Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Well as cool as the Saturn Pad is I'm ultimately disappointed, tho through no fault of the Pad. Ive been unable to get Yaba Sanshiro to see my PS5 or Xbox One controllers triggers, so i was falling two buttons short on being able to map a Saturn pad for games. So I bought this Retro-bit pad, its all digital, no analogue triggers or nothing. Well Yaba Sanshiro Refuses to see the C or the Z button for mapping. press em a million times nothing happens. Buttons work fine in other emulators, just not here for what seems to be no reason at all. Ive tried googling a solution but no one seems to have had the issue before.

Im pretty deflated. I was gonna play Shining Force III since i just bought it and digging out the Saturn to play would be a real pain...This was supposed to be a simple solution and i was being all legal as fuck about it too using my disc and shit...but no. Cant have nice things I guess.

I looked into setting up RetroArch and bypassing the Emulators control config with the front end but man....every time i look at doing anything in Retroarch that isnt out the box it gets fucking annoying real fast. I still dunno why everyones so madly in love with this front end. Its a pain in the ass just setting controllers up, much less games. Maybe i'll be more motivated to try later.

Retroarch is a huge mess 

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Has April? 😂

Yes, actually. She is playable in the Genesis version of TMNT Tournament Fighters. She has a very Vega (Claw) and Baraka-like play style.

She was actually top 3 in terms of tiers, I think. But the Genesis version sucks ass. So who cares? 😂

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Abbachio said:

@RSG3Have you tried the Mednafen emulator? It's not "out of the box" to set up as you have to download a frontend gui but I after setting stuff up I had a much better time with most games I was trying out and that was on an old piece of shit PC.

I have not, but mainly because it looks like a pain in the ass. I have not done command line code in 20 years and Mednefan is command line. I dunno what front ends are available for it as I didn't really do the research, I gave up too fast. 

If you gave recommendations tho I'm all ears bro. 

Glad Live-A-Live is getting a physical release. Now why the EFF isn't the pre-order up on Amazon? I ain't trying to part with $60 up front on Best Buy.

With all the games shown off, I almost forgot Kirby and the Forgotten Land is on the horizon. With the new copy abilities, and new gameplay, I do wonder if Kirby's perma flight was axed. Not that I'll be bugged if that is the case.

41 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Glad Live-A-Live is getting a physical release. Now why the EFF isn't the pre-order up on Amazon? I ain't trying to part with $60 up front on Best Buy.

BestBuy charges up front but refunds you within 72 hours. The finalized charge doesn’t happen until 48-72 hours before the actual release date. They’ll also email letting you know when the charge is happening as the release date gets near. 

last 48 hours i managed to get the achievements for perfecting hand of the king, scarecrow, the giant, and conjuctivius.

the only bosses left to perfect is mama tick, the queen and her servants. yea the 3 servants count as a boss i think.

i know i can perfect the queen. mama tick is who is up next on my hit list. but tbh i dont think i will ever perfect the 3 servants cuz that boss fight is a clusterfuck of madness.

the way to perfect bosses is with:

1) wings of the crow(mandatory), paired with either mushroom boi or tesla coil. 

2) lantern for every fight except the hand of the king. for hand of the king magic missiles is the best weapon. you use crow first. get behind his head and hold missiles attack button down. as for the lantern same thing as missiles except you hold down the y button to fire the spirit bullets.

but lantern doesnt work well against hotk. doesnt work well against mama tick either for the same reason that they both leave the field and you either whiff the lantern bullets or find yourself still holding charge and end up wasting the bullets which is the only strength of the weapon. so missiles for mama and hotk.

Edited by VirginDefiler
6 hours ago, Wellman said:

Damn, Nintendo needs to just buy M2 and have them locked in to fix their Switch online retro titles. Fucking talented folk over there in that company.

I disagree, that the worst thing you could do to M2. 
I want them to remain neutral/3rd party. 

They do amazing work on all platforms. 
Even their less than perfect Genesis Mini work is pretty good.

11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I'll give it a look and see what's what. Thanks. 

Yea RetroArch is very annoying. The cores are wonderful, but that front end is trash. 

Apparently the head of RA is responsible for the developer Near (listed as byuu in older articles) the creator of BSNES and Higain to commit suicide 
He also caused the creator of Duckstation (PS1 Emu) to quit working om Emulation

8 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

He also caused the creator of Duckstation (PS1 Emu) to quit working om Emulation

To clarify he only quit working on the PC version of Duckstation which sucks but he also claims was basically done and it pretty much seems Like it. He's still working on the Android version, and he's apperantly still contributing to PCSX2 after recently integrating Vulkan Support. 

Horizon Forbidden West can use the motion controls in the dualsense to fine tune aiming

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/02/10/accessibility-features-in-horizon-forbidden-west/

They're finally actually using that accelerometer the way it should be used.

Horizon Forbidden West also features optional motion sensor controls; using the DualSense wireless controller’s built-in accelerometer and gyroscope you can make intuitive micro-adjustments to aimed shots for that extra touch of precision.