Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Over the weekend I did the Cooper River Bridge Run. A 10K over the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge in Charleston, SC. It's the largest race that I've done. This year there were about 27,500 people registered for the race. I "got over it" 🤣 but I caught the worst toe cramp of the last mile that made me stop for about a good 5 minutes and walk the rest of the way.  It's my third time doing the run and I hope to keep this going for years to come. 

Any runners in the group? What races have you all done if any?

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

There was a recent story of a woman who was mugged and body slammed like that. Ended up partially paralyzed, and is now going through intense physical therapy. This ain't funny or hype. Human beings aren't suppose to hit the ground like that. 

20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

He is trying to ascend the power-levels... Form Alpha is but 1 of the many steps on the young lad's journey to Ultra Instinct.  He still requires much more training before the gods will even consider tutelage, obviously.

He gotta get that fuckin lisp under control if he's gonna be calling himself an Alpha. 

Ever notice all these dudes come up short somewhere. This dude has a lisp, Andrew Tate has male pattern baldness, that liver king loser was on roids.

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He gotta get that fuckin lisp under control if he's gonna be calling himself an Alpha. 

Ever notice all these dudes come up short somewhere. This dude has a lisp, Andrew Tate has male pattern baldness, that liver king loser was on roids.

I think Andrew Tate's ok. Yeah some of his ideals can be a bit much. But his overall message of getting men back in their masculine and being the best version of themselves is great imo.

16 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I think Andrew Tate's ok. Yeah some of his ideals can be a bit much. But his overall message of getting men back in their masculine and being the best version of themselves is great imo.

I disagree 200%. I think he's fucking trash, a god damn idiot, and bad for the men who listen to him. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I know this is cringe and I'm not supposed to be laughing, but good god. How much of Tate's audience is kids, you think?

We have a regular at the hobby store I work at that just turned 21 that regurgitates the shit Andrew Tate spews. We constantly give him shit over it since he’s never even had a girlfriend. 

Edited by iStu X
20 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Not surprising you think this. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

I disagree 200%. I think he's fucking trash, a god damn idiot, and bad for the men who listen to him. 

If you're encouraged to be placed inside of a box with the rest of the crowd for more validation, you would just be a mere follower. I know I've lost more than enough time over that mindset growing up.

I think the goal is to be more of your own individual and even though to a degree human beings seek some form of approval, it should be at a more healthier level. If not, then you're prone for manipulation and control.

It takes more a stronger individual to live their lives as they see fit, regardless of what people think. Just don't get hijacked by those who's own prejudice could rule you. They are a waste of time.

39 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Nah, the real enemy of cooking at home is defrosting.

That's a fair inclusion in the Home Cook's Rogues' Gallery.

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

We have a regular at the hobby store I work at that just turned 21 and constantly regurgitates the shit Andrew Tate spews. We constantly give him shit over it. 

🤣

Poor baby hasn't live long enough to realize this is not the way. 

26 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'm good with all that, yet there seems to be a fair bit of putting someone else in their place to lift you up to make it work. David Goggins is a far better example of putting the best version of yourself out there in the world. 

Just now, OPTIMUS124 said:

That's a fair inclusion in the Home Cook's Rogues' Gallery.

🤣

Poor baby hasn't live long enough to realize this is not the way. 

I'm good with all that, yet there seems to be a fair bit of putting someone else in their place to lift you up to make it work. David Goggins is a far better example of putting the best version of yourself out there in the world. 

What has Adndrew said exactly that gets people so rilled up??? Or as you say "putting someone else in their place to lift you up to make it work"? What has he said that implies that?

And I'll look up David Goggins.

4 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

What has Adndrew said exactly that gets people so rilled up??? Or as you say "putting someone else in their place to lift you up to make it work"? What has he said that implies that?

Without doing a Google hunt, I recall something he said on a podcast to the effect of "If I have responsibility over her, that gives me a degree of authority". In the context I recall it being about dating and how men take responsibility for those things. Sure it sounds OK but thinking about it for 2.67 seconds, he's putting her in the place of a child. That's a whole ass adult you're talking about. 

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Without doing a Google hunt, I recall something he said on a podcast to the effect of "If I have responsibility over her, that gives me a degree of authority". In the context I recall it being about dating and how men take responsibility for those things. Sure it sounds OK but thinking about it for 2.67 seconds, he's putting her in the place of a child. That's a whole ass adult you're talking about. 

Hmm ok. I see that. However. Responsibility without authority, is slavery. If you have a responsibility to something, or someone. And you have no say so over how you go about handling that responsibility? You're a workhorse. Not a leader.

For example. Some women want to feel protected and safe around their man. Knowing he'll step up if danger approaches. But there's more to protection than just squaring off with an aggressor.

There's also wisdom, structure and advice that he can offer. To minimize the risk of danger coming her way. However she has the mindset of "I'm not a child, don't tell me what to do. You have no authority over me etc" And from personal experience. This tends to lead to women getting into dangerous situations. That could've been avoided if she had followed the man's words and structure.

Instead she wants to do whatever. And expect the man to just rush in and get her out of a bad situation she may find herself in. I don't know about other communities. But in the black community. It's common to see women disregarding what a man has to say in a situation, handling it how she wants to. Then expecting him to jump in once things jump off to where she can't handle it.

However. Responsibility without authority, is slavery.

I can see how this can sound nice, but this is more blind servitude than slavery. Given the definition of slavery, it isn't a choice. 

If you have a responsibility to something, or someone. And you have no say so over how you go about handling that responsibility? You're a workhorse. Not a leader.

I can agree. This is the part where the dynamics of communicating play out. 

For example. Some women want to feel protected and safe around their man. Knowing he'll step up if danger approaches. But there's more to protection than just squaring off with an aggressor.

There's also wisdom, structure and advice that he can offer. To minimize the risk of danger coming her way. However she has the mindset of "I'm not a child, don't tell me what to do. You have no authority over me etc" And from personal experience. This tends to lead to women getting into dangerous situations. That could've been avoided if she had followed the man's words and structure.

I agree, yet the premise is about someone interpreting their place in the relationship as the lead. There is a give and a take. In your example, that's actually how my wife and I work. We listen to each other's advice and understand that we have a vested interest in our well-being. It is not from a place of authority. This falls back to why the "alpha" concept is bullshit. It's been discussed countless times that the alpha in the pack is the compassionate leader, and the pack follows because they want to.  Leaders are also good listeners, which the alpha also demonstrates. 

Instead she wants to do whatever. And expect the man to just rush in and get her out of a bad situation she may find herself in. I don't know about other communities. But in the black community. It's common to see women disregarding what a man has to say in a situation, handling it how she wants to. Then expecting him to jump in once things jump off to where she can't handle it.

The unfortunate truth in all of this is you have camps of people being told "you gotta be #1," and "there are things people will put in the way, and you have to have to take charge and be the boss". Half of this could be solved if people just listened to the needs of the other person instead of beating their chest and kicking in doors in the name of being the Alpha Male/Boss Bitch. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
11 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

It's been discussed countless times that the alpha in the pack is the compassionate leader, and the pack follows because they want to.  Leaders are also good listeners, which the alpha also demonstrates. 

The unfortunate truth in all of this is you have camps of people being told "you gotta be #1," and "there are things people will put in the way, and you have to have to take charge and be the boss". Half of this could be solved if people just listened to the needs of the other person instead of beating their chest and kicking in doors in the name of being the Alpha Male/Boss Bitch. 

And this is valid. And the thing is. Andrew to my knowledge. Never said to force yourself into that alpha leader role. Like that cringy kid did. He encourages men to become the man. That a woman and others. Would naturally want to follow. And to not tolerate unruly women in dating.

Always be willing to hear your womans input before making decisions. But you should be a man that your lady. Is comfortable with allowing to make that final decision. Because yes, someone forcing themselves into that alpha leader role. When no one asked for one nor did a situation call for one? Yeah no one likes that guy/lady 

11 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

What has Adndrew said exactly that gets people so rilled up???

I find the fact he picked on a 17 year old climate activist so he could flex about his 23 cars that's 22 more then he needs is really fucking childish and isn't behavior anyone should be looking to as inspiration. 

I think living a lifestyle of excess and pure consumption and flash isn't the lifestyle people should be modeling themselves after and they should't want women who attracted to that kind of behaivor, and vice versa.

Nothing I've seen out of Andrew Tate, be it spoken or actual action has been anything I've found to be exemplary, honorable, or just even very tolerable. It's all selfish advice and behaivor about how to get the most out of any situation for yourself. 

Greed is the #1 problem we have in the world imo, everyone thinks about themselves and no one else and they are never satisfied, never have enough, and I'm not impressed by someone packaging that mentality up as a good thing for people to engage in. 

We need to rediscover humility, humbleness, and empathy for others which all seem to be ideas diametrically opposed to people like Andrew Tate

Edit:I also have a deep seeded mistrust of anyone who calls themselves an Alpha. They probably aren't, because if they were they wouldn't need to announce it, and because thats not how the whole Alpha/Beta shit works. You're just telling me youte domesticated!

Like that whole Alpha/Beta shit is so stupid, the whole paper was disproven by its own author. It makes you sound so fucking dumb to call yourself an Alpha. It makes you sound as dumb as the anti-trans/anti-woke crowed who call themselves fucking Red Pilled. You know....Woke...from a movie about TRANS-humanism.

Edited by RSG3
18 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I find the fact he picked on a 17 year old climate activist so he could flex about his 23 cars that's 22 more then he needs is really fucking childish and isn't behavior anyone should be looking to as inspiration. 

I think living a lifestyle of excess and lure consumption, and flash isn't the lifestyle people should be modeling themselves after and they should want women who attracted to that kind of behaivor. 

Nothing I've seen out of Andrew Tate, be it spoken or actual action has been anything I've found to be exemplary, honorable, or just even very tolerable. It's all selfish advice about how to get the most out of any situation. 

Greed is the #1 problem we have in the world imo, everyone thinks about themselves and no one else and I'm not impressed by someone packaging that mentality up as a good thing for people to engage in. 

We need to rediscover humility, humbleness, and empathy for others which all seem to be ideas diametrically opposed to people like Andrew Tate. 

Yeah he ain't perfect. He definitely has some Ls on his record. Like most people. But as to your point about him just being about promoting a life of greed, excess and materialism? I'll let him speak for himself

There's other examples. But those are most notable to me. And I'm not saying women have to be wives and mothers to live a fulfilling life. But I just wonder. What is the point of being so career and money driven. With no family to share it all with?This goes for men too.

And I agree we all need to get back to giving a damn about one another. But it seems very hard to get back to that. When so many value career, accomplishments, income etc. And value relationships, family and community so little.

@RSG3

Andrew and Tristan Tate have both been released from jail. They're on house arrest now. But it looks like the charges are gonna be dropped.

So is he innocent until proven guilty? Or are ya condemning a man based on ya opinion of him?

Edited by BB_Hoody

My problem with Tate is what you guys get at: the few good things he says don't make up for all the bad stuff he (allegedly) says and does. I find it hard to believe that there aren't other sources for the info Tate's laying out. On the other side of the coin, he's selling (from most accounts) BS courses on a discord server and is most likely a sex trafficker.

With Tate, people are skimming a shit river for a couple slivers of gold they can find elsewhere, and I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

What is the point of being so career and money driven.

I would argue we should start here. Why exactly are we so career and money driven? We don't have to be. It's been a pretty net negative the last 100 or so years for the majority of the population. So why do we continue to act like this is a healthy mindset for people to have? Most people are not career driven, guys like Tate talk about the human condition a lot but never about we are not work creatures. We where hunter gatherers. We gathered and hunted what we needed and we went the fuck home. We rested, spent time with our families. We didn't have careers. 

Most of humanity just wants to get paid and go home. The family is the goal not the career. We have it backwards we work so much to have the family we can't spend time with because we are working to have the family we can't spend time with. 

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I would argue we should start here. Why exactly are we so career and money driven? We don't have to be. It's been a pretty net negative the last 100 or so years for the majority of the population. So why do we continue to act like this is a healthy mindset for people to have? Most people are not career driven, guys like Tate talk about the human condition a lot but never about we are not work creatures. We where hunter gatherers. We gathered and hunted what we needed and we went the fuck home. We rested, spent time with our families. We didn't have careers. 

Most of humanity just wants to get paid and go home. The family is the goal not the career. We have it backwards we work so much to have the family we can't spend time with because we are working to have the family we can't spend time with. 

And yet when Andrew challenges women on this. As seen in those vids I linked. He's sexist, misogynist, old fashioned. Caveman mentality, he wants women to be slaves to a man etc.

@axeman61Fair enough. But ya wild for just recklessly throwing around this sex trafficking label. 

I’d consider myself career driven but it’s cause I’ve worked for small businesses most of my life. So when they succeed, I succeed and vice versa. But I’m also in the mind set where I’m not going to over-extend myself by doing more than I need to which ends in burning myself out and burning the bridges I’ve built. I’ve been there, done that and my life fell apart because of it. I’m not doing that again. 

I have a very healthy work/life balance now and I’m in a great place in life over all. I work for a company I love doing things I love as well as an extremely supportive girlfriend. Bout as good as it gets. 

Keep on that alpha hustle though or whatever dumb shit grifters like Tate are peddling that you subscribe to. 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Andrew and Tristan Tate have both been released from jail. They're on house arrest now. But it looks like the charges are gonna be dropped.

So is he innocent until proven guilty? Or are ya condemning a man based on ya opinion of him?

If you scroll up a little I responded to Style about this already. 

1 minute ago, BB_Hoody said:

And yet when Andrew challenges women on this. As seen in those vids I linked. He's sexist, misogynist, old fashioned. Caveman mentality, he wants women to be slaves to a man etc.

I didn't say that. Other people said that. I didn't. You're getting a bit too diffensive over this guy right now. 

18 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

With Tate, people are skimming a shit river for a couple slivers of gold they can find elsewhere, and I don't get it.

This is the key point. 

20 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

There's other examples. But those are most notable to me. And I'm not saying women have to be wives and mothers to live a fulfilling life. But I just wonder. What is the point of being so career and money driven. With no family to share it all with?This goes for men too.

Even in this example, I'm ok with the first half, then he goes on a tangent.  Better at =/= only good at. 

That said about the family aspect of it, nothing that is being stated is exclusive to one sex. It takes two to tango.

The way it's presented sounds more akin to "know your place".

Edited by OPTIMUS124

He totally loses me at the Nursery shit. So fucking dumb. 

And whats with dudes on Podcasts lately being stuck in old school fast forward, talkin 900 words a minute. It's a podcast you have time, slow the fuck down. Sound like God damn Chip & Dale...

Edited by RSG3
15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

If you scroll up a little I responded to Style about this already. 

I didn't say that. Other people said that. I didn't. You're getting a bit too diffensive over this guy right now. 

I didn't say you. I'm speaking how he's described in general by people. And I'm not just defensive over him. But men in general who try to promote masculinity, family, leadership, self improvement, and enjoying what comes with putting in the work to become that best version of one's self. And get hate for it.

Now those who miss use his advice. And try to be fake alpha tough guys. Or trying to dominate any and all interactions with a woman. Etc. Yeah they deserve to get shifted on. 

12 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

This is the key point. 

Even in this example, I'm ok with the first half, then he goes on a tangent.  Better at =/= only good at. 

That said about the family aspect of it, nothing that is being stated is exclusive to one sex. It takes two to tango.

The way it's presented sounds more akin to "know your place".

I hear you on that. But on the flip side. You have some women enforcing this as well. But only when it's convient for them. I E a real man does this and that for a woman. He knows that's his role, and wouldn't leave a lady to do it. 

But should a man dare say the same when it comes to what a woman's role is? Then it's a problem. The message is toxic and out dated etc.

So am I debating my opinion of Andrew Tate or am I debating what random people on the internet I don't know and don't care about say about Andrew Tate cuz if so....I'm out. I can't debate what other people are saying. 

I don't give a fuck what random say online about any of this shit. 

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

hear you on that. But on the flip side. You have some women enforcing this as well. But only when it's convient for them. I E a real man does this and that for a woman. He knows that's his role, and wouldn't leave a lady to do it.

I actually had a professional discussion with someone about that a couple of weeks ago. Based on the current movement, an honest discussion has to be made about what it means to be a man. If a woman wants to maintain the same roles, then are you willing to adapt social norms to be more equitable?

This is food for thought regarding male inequality.