Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

56 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I think streaming is more than cable now, but at least you can watch what you want.

Streaming is way more than cable now if you go for everything. We all know about Netflix, Hulu and Prime. What about Paramount, Disney+, Peacock? What the fuck is Peacock? Oh my god what is Starz Play? Where did Tubi come from? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE HBO. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

If I had Twitter at any point I would nuke the fuck out of that thing. Nothing good comes from it for the vast majority of people, I can only imagine what I would have posted 13 years ago while stoned out of my gourd. 

Shit if I looked over my old SRK posts I could probably find out. 

I remember looking back at some thread on SRK in the last year or two and being surprised after I'd read a post in some thread that *I* was one who posted it. Like I almost don't even know the the guy I was when I made that post anymore.

32 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Streaming is way more than cable now if you go for everything. We all know about Netflix, Hulu and Prime. What about Paramount, Disney+, Peacock? What the fuck is Peacock? Oh my god what is Starz Play? Where did Tubi come from? GET OUT OF MY HOUSE HBO. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The thing that annoys me most about streaming is that every company has their own fucking app.  Imagine if every game company had their own app you had download to be able to buy and play their games and that's how asinine it really is that you have to have apps from all these different companies just to watch shows. If not for the search function on my tv, I wouldn't know what shows were on what app. and imo THE best thing that could ever happen to streaming would be some company coming in like Spotify and consolidating everything under one roof. Ugh.

BRB going outside to yell at some clouds now

Edited by DoctaMario
53 minutes ago, Lantis said:

A close friend of mine once said that horses can literally detect fear, so if those motherfuckers see you nervous, they'll probably want to toss you out like an asshole

Most animals are this way. If your nervous there must be a reason so they become nervous as well and since horses are group animals and prey, if one in the group is nervous it must be because there is a predator around 

57 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I remember looking back at some thread on SRK in the last year or two and being surprised after I'd read a post in some thread that *I* was one who posted it. Like I almost don't even know the the guy I was when I made that post anymore.

that happened to me when reading old facebook statuses or old tweets. Like I can’t recognize myself in them anymore but I remember the person who wrote them as if they were someone else.

i did get a chuckle out of reading my Bison fanboyism as a teenager back in 01-02. Something’s never change. 🙂

49 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The thing that annoys me most about streaming is that every company has their own fucking app.  Imagine if every game company had their own app you had download to be able to buy and play their games and that's how asinine it really is that you have to have apps from all these different companies just to watch shows. If not for the search function on my tv, I wouldn't know what shows were on what app. and imo THE best thing that could ever happen to streaming would be some company coming in like Spotify and consolidating everything under one roof. Ugh.

The cost/benefit for standing it up is likely why gaming companies haven't done it. Since content is just a set of multimedia files you download, standing up your own platform is pretty easy and you cut out the middle man. The backend "mechanically" is likely the same, with a different UI.  Game companies could do that now (if they wanted) but the return would be abysmal as the base (of the platform) would be a lot lower. That said, if cloud-gaming does become reliable (and marketable), I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes as fragmented as the streaming apps. 

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Technically...M$ is already kinda dipping into the streaming model with Gamepass.  They've had to come out and say their losing money on it so....

I was going to mention that along with EA Play and PS+.  There will be a point where hardware will become less relevant (outside of the peripherals themselves). 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

A close friend of mine once said that horses can literally detect fear, so if those motherfuckers see you nervous, they'll probably want to toss you out like an asshole

And I dunno about Tron bikes....don't they leave laser trails for other vehicles to crash and explode on? 😅

Also horses can sense if you know what you are doing.  My wife had a horse take off with her because I told her she needed to assert dominance and show the horse who was boss.  After I caught up to the horse that MF really looked like he had a great time running full blast with her on his back.  😂

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Yeah, I love the on-demand nature of streaming apps (a huge reason I got rid of directv/cable), but good god the splintering pisses me off. I can only hope companies look at the big monthly costs of this streaming thing and then lean towards consolidation. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

There's a "Google TV" phone app that does a pretty fair job of aggregating the different streaming apps.  You can search for a show by title and it will tell you what streaming services have it, or it can feed you suggestions by genre, etc.

3 minutes ago, MillionX said:

So... a bit more news and info about that murderous "future Deebo"  little piece of shit that shot at his teacher:

Imagine how much worse that kid will be once he's a teenager.

I'm not surprised he wasn't charged but tell me they are charging his parents. I thought in situation like this the parents face charges. It was their firearm and it clearly wasn't secured.

Well, Today Show got an interview with her, I see....

"the mother* could be charged" (haha, because of course there's no Dad in the picture; oh what a surprise.) says some other links I'm seeing so far:

https://nypost.com/2023/03/08/virginia-6-year-old-who-shot-teacher-wont-be-charged-but-parents-could-be/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/10/us/6-year-old-teacher-shooting-virginia-tuesday/index.html

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's funny to look at some of my posts back before I quit drinking. I was such a shit poster. You basically couldn't take anything I said very seriously most of the time. It's crazy how different that is now.

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Isn't that called cable TV? 

I guess it would be, but in this case there'd be a better chance that there's stuff you actually would WANT to watch on every platform rather than having to pay for all this extra shit you don't want in the first place.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

There's a "Google TV" phone app that does a pretty fair job of aggregating the different streaming apps.  You can search for a show by title and it will tell you what streaming services have it, or it can feed you suggestions by genre, etc.

Huh, I didn't know about that. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip!

33 minutes ago, Daemos said:

So is he coming back? Cuz they made it pretty clear that he wasn’t really involved in the first place.

Judging by the credits pointed out on the show by people online...I highly doubt he's returning to Rick & Morty in any capacity.  Other shows thought I don't know, probably depends on how involved he is, if he wasn't a general dick to them,  and how much bad blood was made when he was kicked off.  Chances are probably slim but I'm pretty sure they aren't as close to 0 as they are with Rick & Morty.

7 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Again . . . violence is not the way . . . but he was ready to fight for his teacher

You know its a horrible way to think...but I'm actually ok with this outcome if only because teachers have been shitted on for so long.  Actually kond of refreshing to actually see a student stand up for one even it involved hitting another student with a star punch in retaliation.

Regardless of whether he did or didn't... would a cameo have helped anything?

On this note, I think he, like everyone, thought Black Adam was going to do big numbers. He threw his weight around to maintain real control of things. Imagine if Black Adam had succeeded wildly; he might have more sway with 100+m projects in this series going forward. That's a good thing to control. Was this bit of dick waving childish? Yes. I don't get it 100% either. But it makes a bit more sense when people see dollar signs. Especially since Black Adam was so long in the making.

Edited by axeman61
11 hours ago, J-ride said:

Imagine losing your whole career over a bullshit accusation.  That's why I was hesitant to pass judgement on Roiland.  I've had a few friends get divorced and they all got accused of ridiculous bullshit.

Eh, he beat the DV charges, but IIRC there are some of creepy text exchanges he has yet to address. I think it's that stuff as much as the DV charges and him being laissez-faire with work that got him on the outskirts. He probably will address stuff though.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Kinda baffled as to why The Rock would block this but its not like it matters anyway now since everything is getting rebooted.  That meme of Rock sweating as he had to choose between a cool cameo and his ego makes more sense now.

We've been talking about this in the DC thread, but yeah, The Rock was feeling himself a little TOO much. Also don't know why he would consider a character like Black Adam to be the cornerstone of a DC resurgence but that's The Rock for you LOL.

But as mentioned I guess nothing really matters anymore: both movies bombed and everything is getting rebooted so all that's left is just 2 bitter actors fighting over sour grapes

2 minutes ago, Lantis said:

We've been talking about this in the DC thread, but yeah, The Rock was feeling himself a little TOO much. Also don't know why he would consider a character like Black Adam to be the cornerstone of a DC resurgence but that's The Rock for you LOL.

But as mentioned I guess nothing really matters anymore: both movies bombed and everything is getting rebooted so all that's left is just 2 bitter actors fighting over sour grapes

Shazam 2 was doomed once DC announced that they were essentially rebooting everything. They've killed interest in their current movies. 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Regardless of whether he did or didn't... would a cameo have helped anything?

No, because this movie wasn't advertised like, at all. Lotz of people weren't even aware it was out.

I'm sure Rock did damage to production with his stupid shenanigans but Shazam failing isn't all on him like they are trying to paint it as. In some ways it really looks like DC/WB/Gunn/Whoever thought they could just nuke a bunch of contracts, tank a few projects, make no one want to be involved anymore, and then just hang the fallout on someone elses shoulders. Rock was loud, boisterous and frankly obnoxious during the Blak Adam press tours and his shoulders are wide so its easy to hang on him.

I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around for Johnson and others. Zack Levi going on podcasts and saying a bunch of dumb ass optics shit like Anti-Vaxx goofiness probably didnt help at all for example.

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What is Shazam?

I know you trolling but I'll post all of this anyway 🙃 Shazam is Captain Marvel. The original Captain Marvel. Marvel took DC to court over the moniker. Even though DC had it first, the ruling let them both use the name for their characters but only Marvel could use Captain Marvel as a book title. So DC called their comic book Shazam!, since that's the word Billy Batson used to become Captain Marvel. A few years back they just changed the characters name to Shazam. Which I've always thought was dumb.