Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't really understand the people who are like "original dub or NOTHING!" Neither of them is worth that kind of energy imo, although I actually think Yuri Lowenthal sounds more like what I would imagine Alucard sounding like. I like Robert Belgrade but his performance was so deadpan.

PedoRichter from the original was pretty funny though and I like him better than the new dub.

Yea I don't get it either. They're both good tracks for differing reasons but to act like what....less then 50 spoken lines is worth not playing Symphony over? You're a goof lol. 

Robert always just sounds too old and bassy for Alucard imo. He sounds more like he should be like Dracula, or Death, or Olrox or something. An intimidating villain or something. 

Funny enough tho I think he fits O.D. the stuffy librarian really really well lol. 

Edited by RSG3
23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

As....interesting as this if this was real I think this is people getting gassed.  People are not going to convince me that this American voice actor doing a played up english italian accent for 25 years has been saying 1 japanese word as this character and nothing else.

Did you watch the very end of that tho?  😬

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't really understand the people who are like "original dub or NOTHING!" Neither of them is worth that kind of energy imo, although I actually think Yuri Lowenthal sounds more like what I would imagine Alucard sounding like. I like Robert Belgrade but his performance was so deadpan.

PedoRichter from the original was pretty funny though and I like him better than the new dub.

Gamers get hung up on the dumbest crap.  Remember several people who demanded a new MM game bitching incessantly about MM not floating through the boss doors when 11 came out?

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Yea I don't get it either. They're both good tracks for differing reasons but to act like what....less then 50 spoken lines is worth not playing Symphony over? You're a goof lol. 

Robert always just sounds too old and bassy for Alucard imo. He sounds more like he should be like Dracula, or Death, or Olrox or something. An intimidating villain or something. 

Funny enough tho I think he fits O.D. the stuffy librarian really really well lol. 

Yeah I agree about O.D. I could maybe have seen him being cast as Richter if he'd been a little more dynamic, but imo that voice doesn't sound like Alucard to me.

48 minutes ago, Camacho said:

Gamers get hung up on the dumbest crap.  Remember several people who demanded a new MM game bitching incessantly about MM not floating through the boss doors when 11 came out?

They do. Gamers are an embarrassing group of people no matter how mainstreamed gaming becomes lol

So yeah----couldn't resist any longer; I got V-Rising on ps5 now as well...the version that includes the Castlevania content; I'm loving it even more now... I've already found that big wolf you get "VBlood" from, which grants you a wolf form transformation.

I'm lazy about building a castle though; oddly enough I'd rather just fast-forward thru that part of the game....like if they had pre-built basic "templates" I could just spawn in and go from there, that would be perfect.  The action of killing and hunting things, and gaining new powers is more of the fun part here, imo.

Over on the Steam Deck version it's as I figured...now that the console version is out---that same "ps5 controller" layout is in that version as well which is soooo much better now.  I've made a new character there as well; I went with a "Nosferatu" looking character with green-ish glowing eyes.  I'll get around to making a "Vorador from Blood Omen" character later.

About

There will be BLOOD!

Captain Blood is a pirate-themed action game set on the Spanish Main in the 17th century, where you step into the boots of a fearsome pirate on a quest for gold and glory. Expect wild adventures with cannon firing, pistol shooting, swashbuckling sword fights, and plenty of pirate shenanigans. This action-packed hack-and-slash features fierce hand-to-hand combat, hordes of enemies, and a classic fighting system with flashy combos and epic finishers.

Prepare for intense deck battles where you can fire the ship’s cannons and fend off blood-thirsty boarding crews. Collect gold to upgrade your fighting skills, buy new weapons, and become the most feared buccaneer on the high seas. Fight for wealth and glory!

Key Features

• Epic Pirate Shenanigans – As Captain Blood, live the life of the bravest and most fearsome pirate on the Spanish Main (or at least fake it convincingly).
  • Intense Action – Dive into fiery hand-to-hand combat and show enemy pirates and landlubbers alike who’s the boss with various slick combat techniques.
  • Ship Deck Brawls – Fight off enemy pirates trying to board your ship with unique moves, combos, and executions while blasting enemy ships to pieces with your cannons!
  • Arsenal of Awesomeness – Arm yourself with cutlasses, pistols, muskets, throwing knives, and hand bombs. Don’t forget those sneaky pirate tricks!
  • Graphic Novel Vibes – Enjoy a unique art style that feels like you’re flipping through a pirate comic book.

The game underwent several iterations throughout the 2000s and was last showcased in 2010 before vanishing for years. Now, we are excited to bring it back, combining its original glory with a series of modern improvements for today’s gamers.

24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Did it?
Cuz as a metalhead that listens to a lot of modern meta, I would say that I don't hear anything different 🤷‍♂️

Yea I feel like the only thing it effected was the amount of "Mario but it's DOOM" type videos that show up in my feed despite never clicking on them lol. 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Did it?
Cuz as a metalhead that listens to a lot of modern meta, I would say that I don't hear anything different 🤷‍♂️

Changed is probably a srong term title for this video and more so influenced or maybe more so had an impact on.  The video near the end talks about bands that have actually taken the sound from Doom and implemented into their own sound.  Also didn't know that Mick actually helped a band in a collab before his work on Atomic Heart. 

V-Rising... ok yeah I'm finally getting hooked for sure now, as I've placed the foundations for my first castle, and killed several random dudes at a bandit camp.  I look forward to unlocking the other types of magic; currently I only have the starting powers from the "blood magic" category, of course.  I vaguely remember talk of how overpowered the Chaos Magic was a long time ago... I am not sure if it's still the case these days.

This guy has a good "beginner info" vid on the game...

I'm also back to thinking about finally getting the docking station soon

Edited by MillionX

Games take too long to make, there is way too much emphasis on realism? Huh. You know, I had this feeling for years that Nintendo, despite their strange and quite often archaic way of doing things, knew something about the gaming industry that their competitors didn't. That nearly 20 year old interview with Satoru Iwata speaks volumes of what we're seeing unfold now.

Iwata in heaven right now:

Capcom is on a generational run right now. Jesus Christ, give who ever running that company right now a raise. He or she clearly has their ears to the streets.

Hopefully we get hard copies instead of digital only. Im supporting tf outta this cuz I love these old games and we might get MVC4  out of it (Infinite dont count lmao) #DayJuan

I really do hope they are physical but even if it is not a MvC collection or hell just MvC2 is an instant buy for me. 

The Punisher beat em up is a weird addition, kind of wish they included the console side scrollers as well.

Edit: Prime 4 being in 2025 does make me hope it will be a showcase for the rumored ability of the Switch successor to enhance Switch games. It would suck if you buy one only to find out the better version comes out later... 

Edited by Wellman

- X-MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM - MARVEL SUPER HEROES - X-MEN VS. STREET FIGHTER - MARVEL SUPER HEROES vs. STREET FIGHTER - MARVEL vs. CAPCOM CLASH OF SUPER HEROES - MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 2 New Age of Heroes - THE PUNISHER

Additional enhancements across the collection include custom match and spectator features, museum, music player, various display filters, one-button special moves and more!

Direct was solid.  People been hollering for an actual Zelda game and they're finally getting it.  First actual footage of Prime 4 and it looks fucking gorgeous.  Crazy good art direction!  No date either which is what I expected.  Fully expecting possible crossplat and thw date to coincide with Switch 2.  Dragon quest HD 2d remakes.  A fucking marvel vs collection feat random ass Punisher.  Gonna have to support that in the hopes this and what Max has been doing further stirs the pot.  God damn Mario & Luigi is alive!?   After they let Alpha Dream drown?  Need to know who is deving this then and kind of wondering if they just hired people from Alpha for it.  New Mario Party...may have to get that since we've been having fun playing the others with friends.  I didn't think Nintendo was gonna be able to get much money from me this year but I was wrong.

Just now, Sonichuman said:

Direct was solid.  People been hollering for an actual Zelda game and they're finally getting it.  First actual footage of Prime 4 and it looks fucking gorgeous.  Crazy good art direction!  No date either which is what I expected.  Fully expecting possible crossplat and thw date to coincide with Switch 2.  Dragon quest HD 2d remakes.  A fucking marvel vs collection feat random ass Punisher.  Gonna have to support that in the hopes this and what Max has been doing further stirs the pot.  God damn Mario & Luigi is alive!?   After they let Alpha Dream drown?  Need to know who is deving this then and kind of wondering if they just hired people from Alpha for it.  New Mario Party...may have to get that since we've been having fun playing the others with friends.  I didn't think Nintendo was gonna be able to get much money from me this year but I was wrong.

Max is practically crying and we need to buy it crazy so maybe we get a CVS collection!!!