Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

On 8/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, Hecatom said:

Well, I have to say that Glitch Techs }has surely delivered on what i was expecting from the show.

It has really good animation, and love the character designs and the characters are really enjoyable to watch, since the dynamics between them don't feel forced and are actually entertaining.

Dunno how they pulled it out, since both chars despite being hyper at times during the episodes, they don't tire you.

And i need to stress, i really fucking love the artstyle and character designs.

Specially on the action scenes, since they have good composition and flow.

Also, the OST is fucking good.

Edit

Is surprising how little gifs of the action scenes are online 😕

Edit 2

Had to make some myself, lol

I might have to check this out.  Thank you for bringing this show up.

Just throwing this out there...I find Harley Quinn's animated show HIGHLY entertaining and hilarious.  Has high amount of comedy with a side of serious.  They have a lot of VA talent behind the characters everyone is does a great job.  Favorite character is Bane if only because he sounds like Dark Knight Rises Bane while looking like Comic Bane and it makes everything he says funny to me.  They are actually running a marathon on the show on Toonami tonight if you don't have access to it through a streaming platform.

Edited by Sonichuman
28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Just throwing this out there...I find Harley Quinn's animated show HIGHLY entertaining and hilarious.  Has high amount of comedy with a side of serious.  They have a lot of VA talent behind the characters everyone is does a great job.  Favorite character is Bane if only because he sounds like Dark Knight Rises Bane while looking like Comic Bane and it makss everything he says funny to me.  They are actually running a marathon on the show on Toonami tonight if you don't have access to it through a streaming platform.

Kite Man is a gem. 

Hell Yeah Ivy GIF by DC

I still like watching these "huge crowd reactions" to that epic grand finale on DB Super... here's another one I found today...

I got a friend that's been dragging his damn feet forever on this shit...the dude STILL hasn't seen it so I've been trying to tiptoe around the spoilers on this greatness.  Funny thing is I have another old buddy that's even lazier about getting caught up on various shows and movies... he didn't mind the spoiler and I knew he will literally never get around to watching it so I went on and spoiled it for him recently.... I'm not sure how people can be "lazy" about getting caught up on some shit they were allegedly a fan of anyway but yeah.  Mannnnn... words can't describe the hype when I saw this scene for the first time.... the way that main theme came on and perfectly matched the action as these characters go all out in their final stand of the tournament... goddamn, man...

Edited by MillionX

Looking back on it again, DBSuper had quite a few stand-out moments to me... another good one was of course when Goku finally attained "Ultra Instinct" that first time...that music that plays for it, man...sheeeeeitttttt:

one thing helping to hype up the moment is when you see the various Destruction Gods in the crowd stand up for it... like "holy shit... this mortal ...actually achieved that state...!?

Beerus himself was like "Whis... he finally did it, didn't he..."

Whis "Yes." (looking on like the proud sensei watching his best student)  Shit was TOO awesome, man.

yeah, it's another one that got added to my "training montage" exercise theme music immediately.  

edit--and nope... my slow-poke friends haven't made it to this part either. 😞 

Edited by MillionX
45 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I thought Super was an anime original. 

Super is the opposite of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. The anime came out first. Then Toyotaro wrote the manga. Honestly I missed the last few arcs in the manga because I really didn't care for Toyotaro's take on things. So I basically dipped out.

Edit: @MillionXYeah that Ultra Instinct theme is godlike.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Super is the opposite of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. The anime came out first. Then Toyotaro wrote the manga. Honestly I missed the last few arcs in the manga because I really didn't care for Toyotaro's take on things. So I basically dipped out.

Edit: @MillionXYeah that Ultra Instinct theme is godlike.

movie first then anime then manga. anime was conically linked to the movie.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Super is kind of weird where it feels like the anime is more canon than the manga is and I'm pretty sure the anime started before the manga did but then the manga has been continuing after Broly. 

Everything on the Anime is canon up till the end, while the manga is a side companion.

After the anime and DBS Broly, at least for now, everything on the manga is canon, but is very likely that will be changed once the anime comes up, since like the last time, it has direct involvement from Trolliyama (the manga as well, but less than the anime), and i wouldn't be surprised that a lot of things are changed, since there are stuff on the manga that contradicts what is canon on where the anime was left.

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

Looking back on it again, DBSuper had quite a few stand-out moments to me... another good one was of course when Goku finally attained "Ultra Instinct" that first time...that music that plays for it, man...sheeeeeitttttt:

one thing helping to hype up the moment is when you see the various Destruction Gods in the crowd stand up for it... like "holy shit... this mortal ...actually achieved that state...!?

Beerus himself was like "Whis... he finally did it, didn't he..."

Whis "Yes." (looking on like the proud sensei watching his best student)  Shit was TOO awesome, man.

yeah, it's another one that got added to my "training montage" exercise theme music immediately.  

edit--and nope... my slow-poke friends haven't made it to this part either. 😞 

That theme and the theme that plays when Jiren and UI Goku are going in on each other made it hype

Who knows, we have seen a lot of bad ideas get out in the open very proudly those last few years. 

tbh, i want it to get off the ground just because it will be hilarious see tjem lose money by doing this pos and later doubling down on it by starting a 2nd season all while insulting the fans. 

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Some people are theorizing that the “schedule conflicts” that’s being talked about are related to Marvel Secret Invasion which started filiming. Chloe Bennet has played a character on Agents of SHIELD before.

In any case, good on her for leaving that trashpile. If it does ever come out, it will die faster than my phone’s battery.

Edited by BornWinner
Just now, Dragonfave723 said:

Original creators walked away due to "creative differences" a year ago this month. Albert Kim reportedly got hired as showrunner back in February. 

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/02/19/avatar-the-last-airbender-kim/

I have seen the rumors of what direction they want to go with Avatar, if they are true, is totally understandable, since it sounds fucking awful.

It will be Avatar in name only.

10 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm confused.

I thought this was cancelled when the original creators walked away.

The thing is that both Avatar shows have been huge generators of traffic for Netflix, so they are really eager to make stuff of their own, since both shows will be left out of their platform once the rights revert to Paramount+.

It is why they are pressing into making that show, the problem is that they want to go full retard on it if we believe the rumors about what the show will be.

41 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The thing is that both Avatar shows have been huge generators of traffic for Netflix, so they are really eager to make stuff of their own, since both shows will be left out of their platform once the rights revert to Paramount+.

It is why they are pressing into making that show, the problem is that they want to go full retard on it if we believe the rumors about what the show will be.

That does explain why this is still kicking. With Paramount Plus out there eventually they will lose the shows again when the current contract expires with little to no hope of regaining them, so a show they helped produced will keep some part of it on the platform.

Just now, Wellman said:

That does explain why this is still kicking. With Paramount Plus out there eventually they will lose the shows again when the current contract expires with little to no hope of regaining them, so a show they helped produced will keep some part of it on the platform.

Yup.

The thing is that apparently, they want to make the show on the cheap side.

According to the rumor, the plan is to make the series in the present setting.

Not on his own world, but one like ours, where there is no bending until some people start to manifest weird powers.

Katara and Sokka are native americans, Sokka is mad that Katara is more interested now on her weird powers that awakened than helping with preserving nature.

Zuko is the son of a militar man, his father is overbearing and very strict, since he is military man, he has instilled some of the military philosophies on Zuko that are in conflict with his gentle nature.

Aang is whatever, it was so meh, that i don't really remember lol.

The idea is that they live somewhere in canada, they awaken powers, shit ensues, and very likely Zuko's father wants to use the powers for military purpose.

I wouldn't be surprised if this version of avatar will have eventually a prom night, because hollydumb is obsessed with prom nights, i pressume because the writers never had one, lol.

Overall it sounds awful, and totally missing the point of what Avatar is and why it captivated millions of people around the world.

Sadly that sounds just like your average TV executive trying to win by taking a successful idea that they themselves barely understand and try to simplify it to their level thinking it will be to everyone's tastes.

I can only feel bad for the poor actors that get attached to this mess.

14 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Sadly that sounds just like your average TV executive trying to win by taking a successful idea that they themselves barely understand and try to simplify it to their level thinking it will be to everyone's tastes.

I can only feel bad for the poor actors that get attached to this mess.

I think the reasoning behind that idea (if true) is to combine different things that are popular within the teenager and young adult demographic that are within those who watched the original show.

Based on the supposed rumor/leak, the elevator pitch was probably like, Avatar meets X young adult novel meets Y young adult series, etc.

It reeks to trend chasing with the classic hollydumb shit of reimagining and dare i say, subvert expectations.

BTW, it would be interesting to see the shippers doing their shit with actual real teens, it would become creppy real quick.

And knowing the trends, i wouldn't be surprised if the love triangle (because we know there will be one) is not Aang, Katara, vs Zuko Katara, but Aan Katara vs Aang Zuko, because of course.

Watch it being renewed despite no one liking it, all while Jupiter's Legacy was canceled despite doing it ok with audience, pretty much like what happened with that Sabrina the teenage witch show, that supposedly was aclaimed by both audience and critics, but you really didn't see many people actually talking about it, and those who did, say it was awful.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:49 AM, Hecatom said:

Yup.

The thing is that apparently, they want to make the show on the cheap side.

According to the rumor, the plan is to make the series in the present setting.

Not on his own world, but one like ours, where there is no bending until some people start to manifest weird powers.

Katara and Sokka are native americans, Sokka is mad that Katara is more interested now on her weird powers that awakened than helping with preserving nature.

Zuko is the son of a militar man, his father is overbearing and very strict, since he is military man, he has instilled some of the military philosophies on Zuko that are in conflict with his gentle nature.

Aang is whatever, it was so meh, that i don't really remember lol.

The idea is that they live somewhere in canada, they awaken powers, shit ensues, and very likely Zuko's father wants to use the powers for military purpose.

I wouldn't be surprised if this version of avatar will have eventually a prom night, because hollydumb is obsessed with prom nights, i pressume because the writers never had one, lol.

Overall it sounds awful, and totally missing the point of what Avatar is and why it captivated millions of people around the world.

OH fuck no. This rumor is so wild I have to believe it's a smear campaign and not even remotely in the realm of true. I hope this is a bad rumor

Edited by Maxx
5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Some people apparently don't even think it's a real show and was fan images so Im leaning towards smear campaign for now 

Sadly, it seems that it can be true, due tje leaked actors being confirmed on the last announcement, plus some things that they said in an interview 😕

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

Netflix has such a good track record 

Lol wut? 

They have a mixed bag, leaning into a bad record. 

The Winx club live adaptation was awful. 

Death Note was terrible. 

The Saint Seiya 3d aseries was a really bad. 

The Sabrina series started good but by season 2 onwards it became a shit show. 

The have more strikes than hits if you ask me. 

Man the easy way out was to animate the comics that continued part of the story after the war was over. Many issues that popped up in them are relevant today, namely the one about a fire nation occupied place that is told to go back because the war is done. By this point the earth kingdom/fire nation people are full integrated so breaking it up would be worse.

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Lol wut? 

They have a mixed bag, leaning into a bad record. 

The Winx club live adaptation was awful. 

Death Note was terrible. 

The Saint Seiya 3d aseries was a really bad. 

The Sabrina series started good but by season 2 onwards it became a shit show. 

The have more strikes than hits if you ask me. 

Voltron

He man

She - ra

Castlevania 

Dragons dogma

Lucifer 

Lupin

Daredevil 

Luke cage 

Punisher

Troll hunters

Witcher

They have far far more successes than failures. 

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Voltron

He man

She - ra

Castlevania 

Dragons dogma

Lucifer 

Lupin

Daredevil 

Luke cage 

Punisher

Troll hunters

Witcher

They have far far more successes than failures. 

Voltron is a show that started decent but ended becoming less good with each season. 

She ra, lol no, the show was bad, it had its moments, but over all it was no bueno. 

He-Man?, lmao.

Castlevania is good, i give you that. 

Dragons Dogma was pointless, it felt more like side quests than following the actual main story. 

Lucifer i cant comment, i have not watched it, neither know how well was received by the fans. 

The marvel shows are another thing since they didnt have total freedom on their adaptations. 

Have not watched Lupin yet, so no comment there (from the look i dont think is an adaptation of Lupin III, so i dont even know from what is an adaptation) 

Troll Hunters i have heard good things, but was under the impression that it was an original project from Del Toro, so if is the case, it doesn't really count imo. 

And The Witcher. You know, i like the series, but is kind of a mixed bag if you have read the books it adapted. 

There are a lot of plotholes induced by changes, and a lot of characterizations changed for the worse. 

Saying that, one adaptation i watched that is actually better than the source material is Shadow and Bones, there are still issues, but it fixed other stuff that in the books were bad. 

Edited by Hecatom