Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

I understand but as you already know, we have to wait because his MAJESTY RASHID and his ROYAL HIGHNESS ED need to make it into the game first.

Tbh i'm ok with both, Ed in particular partially cover the shame we start without pure boxing rep

Of course i would dislike them if i can be sure these slots would have been otherwise used for more useful stuff like Dudley/Rog and Sagat/Adon (SF6 would have great cast just with vanilla+s1 in that case), but i have no proof of that

Actually they used third male slot for fucking Akuma, so Ed and Rashid are actually the cool part of S1 lol

The only Guest Character

I always mentioned that I'll tolerate is...

GARUDA because he doesn't need a clear backstory and origin other than a dormant entity that awakens just like NECALI.

So no complication and his gameplay is very Street Fightet because his playable in a Street Fighter game that is designed to have tons of SF characters in it

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

God people on twitter are fucking stupid:

image.png

This man really out there holding hatred in his heart because somebody called him an 09er.

😂

As far as internet forums went in the early 2000s, SRK was one of the friendliest and most accepting communities I came across. I'm very happy to have been a gay teen on SRK playing fighting games and figuring out myself. Definitely nothing like what this fucker describes.

Literally all the things people were mad at SRK for are worse in discord and twitter. Seriously all of them. Its hilarious how much people shit on SRK for things that are shittier now that its gone.

The funniest thing about it is that on FGC twitter, you rarely see conversations about strategy. Some character discords might have people actually discussing match ups, but that's rare. People on character discords get all up in their feeligns when you tell them they are wrong (just like they would on SRK) except now they can form a brigade to protect their feelings faster. So you get the "validity by numbers" thing happening but in real time (this was an issue in SRK too but not as pronounced).

SRK also had a gay thread which means SRK was on the queer side from the jump. 

Twitter can hold thaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

God people on twitter are fucking stupid:

image.png

This man really out there holding hatred in his heart because somebody called him an 09er.

😂

Antonio Banderas Laptop GIFs | Tenor

17 minutes ago, Daemos said:

As far as internet forums went in the early 2000s, SRK was one of the friendliest and most accepting communities I came across. I'm very happy to have been a gay teen on SRK playing fighting games and figuring out myself. Definitely nothing like what this fucker describes.

Dude would have killed himself after 1 month of Sherdog lmao

21 hours ago, Sonero said:

This is not even fun, kind of retardness mixed with american political histeria that caused huge impact on modern videogames... to think cunts like him are good % of gaming "journalism" is kinda depressing lol

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I know there are temporary buffs that you get on exploration missions that affect the stat but that's all I've noticed. Also join the Megashock guild 😉

Damn

Got Ryu as main char, but his automatic skill is parry-based, with 0% chance of parry it can be a problem 😅

Looked for the guild, but can't find it

Or better, search form allow you to write just "Megasho" and does'nt find anything 😄

I have the Plus-something version, not Crunchyroll one, may be that?  Example gift codes are different

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Literally all the things people were mad at SRK for are worse in discord and twitter. Seriously all of them. Its hilarious how much people shit on SRK for things that are shittier now that its gone.

Burn function reacts was quite used back in the when your talking deep story or visuals outside dedicated threads, but its also amazing that their are is a dedicated storythread, visuals and fanfiction.

I was in 2004 or 2005 just kinda next or close oldest to @Daemos

SRK was something that has something for everyone, compare to Capcom vs SNK forums

I was part of the OG and 1st storythread  the warriors of fate thread. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Bro did you ever browse the Bodybuilding.com forums? those guys were legit fucking crazy. Hilarious but also fucking crazy.

No for training/lifting advices had italian forum back then, personally got into Sherdog for MMA around early 2000s because here it was unknown sport, even at local kickboxing/MT gyms most guys did'nt knew it or had super vague idea

But i remember till few years ago Sherdog used to see Bodybuilding.com as some sort of cousin, not sure wich is the crazy(er) one lmao

I remember the months of inside joke every new poster was FBI because the boston bombers were sherdoggers (and also BB members iirc)

Still today political section have a pop-up lil thing on the corner that remind you it's not cool to encourage "violence/genocide", just in case you did'nt know

Now SDG became much more normal because the sport became mainstreaming btw, but still you can get occasional old school crazy gems

Last epic i remember where threads of some canadian guy in thailand who was gone in full paranoia that thai mafia wanted him dead (i don't even remember why) and his thai hooker/now thai girlfriend was plotting with the owner of the hotel to sell him to them (up to suspecting the cleaning room lady to spy), and how he could not reach embassy even during day because would be killed...  all with sherdoggers there in thailand for training in MT camps trying to contact him to help (because crazy or not thailand is not safest place to be crazy AND foreigner) in case there was a 10% off truth in that story

Iirc somehow sherbros got report from the embassy or some similar official channel, where essentially was said they know the guy and he's just like that, and that was'nt in danger beside imaginary ones

Then he returned to Canada thanking everyone for the help

Then he returned to Thailand again lmao

Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Maravilla said:

I mean, fei long would be an awesome dlc for sf6 am I right? 

With him missing SFV i pretend it lol

29 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I wouldn't be against it but they'd need to spice him up a bit. SF4 Fei was super boring.

I think they could have done a lot for him if he made it to SFV, i bet he would have got some fun shit with VSkill and VTriggers in particular

SF6 will do  him funny for sure, SF6 so far does everybody fun lol

So I watched AutoMattock on reacting to DI, which sparked a thought... Am I gonna be ready for it during week one or am I gonna have to work on my reactions a bit more? According to him, DI from at least Ryu is 26 frames. I went to Human Benchmark to check my raw reaction speed: it's 271 ms. Divide that by 16.67 ms and I'm sitting at about 16 frames. My fastest time which seemed like a fluke was half of that at 8 frames. During the betas I wasn't so ready because I needed to train my reactions and have more consideration towards the mental stack of new mechanics in general. Maybe I'll have it down in the next beta? So, how's your raw reaction speed...? 

Edited by ToreyBeans
Linking stuff
1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

So I watched AutoMattock on reacting to DI, which sparked a thought... Am I gonna be ready for it during week one or am I gonna have to work on my reactions a bit more? According to him, DI from at least Ryu is 26 frames. I went to Human Benchmark to check my raw reaction speed: it's 271 ms. Divide that by 16.67 ms and I'm sitting at about 16 frames. My fastest time which seemed like a fluke was half of that at 8 frames. During the betas I wasn't so ready because I needed to train my reactions and have more consideration towards the mental stack of new mechanics in general. Maybe I'll have it down in the next beta? So, how's your raw reaction speed...? 

The problem is when people take in "average reaction time" is its literally that, react to stimulus

not react, perceive and assess threat, appropriate response.

A 16f move is not reactable in a fighting game in any real sense cause you need to see it, recognize it for what it is, and then put in the appropriate response into your controller to deal with it.

Let alone whatever delay your input brings in, whatever delay your monitor has, whatever delay is inherent in the game etc etc etc.

That said though Raw DI is reactable in and of itself, but the truth of "reactions" in fighting games is a big giant mess for the most part.

1 hour ago, ToreyBeans said:

Ill echo EC a bit and say your raw reactions are typically not reflected in a fighting game
innate game latency, controller latency, monitor latency, how ambiguous an animation is, whether it has big flashing lights or other indicators to make it easy to react to...

I consider reactable in FGs to be around 25f. Some say a little less but I like to account for people having dead cat reactions (like me). DI on paper is exactly the kind of thing that you SHOULD be able to react to in a vacuum but as many people have observed about it...

DI is effective at first because people throw it at you as a reaction/knowledge check and you fail it but then you get used to it
Which leads to you looking for it and getting hit by other things
Which leads back to you getting hit by DI because you forgot about it because you assumed you could react and were busy looking at other things lol

2 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

That said though Raw DI is reactable in and of itself, but the truth of "reactions" in fighting games is a big giant mess for the most part.

I'm thinking among the mess of reactions is the whole mental stack game and the variety of characters as well as player patterns... Any other considerations or factors? 

2 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Honestly just happy its still so good considering I turn 40 in a few months

That's what's up. I'll be 40 in less than a month, on Bison's birthday, nonetheless! Here's to solid reactions for the decades to come! 

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

12 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I'm thinking among the mess of reactions is the whole mental stack game and the variety of characters as well as player patterns... Any other considerations or factors? 

That's what's up. I'll be 40 in less than a month, on Bison's birthday, nonetheless! Here's to solid reactions for the decades to come! 

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

I duno about the considerations other than so many people are totally full of it over the years and im sick of it lol

like taking about subzero f2 overhead in mk11 being "reliably blockable" 19f overhead when thats the biggest crock ive ever heard, then fake proof of putting themselves up against a bot and cherry picking the footage until it supports what they say.

People still get hit by jumps all the time, that really says it all. Call it mental stack or whatever but my reactions are better than like 95% of people and you are telling me you can react to moves reliably I absolutely can't is BS lol.

26f is on the slower side of reactable attacks, especially for something with a very distinct animation/VFX like DI. At that speed it requires setup to hit raw, and even then it’ll get blown up if the opponent expects it. 

Of course the real test is gameplay against a good character/opponent. 26f is very reactable in the lab but just fast enough that you might eat it if you also need to look out for 10 other options. 

Edit: @EvilCanadian lol I was literally thinking about Sub overhead when I typed this I fucking hated that move. That move is fast and has a pretty subtle startup animation. 

Edited by Vhozite
17 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Funny thing is that guy is on gamefaqs which is like the very definition of toxic.  

I go to Gamefaqs SF board and its ok. Hardly as many exciting conversations as on here. Reddit seems better although I hate the format to discuss things.

The worst one is Resetera. They ban you if you even mention Hogwarts Legacy, that's their level of stupidity and fragility...

SRK was always the best place, and this is the best substitute.

Edited by mykka
41 minutes ago, mykka said:

I go to Gamefaqs SF board and its ok. Hardly as many exciting conversations as on here. Reddit seems better although I hate the format to discuss things.

The worst one is Resetera. They ban you if you even mention Hogwarts Legacy, that's their level of stupidity and fragility...

SRK was always the best place, and this is the best substitute.

CapcomBBS AKA Unity

was kinda decent in circa 2005 - 2010 before it kinda end up like Gamefaq 

Ask Capcom section was the best before because you get answer, from TAS, SVEN and SKIL sometime but they let go of it later on it because it a demand section