Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Yea that doesn't sound good but I have a feeling, or perhaps a hope that it just worded/translated badly. Can't say I blame then tho, they work their butts off on these well crafted experiences and make little money while some stupid mobile app game that took 10 dollars to make brings in millions. These guys have families to take care of to. 

I'll wait to see what they do before I start panicking. 

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea that doesn't sound good but I have a feeling, or perhaps a hope that it just worded/translated badly. Can't say I blame then tho, they work their butts off on these well crafted experiences and make little money while some stupid mobile app game that took 10 dollars to make brings in millions. These guys have families to take care of to. 

Yeah I'm with Shmup Sensei on this one. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

We already see one title like this, Babylon's Fall, and I don't think any of us really think that game looks very good

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I definitely don't blame them for trying to chase the money the only issue I have is that when companies make decisions like this it always feels like its an all or nothing situation when it really doesn't need to be.  "We're going to shift a majority of our attention to GAAS"  ....Why?  Why can't you just put like 30 - 40% into a GAAS game instread dumping all your resources into unknown territory for the company that way if it fails you have something to fall back on?

5 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

btw, in dead cells.

vampirism+relentless=immortal.

pro tip.

strongest build in the game.

last night that combo made me immortal

i could not die. no matter what. 5bc was easy with it.

i forgot to mention for this build to work it really needs recovery and dead inside mutations.

specifically the vampirism needs recovery.

without it vampirism isnt op.

so relentless aspect+ vampirism skill+ recovery mutation. but the dead inside mutation buffs the recovery. 

Better late than never....but damn that's a shame that he had deprived himself for so long....RGT just now got a PS Vita

In a more sane, normal alternate universe, the PS Vita rightfully stomped the shit out of the 3DS.  Fortunately, Nintendo would go on to later provide the undisputed champ of portables though with the Switch, so at least there's that silver lining to how that all played out.

I like my 3DS....but I do like my Vita better. 

Like my PSPGo better then both of them tho. Funny how that works out. It all comes down to form factor. The Go is less the half then size of the other two while still having a large enough screen for me to still be able to play RPGS, classic Platformers, and 4:3 Vertizontal Shmups.

Edited by RSG3

GTA Trilogy may have sold 10 mill despite having a less than stellar launch, not official from Rockstart but found out through math

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-remastered-trilogy-10-million-units-technical-issues

GTA V is consistently selling 5 mill every 3 months.

Tommy Tallarico steps down as Intellivision CEO

https://www.ign.com/articles/intellivision-ceo-tommy-tallarico-steps-down

So apparently you can buy the PS4 version of Forbidden West for $60 vs the PS5 for $70. But the PS4 version comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version, so you can save yourself $10 if you want the PS5 version by purchasing the PS4 version and upgrading it immediately. This works for both physical and digital, but you need to buy it digitally from the PS Store through a browser to make it work. Can't do it directly from your PS5.

I already preordered the PS5 physical version and used $50 I had saved in Best Buy rewards so I'm sticking with that. I do hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass if too many people use this exploit and Sony takes it away from us in the future, but for now it's an easy way to save $10.

ha, so despite the GTA Trilogy looking like a laughable pile of shit... it still goes on to sell that much.  That's ridiculous and a bit of a sad statement about the general consumer.🤣

I wonder if Rockstar actually sold DLC fecal matter in GTAV would people buy that too?  It could either be the ability for your character to take a dump anywhere, or just a shit-pile in a toilet bowl as an "item" that you can use perhaps as a weapon? (*it's a 1-time use, btw...so if you want more shit you have to buy it again, of course.)  They could sell it for 18.99 and I bet you people will actually buy that too.... for an extra 5.99 you can get the flies added to it.  

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

I wonder if Rockstar actually sold DLC fecal matter in GTAV would people buy that too?  It could either be the ability for your character to take a dump anywhere, or just a shit-pile in a toilet bowl as an "item" that you can use perhaps as a weapon? (*it's a 1-time use, btw...so if you want more shit you have to buy it again, of course.)  They could sell it for 18.99 and I bet you people will actually buy that too.... for an extra 5.99 you can get the flies added to it.  

I've never owned or played GTAV, but if that were actual DLC for it I'd buy the whole package day one 😂

10 hours ago, Chadouken said:

So apparently you can buy the PS4 version of Forbidden West for $60 vs the PS5 for $70. But the PS4 version comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version, so you can save yourself $10 if you want the PS5 version by purchasing the PS4 version and upgrading it immediately. This works for both physical and digital, but you need to buy it digitally from the PS Store through a browser to make it work. Can't do it directly from your PS5.

I already preordered the PS5 physical version and used $50 I had saved in Best Buy rewards so I'm sticking with that. I do hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass if too many people use this exploit and Sony takes it away from us in the future, but for now it's an easy way to save $10.

Horizon 2 is the last game thats gonna have the free PS4-PS5 upgrade, every 1st party game from here on out gonna be a $10 upgrade fee. 

Thanks for the browser news, tho. I was gonna buy the PS4 version thru the system and be assed out lmao.

15 hours ago, MillionX said:

n a more sane, normal alternate universe, the PS Vita rightfully stomped the shit out of the 3DS.  Fortunately, Nintendo would go on to later provide the undisputed champ of portables though with the Switch, so at least there's that silver lining to how that all played out.

I don’t know about stomping it out but it could have easily been on equal footing with the 3DS if Sony hadn’t made a lot of mistakes out of the gate on top giving up on first party support so quickly into the handhelds life cycle. 

I liked the vita a lot but it was mainly because it was a portable PS1. I wish more PSP games had been released digitally as well. Even if the majority of them were remakes The PSP had a great library of RPG’s 

There might be a high chance that a Arkham collection of sorts might come out for the Switch since I saw a small rumor floating around a couple days ago but didn't pay much attention to it...not the fact that this direct is happening pretty much tomorrow has me going hmmm....

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/french-retailer-lists-batman-arkham-collection-for-switch

not really a big thing or not but the interesting thing would be what is in this collection if real cause I'm sure Arkham Knight probably won't be able to run without a ton of compromises so maybe they might swap out Knight for Origins?  Which would be the first time the game's been rereleased in  some time since it's first release.

10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

There might be a high chance that a Arkham collection of sorts might come out for the Switch since I saw a small rumor floating around a couple days ago but didn't pay much attention to it...not the fact that this direct is happening pretty much tomorrow has me going hmmm....

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/02/french-retailer-lists-batman-arkham-collection-for-switch

not really a big thing or not but the interesting thing would be what is in this collection if real cause I'm sure Arkham Knight probably won't be able to run without a ton of compromises so maybe they might swap out Knight for Origins?  Which would be the first time the game's been rereleased in  some time since it's first release.

The only thing I’m even half expecting to see is some Persona stuff since Atlus has been pretty heavy handed in promoting the series’ 25th (?) anniversary by releasing back catalog and a bunch of limited run merch. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

The only thing I’m even half expecting to see is some Persona stuff since Atlus has been pretty heavy handed in promoting the series’ 25th (?) anniversary by releasing back catalog and a bunch of limited run merch. 

There is quite a lot of unknowns going into this direct cause the first half of this year feels mostly barren.  If Atlus stops playing around and actually announces that P5 and maybe P4 are coming to the Switch that'd be great.  Things I'm at least 90% sure we're going to get tomorrow will be Splatoon 3 news in some form, either a trailer or the announcement of its own separate direct or probably both.  Kirby will def be there and I'm fully expecting an update on the Advance Wars remake.   Things that are more so a might will be BotW 2 or Bayo 3.  Those 2 releases are more so in the backend of this year though but they might still throw a bone for one or the other.  I'm not going to expect Bayo 3 cause I fee like we just got the first real trailer a few months ago...if we get it?  Great!  All for it.  Not gonna expect it though.  Wild cards are going to be whatever Nintendo's been cooking in the oven that we don't really know about...I'd be pretty insane if they pulled a Metroid Dread with Mario Kart 9 and the game releases within 3 months.  Mario Kart 9 is the only game that's been floating about for the past couple of months without much real evidence for it.  Then there's the fact that Monolithsoft updated their website a few days ago coincidentally a week before the Direct is announced.  Could be nothing...could be Xenoblade 3 or Xenoblade X remaster.  If we get both then amazing.  Normally though when something is about to get announced from Monolith though Takahashi posts on twitter and provides some sort of hint which as far as I know hasn't happened yet...Ninjas might be watching him.

Edited by Sonichuman
33 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

There is quite a lot of unknowns going into this direct cause the first half of this year feels mostly barren.  If Atlus stops playing around and actually announces that P5 and maybe P4 are coming to the Switch that'd be great.  Things I'm at least 90% sure we're going to get tomorrow will be Splatoon 3 news in some form, either a trailer or the announcement of its own separate direct or probably both.  Kirby will def be there and I'm fully expecting an update on the Advance Wars remake.   Things that are more so a might will be BotW 2 or Bayo 3.  Those 2 releases are more so in the backend of this year though but they might still throw a bone for one or the other.  I'm not going to expect Bayo 3 cause I fee like we just got the first real trailer a few months ago...if we get it?  Great!  All for it.  Not gonna expect it though.  Wild cards are going to be whatever Nintendo's been cooking in the oven that we don't really know about...I'd be pretty insane if they pulled a Metroid Dread with Mario Kart 9 and the game releases within 3 months.  Mario Kart 9 is the only game that's been floating about for the past couple of months without much real evidence for it.  Then there's the fact that Monolithsoft updated their website a few days ago coincidentally a week before the Direct is announced.  Could be nothing...could be Xenoblade 3 or Xenoblade X remaster.  If we get both then amazing.  Normally though when something is about to get announced from Monolith though Takahashi posts on twitter and provides some sort of hint which as far as I know hasn't happened yet...Ninjas might be watching him.

You’re trying to play 4D chess with Nintendo. 

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

36 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I really sometimes feel like a boomer with all the recent industry shit like the slow move towards a live service model, introduction of NFTs, the talks about metaverse, all that crap. What happened to just making a good fucking game, earn a fair share of money, rinse, repeat?

200.gif

But in all seriousness I don't think I can ever quit physical media even with all the digital shit going on.

Hell I'll still buy Blu Ray despite everything being on streaming services

40 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I really sometimes feel like a boomer with all the recent industry shit like the slow move towards a live service model, introduction of NFTs, the talks about metaverse, all that crap. What happened to just making a good fucking game, earn a fair share of money, rinse, repeat?

I mean…Nintendo is right there

27 minutes ago, Lantis said:

200.gif

But in all seriousness I don't think I can ever quit physical media even with all the digital shit going on.

Hell I'll still buy Blu Ray despite everything being on streaming services

Streaming video and especially audio quality is utter shit.  

Bluray or bust for me as well, when it's something I want to have good audio experiences with.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

You’re trying to play 4D chess with Nintendo. 

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

If you even consider it really playing knowing that you've loss before you've begun.  I know very well that that the Nintendo elephant does their own thing and any semblance of trying to apply industry logic to them can often times give you an aneurysm which is why the only things I'm 90% are going to be in this direct are Kirby, Advance Wars and Splatoon 3.  Everything else is pure speculation with what evidence if any is out there and just based on what we know.

1 hour ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Nintendo's games are fantastic. Their hardware is still shit.

That reminds me. More then anything this generation, More then BotW2, MP4, Bayo3 or even a Switch Pro, if Nintendo can give me a quality Switch Pro Controller that doesn't drift that would make my generation. I have never had to buy as many controllers in a generation first or third party then I have with this generation.