Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I know you trolling but I'll post all of this anyway 🙃 Shazam is Captain Marvel. The original Captain Marvel. Marvel took DC to court over the moniker. Even though DC had it first, the ruling let them both use the name for their characters but only Marvel could use Captain Marvel as a book title. So DC called their comic book Shazam!, since that's the word Billy Batson used to become Captain Marvel. A few years back they just changed the characters name to Shazam. Which I've always thought was dumb.

Wasn't Shaq in the first Shazam?

Edit: Dammit, Lantis!

Edited by Chadouken
12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Which I've always thought was dumb.

I think it's both. It's a rock and a hard place kinda thing. Like Shazam is the incantation not his name...but calling him Shazam really helps clear up confusion....

Like it sucks no matter what you do it seems. 

I saw this tweet in my feed and had to do a double take

"Tommy Wiseau?  Who gave this guy money to cook again?  This has to be a joke"  Then I clicked on the youtube link. 

BRUH....The fuckin actual trailer wasn't bad enough then he hits you with what is a half minute ad for his brand of underwear!?

staring dwayne johnson GIF

Edited by Sonichuman
23 hours ago, J-ride said:

Imagine losing your whole career over a bullshit accusation.  That's why I was hesitant to pass judgement on Roiland.  I've had a few friends get divorced and they all got accused of ridiculous bullshit.

I mean, the fact remains he did solicit several underage girls over Twitter. So….Dude is a scum bag. 

Edited by iStu X

It's definitely not as often as a woman that's even average in terms of looks....because generally, no one gives much of a shit about men in the first place.  In modern times at least it's mostly either indifference, condescending attitudes or outright hostility.  A lot of people are even inclined to laugh at situations where men are victimized by a woman. (e.g. the hosts of "The Talk" and their audience laughing about a story where a man that was castrated by his wife...they later had to begrudgingly apologize about it.)  Some of this may be different depending on region, of course (like when you grow up in a rancid, embarrassing shithole like Memphis, TN, for instance.)

...and of course we aren't allowed the luxury of being frustrated or angry and bitter about any of it either....then you'll just be kicked even harder while you're down.  Nope, we're supposed to just pretend everything's perfectly fine and ok, no matter what happens.  The amazing thing is when people are surprised that a lot of dudes end up pretty fucked up psychologically after a while.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Straight men get compliments, but women are generally pretty reserved with them because there are too many random straight guys who will mistake it for romantic interest.

This is it unfortunately.  If you are an above average looking guy then you will of course get compliments but anything below that and you're generally starved.  And looking at it from their perspective, I get it.  It's like potentially stepping on a social land mine that you don't want to deal with.  And the other problem is that the issue continually feeds into itself because of the fact that they don't get compliments often.

In a professional context, I receive them periodically.

In a social setting and from women who aren't in a committed relationship with you, it is rare in my experience. 

To be honest, I think many modern guys give compliments too freely to women especially about looks. I guess they think it has to be returned out of obligation. Too much adulation leads to these women getting overly large egos and then they start an Instagram page lol.

Yea it's a self feeding termination loop. Guys don't really get those kinds interaction, if at all, so they are starving for it. They are crawling across a dune sea of emotional desperation, begging for some kind of attention, so when someone finally says something nice to them about themselves, especially from women, they hyper fixate on it and at times the person who gave the compliment. That behaivor then scares people into not wanting to praise them and right back into starvation mode they go. If they can't figure out how to deal with this then chances are they will shoot or hang themselves, and if everyone is really unlucky he'll shoot other people first. 

And the saddest part is no one cares. No one cares why they shoot themselves or shoot up a grocery store. The news will pretend for a day or 2, thoughts & prayers of course, and then shuffle along like nothing happened. Gov won't do anything like make medical care accessible for all so these dudes can get help, and society just mocks them for whatever reason is on hand at the moment. Just call the guy creepy or whatever. If they do manage to go to therapy then they get mocked for needing help with very real and aggressive problems. 

We're just so casually cruel about the whole thing. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Yea it's a self feeding termination loop. Guys don't really get those kinds interaction, if at all, so they are starving for it. They are crawling across a dune sea of emotional desperation, begging for some kind of attention, so when someone finally says something nice to them about themselves, especially from women, they hyper fixate on it and at times the person who gave the compliment. That behaivor then scares people into not wanting to praise them and right back into starvation mode they go. If they can't figure out how to deal with this then chances are they will shoot or hang themselves, and if everyone is really unlucky he'll shoot other people first. 

And the saddest part is no one cares. No one cares why they shoot themselves or shoot up a grocery store. The news will pretend for a day or 2, thoughts & prayers of course, and then shuffle along like nothing happened. Gov won't do anything like make medical care accessible for all so these dudes can get help, and society just mocks them for whatever reason is on hand at the moment. Just call the guy creepy or whatever. If they do manage to go to therapy then they get mocked for needing help with very real and aggressive problems. 

We're just so casually cruel about the whole thing. 

Maybe if men were nicer to one another they wouldn't be so starved for emotional validation from outside. I think men who show genuine affection to one another are much healthier. Kind words, hugs, even kisses etc. I think cultures that embrace these interactions between men are probably happier, and a whole lot less violence.

But in the US at least these interactions still have the stigma of being "gaaay" or emasculating. I think this is a good place to start for heterosexual men in the 21st century. Women have adapted to a degree of higher independence between the sexes and diminished gender roles, men have to as well instead of trying to define themselves by how women treat them. It's definitely one step back two steps forward culturally/socially speaking but I think men will come out feeling better.

If I were completely honest, I would say this entire trans-debacle is deeply rooted in problems that western men have not resolved among themselves in generations. I do believe that if trans women didn't feel so hated and ostracized by their own biological sex, they would not try to invade women only realms like what we are seeing now. Male culture didn't get the same shake up that women did in the last 100 years, and it's probably time to rethink what it is to be a man through our own lens.

Straight men get along with each other in day to day interactions outside of wartime, political discourse, fighting over hoes, and other career one upmanship.

Unless you were abused by an elder authority figure or endured some other trauma, the average man seems to do ok.

I'd say I have mostly good relationships with men at work /school and with my father and male relatives. I don't know if you can easily translate that to a romantic relationship with a woman in the initial dating stages. Straight men tend to be more honest and women need a certain level of duplicity to entice them.

I realize I am one of the most sensitive squiggas on here who grew up in a loving 2 parent home and mostly stable relatives  which is rare in today's society.

Sexual  intercourse is an important thing that has over the last few decades had more building blocks put in our way imo.

While Im glad women are slowly being paid more and have improved their lot in life, they are more likely to initiate divorce and break up  a stable home life if they arent getting princess treatment.  Thanks to online dating and other avenues, it is easy for straight women to move on and usually with either money or other advantages due to biases in the courts.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

....I'd say I have mostly good relationships with men at work /school and with my father and male relatives. I don't know if you can easily translate that to a romantic relationship with a woman in the initial dating stages. Straight men tend to be more honest and women need a certain level of duplicity to entice them.

I realize I am one of the most sensitive squiggas on here who grew up in a loving 2 parent home and mostly stable relatives  which is rare in today's society.

Sexual  intercourse is an important thing that has over the last few decades had more building blocks put in our way imo.

While Im glad women are slowly being paid more and have improved their lot in life, they are more likely to initiate divorce and break up  a stable home life if they arent getting princess treatment.  Thanks to online dating and other avenues, it is easy for straight women to move on and usually with either money or other advantages due to biases in the courts.

I grew up in a ultra traditional household and was taught to be a perfect gentleman.  This really hurt me a ton when it came to dating which is why I refuse to raise my son the same way.  

In general I usually never assume romantic interest from women unless they just really throw themselves out there.  Even then, I swear half the time they will instantly retract if you show even the slight bit of interest back and then act like you are the bad guy.  I usually assume women are just seeking attention and that they aren't into me about 95% of the time.

Edited by J-ride
Just now, Daemos said:

Maybe if men were nicer to one another they wouldn't be so starved for emotional validation from outside. I think men who show genuine affection to one another are much healthier. Kind words, hugs, even kisses etc. I think cultures that embrace these interactions between men are probably happier, and a whole lot less violence.

Men, regardless of culture tend to be nice to each other.

Men do show affection to their peers, be hugs, friendly banter, etc.

It is a myth that men don't do it.

You can see it on different groups with different interests, different cultures, etc.

Just look at how men gather to watch a sports event and celebrate when their team scores a point.

Or when people gather at a party, and get around to each other to chat.

There are a lot of social cues on how men show their affection.

Hell, at times is just a matter of being 2 dudes together sitting near each other without talking much watching tv, fishing, or playing a game to be enough.

What RSG3 is talking about goes into the most extreme ends, with people who probably have social anxiety or are socially inept.

That or are dealing with depression or other mental health issues.

There is much more about those problems that just blaming it to how men behave or the gender roles, or the interactions between sexes.

Economic problems, mental health problems, societal problems.

I think cultures that embrace these interactions between men are probably happier, and a whole lot less violence.

Not really, just look at Italy and Latin America for example.

We still have violence, and the other issues like high suicide rates, etc.

Like I said, this kind of issues go beyond than just gender issues.

Failing economies, corruption, poverty, etc

But in the US at least these interactions still have the stigma of being "gaaay" or emasculating. I think this is a good place to start for heterosexual men in the 21st century. Women have adapted to a degree of higher independence between the sexes and diminished gender roles, men have to as well instead of trying to define themselves by how women treat them. It's definitely one step back two steps forward culturally/socially speaking but I think men will come out feeling better.

You mention this, yet mental health issues, depression and overall unhappiness is at an unprecedent high nowdays between women.

Humans are sexual creatures, we are defined by our sexual characteristics and our interactions between each other.

Is ingrained on us.

I do agree, that there needs to be a balance, since people in general put too much value on what others think about them, but it is what it comes from being a social creature.

think this is a good place to start for heterosexual men in the 21st century....  men have to as well instead of trying to define themselves by how women treat them. It's definitely one step back two steps forward culturally/socially speaking but I think men will come out feeling better

Just look at how people throw incel as an insult, ignoring the fact that most of the people who identify themselves as incels (before it became an insult) are dudes with severe mental health problem.

But what did people do, ridicule them, antagonize them and now use the term as a degradatory term for men in general.

Or look at men who simply decide to do as you say and and not let themselves be defined by the opposite sex interactions, like the MGTOW, they are labeled as misogynists, and are antagonized, demonized, etc.

The same for the  MRAs.

Ridiculed, demonized, etc, like if is not valid for men to try to advocate for issues that affect mostly men, like homelessness, suicide rates, more and more men dropping from the education system, etc.

If I were completely honest, I would say this entire trans-debacle is deeply rooted in problems that western men have not resolved among themselves in generations. I do believe that if trans women didn't feel so hated and ostracized by their own biological sex, they would not try to invade women only realms like what we are seeing now.

Perhaps, but there is also the issue that many trans people are not actually being helped by the institutions that are supposedly advocating for them.

It has become an industry that is more preoccupied with facilitating giving hormones and other medications, fast tracking transitions and overall validating the believe of being trans than actually trying to help the person and see if the dysphoria is rooted on other issues and can be helped by attacking those 1st before starting any transition therapy.

Also, the invasion of woman spaces is mostly rooted on seeking the validation at societal level that they are the sex they identify as.

It wouldn't matter if they are or not ostracized by their peers, since if they are not allowed on said spaces, then is the same as not being acknowledge as the sex they identify as.

The invasion of their spaces was an inevitable outcome.

Side note

Then add the alarming trend of more and more rans who actually hate women and very openly, perhaps, rooted in envy, who knows, which is what has lead to the dumbassery of trying to erase what a woman is, by creating shit like person that menstruates, all while still trying to push that there is no difference between a trans and a woman.

Male culture didn't get the same shake up that women did in the last 100 years, and it's probably time to rethink what it is to be a man through our own lens.

"Male" culture is constantly getting shakeups.

With every generation we have seen changes.

All thanks to new technologies, changes at societal levels, economic changes, etc, etc.

We have seen changes on how men interact between each other, how interact with women, seen how the value of men for society is lower and lower.

We have also seen how their problems are either seen as a joke or ignored.

So yeah, I would say that we have seen plenty of shakeups on those last 100 years, hell on the last 30 we have seen a lot of changes.

Just the advent of social media alone has created a lot of changes.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

What RSG3 is talking about goes into the most extreme ends, with people who probably have social anxiety or are socially inept.

That or are dealing with depression or other mental health issues.

No it doesnt, not exclusively I'm talking about everyday men. I am not referring  to the extremes at all.  I'm talking about notmal every day men. 

Edited by RSG3
59 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

...."Male" culture is constantly getting shakeups.

With every generation we have seen changes.

All thanks to new technologies, changes at societal levels, economic changes, etc, etc.

We have seen changes on how men interact between each other, how interact with women, seen how the value of men for society is lower and lower.

We have also seen how their problems are either seen as a joke or ignored.

So yeah, I would say that we have seen plenty of shakeups on those last 100 years, hell on the last 30 we have seen a lot of changes.

Just the advent of social media alone has created a lot of changes.

I have a nearly 3 year old son and I plan on raising him under stoic principles.  My biggest gripe today is women are constantly asking for men to be more sensitive and then punishing them for listening to them.  I saw a young dude cry at work and the women who previously preached about men needing to show their emotions were the first ones in line making fun of him. 

The cognitive dissonance is MADDENING.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

If I were completely honest, I would say this entire trans-debacle is deeply rooted in problems that western men have not resolved among themselves in generations. I do believe that if trans women didn't feel so hated and ostracized by their own biological sex, they would not try to invade women only realms like what we are seeing now. Male culture didn't get the same shake up that women did in the last 100 years, and it's probably time to rethink what it is to be a man through our own lens.

I see men bro hug, embrace, etc each other all the time so things are better now in the US than they've probably ever been.

But the messaging straight men get is "Be emotional, but don't make her uncomfortable. Don't be aggressive, but if she needs a protector, you'd better protect her or she'll think you're a bitch and cheat on you. Don't make her feel stupid but don't be dumb. The Future Is Female, get in touch with your feminine side! Are you a feminist?? I only swipe right for male feminists! Pay for the dates, be funny, entertain her, treat her like a queen, etc..." Men already have to change a lot in terms of how they think and act just to be able to maintain a relationship with a woman, whereas the reverse is definitely not true. Modern western society is relatively hostile to masculinity, especially the traditional type. Less concrete gender roles being a thing favors women much more than it does men. Men are still expected to hold up their traditional roles in many ways, while women aren't, and women are even chastised if they choose to sometimes.

The trans thing is complex, but I think there's a lot of black and white thinking associated with it. We're told gender is a spectrum, but then you have guys that think that just because they don't want to eat red meat, shoot guns all day, and drive a giant truck that they must have been born in the wrong body, which seems like kind of a leap to me, but what do i know. Actually, I'm kind of curious as to how you, as a gay man, feel about trans folks being considered a part of the LGBTQ community. Does it seem natural, does it seem incongruous, are you indifferent?

Edited by DoctaMario
4 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

hot chick social experiments going homeless for a year.

It was a tough path to take in order to find myself more and not being confind to family members or outside of them. Dropping everything I was raised on was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I felt more of a free thinker, no longer a follower, nor a leader. It's either competition with yourself, or even the world, if necessary.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
48 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Have you heard about the "sacrifice" though?

He wants to raise the retirement age in France from 62 to 64.

Meanwhile in the US you don't get your maximum retirement benefit unless you wait until you keep working until you're 70.  Work yourself to death or die trying.

I just feel like anymore contributions to the world are just abstract to those who benefits the most from it. Selflessness lost all meaning to me a long time ago. It's like, outside of self indulgence to cope with the situation of current events escalating, what can you do? It's unfortunate the system was designed for what it was intended. 

I'd love the generation of young ones to turn this around one day.

Edited by Emptyeyes_