Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

They just keep on going with the new Dead Cells stuff...so now there's another new area with some new enemies?!  Doc posted a vid of course...(I timestamped this to the spot where he actually gets to "The Bank")

whoah, those Gold Golems look like quite the problem to deal with

ah...another video on the characters of Lost Ark; he gives a good basic overview of each one here

Oh yeah... if I ever get around to playing this (most likely once I get that sweet, beautiful Steam Deck), I'm all about that Shadowhunter for sure....and maybe Soulfist and Gunlancer as my alternate picks....Paladin seems like another interesting one as well.

Edited by MillionX
57 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I always loved that game Lords Of Thunder for the PCE, but man, trying to emulate it is such a pain. If it were available on Switch I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but alas, it's only on Wii U 🤣

Lords of Thunder is way way easier to play through PPSSPP. It has a Japanese PSP Port so it will boot clean and easy in PPSSPP. A good number of PCE games have straight ports to PSP in Japan making that Emulator the easier option for you. You could also Emulate this game through Sega CD which is easier then PCECD, but not by a whole lot. 

I really recommend the PPSSPP  option. 

50125_front.jpg

There is also a Soldier Collection with Star Parodier as the bonus game.

PC-Engine-Best-Collection-Soldier-Collec

You can even play the extremely rare and expensive PCECD Shmup Ginga Densetsu Sapphire via this PSP Collection. 

177000847.jpg

25 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Lords of Thunder is way way easier to play through PPSSPP. It has a Japanese PSP Port so it will boot clean and easy in PPSSPP. A good number of PCE games have straight ports to PSP in Japan making that Emulator the easier option for you. You could also Emulate this game through Sega CD which is easier then PCECD, but not by a whole lot. 

I really recommend the PPSSPP  option. 

50125_front.jpg

There is also a Soldier Collection with Star Parodier as the bonus game.

PC-Engine-Best-Collection-Soldier-Collec

You can even play the extremely rare and expensive PCECD Shmup Ginga Densetsu Sapphire via this PSP Collection. 

177000847.jpg

I had no idea there was a psp port! I'll definitely be investigating that, especially since two different versions of the PCE version and one for Sega CD haven't worked (although it could also be a RetroArch issue 😑🔫)  Thanks bruv!

Edit: man, that one's even harder to come by than the others. The plight of enjoying niche as fuck games lol

Edited by DoctaMario

Extra

I saw clips of this in my twitter feed yesterday and was like WTF?  I watched the whole thing last night for context and there is none lol.  He just puts a video up and goes through all the Pokemon.  I laughed pretty hard at some of this cause you'll be watching him and trying to build a profile in your head on what his preferences are for Smash and then he pulls out a choice that throws it in the trash.  Some of the pauses were destroying me last night.

18 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Behold the NFT future game publishers want

Adding to this:

https://reason.com/2022/02/01/the-biggest-nft-video-games-economy-is-collapsing-because-nft-games-dont-work/?utm_source=pocket_discover

The bottom line: Video games revolving around crypto and NFTs are doomed to have an economy that becomes fluid very quickly. There is already an environment of job outsourcing just to farm until the value plummets.

I was gonna try that game out since its free.  Man, that shit is like 75 gigs.  I didn't even know what the game really was so I decided to check it out.  Its just a diabro clone.  I decided not to try it out.  I'll probably try it out some time though.

I'm really diggin' Noita.  I added some mods and it got even more fun.  I've been on the same run for a couple/few days now...its really just a couple hours though.  I think I'll be sad when I finally croak over. 

CjYYLFs.png

I'm trying to get through the first area in Sifu without aging but its kinda tough.  I'm enjoying the game though. 

spacer.png

Tried a game called Butcher out.  Its a side scrolling shooter type game.  Its pretty fun.

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

The countdown is likely for the all-but-announced REmake 4

It's either REma4e, Dragon's Dogma 2, Pragmata, or SF6 teaser trailer. Apparently the dates line up for USA President Day and the CPT finale which make the two the most likely announcements 

Also I watched the Nintendo direct the other day and... Holy fuck what did they do to Front Mission 1? It looks like trash 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I really wish (like everyone) that PS5s were easier to get. Reviews for Horizon Zero Dawn 2 are saying "it's aight on PS4" basically, and that was the main game I wanted a PS5 for.

Fucking scalpers can go to hell.

If you want a higher chance of beating the scalpers you need to have certain twitter accounts followed if you don't already.  Wario64, Cheapassgamer, ps5instocktracker

2 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

It's either REma4e, Dragon's Dogma 2, Pragmata, or SF6 teaser trailer. Apparently the dates line up for USA President Day and the CPT finale which make the two the most likely announcements 

Also I watched the Nintendo direct the other day and... Holy fuck what did they do to Front Mission 1? It looks like trash 

Didn't they only show a CGI trailer for that or am I missing something? 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I still don't get why we need a RE4 remake, game still looks great, and plays well. I even heard it plays even better on VR.

I'd much rather they remake Code Veronica, it's the true RE3 in my mind, it ties up alot of loose ends from the previous games and has aged like shit honestly. It needs an update the most 

But hey 🤷🏾‍♂️

I was pretty surprised to hear that there is a lot of people that HAAAATE CV. And that the Tyrant fight was total BS.

I thought it was OK TBH.

What I totally don't like about that game is Steve Burnside. Good thing Capcom kept him dead even though it was teased that Wesker could bring him back (?)

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I still don't get why we need a RE4 remake, game still looks great, and plays well. I even heard it plays even better on VR.

rumors suggest they're going to take it into the spookier direction which was the initial RE4 teaser with Leon walking through an ancient castle and living armor and shit, which is interesting since we never got that vision of the game and instead it was a more action-y title. Plus it's not like the original is going away, what with Capcom constantly rereleasing it every generation and on every platform. It's like Skyrim now

3 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

rumors suggest they're going to take it into the spookier direction which was the initial RE4 teaser with Leon walking through an ancient castle and living armor and shit, which is interesting since we never got that vision of the game and instead it was a more action-y title. Plus it's not like the original is going away, what with Capcom constantly rereleasing it every generation and on every platform. It's like Skyrim now

They could honestly just take those concepts and make a new game with it. I'll probably still play it but still can't help but think those resources could've went to something else 

5 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I was pretty surprised to hear that there is a lot of people that HAAAATE CV. And that the Tyrant fight was total BS.

I thought it was OK TBH.

What I totally don't like about that game is Steve Burnside. Good thing Capcom kept him dead even though it was teased that Wesker could bring him back (?)

The game never teased bringing back Steve. Wesker took his body because it was the only sample of the T- Veronica virus he was able to get.

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Well it was inevitable they'd remake every old RE eventually since 1-3 got one

though if there's any other Capcom game I'd like to see remade just to see them realize a full potential it's DMC2 or Dino Crisis

I'm not sure it's worth the amount of work it would probably take to make DMC2 good and this is coming from someone who played it a ton back when it came out.

I think its a waste of time personally. There is no narrative importance to DMC2 whatsoever and its mechancis have already gotten the treatment a remake would have afforded it with DMC3, and its been iterated on 2 more times already. There is no point to remaking DMC2. Make DMC6 instead. The only thing left from 2 that would be worth fixing is Lucia and they could do that by just bringing her back in a new game. I am way more invested in seeing what could come after V then seeing anything from 2 again.

25 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Forbidden West is sitting with an 89 on Metacritic.  Not bad.  A lot of the big sites have it in the 90s, and there are couple obscure sites at the bottom with scores in the 60s.

But those sites are just fucking haters.

bullet point on the general positives and negatives.

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

bullet point on the general positives and negatives.

In general, the scope and performance are praised.  Consensus is if you liked HZD you'll love Forbidden West. It's more of the same, but better in all aspects:  combat, exploration, verticallity, story, acting, and even side quests.

Negatives are some slight performance issues here and there, mostly with some glitchy pop-in that happens in rare occasions, and it's still formulaic with the side quests.