Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

whoah so this MST3k marathon will be 48 hours apparently?!  Unfortunately they're showing one of the new episodes now though....and they're just not quite as good as any of the old era, at least from what I've seen so far.  I'd love to get back to some gaming but it's always tough to stop watching any marathon of this show.  "Escape 2000" was on a while ago, and it's one of the best of the old-era episodes.  I forgot if I have that on dvd or not.  They also showed "Puma Man" earlier...another good one.

This brings back so many memories; way back when it was on tv, this show was my regular Friday night tv routine....if for whatever reason I couldn't watch I'd have the VCR set to record it and watch the next day.

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I've never understood the self righteous hypocrisy here. Since all living things are dependent on each other for survival, but trying to atone for what is morally unreachable? You're just better off letting things be.

And I've had turkey last night. So there lol.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Is this worth $150,000? 

If you can pull a high grade lotus. But that price is basically for the possibility of you opening up something of that value. You could open up a whole lot of money cards though. If you get lucky, easily around 50K worth of stuff.

150K is the price for hype and if you think it'll go up. Its one of those things that  could potentially only go up though. Since every year there will be less of them.

Looks like Nakamura is in the candidates

2023 World Championship runner-up FIDE Ian Nepomniachtchi[a] 33 2771 6
The top three finishers in the Chess World Cup 2023[b] Norway Magnus Carlsen (winner) (Expected to withdraw) 33 2829 1
India R Praggnanandhaa (runner-up) 18 2741 15
United States Fabiano Caruana (3rd place) 31 2795 2
Azerbaijan Nijat Abasov (4th place) (expected replacement for Carlsen) 28 2679 53
The top two finishers in the FIDE Grand Swiss
Tournament 2023
India Vidit Gujrathi (winner) 29 2715 28
United States Hikaru Nakamura (runner-up) 35 2778 3
The winner of the 2023 FIDE Circuit[8] TBD      
Highest rating for January 2024[c] TBD    

14 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Is this worth $150,000? 

Its still luck if it had a card expensive card inside

same thing old booster pack prices went up in late 2008

I had a 2 player deck 5th edition that has crappy cards insides that has no value even now and it has one booster pack inside with random cards in it. it was worth 7 usd back then now its like 250 usd online because of maybe because luck.

the chance that the booster pack has something special raises ot value

Edited by Shakunetsu
18 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Looks like Nakamura is in the candidates

2023 World Championship runner-up FIDE Ian Nepomniachtchi[a] 33 2771 6
The top three finishers in the Chess World Cup 2023[b] Norway Magnus Carlsen (winner) (Expected to withdraw) 33 2829 1
India R Praggnanandhaa (runner-up) 18 2741 15
United States Fabiano Caruana (3rd place) 31 2795 2
Azerbaijan Nijat Abasov (4th place) (expected replacement for Carlsen) 28 2679 53
The top two finishers in the FIDE Grand Swiss
Tournament 2023
India Vidit Gujrathi (winner) 29 2715 28
United States Hikaru Nakamura (runner-up) 35 2778 3
The winner of the 2023 FIDE Circuit[8] TBD      
Highest rating for January 2024[c] TBD    

Hikaru is a beast, I've been watching some of his streams. Why is Magnus expected to withdraw, is he sick?

On 11/23/2023 at 8:34 PM, HD-Man said:

Havent even had a conversation with this lady in YEARS. I tell her she looks good on her picture and she almost instantly asks me to buy her shit. Who tf does that? 😂😂

A compliment from a lady Isn't a free invite into her pants. Same way a compliment from a man isn't a free invite into his wallet. People need to chill.

And hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Ate some good food among good people who love and care about ya And reconnected with folks.

As for me? I'm 2 weeks in to a 6 week training course with the new job. Monday begins week 3. Here in Abeline TX. We were in Dallas for the first two weeks. American Airlines stay in the news for some BS. But Envoy has treated us so well. I never knew you could be treated so well at a job.

51 minutes ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Well, he gave up the world championship. So, everyone thinks he will not participate in the candidates.

Well I mean he's easily the best in the world right now and there's little to no contension about that so I guess it doesn't mean that much to him considering.

What did you think of Kramnik accusing Hikaru of cheating? Dude seems to have a lot of cheating accusations at the ready for some reason.

And are you still on chesscom? I actually found an account with your name but it was cancelled. I'm only like 475 ELO but if you'd be up for games sometime there or on lichess let me know.

12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Derek Chauvin got stabbed in prison. Oh no. Guess prison isn't the safest place for murderous, racist piece-of-shit cops.

https://apnews.com/article/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-prison-stabbing-f24cde6aa28877d034530c2dc40ef7ea

I want to believe his attacker went "don't mind me, just CHAUVIN this knife in here real quick".

these horrible jokes won't go away until I post them I'm so sorry