Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

50 minutes ago, MillionX said:

When I was a kid I first heard of this legendary song on a commercial for a blues hits collection album, I think... and it was shocking that it even got those few seconds of airtime on a regular tv commercial--- Strokin'

I looked it up now and yeah...apparently it was indeed too spicy to get played on the radio at the time 🤣  Even as a kid I was thinking right away "there's no way they can get away with playing this on the radio, can they?"

I'm still amazed that that one Lil Jon song talking about "skeet skeet skeet" was on the radio back in the day. Pretty sure if any of the middle aged radio programmers knew wtf he was talking about, it wouldn't have been.

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

To be honest, I'm for banning things that aren't natural at all, like processed food, the current water problem, altered hygiene products. Health is worth more than that to me.

How are you going to solve the food problem? You think there is enough wagyu beef for everyone? And if there was you think the toll it would take on the planet to grow "organic" for everyone is small? Yes everyone should be getting their avocado toasts for breakfast without any issue.

51 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Haha bro what?

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

How are you going to solve the food problem? You think there is enough wagyu beef for everyone? And if there was you think the toll it would take on the planet to grow "organic" for everyone is small? Yes everyone should be getting their avocado toasts for breakfast without any issue.

That reply for me was more out of impulse than anything. Considering that we're cancer ticking time bombs from more than just from food, it's too late anyway.

Primitive times were just far more simplistic, but much more dangerous. An all or nothing approach for profit at the cost of everyone's health just disappoints me to no end.

I'm sensitive like that. 😝 

They aren't even hiding it anymore lol. Do it to a shitty ex partner that took advantage of you first to set an example of them, but don't do that to whoever to keep your house afloat. Lacking true pride and so unashamed by that.

But hey, I'm too much like my deceased mother from this very subject lol

Edited by Emptyeyes_
On 3/29/2023 at 9:01 PM, iStu X said:

I’m losing my shit watching this. 😂😂😂😂

odd future lol GIF by JASPER & ERROL'S FIRST TIME

On more sadder news, another boy band member dead from 'LFO'.

https://www.vulture.com/2023/03/lfo-singer-brian-brizz-gillis-dead.html#:~:text=Brian 'Brizz' Gillis%2C Original LFO Member%2C Dead at 47,-By Justin Curto&text=Brian “Brizz” Gillis%2C one,more information about his death.

Their one of the one-hit wonders in the 90s boy band era but maaan I have fond memories that particular summer when their hit,'Summer Girl' came out. Good times. 

Nostalgia maaan...

IMO it's about balance.  I've known a bunch of miserable married guys who work their asses off and don't even get sex from their wives.  Women have just been indoctrinated into being adversarial for no reason.  This woman is definitely going hard in the paint to keep her man away from side chicks lol.

Edited by J-ride
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

she knows her rights though

Clearly this lady had time.  That looks like a fairly long sidewalk so anyone coming on this path should be able to see any bike coming their way if it's going at any kind of moderate speed and move.  So she definitely saw this dude coming at least a quarter mile away and was like "I'm gonna stand right here annoy this person" .  Dude is not even trying to be in a conflict and trying to get away from the situation and she's purposefully putting herself in his path repeatedly.  I'm so irritated just watching this lol.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Karens are a uniquely American problem. I'm sure they exist everywhere and throughout history but the intensity and frequency is off the charts in the US.

edit- that twitter account is pure entertainment btw.

I think Karenism seems to be strongly tied to Gen-X and the lack of women getting punched in the West.  I've had women act like they want to start shit with me a few times even though I am nearly a foot taller and 75lbs heavier.  Female privilege has them walking around completely delusional.  I'm just slightly above average size and I could beat the shit out of nearly any woman without breaking a sweat.

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Clearly this lady had time.  That looks like a fairly long sidewalk so anyone coming on this path should be able to see any bike coming their way if it's going at any kind of moderate speed and move.  So she definitely saw this dude coming at least a quarter mile away and was like "I'm gonna stand right here annoy this person" .  Dude is not even trying to be in a conflict and trying to get away from the situation and she's purposefully putting herself in his path repeatedly.  I'm so irritated just watching this lol.

I think her argument was about his bike having an engine, that would make it not fit to be on that road. Apparently, he mentioned it was considered lawful for engine bikes to use that way. I don't know the laws from wherever this is happening.

Another scientific "what if..?" that has been fascinating to me lately... 

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/did-another-advanced-species-exist-earth-humans-ncna869856

Imagine if there was another species, hominid or otherwise that was about as intelligent or more than the hominid "family" that would show up much later... what if they had their time, developed cities, governments, culture, etc.... then went extinct for whatever reason, perhaps millions of years ago.  Time and nature itself (regrowth of plants and vegetation, rising sea levels that permanently submerge things, etc.) would eventually erase just about all major traces of civilization, at least one of our level....  ...but even more wild and out there---what if they got to a level of tech that allowed them to leave this planet, maybe out of necessity or just curiosity and exploration.

...the big Twilight Zone plot twist here----what if the "aliens" that occasionally drop by to visit and observe... they aren't aliens at all; turns out they are formerly native to this planet, and they are just coming back to check out what's been going on here on their former home world.  That seems like more of a longshot though---it's probably more likely of an ancient civilization that was here and had their time, then a mass extinction event happened....and enough time passed that eventually erased just about all they built.

This also gets me to wonder just how much time would need to pass for all traces of human civilization to be erased by time and weather/nature... perhaps a few thousand years for most structures to be barely recognizable or gone, I suppose.  

Edited by MillionX