Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

I forgot if I linked this before or not... a look at the Killer Instinct arcade 1up

Also I saw the Mortal Kombat machine in a Walmart again recently!  So now the temptation hits me once again... not sure I can ignore it much longer... to have an arcade-perfect MK2 (+UMK3) at home.... 

You aren't going to have "arcade perfect" unless you are on a CRT.  The graphics in those games are complete ass on the LCD screens.

Just got the 1  Credit Clear in Rolling Gunners Casual Mode while my GFs grandkid chatted in my ear. Had to tell her to be quiet for the True Last Boss lol. 

I may have over shot a bit when I said the game set a new standard for presentation for Shmups but it really is a beautiful game and does present itself better then most Shmups.  It's between stage cards are truly wonderful imo. 

Edited by RSG3
21 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I started playing Crash Team Racing. Holy shit is this game hard. The rubber banding of the AI is insane, and I have a difficult winning the beginner races without boosting. I don't remember having struggle with the original game. 

I don't want to be that guy, but the AI on CTR doesn't have rubber banding 😅

The AI seems hard at first because it forces you to apply the mechanics of the game in order to success.

Once you get the hang of it the AI, even on the hardest difficulty can't keep up with you, since you will be flying across the circuits.

You need to keep busting at all times when racing on CTR, in order to keep the reserves and maintain the Yellow and Blue fires.

The key is to manage to keep the lines while boosting and knowing when to boost 2/3 times.

Shameless plug

Edit

If you are playing on PS4, we can play some time if you want, it has been like a year since i played 😅

Edited by Hecatom

The Rock is saying he's going to star in another Video Game Adaptation that's going to release this year

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-rock-is-making-another-video-game-movie

"I can't tell you which game in particular we're doing, but there will be an announcement this year,” he said. "We're going to bring one of the biggest, most badass games to the screen — one that I've played for years."

“I'm really excited to bring it to fans around the world,” he added. “Of course, we're going to do right by our gamer friends — but really we're just going to make a great movie.”

Could be literally anything.  His track record for those movies so far has been 0-2 (haven't seen Rampage myself just heard about it...I have seen Doom unfortunately...) . 

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Could be literally anything.  His track record for those movies so far has been 0-2 (haven't seen Rampage myself just heard about it...I have seen Doom unfortunately...) . 

Actually he's 0-3, the Spy Hunter movie was so bad it never saw release. They ended up releasing the "movie tie in" game starring The Rock without the movie. 

That nuFinal Fantasy game's dialog is whack.  Gonna have to watch some of it on YouTube after the game comes out.

Tried this game the other day.  The Wind Road.  I dunno about the story, its all in Chinese.  It has English subtitles but the translation seems pretty terrible.  The gameplay is pretty dope though.  That is after I adjust the controls and the fact that some of the prompts dont change to match.  That menu there was makin' me laugh a bit.

spacer.png

I tried Hidden Deep last night.  Its some sidescroller game.  Its pretty tough.  I started out on some difficulty that gave you only 1 life per game.  The game is tough and that way was gonna frustrate me I could tell, so I changed it so I could just die over and over.  I did die over and over.  The game is fun though.

I played this game - Blade Assault  - a few couple days ago.  Been playing it here and there.  Its a scrolling beat'em rogue style game.  Its pretty dope.

spacer.pngUFioIhg.pngLrdCDZe.png

I tried this game just a bit ago.  Had me and my lady crackin' up.  Its pretty terrible.

spacer.png

Also, I'm at a part in nuGoW thats pretty tough.  I gotta fight this giant thing and he can toss out fire and shit and a bunch of minions keep spawning and fuckin' shit it up too.  I'll try a few times tonight...third times the charm.

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The Rock is saying he's going to star in another Video Game Adaptation that's going to release this year

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-rock-is-making-another-video-game-movie

I actually enjoyed Rampage myself. But then again, I completely divorced it from my mind as an adaptation big the Rampage games and just saw it as a fun Dwayne Johnson action film with giant monsters homages. Only one tiny part at the end that makes no sense involving a gun shot I have an issue with, the rest was good dumb fun for the family.

33 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

errrr.

um.

last time i saw jim was the death stranding review.

and havent seen him since and all of a sudden he's..i mean she's...yeah.

wow ok. alot has transpired since death stranding release i see.

at first i thought it was a joke for a single vid but scanning his channel i see multiple vids where he's(she's) wearing...

I thought it was weird I hadn't heard anyone say the dudes name in like....2 years. 

I wrote him off completely when he outraged like a fucking child at DMCVs Red Orbs in the shop. 

24 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I wonder if this is going to continue the trend of MK movie sequels utterly sucking in comparison to the film they followed. I had some issues with last year’s movie, but I did end up enjoying it. Hopefully this movie ends up fixing some of the problems the first one had.

40 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I wonder if this is going to continue the trend of MK movie sequels utterly sucking in comparison to the film they followed. I had some issues with last year’s movie, but I did end up enjoying it. Hopefully this movie ends up fixing some of the problems the first one had.

Yeah I can't really disagree with all the flaws that people have pointed out in the latest MK movie, and I get why people did not like it and that it had a lot of legitimate beefs.  I can definitely see why as an overall movie that ties into MK people hated it.

BUT ... I loved it and have watched it multiple times.  It has some awesome fight scenes in it.  I will randomly put in the bluray and watch the opening and closing fight scenes just because they are so badass.

56 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

The reboot sucked ass . 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

The sequel definitely has a chance at being better but I really hate they purposefully wrote themselves into a limitation with Arcana which is completely unnecessary.  If they can find some way to retcon that out early then they'll be far more free to do stuff cause Jax getting better metal arms cause of Arcana made me

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I gave the reboot MK bout a 6.5 or 7. Loved the boogeyman approach to Sub Zero, loved Scorpion, loved Kano and even Jax was aight. 

What really made the movie not great was shoe hornning Cole in and giving him literal plot armor. Removing him and a tweak or two, movie could've been great 

That said, I have faith they'll learn from the mistakes of the last one, this one should be better

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

As long as they kill off that Cole jabronie in the first 10 minutes without prejudice, that would make the movie for me

Speaking of unnecessary lol.  I wouldn't have even had much of a problem with Cole if they hadn't have tried to push him so hard to make us know that he was protagonist to the point of killing Goro near singlehandedly which was beyond disappointing.  I need Goro to show back up from the dead, knock on Cole's door, and ask for a Money Match first to 10.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I thought it was weird I hadn't heard anyone say the dudes name in like....2 years. 

I wrote him off completely when he outraged like a fucking child at DMCVs Red Orbs in the shop. 

Yeah, i did the same when he raged on the wumpa coins for CTRNF and the DLC chars of BBTAG.

What is funny is that it seems like he has becoming more and more annoying and is mad that his audiemce has been calling him out on how dumb his videos have become.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Speaking of unnecessary lol.  I wouldn't have even had much of a problem with Cole if they hadn't have tried to push him so hard to make us know that he was protagonist to the point of killing Goro near singlehandedly which was beyond disappointing.  I need Goro to show back up from the dead, knock on Cole's door, and ask for a Money Match first to 10.

Goro is done. The movie will have to pull out Kintaro or Sheeva to avenge him 

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Goro is done. The movie will have to pull out Kintaro or Sheeva to avenge him 

Considering what Shang said and the nature of MK in general he's prob not completely gone.  Whether he shows up in 2 though is probably unlikely depending on if they go from recruiting Johnny and then straight into the tourney or not.  I got this feeling that recruiting Johnny is going to take at least 20 min bare minimum at the start.  If its a 2 hour film then thats solid enough to go into the tourney and finish it.  If its closer to an hour and a half I'm gonna have doubts...either that or they'll start the tourney and then end halfway which I hope doesn't happen.

Edit:  Upon rewatching the movie something that Raiden I forgot or overlooked near the end.  He says he's assembling a new list of champions and he needs them to find them.  So that it's very possibly that the 2nd movie may not reach the tourney if it's going to consist of them mostly recruiting people.  Either that or they could do a skip and have the recruiting happen off screen but that may or may not be kind of a disservice cause then people are just gonna be showing up without too much a chance for the audience to get a feel for what they're about.

Edited by Sonichuman

Awww that's nice

Rewatching MK 2011 reboot and finding it funny that Jax saw Sub rain down hail ice shurikens on people and freeze his shotgun instantly before shattering it and his response with confidence upon coming to blows with him is "I've done 6 tours mother fucker" like Sub was going to be impressed.  If Sub had given him a sarcastic clap before handing him the L I would have laughed.

Edited by Sonichuman

lmao

also @MillionX have you beaten the game 5bc + the collector yet.

if you havent the easy way to beat the game n get all weapons n shit is to go into custom mode and turn on the refill flask choice so you can refill your health flask after every biome/stage.

i think its called flask never broken. i also raised the mutations from 3 to 6.  helps.

i had beaten the game 4bc  but decided to just cheat the 5bc n collector fight. but i got every weapon n skill now which is what i wanted.

Edited by VirginDefiler
5 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

lmao

also @MillionX have you beaten the game 5bc + the collector yet.

if you havent the easy way to beat the game n get all weapons n shit is to go into custom mode and turn on the refill flask choice so you can refill your health flask after every biome/stage.

i think its called flask never broken. i also raised the mutations from 3 to 6.  helps.

i had beaten the game 4bc  but decided to just cheat the 5bc n collector fight. but i got every weapon n skill now which is what i wanted.

I'm further in the game on the Switch version----only up to 4 cell mode at this point.  I've only used custom mode occasionally to limit the weapons and items to my favorite, most useful ones.  I didn't know you could make it so the health flask can be refilled every time.  I may try that.  On XB1 version I had only gone up to 2-cell.  Lately I've been focusing on Brutality builds... I tend to have more fun with Brutality or Tactics-focused setups.