Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

11 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Oh and @BB_Hoodyyou want a good example of what not to say 🤣

supposedly . . . . he's serious. 

"My product" 

That's why his perspective is a problem. 

And I'll admit. He wild for stuff like that. To some degree he's playing a character, and to some degree he's also serious. But I honestly think Andrew has matured in the few years after that interview. You don't hear such things from him anymore

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Yeah he ain't perfect. He definitely has some Ls on his record. Like most people. But as to your point about him just being about promoting a life of greed, excess and materialism? I'll let him speak for himself

SNIP

There's other examples. But those are most notable to me. And I'm not saying women have to be wives and mothers to live a fulfilling life. But I just wonder. What is the point of being so career and money driven. With no family to share it all with?This goes for men too.

And I agree we all need to get back to giving a damn about one another. But it seems very hard to get back to that. When so many value career, accomplishments, income etc. And value relationships, family and community so little.

That video is kinda dumb. I've never met nor heard of a woman who would go back in time (if she could) and trade whatever got her a good career that pays for Gucci and vacations to take care of a man and kids. But to hear Tate and some of these other clowns talk, you'd swear that being a devoted, submissive wife and mother is what all women need to feel fulfilled. I know YOU said that isn't necessary, but that's the mentality I see when I weigh a video like that with all the other stuff I've heard from this space. And it's dumb to me.

And also, on the sex trafficking thing:

It's possible that dude will escape charges and stuff, but a lot of the shit that makes people think he's a sex trafficker is coming out of his own mouth. He's self-snitching more than rappers.

Edited by axeman61
52 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

china govt policy

As if China can't just buy it from Fuckerburg. 

I remember when an American pointed out the Gov steals and hoards our data for all sorts of shady shit and we chased him out the country and called him a traitor. 

China knowing I like cat videos, Elden Ring, and Capibara videos is no more a national concern then anything Facebook/Google does and knows about me. 

Edited by RSG3
23 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

As if China can't just buy it from Fuckerburg. 

I remember when an American pointed out the Gov steals and hoards our data for all sorts of shady shit and we chased him out the country and called him a traitor. 

China knowing I like cat videos, Elden Ring, and Capibara videos is no more a national concern then anything Facebook/Google does and knows about me. 

I remember when all those algorithm generated t-shirt stores were the talk of Facebook and all our parents, aunts and uncles thought they were the best ever. 

naw, they were buying your data from fb 😂

I suppose this is where a generational divide happens for me at least... I have never had even the slightest interest in Tik Tok and I'm 100% sure I never will.  I've only seen them when someone posts them here or on some other social media site.

Short-form videos in general just aren't my thing; I hate that Youtube "Shorts" have become so damn popular on the site now...almost all creators are using those now because of course it gets easy views and can give you a serious increase to the subs/view count on your channel.

On 4/3/2023 at 6:04 AM, Emptyeyes_ said:

I'm not into that party nonsense, but it still takes an interest in you regardless. Just leaving this here.

Obama was always the most impressive talker on the mic. He was good. I don't think anyone has ever beaten his mic skills. He was like Cena and HHH  who would put some dirt sheets or shoot like stuff to make their promos feel real. Just point out the actual facts and make it sound as if it is nothing. 

Trump felt like CM Punk who goes all shoot, completely deluded himself in thinking he was so damn tough and favored by a bunch of morons and ugly fat people.  Biden is more like a japanese star who signed in the WWE and is trying to do a promo or be put in a segment, responding with facial expressions but has some of the viewers wondering if he understands what the hell is being said to him. 

Edited by zatalcon3
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

With Trump and his fans en masse heading to New York, parties are becoming heated

I don't think he "threatened" her, just that given her incendiary speeches she was warned

to not stoke the fires

Imagine if a republican mayor said that same thing to AOC or someone like that how much of a shit show that would start lol

33 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

God I hope tomorrow is not a shit show cause I know there's going to be people on both sides yelling and screaming at each other and all it's going to take is for one person to spark the powder keg.

I mean, GrimGrimoire OnceMore looks pretty stupid, imo. But I just don't think it's going to be THAT controversial, to the point it'll cause a huge uproar.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

I suppose this is where a generational divide happens for me at least... I have never had even the slightest interest in Tik Tok and I'm 100% sure I never will.  I've only seen them when someone posts them here or on some other social media site.

Short-form videos in general just aren't my thing; I hate that Youtube "Shorts" have become so damn popular on the site now...almost all creators are using those now because of course it gets easy views and can give you a serious increase to the subs/view count on your channel.

I didn't want to do short form content but I cannot deny the power it has. All media sites began to adopt this style so I have to play the game that changed the rules. My IG was growing until algorithm changed to favor reels VS just posts. I dropped over 65% engagement and now have no one new following me until I began re-uploding all my YouTube shorts. Mixing shorts between reg vids helps the most. 

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Imagine is AOC did even half the shit MTG does regularly. 

I'll criticize him for mentioning her because we should all be ignoring the fuck out of her and not giving her any of the attention she so desperately desires. 

AOC says all kinds of things people don't like and is similarly disingenuous, but it's absolutely clown shoes for a mayor to be telling someone from Congress to mind their p's & q's when they come to his city, ESPECIALLY when his city is NYC.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

I didn't want to do short form content but I cannot deny the power it has. All media sites began to adopt this style so I have to play the game that changed the rules. My IG was growing until algorithm changed to favor reels VS just posts. I dropped over 65% engagement and now have no one new following me until I began re-uploding all my YouTube shorts. Mixing shorts between reg vids helps the most. 

Wish you still did Mario Maker videos. Those were fun. Not saying MTG vids aren't good, just harder for me to relate to personally because I never got into it.

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

AOC says all kinds of things people don't like and is similarly disingenuous,

This is so fucking disingenuous when it comes to the behaivor between the two women lol. AOC is not harassing people on the street, she's not blatantly lying and misrepresenting almost every single subject she talks about. She's not running around calling herself a White Christian Nationalist. AOC isn't harassing school shooting victims, people like David Hoag and others. AOC isn't traveling to different poll offices, sticking her hands and face through mail door slots. These two women aren't even remotely the same at all. 

And no fuck her and fuck her not having her bullshit called out by the other adults in the room. Baby thighs bullshit imo. If AOC does shit remotely like MTG does I would hope she would get called out by her colleagues and us as well. 

Imagine MTG just doing her fucking job instead of acting like such a petulant fucking child EVERY SINGLE DAY whenever she doesn't get exactly what she wants. AOC may say some things you don't like but she's not even remotely close to as disingenuous about anything as MTG. They aren't even on the same fucking radar at all. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, Daemos said:

Youtube was the perfect social media platform until they added their shorts

They where literally losing users because of the lack of shorts lol. 

And there was absolutly nothing about YouTube that was perfect before Shorts lol. Ad infested, crappy algorithm that doesn't push content you actually care about, the entire fucking bell system good god, and that's just on the user end. Imagine being a content maker lol. 

And you do have the option to op out of shorts, by not clicking on them. Be an adult, be responsible for yourself, don't click on shit you don't want to watch. It's super easy to not engage with any content you don't want to engage with in life, especially on the internet.  

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, Daemos said:

Youtube was the perfect social media platform until they added their shorts. These types of videos are literal brain cancer and obliterating people's attention spans.

They should give users the option to opt out of them!

i don't really find it entertaining tiktok shorts, it is dumb funny that it can make me smile but i feel i wasted my time for non-sense

I do find myself watching some short because curious on how they fix, made something(diy) and what happened to that. yet later i still dont see it very informative after watching

however youtube shorts is more useful of a hook for large scale informative content.

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

They where literally losing users because of the lack of shorts lol. 

And there was absolutly nothing about YouTube that was perfect before Shorts lol. Ad infested, crappy algorithm that doesn't push content you actually care about, the entire fucking bell system good god, and that's just on the user end. Imagine being a content maker lol. 

And you do have the option to op out of shorts, by not clicking on them. Be an adult, be responsible for yourself, don't click on shit you don't want to watch. It's super easy to not engage with any content you don't want to engage with in life, especially on the internet.  

Agreed (especially with that first part). A business isn't going to change its entire platform because reasons. They clearly saw a market shift and incorporated it. 

I'm not a fan of short-form content, but it is a thing. We'll see how long it lasts.  

Trump Has Lost Whopping $700 Million Over Truth Social’s Failings — So Far — Per Forbes Repor

Former President Donald Trump bet it all on Truth Social to carry his social media presence, but a new report says the venture has thus far failed to pay off, and it has taken out a massive chunk of his net worth.

Forbes published an article on Tuesday with their assessment that Trump’s fortune sank by about $700 million in recent months, bringing his net worth down from $3.2 billion to $2.5. According to Forbes, the primary reason is that Truth Social hasn’t been the profitable Twitter alternative that Trump hoped it would be, even as he continues to promote the platform.

Here’s how it happened, as explained by the article’s writer, Dan Alexander:

As soon as [Trump] announced the plan, supporters piled into Truth Social’s special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC. Shares of the SPAC, Digital World Acquisition Corp., shot up from $10 to $175 in two days, implying that the business was worth $22 billion, his interest amounting to $19 billion.

The hype never lined up with reality. In December 2021, a group of big-money investors promised to inject $1 billion in cash into the venture—but only if they got a sweetheart deal. By that point, shares were trading for $45 on the open market. But under the agreement, the new investors would be guaranteed a profit as long as the shares stayed above $10. When previously estimating the value of Trump’s stake, Forbes used that $10-per-share figure and came to $730 million.

Aside from the fact that SPAC is under examination by federal agencies, Truth Social’s profitability has seemingly tanked due to a combination of disinterest by Trump fans, plus Elon Musk’s reversal of Trump’s exile from Twitter. Forbes notes that Truth Social was expected to have 81 million users by 2026, but it has only gathered about 5 million users, and Trump still owns 85 percent of the company.

“Truth Social is adding an estimated 100,000 users per month. If people continue to join at the current pace—and assuming that no one quits or dies—Truth Social will not hit its projected 81 million users until 2086,” Alexander writes. “By that point, Trump would be 140 years old. A more likely outcome: Truth Social will join Trump Steaks, Trump University and GoTrump.com in the graveyard of failed Trump ventures.”

11 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I've never used tiktok, but I'm guessing the shorts  with a British/Australian girl reacting to a sexual joke read by Text to Speech originated from there?

You're taking me back. That's how I discovered shorts too. They must have been the first ones. I can't recall a faster cycle of "what is this => I like this => I tire of this" in my life. I watch shorts a lot though now.

51 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Truth Social losing money bigly

In before "Fake News", "Truth Social is going strong and making SO MUCH MONEY, more money than Twitter could ever hope","don't believe the woke mob","Truth Social is the bestest place ever, its so beautiful.  I was talking to Melania the other day and I told her I want a divorce so I can marry Truth Social.  And she came to me with tears in her eyes","Elon's platform was good but mine is gooder", "Forbes is owned by the Elite and the illuminati are just trying to take me down.  Send money to this crowdfund so I can take them down".    Pretty sure I'll have bingo before the week is done.

12 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

AOC says all kinds of things people don't like and is similarly disingenuous, but it's absolutely clown shoes for a mayor to be telling someone from Congress to mind their p's & q's when they come to his city, ESPECIALLY when his city is NYC.

I don't disagree with you on the NYC mayor needing to STFU. That said, comparing AOC to MTG is like comparing a paper cut to a gunshot wound. MTG is openly calling for succession. She isn't even feigning upholding the Constitution. Even in the current climate Republicans are avoiding Santos like the plague but not MTG. She's a shame to all Gief mains everywhere 👀