Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Diablo 3, the adventures continue...

...so I finally created another Hardcore seasonal character a little while ago---ultimately it's to get a certain conquest done this season (the "beat GR45 with no set item bonuses in Hardcore" one).  I also have not played Hardcore mode in a long time....years, actually.  There's no difference other than the rule of permanent death....and those characters don't share the stash or money with regular-mode characters....also, when a Hardcore character dies, all equipment they were carrying is lost too.  haha, I have a friend that's a bit too chicken to play that mode.  It does add an extra bit of thrills and suspense when you know that if your character gets caught in a bad spot, that's it...he/she and all their stuff is GONE.  Anyway, I only got Hardcore Wizard up to level 20-something so far.

Meanwhile in Dead Cells---Vee plays around with the throwing card item from the new DLC...the potential here seems insane (*there's 1 part where it looks like he hit an enemy for a million damage!)

36 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Man a Hexen/Heretic style FPS by the folks that made Doom 2016 and Eternal would be delicious.

Plus I wonder their answer to the question, how do you have a mage glory kill without them being buff? I want to know what some real sick minds like the ones that made those platforming sections in Eternal come up with.

I didn't like Eternal at first but after refusing to quit and sinking a ton of time into it the game really grew on me.  It's a very well designed game.

15 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

at first glance i can't see how a mechanic that forcibly pulls you closer to your opponent in this game is a good idea outside of like 3 characters but hell i dunno.

You mean the claw? Traditionally Baiken has options off of it and with meter it can convert to a full combo. Baiken generally wants to be in so this only helps her do that better. 

19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You mean the claw? Traditionally Baiken has options off of it and with meter it can convert to a full combo. Baiken generally wants to be in so this only helps her do that better. 

i understand but it seems like most of the cast also benefits from this specific gimmick unless it goes away when she gets hit i dunno why you would want to be tethered to like chipp or pot

2 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

i understand but it seems like most of the cast also benefits from this specific gimmick unless it goes away when she gets hit i dunno why you would want to be tethered to like chipp or pot

Yea I get that. Unfortunately for her outside that new super she really doesn't have range options so she has to get close anyway. 

I wonder how long the tether lasts. That would help in determining to me. 

Like you don't want to be close to pot or chipp...but you have to to win with a chunk of the cast so...

But I hear you. If the tether lasts little more then a standard combo/knock down situation I can see the use. Who knows really tho. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

The music choice with the visuals doesn't help either as much as I like that song...it felt EXTREMELY awkward.

I have literally no intentions of buying it but god damn I can’t deny that I wanna see this train wreck. This is some early HD Gen edge lord shit 

Edited by iStu X

I forgot if I linked this before or not... a look at the Killer Instinct arcade 1up

Also I saw the Mortal Kombat machine in a Walmart again recently!  So now the temptation hits me once again... not sure I can ignore it much longer... to have an arcade-perfect MK2 (+UMK3) at home.... 

*Not sure I like the inclusion of wifi features for online play in these arcade machines....because it just seems like the beginning of a slippery slope there, where eventually (let's say 5 to 10 years from now) we'll see A1ups that are "ONLINE-ONLY, LOL!" and all that bullshit, with future generations standing up to defend that stupidity....you know it's going to happen eventually......and fuck that nonsense forever.  I wish the concept of "Online-Only" was manifested into 1 living thing....so I could torture the shit out of that bitch, as its family is forced to watch.  It is without question the worst thing ever to happen to gaming.

Edited by MillionX

In "....but why?" news

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-5-playable-game-boy-using-streaming-cartridge

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I mean it's cool that you made it work but to quote a great character "You were so preoccupied with with whether you could that you didn't stop to think if you should".  If you want to see how horrible this looks RGT has a video showing it.

Also Nintendo updated their N64 online and the games have been improved...not 100% but better.  Most notably is OoT which was the poster child for issues

https://www.thegamer.com/nintendo-switch-online-64-emulator-improvements/

Also Previews for Horizon Forbidden West have been getting put up.  If you want to hear what people think you can go to your website of choice and there will probably be one there.