Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

9 hours ago, Chadouken said:

89 games? ? Holy shit, you must have spent a fortune! 

Probably less than a fortune.  I dont buy many games at full price ($60 or $70), think I bought maybe 4 full priced games this year.  I always wait till a game is 30 dollars or less to get it and a lot of the games I like are less than that on release.

Edit - I wonder if that thing counts demos too?  I played a lot of those as well.

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

Jack Black wants the sequel to the Super Mario Bros. Movie to be a musical

https://variety.com/2023/film/awards/jack-black-super-mario-bros-movie-sequel-1235836973/

My gutteral reaction to this is a no hesitation "no"...but I'd be would be a tad bit curious as to what that would look like. 

Bandai Namco is potentially working on 2 different games for Nintendo currently based on job listings,  One is 2D and the other is 3D

https://twistedvoxel.com/bandai-namco-studio-2d-3d-action-games-nintendo/

F-Zero99 has gotten an update...and it has made the game even more treacherous for a limited time

vids....moooostly Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth character spotlights

51 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

https://variety.com/2023/film/awards/jack-black-super-mario-bros-movie-sequel-1235836973/

Hide contents

Black is probably just running high on his one song becoming viral, but he should just sit his ass down. With that said, it's fair to say he'll probably have a couple more songs in the sequel

I didn't know Steam did the end-of-year report thing as well.... I enjoy seeing the stats on things like that; for me it says 45 achievements unlocked across 9 games...

Playtime = 28% was Dead Cells, followed closely by 27% Baldur's Gate 3, then 14% for Curse of the Dead Gods... Doom Eternal was 10%....of course 100% of my playtime was on the Steam Deck (the optimal way to enjoy pc gaming for me)

I suppose Last Faith didn't rank because I was mostly offline when playing that...usually on breaks and lunch at work...same deal for Warhammer Boltgun.

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

My gutteral reaction to this is a no hesitation "no"...but I'd be would be a tad bit curious as to what that would look like. 

I'd be more open to a play/stage format then a musical. Marios done the stage play aesthetic multiple times now, I think Peaches is about as many musical numbers as I want in a Mario movie. Bought as long to...

Jack just wants more excuses to wear that Bowser costume everywhere he goes lol. 

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

if he means something  in the vain of South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut it could work. The movie is practically musical and even though I hate musicals. I loved that movie.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

if he means something  in the vain of South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut it could work. The movie is practically musical and even though I hate musicals. I loved that movie.

Matt and Trey are huge fans of musicals. It’s one of the things they bonded over when they first met. The movie they made before South Park was also a musical. It was aptly called ‘Cannibal! The Musical!’

their stage play musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ is also ridiculously funny. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Matt and Trey are huge fans of musicals. It’s one of the things they bonded over when they first met. The movie they made before South Park was also a musical. It was aptly called ‘Cannibal! The Musical!’

their stage play musical ‘The Book of Mormon’ is also ridiculously funny. 

Love Cannibal 😂  My favorite part is when they run into the Native Americans and they're all Japanese. 

I got to see Book of Mormon performed in Boise, where there is a sizeable Mormon population. A bunch of them were in the audience, and they were laughing their asses off. It was great! 

5 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Is it wrong that in middle age I still smirk when I read that the current Activision Blizzard leadership will report to a person with the last name Booty once Kotick is gone?

Fuck if it is I don't want to be right.

Wrong? No. I find it hilarious. Hell, I'd troll him and have Miss New Booty from Bubba Sparxxx start playing whenever he walks into the office 🙃

"Collipark, Bubba Sparxxx

Booty, booty, booty, booty, rockin' everywhere
Rockin' everywhere, rockin' everywhere"

Edited by Darc_Requiem
33 minutes ago, purbeast said:

PSN wrap up been out for a while.

https://wrapup.playstation.com/en-us

Damn, I've played SF6 on PC more than I played my PS5 this whole year. Only had a 143 hours on my PS5 this year. That's REALLY low for me. I didn't even think I played SF6 enough because of all the time I've put into Baldur's Gate 3. Glad I cancelled my PSN when they announced the price hike. There are four months, including this one, that I haven't played my PS5 at all.

sWzPnLB.png

Edit: I played my Switch more in February than I played my PS5 all year.....

S2c9JnV.png

So basically I'm PC/Switch gamer. My Steam year in review only had 210 hours but that doesn't include the 500+ hours I have on GOG this year.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I started Like. Dragon Gaiden last night after not playing any video games this year.

It's funny how Kiryu faked his death and 5 minutes into the game he's recognized by 2-3 people lol.

He needs help from Clark Kent on the whole hiding in plain sight lol.

I don't see the point of him faking his death when he still involves himself in the bullshit that made necessitated the faking in the first place. Stay retired

What is it with atheists and turning our favorite characters into gay couples? I was on instagram and on my time line there was this atheist page advertising a romance between yusuke and hiei, and another one with Austin and the Rock.

I don't understand why this @fishjie bullshit is something atheists like to do to us?

Edited by weneedhim

I've been listening to the Metroid retrospective on and off for the past few days that Hecatom put up and its really disappointing that the tone for how Samus is portrayed got lost in translation for Other M.   It wouldn't have overshadowed the other flaws that the game had but could have slightly done less damage to her character if it was left intact.  Really the most curious about whoever's decision it was to change the tone for when Samus is burning herself alive and not turning on the Varia Suit.

48 minutes ago, Lantis said:

The development of Wolverine will continue as planned

I haven't even bothered to look at any of the footage that got leaked cause its so early in development.  Any ideas or concepts they showed could easily be different or dropped completely by the time they get comfortable in showing the first trailer. 

Bought and finished R4Make

Things I like

- it's pretty

- the extra guns are decent and fun

- The elimination of the quick time events and cheesy deaths during cutscenes

- the parrying is fun

- extra side quests really add up more to do in game

- shooting gallery feels better and gives practical rewards

- combat rewards skilled shooting/crowd control

- new files filled out the lore much better 

Things I don't like 

- controls feels sluggish. Leon feels way too heavy (why does capcom struggle with controls on almost every RE game?) 

- enemies can combo kill you in certain scenarios too easily and slow revovery from hits result in cheesy deaths

- the knife changes to accommodate the parrying still didn't feel good to me

- sinking money into body armor/knife repairs 

Neutral issues

- remixing various locations. Some were imrpoved (long hallway sequence where Ashley needs to crank open the bridge/mine cart sequence) and some were booty (the castle sequence avoiding the giant/garbage pit with a iron maiden and reg ganado) 

- dialog. Merchant is better and fun/Ada felt flat and lacked her charm Luis was changed but was neither better nor worse

- weapon balance felt...ok. I do wish they took more time to gove each weapon real pros and cons but some weapons completely outshined other

- crafting ammo would have been better if it was simplifed a bit to one set of resources 

Again the OG game is still IMO superior flaws and all but this updated game was ok. Full price? No. For half? That's fine.