Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

So Meta Knight, Kirby and King DeDeDe amiibo are being reprinted. Obviously cause of Forgotten Land.
Weirdly though, the Kirby and Meta Knight reprints are from the Kirby line while the sculpt of King De3 that’s being reprinted is from the Smash series. 

I honestly prefer the Kirby series King De3 sculpt to the Smash sculpt and I prefer the Smash sculpt of Meta Knight over the Kirby line sculpt. It is what it is, though. 

Oh, and for whatever reason Byleth is also being reprinted. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by iStu X

footage of canceled Star Wars 1313 surfaces

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-1313-footage-cancelled-game-shows-boba-fett-action

Uncharted devs wouldn't mind revisiting the franchise, no confirmation of a new game

https://www.ign.com/articles/uncharted-devs-make-another-sequel-world-we-want-to-see-more-of

The investigation into harassment at Ubisoft Singapore has gone in the way of the company

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-singapore-being-investigated-for-harassment-claims-report-concluded

Horizon has gone gold, Footage of the game running on PS4 pro within blog

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/27/a-glimpse-at-horizon-forbidden-west-ps4-gameplay/

One of the writers behind the MK movie reboot will be helping to write the System Shock TV series

https://www.ign.com/articles/system-shock-director-greg-russo-announced-live-action-tv-series

Edited by Sonichuman
39 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

so when is the next publisher purchase by a mega-corporation happening

The way how M$ is just buying up stuff with with out rhyme or reason it could happen whenever.  Sony and Nintendo in general only make moves on companies that have have a decent relationship with and it just makes sense because of that relationship (and in the case of Nintendo they still won't buy the company despite the relationship...*looks at Monster Games while pouring one out for Alpha Dream*).  I mean to be honest though Sony and Nintendo don't really need companies as much as M$ does cause they have a consistent supply of companies under them putting out exclusive reasons to own their platforms, M$ doesn't have that yet.  I'd like to think they're satisfied but who knows?  M$ money is a wild card.

So ive been downsizing the collection a little bit to make room since I moved into my gfs house. Traded in a bunch of DVDs,  some games, an extra 360 console I had kickin around, plus 50 bucks  for this. 

20220127_151613.jpg

It's not in the condition I would like clearly since its missing the box and manual and spine card and all that, but the disc itself is fucking mint, and it was 300 dollars less then I've ever seen it elsewhere other then when I was a kid in 98.

It cost 150 but after the trades I only spent 50.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3I didn't give you multiple thumbs up if I could for Shining Force 3.

Pretty sure you mean you woulld give me multiple thumbs if you could correct?

Thanks man. It's one of my holy grail bucket list titles. I'm really stoked.  It's especially fortunate as Shining Force 3 pt2 and 3 got translated a couple years ago by fans so I can play them all. 

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Pretty sure you mean you woulld give me multiple thumbs if you could correct?

Thanks man. It's one of my holy frail bucket list titles. I'm really stoked.  It's especially fortunate as Shining Force 3 pt2 and 3 got translated a couple years ago by fans so I can play them all. 

How much would it be to buy all the guts?

Edited by iStu X
22 minutes ago, iStu X said:

How much would it be to buy all the guts?

I don't know. I'd draw the line at 60 or so for me. I mean these days I could laze out and print out high quality brand new crisp pdfs of the guts and almost not one but myself and others really in the know would ever notice. I also wouldn t count the case in the purchase because those Sega CD cases can be had for like 3 bucks. So for me personally 60 bucks is where I would draw the line at the guts.

Edited by RSG3

haha I forget sometimes that Sea of Thieves still exists... I thought that would've gone down in flames a long time ago... I guess it has an audience apparently.  It looked like pure trash from day 1 to me.

*Apparently VtM: Coteries of New York and Shadows of New York are 80% on Steam.... it still frustrates me that those just aren't my kind of game.  One day if I see Shadows for a couple of bucks I may get it.

edit---60% on Shadows so... only 5 bucks and change..... 🤔

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, MillionX said:

haha I forget sometimes that Sea of Thieves still exists... I thought that would've gone down in flames a long time ago... I guess it has an audience apparently.  It looked like pure trash from day 1 to me.

*Apparently VtM: Coteries of New York and Shadows of New York are 80% on Steam.... it still frustrates me that those just aren't my kind of game.  One day if I see Shadows for a couple of bucks I may get it.

edit---60% on Shadows so... only 5 bucks and change..... 🤔

Sea of Thieves is another kind of cinderella story where it had a really rough start but then pulled itself up and it's actually been doing really well for itself.  Not to the extent that Final Fantasy XIV did but enough so that IIRC the game is actually making profit? *Checks*

https://gamerant.com/sea-of-thieves-steam-sales-milestone/

5 mill on PC alone since 12/24/2021

It actually hit 15 mill players back in 06/20/2020

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/20/sea-of-thieves-passes-15-million-players-since-launch/

The fact that it had a crossover with Pirates of the Caribbean is also pretty telling. 

So there's been some MK 12 rumors floating around and the latest one I'd seen pop up a few times where apparently the Production Manager over at NRS put up a photo of some art on his desk for 5 minutes and then took the photo down

It's nothing HUGE mind you but there's 2 things are interesting about this.  1.  the screen on the right has the words MK12_Mast... which I mean...that looks like MK12 Master.  The 2nd thing being what you can read of that email on the left screen which appears to imply that there is some footage of some product that they don't want getting leaked because the internet sees all  (quite the understatement Christine). 

There's also something on that desktop that says KI planning which is interesting.

That Record of Lodoss War game is due out on the eShop for Switch today, so most likely I'll get that very soon... maybe this weekend... I kept missing it in the store for a while since the icon is not what I was expecting... ah, I see---because "WONDER LABYRINTH" is like the main title when I was thinking it was just called "Record of Lodoss War"-something-subtitle.... I've been looking forward to this one ever since I first saw the gameplay footage

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/record-of-lodoss-war-deedlit-in-wonder-labyrinth-switch/  

19 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ubisoft: Gamers don’t seem to like this so why don’t we go with our widely hated plans anyway?

I like that he called his customer base stupid because that's how you win hearts and minds!  I swear it's amazing to me how inept the modern day CEO is considering their salaries.

57 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I like that he called his customer base stupid because that's how you win hearts and minds!  I swear it's amazing to me how inept the modern day CEO is considering their salaries.

He isn't stupid. The CEO knows what the next big scheme is and is determine to make it work to appease their shareholders and investors. He rather waste time and energy trying to convince the customer that something bad for them is good rather than taking the L.