Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Just now, Sonero said:

As somebody who has zero issues with ambiguous characters or gay ones....they really gotta fuck off doing that to stuff. I don't want them to mess with the lore of stuff.

It has been an ongoing issue on Anime, Manga and Video Games, where the last couple of years, there have been a lot, and I mean A LOT of japanese media where people have injected shit that wasn't there.

Is mostly a problem with translations and localizations for North America, where you see dialogue butchered, censored, changed into political stuff, or shit like characters being made an alphabet representation token, when in the original nothing of that was even present.

Is a serious issue since it changes the intent of the works and 100% of the time ends ruining the product.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Never forget the atrocious job they made with Fire Emblem, for example.

And don't forget, they didn't even adapt the initial conversation into the rest of this support convo.

So they literally chopped off characterization and context for a poor joke.

713107260804563091.webp?size=128&quality

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

If they did that to Bridget then it will show how much they don't give a fuck about his character as he had gender dysphoria forced upon him and his whole character resolves around proving himself as a man. 

I wouldn't call it gender dysphoria, since he always identified as a male, but was forced to behave as a woman to survive on his town where same sex twins where a bad omen and would have get him killed.

Gender Dysphoria is an actual physical condition that affect the brain, and is part of many other forms of dysphoria.

In his case is more a thing of upbringing and shaking away habits born from that.

But yeah, if they did this with Testament, i wouldn't be surprised if they do the same for Bridget.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt and think that perhaps is a they referring to Testament, both succubus and other familiars as a sole entity, which technically all of them are, the same as Dizzy, but knowing what has been happening those couple of years, who knows.

But whatever is happening, the damage is done, and if is rougue localization/english team doing it without ASW knowing, taking it back will bring unnecessary problems to them with the idiots on twatter.

16 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

This is the same team that made sure that Ramlethal had a black VA when her last one wouldn’t return even though she isn’t even human. Suppose this means when Bridget gets brought back, the English version will have it that he’s non-binary now.

I didn't know that.

If she was the best choice, sure, go for it, but to get a black VA because Ram is dark skined, yet is neither Black (she is a tanned version of the other Valentines, like Elphet, Jack-O, and the Original Valentine) is truly some bullshit, not to mention racists as hell for many reasons.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Hecatom said:

I didn't know that.

If she was the best choice, sure, go for it, but to get a black VA because Ram is dark skined, yet is neither Black (she is a tanned version of the other Valentines, like El, Jacko, and the Original Valentine) is truly some bullshit, not to mention racists as hell.

Nope. It was really just for the sake of pandering. Her old VA was puffing her chest about it.

Iirc, she's the same one as P4 Chie's? I think I remember her being called out on that because she dropped chump change by letting go of the GG job, but she wouldn't do the same for Persona, which is a much bigger and more prestigious bag.

Naturally, a lot of people were blocked by her after that. 🤣

Wake me up when they find a Namekian to dub Piccolo.

9 minutes ago, Volt said:

Nope. It was really just for the sake of pandering. Her old VA was puffing her chest about it.

Iirc, she's the same one as P4 Chie's? I think I remember her being called out on that because she dropped chump change by letting go of the GG job, but she wouldn't do the same for Persona, which is a much bigger and more prestigious bag.

Naturally, a lot of people were blocked by her after that. 🤣

Wake me up when they find a Namekian to dub Piccolo.

Not surprised, a lot of the people that made the voices of P4 have been caught virtue signaling a lot, just to end being caught on some shit, like the Yukiko VA that recently was saying that Putin made usa a favor by invading ukraine since it would ensure that Biden will stay in office and reducing the chances of Trump winning.

giu88ykymqj81.jpg

The imbecile even said that Trump would lead to the genocide of the alphabet people, lmao.

Like if that even happened when he was in office.

Niggas are incredibly detached of reality

Edited by Hecatom
39 minutes ago, Volt said:

Bro, I'm deadass tired of this shit.

It's not just gender, a lot of games had their writing flat out butchered because some asshole wanted to get flowery but forgot they ain't a writer for a reason.

That always, always have one very obvious and predictable outcome. It pisses people off because now the canon is all inconsistent and people get in their feelings when the game/anime they played first/as kids don't have the right info.

Just a moronic decision and you can't bet ArcSys can't check them on it now because they'll get canceled "for being transphobic".

Arc did it to themselves by making Testament look more effeminate. He looks like a rock star in the XX games, thin and slightly feminine but still masculine in a certain way, but if I didn't know it was him in this new clip, I would have thought that was a woman. His gameplay looks pretty cool, but pretty different from how he used to be.

It was hard enough explaining to people that Amakusa was a male and based on a 16 year old boy who hadn't quite gone through puberty when he was killed and that's why he has a high voice, not because he's a woman or trans. I'm not even touching this one.

41 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

I don't think this testament they/ them business has anything to do with NA, America didn't cook up this design or pick a female VA for the character lol 

It seems very obvious to me that this is what Japan HQ wanted and testament looks sick so I'm down with it

The Japanese VA, Yuu Kobayashi, has voiced several male characters so I don’t think we can confirm that was their intention though it does points more towards it.

Will agree that Test’s redesign is pretty neat. I can’t wait for what colors he’ll have.

33 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The Japanese VA, Yuu Kobayashi, has voiced several male characters so I don’t think we can confirm that was their intention though it does points more towards it.

Will agree that Test’s redesign is pretty neat. I can’t wait for what colors he’ll have.

Yeah but why even make that choice when testament was clearly voiced by a dude in xx? Everything about the strive design pushes the ambiguity testament used to have and really leans heavy into feminine appearance. If it wasn't for the English trailer I genuinely would not know that this was the same testament from before

Arguing about whether this is a good direction is one thing, but I can't imagine another way to interpret the intent that is dripping from the deliberate changes 

1 hour ago, Shahenzan said:

I don't think this testament they/ them business has anything to do with NA, America didn't cook up this design or pick a female VA for the character lol 

It seems very obvious to me that this is what Japan HQ wanted and testament looks sick so I'm down with it

I think they're catering to an NA audience with it though, especially to people who will want to project their own ideas onto the character. Testa's always been somewhat androgynous, but it seems like they're going for more of a trap thing now as this design looks a lot more feminine.

15 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I think they're catering to an NA audience with it though, especially to people who will want to project their own ideas onto the character. Testa's always been somewhat androgynous, but it seems like they're going for more of a trap thing now as this design looks a lot more feminine.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case

In terms of gameplay and aesthetic strive is about reaching a wider audience so it would make sense. Things like the more washed out colors, "cinematic" super cuts ins, and pretty much every outfit change exists for more broad appeal. A little villainous if testament is a calculated move to prey on modern American sensibilities, but I don't blame them at all bc it seems to be working well 

Think in this one...I like the new design in the way it looks but not for Testament. Think Testament works better when its clear that its basically a beautiful man. New Testament got hips for days which is weird.

Old Testament also has that heavy metal vibe to him that I like better overall. Think if NuTestament was a DNF character he'd be a 10/10 design for that game.

If a character is non-binary then they could present themselves as gender neutral or to evoke masculine and feminine traits to whatever degrees they want. So if Testament is being retconned as officially non-binary. then this checks out. I do prefer the more gender neutral design from before, but this is good too.

Seth is a non-binary character in SF and has no objections to presenting as either gender. I don't think he cares about pronouns as well.

Edited by Daemos

If it ain't localization gone rouge, then ok. A bit out of left field, but stranger things have happened in this franchise.

Until I see confirmation that the Japanese profile has neutral pronouns, I'm still calling that they just wanted a new Bridget.

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Not surprised, a lot of the people that made the voices of P4 have been caught virtue signaling a lot, just to end being caught on some shit, like the Yukiko VA that recently was saying that Putin made usa a favor by invading ukraine since it would ensure that Biden will stay in office and reducing the chances of Trump winning.

Spoiler

giu88ykymqj81.jpg

The imbecile even said that Trump would lead to the genocide of the alphabet people, lmao.

Chapter ∞ on why giving everyone a voice on the internet was a mistake. Please tell me Naoto's voice actress isn't a complete nutjob as well.

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

giu88ykymqj81.jpg

As non-american it's bizzarre/sad see lot of my entertainment stuff (some of wich is'nt even from Usa) get changed to please american crazy weirdos 

Said that, not sure new Testament have anything to do with the west, GG ever had bunch of bizzarre gender shit lol

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Japan does a lot of shit that drives america crazy or would anyway.

The good thing is, Japan usually doesn't give a fuck and tells them crazy people to go f themselfs.

That would be nice, but as Street Fighter/Capcom fan that "usually" sadly does'nt include us, i think Capcom is obsessed about how to please "the west", where the west from their point of view usually mean some loud american wierdo with twitter account

It was true for the "fuck anime shit" crowd, we know SFV almost was done MK/gritty style, then had characters designed with the help of experts to-not-be-racist (and result has been fucking Laura LMAO) and the nationalities thing toned down as much as possible, Chun/Cammy tits instant patched to not be offensive (while LOT other shitty visual stuff being left as meme for half decade), capcom guys recognizing "hot Ryu" neogaf/eventhubs bullshit, then you had that leaked capcom file about how to do sjw shit, would not be surprised if they end up listen alphabet wierdos too... when only alphapbet shit SF needs is Q and G

Hilarious part is japan does'nt even need lessons about inclusion, see SF have Poison being a tranny or Eagle who likes sticks beyond fight style, and there was never big deal about it, done naturally without retard modern western gimmicks

Reality is Japan don't give a fuck when they create with japanese audience in mind, when they have global level dreams they may instant listen the worst people lol

What happened to Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings? - Quora

Edited by CESTUS III
11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

It has been an ongoing issue on Anime, Manga and Video Games, where the last couple of years, there have been a lot, and I mean A LOT of japanese media where people have injected shit that wasn't there.

Is mostly a problem with translations and localizations for North America, where you see dialogue butchered, censored, changed into political stuff, or shit like characters being made an alphabet representation token, when in the original nothing of that was even present.

Is a serious issue since it changes the intent of the works and 100% of the time ends ruining the product.

Take things out of context and pretend they support your own narrative is old as you can get propaganda gimmick lol

But that's second tier problem compared to japanese developers/creator of contents themselves being pushed out of their natural path by some shitty marketing division

I mean, you can ever get the original version of something, like suck it up and watch it with subs + original audio

But if the actual "original" has been deformed, nothing you can do to get artists true vision of it

22 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:
Spoiler

That would be nice, but as Street Fighter/Capcom fan that "usually" sadly does'nt include us, i think Capcom is obsessed about how to please "the west", where the west from their point of view usually mean some loud american wierdo with twitter account

It was true for the "fuck anime shit" crowd, we know SFV almost was done MK/gritty style, then had characters designed with the help of experts to-not-be-racist (and result has been fucking Laura LMAO) and the nationalities thing toned down as much as possible, Chun/Cammy tits instant patched to not be offensive (while LOT other shitty visual stuff being left as meme for half decade), capcom guys recognizing "hot Ryu" neogaf/eventhubs bullshit, then you had that leaked capcom file about how to do sjw shit, would not be surprised if they end up listen alphabet wierdos too... when only alphapbet shit SF needs is Q and G

Hilarious part is japan does'nt even need lessons about inclusion, see SF have Poison being a tranny or Eagle who likes sticks beyond fight style, and there was never big deal about it, done naturally without retard modern western gimmicks

Reality is Japan don't give a fuck when they create with japanese audience in mind, when they have global level dreams they may instant listen the worst people lol

What happened to Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings? - Quora

Capcom has the great ability to listen to the worst people possible and make the worst decisions possible.

Western Companys listen to Twitter Mobs to be anti-racist and not offensive to certain groups (woman, trans, lationa etc etc.) and then them listening to this piss these groups off, because they listen to these groups.

The west has this nice idea that there should not be good looking characters in games, so all the women are ugly, there are black people just to have black people and there are asians just to have asians.

Heck they make entire characters whos purpose is to remind you what skin color they have.

So they are anti-racist by being racist.

The weird idea that women are offended by sexy female characters in games is also the greatest BS that was ever constructed.

Ever played an MMO? If you met a girl in one of those games, they usually either play cute waifus or super sexy ones. Why? Because surprise surprise women like playing good looking characters. Heck as my gf was choosing a character in BB she picked Nine because she said she got nice boobs.

Japan for the most part still rejects all that shit, because of their laws regarding art. 
I mean Japan literally puts constantly Gay couples into animes and games and no one cares, because they don't rub their sexuality 24/7 into your face, in fact most people find this stuff more often cute than anything else.

4 hours ago, delete_me said:

Chapter ∞ on why giving everyone a voice on the internet was a mistake. Please tell me Naoto's voice actress isn't a complete nutjob as well.

Out of the voice cast of Persona 4, the ones that didn’t say or do any dumb shit was Yu’s, Yosuke’s, and any of the Naotos. Mostly because they either don’t use or barely use social media.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Capcom has the great ability to listen to the worst people possible and make the worst decisions possible.

Western Companys listen to Twitter Mobs to be anti-racist and not offensive to certain groups (woman, trans, lationa etc etc.) and then them listening to this piss these groups off, because they listen to these groups.

The west has this nice idea that there should not be good looking characters in games, so all the women are ugly, there are black people just to have black people and there are asians just to have asians.

Heck they make entire characters whos purpose is to remind you what skin color they have.

So they are anti-racist by being racist.

The weird idea that women are offended by sexy female characters in games is also the greatest BS that was ever constructed.

Ever played an MMO? If you met a girl in one of those games, they usually either play cute waifus or super sexy ones. Why? Because surprise surprise women like playing good looking characters. Heck as my gf was choosing a character in BB she picked Nine because she said she got nice boobs.

Japan for the most part still rejects all that shit, because of their laws regarding art. 
I mean Japan literally puts constantly Gay couples into animes and games and no one cares, because they don't rub their sexuality 24/7 into your face, in fact most people find this stuff more often cute than anything else.

Yeah, mostly agree on everything you said

41 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Did it ever occur to you that se of us tiny minorities would like to see people from our countries in those games?

Fuck it, White Makes Right.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Did it ever occur to you that se of us tiny minorities would like to see people from our countries in those games?

Fuck it, White Makes Right.

Sure do you want to have you represented by someone who reminds you in every conversation what his skincolor is?

This argument is as stupid as calling Capcom racists for having black people as enemies in a game set in africa.

That's what you're mad at?

Great, I can continue ignoring w/e bullshit you're on and stick to the thing I'm here for: Fighting games.

Fun Facts about what this dumbfuck is mad at: Adding random minority children to things has been going on for a while. Well before this current crop made it a big deal to do so. Remember the movie Hook? Robin Williams is Peter Pan and well the fucking movie is godlike and still holds up but, lets take a look at the lost boys:

CpaxhOzXEAA7W8x?format=jpg&name=large

I mean, 10/10 boss shit. This came out in 91 and nobody batted an eye. Lost Boys in the Disney animated cartoon? White as hell. Not a big deal either way.

But hey, lets take a look at Annie from 1999:

annie-1999-film-0f6bcdd1-a7fe-4479-a380-

Obviously here is little Orphan Annie with her generic black person. No wait, that's Audra Mcdonald and she was fucking great at her role. Absolutely brought a lot to the character of which none of it had to do with her skin color.

Wait this is terrible. All these fucking minorities getting jobs. Wait, what did they do to Cinderella?

cinderella-1997-brandy-1613731604.jpg?cr

Brandy as Cinderella when she was a very successful pop star? No just black. Whitney Houston as the faery god mother? No talent hack, only there because she is black. Bernadette Peters is obviously talented because she is white.

Jason Alexander is jewish and played the king, he married Whoopie Goldberg who is black (also not an EGOT level talent, just black) and somehow ended up with an Asian son.

But yeah sure, its now. All these minorities only got roles because they were black.

I've always found it a bit odd how representation is linked to ethnicity. I mean it's a part of it of course, but aren't the portrayed personality and life values more interesting? In my 25 years of playing videogames, I've only once felt more or less "attuned" to a videogame character and that was Max in Life is Strange, because she's an introverted oddball. But she's also a girl and ten years younger than me. None of the five thousand white males in videogames in my age range ever felt like they represented me even remotely.

Edited by delete_me
2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Meanwhile, GOAT System Works made Nagoriyuki.

Y'know, an actual character with a personality who just so happens to be a 2m tall black vampire samurai and fan-favorite (despite the fact that he's unga af.)

That's what representation is like.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Wasn't Testament always quite androgynous anyway? ArcSys just seems to have pushed it really, really hard now.

I guess we have our new Twitter controversy of the day though.

He was but now he just looks more like a Lady Dimitrescu cosplay than the androgynous lewd singer of a metal band. Imo the older design adds to his mystery more.

Who i want for  Street Fighter 6 base roster so i have a main until Juri gets added ( then they can be my alts xD ) 

1 -  Obviously i want Juri to be base roster. Hands down my favorite character of all time. But i am going to be real here and accept the fact that she being DLC is more likely since Capcom knows she will sell like hot cakes  and will most likely want to cash in on her. If she is DLC i hope she is EARLY AS FUCK DLC.  Still i had to put her NR 1 though  😅

220px-Juri.png

2 - Poison. I can see Poison maybe being added to the base roster since she was late-ish DLC for SFV so she deserves to be base roster this time around , not to mention she is pretty popular as well and has a cool playstyle. 

54308111134317f5f29cf8884e553833.jpg

3 - Laura. My 2nd alt in SFV. A  sexy and fun character that i want to see returning in SF6.Would like to see her back but sadly  i don't expect her to be base roster this time around as she was base in SFV. Still, bring Laura back.

artworks-000592848020-uvvrz0-t500x500.jp

4 - Gouken. I don't usually play dudes in fighting games but i played a lot of old man Gouken back in SF4. He looked cool,was fun and low parry into forbidden shoryuken super was the most satisfying thing to pull off. I want to see the old man returning.  IT'S NO USE !!!!  ( fans will remember )

Gouken.png

5 - Adon. The second male character i really enjoy playing as and overall like his playstyle and looks. He is a big asshole story wise but something about this bastard i always liked. I would like to see him back. 

image?w=320&h=320&bg_color=000000&opacit

6 - Maki.Still mad surprised she was never added to SF5 looking at how many Final Fight characters got the spot. But maybe SF6 is her time to shine. Overall good visual design and i wouldn't mind seeing her returning. Definitely big alt material for me. 

b9d1bd454417f5d77bbaa9a8d0164c40.png

Edited by Skort