Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Big titty people are people too!!! FAIR REPRESENTATION!!!

In all seriousness thought it really does feel that anytime a well endowed female character decides to show a bit of titty meat that people start coming out of the woodwork and lose their mind about the character even if there happens to be other characters with different body proportions.  Makes me feel like  they're pushing their insecurities on the character cause guys have different body types in games but we don't go complain when a majority of the male characters are shirtless and cut.  I always feel anytime this stuff happens people start immediately pulling out the 'this is sexist and gross' card without any context to the character and at times who actually designed the characters.  I'm not going to pretend that Baiken's character doesn't have sex appeal but the thing is the way she is designed and the way she carries herself (that fucking walk animation) exudes "I don't give a fuck" and it makes her far more interesting then making her vanilla and less of a stand out.

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Reading a few comments about the trailer saying Cortana looks weird which is funny since apparently the one playing Cortana in the show is the actual voice of Cortana in the games.

I don't follow Halo to closely but the few complaints I've seen were centered on her not being blue enough. Which from the pic I saw seemed to be a legit complaint 🤔

Edit: Any time you bring up the situation with guys. It's hand waved away with "male power fantasy."  Which is bullshit because there are dudes out their roiding up to look like they are sculpted out of marble. Those dudes are just as important as girls having work done and developing eating disorders to achieve an unrealistic ideal. How many pro wrestlers have died from PED abuse to achieve the "ideal" look?

Edited by Darc_Requiem

A shame what happened with NRS and the characters of Mortal Kombat.  It's a safe assumption that it's all because of certain person that "infiltrated" the company and now has quite a bit of say-so at this point, apparently (+with the added bonus of enablers)....look at any of their streams and it's clear who that person is. 😆  I've tuned in *just* to see the comment section whenever they post a video, because you know damn well a lot of comments will be about this person, and some are bound to be hilarious gold.  A slight hint in case that isn't obvious enough----this person is part of a "community" that is now supposed to be above any kind of criticism....because y'know how fair that is when certain groups of people cannot be criticized or even questioned.  We have to let them have their way 100% of the time and never question or disagree with anything, ever....because that makes perfect sense, obviously.

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

A shame what happened with NRS and the characters of Mortal Kombat.  It's a safe assumption that it's all because of certain person that "infiltrated" the company and now has quite a bit of say-so at this point, apparently (+with the added bonus of enablers)....look at any of their streams and it's clear who that person is. 😆  I've tuned in *just* to see the comment section whenever they post a video, because you know damn well a lot of comments will be about this person, and some are bound to be hilarious gold.  A slight hint in case that isn't obvious enough----this person is part of a "community" that is now supposed to be above any kind of criticism....because y'know how fair that is when certain groups of people cannot be criticized or even questioned.  We have to let them have their way 100% of the time and never question or disagree with anything, ever....because that makes perfect sense, obviously.

Oh you mean Stephanie Brownback?

49 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Not nearly as huge as M$ buying Activision but still crazy nontheless.  Now M$ had to force Sony's hand in making a purchase to a company that they barely have a real relationship with.  I reeeally don't like this.

I don't think that's ENTIRELY true. Everytime Destiny has new DLC coming out, PS is always getting something exclusive to go along with it, or it's something like "play this first on PlayStation." To me there's a working relationship there, it's not really out the blue.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sony can't afford Capcom.

Edit: Based on the above Tweet. Nothing is changing at Bungie. If that is true, why spend 3.6 Billion to buy them.

Diversification of Portafolio and increasing revenue.
Bungie being part of Sony but still being multiplat gives them a presence on other places they normally wouldn't have.

Suposedly, Activision Blizzard properties will still be multiplat as well.

Also, it gives them access to technology, knowledge and man power, plus it secures a key player in the gaming space.

And considering that those negotiations take time, is probable that this started back in last year, but now seems like it was a move done after microsoft purchase of Activision Blizzard.

For all we know it could be the other way around, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
57 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

I don't think that's ENTIRELY true. Everytime Destiny has new DLC coming out, PS is always getting something exclusive to go along with it, or it's something like "play this first on PlayStation." To me there's a working relationship there, it's not really out the blue.

When I think of relationship worthy of purchases I'm not looking at little exclusive trinkets that will be bought in a game on the platform.  I'm talking about this company's relationship is good because they've been making good/great exclusive games on their platform consistently.    Activision doing exclusive stuff for Sony with CoD because they've been at the top for the past generation and they're beating out M$ but they easily flip flop since they were doing that for Microsoft during the 360/ps3 era. 

42 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Diversification of Portafolio and increasing revenue.
Bungie being part of Sony but still being multiplat gives them a presence on other places they normally wouldn't have.

Suposedly, Activision Blizzard properties will still be multiplat as well.

Yeah, I'll believe Activision properties will remain multiplat when I see that's the case 5 years from now. They spent too much money not to use Acti-Bliz to push Gamepass. It was roughly 10 times what they spent for Bethesda. Phil Spencer's public response was well crafted but basically said. "Games will remain multiplatform until existing contracts expire." Basically the same thing that happened with Bethesda. Games deep in development will release and that's it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah, I'll believe Activision properties will remain multiplat when I see that's the case 5 years from now. They spent too much money not to use Acti-Bliz to push Gamepass. It was roughly 10 times what they spent for Bethesda. Phil Spencer's public response was well crafted but basically said. "Games will remain multiplatform until existing contracts expire." Basically the same thing that happened with Bethesda. Games deep in development will release and that's it.

I don't doubt that there will be a lot of games that would move to exclusives/timed exclusives, but I wouldn't be surprised that some Ips will remain plat since Microsoft knows that making them exclusives wouldn't benefit them in the long run, they already tried that both approaches with poor results on last gens, and considering the huge stablished playerbase on other platforms it will be a mistake for them to not capitalize, specially after such heavy investments.

Is the same for Sony with Bungie, the easiest way to recoup the cost of the acquisition is to allow them to work as they have been right now, since it gives them flexibility to increase revenue. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that while Bungie purchase is official now, Activision Blizzard purchase isn't finalized yet, and can be blocked, specially now that there will be  a push for changes in the laws to strength them for the new landscape.

Edited by Hecatom

True it can still be blocked although I doubt it will be. That said, it's all about Gamepass with MS. That's all they care about. If Sony, and this won't happen, said you can have Gamepass on Playstation then they'd happily stay multiplat. MS cares little about hardware. They are trying to pull a Windows and have a service that runs on different platforms.

38 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

arc systems gonna get bought and forced to make a third person cinematic anime shooter!

oh yeah if that happened for real I'd be all over it like flies on shit.

sheeeitttt... if someone could just make a Bleach action-RPG with a huge playable roster, with fast-paced stylish combat....it's a day 1 buy for me.

ah, Upper Echelon finally got around to the G4 situation I see...  apparently there's also suspicion of them viewbotting as well?! (*like suddenly spiking up to 30k viewers on twitch on a D&D stream...but still with a slow-moving chat, when their usual is around 1,500 or so live viewers.)

Edited by MillionX