I haven't taken days off in quite a while... I should've taken the Wednesday too.  All I did Thursday was hit the gym in the morning, and stop by the usual spots on the way back home...got more of that awesome grilled chicken from the Super Target (*why not make all the Targets "Super"? Unfortunately I don't think they have this stuff at "regular" Target stores)... it's enough to make at least 4 or 5 little grilled chicken sandwiches for one pack (10 bucks).  They also have a rotisserie and fajita seasoned chicken with that Target brand ("Good & Gather) so I'll have to get those next time.

Tom Brady probably won't regret this right now. Reality will set in once wifey gettin half his paycheck and his kids hate him

I don't think he's a bad guy for loving the game so much, but a deal is a deal. But I still think he has a chance to turn it around assuming he wants to make an effort 

26 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Tom Brady probably won't regret this right now. Reality will set in once wifey gettin half his paycheck and his kids hate him

I don't think he's a bad guy for loving the game so much, but a deal is a deal. But I still think he has a chance to turn it around assuming he wants to make an effort 

His wife ain't getting half his paycheck fam. She's worth more than he is and by a lot. The difference in their network would make you rich as hell. She's worth a 150 million dollars more than he is. 

that sapd shooting vid reminded me now of one day when i was playing gta san andreas...i was mellowly driving down a highway tunnel. not crashing or speeding or anything. when all of a sudden i heard sirens. i looked behind me and saw lights. i thought to myself. "is this a glitch cuz i aintz speeding. i didnt crash into anyone. why are they hitting the siren on me?" when i then saw that the cops were chasing down some npc.

i said aw shit i need to follow this drama.

the speeding car whizzed past me. cops in hot pursuit. i decided to follow the action. the cops eventually rammed the car. the driver got out unarmed. cops opened fire as i sat there parked on the highway tunnel. still in my car. watching. anywho. san andreas pd called the ambulance cuz u could hear the ambulance approach. they showed up n took corpse away. 

good times good times. still the best gta game lol

7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

TFW the absolutely psychotic cops of GTA still manage to display more humanity then actual cops.

I'll never forget the video of the two cops watching a dude drown. The junior officer was going to help to the dude and his superior stopped him. Said the guy was "faking it".  Guy drowned....with two able body people just watching. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

His wife ain't getting half his paycheck fam. She's worth more than he is and by a lot. The difference in their network would make you rich as hell. She's worth a 150 million dollars more than he is. 

So because she makes more than him, she doesn't get half of his stuff? I'm not being funny, genuinely curious how it works 

8 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So because she makes more than him, she doesn't get half of his stuff? I'm not being funny, genuinely curious how it works 

Divorce laws were written to where the bread winner would continue to provide for the other. Until they remaried. Due to them forgoing a career and earning money to take care of the home and family. It was overwhelmingly the man in that bread winner position. Thus the misconception. But it was never written to where the man pays alimony and shares assets with the woman. The bread winner does.

I.E Mary J Blidge having to pay alimony to her Ex Husband. But it's very rare where the woman is in that role and on the hook if divorce happens. They're both hyper successful people. So alimony or child support wouldn't be on the table. It'd be a battle over assets.

Edited by BB_Hoody

@RSG3Welp can't find any government or college backed studies showing specifically what you're asking for. So feel free to dismiss my opinion on that. i just know what i know based on what i saw. But I can't argue it as fact.

But you never answered the question. What would you be able to do with a year of living rent and tax free? Not deffered payments. Completely free. Do you think the average person would do something with that opportinity? And if so,  do you think it's possible to make that happen?

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

BB Hoody went into detail. So I won't go into that part of the explanation. I'll just say that men are often eligible for alimony but rarely ever ask for it. As he said it's based on who makes the most income not gender.

52 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

BB Hoody went into detail. So I won't go into that part of the explanation. I'll just say that men are often eligible for alimony but rarely ever ask for it. As he said it's based on who makes the most income not gender.

It also varies by state as some don't have alimony and only have child support.  I haven't seen anything officially stating where this divorce is filed, but you better believe some top tier lawyers will be handling it.  I doubt Brady will get screwed all that badly due to the caliber of lawyer he can afford.

21 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'm glad to hear you to took a chance making moves out here. And it's paying off. My post is about if people were presented with an opportunity to save on rent for a year. What would they do? What would ya do? Because from what I saw in 2020. A lot of people would squander it. 

Squander it? I was one of those people at the time of 2 years ago. Serious depression and alcoholism from the post pandemic. I wished I could've saw merit in those stimulus checks, instead of wasting that on filling most of my refrigerator with liquor. Acting and modeling could've came earlier, which that was my plan a year after, instead of just starting it now.

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

What would you be able to do with a year of living rent and tax free?

I'd be able to pay off some medical and school debt, and then I'd probably save. I think most people would "squander" it because the majority are not educated enough to understand how to leverage it. I mean that's why I would save. I don't make enough to make a big move, even with a free year, and I don't have assets to garner any kind of meaningful loan, and the stock market looks like a roulette wheel to me. I'm awful with numbers tho. 

There's also poor mentality where any time poor people do save money something bad happens and it all goes to that so they tend to spend on minor luxuries because if they didn't they would have basically nothing but eat sleep and grind. That's mentality unhealthy so one could consider that an investment in mental health but it's still poor mentality. 

I belive this is by design by the way, for the most part. School teaches people nothing about any of this stuff coming up, you have to have money coming up to afford to go a school that will teach this stuff or else you're mostly just risking that the info you find online and shit is trustworthy good information. 

So I would save, most would squander through poor mentality and a lack of understanding of how to make money work for them. You could easily argue me saving it is squandering it because currency has less value as time passes as opposed to assets so...

There's a lot of different ways one can view "waste." 

Edited by RSG3