Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

3 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

I'm calling it... Modern will be allowed in tournaments and Dynamic won't have a chance since it takes little skill to use. 

That would erode the very foundations of Street Fighter. They only reason I'm not flipping over these control schemes is because they are meant to reduce barriers of entry and not barriers to competitive. If we tolerate them in tournaments in any way, we are opening a pandora's box, and it will only lead us down the path of phasing out Classic controls over a generation or two.

2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

So as expected it's likely every character will have a classic outfit option, paid or otherwise. Capcom wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to ride SF nostalgia just a little bit more on 6

For every SF2er i think is easy bet

Curious about what will be the alt for Juri, Ed and Rashid

For Juri i pray SF4 but feel will get SFV (as SF6 is already very close to SF4), Ed and Rashid guess may get SFV default look, but Luke is proof things can be different

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Curious about what will be the alt for Juri, Ed and Rashid

Juri will just get her SFIV design remade a second time, now in REEngine

Rashid will prolly have his SFV default as an option - remember the character is now 7 years old, every newcomer that debuted in Vanilla V can almost be considered a series veteran now

Ed I'm not sure since his original design is still rather fresh in public's eye. He was first shown and added to the game, what, just 4 years ago?

18 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Juri will just get her SFIV design remade a second time, now in REEngine

Rashid will prolly have his SFV default as an option - remember the character is now 7 years old, every newcomer that debuted in Vanilla V can almost be considered a series veteran now

Ed I'm not sure since his original design is still rather fresh in public's eye. He was first shown and added to the game, what, just 4 years ago?

Juri would like if get SF4, still by far her best design

Reason i think we risk get SFV one is that as a whole SF6 look is already a reworking of her SF4 with small hints of V (leather, zippers), so maybe they will feel that for greater variety SFV biker suit will be more different

Rashid yeah, even if share some key colors SF6 one is different enough to justify SFV as alt

Ed idk, default would mean Neo Shadaloo uniform, guess depend on story development

I assume the golden owl brooch on his bomber jacket (and as flag next to german one) may indicate new Neo Shadaloo symbol, but on reality we don't know if is the current symbol or is owned by a different new organization

But even last case, NS uniform may still be useful to show how he passed from the NS that was hinted in SFV to whatever is the owl org (evolved/changed NS, new group etc), SFV used some "past" alts to tell the story before game events after all

Fun thing in theory NS uniform already was a "future" look, as most time we see/play as him in SFV, NS was'nt so developed yet

Luke is the other to have a "future" default look in SFV, his SFV look make more sense in SF6 (or at least after SFV), he even wear the sponsorship of the PMC that hired him (and our avatar) in SF6 world tour lol

I'm okay with Juri getting her SF 4 classic look back even if its similar to her SF 6 default, can't beat classic Juri , it will always be one of my fav looks for her, having that said i don't mind if the SFV default biker look returns as i think the new graphics will do it more justice since they can make textures look far better and the catsuit / latex / leather texture on it will look quite nice.

There are several looks i want for her to return and let's face it, she as well as other female characters will be getting a lot of costumes since Capcom likes money, but i really hope this makes it back in,it's one of my fav looks for her and it never returned to SF 5 sadly.

07_colors23.jpg

09_concept03.jpg

16 hours ago, Daemos said:

That would erode the very foundations of Street Fighter. They only reason I'm not flipping over these control schemes is because they are meant to reduce barriers of entry and not barriers to competitive. If we tolerate them in tournaments in any way, we are opening a pandora's box, and it will only lead us down the path of phasing out Classic controls over a generation or two.

It's not that serious. I don't see a reason to banned these controls from competition. Anyone who uses them will be handicapping themselves. If that's how they chose to play the game let them. Enjoy the free wins.

16 hours ago, Daemos said:

Agree, If they are trying to reach a certain demographic to compete and the easy inputs would be allowed in general.

They should had dedicated characters for that just like the neo shadaloo characters but more easier.

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's not that serious. I don't see a reason to banned these controls from competition. Anyone who uses them will be handicapping themselves. If that's how they chose to play the game let them. Enjoy the free wins.

I think the Dynamic Controls are more of the handicap thing which could be considerable because it not something of "what you want" is what gonna get to "happen"

It's like my experience with AUTO MODE in Marvel VS SF, which was entirely different from the AUTO MODE from ALPHA and Xmen VS SF 

You can't play properly with MVSF Auto mode because the traditional combo potential like launcher and chains are also changed and doesn't work normally.

You can't launch/juggle then combo. it has a separate dedicate designed air combo features.

While the earlier Auto Mode only gives you ways auto guard and super meter is cut down to LEVEL 1  stock on MAX instead of 3  

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I disagree. I think it is that serious. Once it has a foot in the door, it will start to change the competitive scene and over time the players will change too. The changes will happen very slowly over several years or 2-3 games. It should not be allowed if we want to preserve Street Fighter,

32 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I disagree. I think it is that serious. Once it has a foot in the door, it will start to change the competitive scene and over time the players will change too. The changes will happen very slowly over several years or 2-3 games. It should not be allowed if we want to preserve Street Fighter,

I don't think that will happen. Modern and dynamic will need to be competitively viable for that snowball to go downhill. Modern removes three normals, pre-selected special moves with pre-selected strengths, needing to rely on auto combos for damage. The control scheme is denys you a character full moveset and functions as training wheels.

Dynamic is for the parents who want to let their young kids do cool shit in the game without having to learn anything.

I don't see it taking off.

IDK about all of you but i would be mad embarrassed if i was known for the dude that won a tournament using a mode that pretty much makes the AI take the best possible decision vs my opponent by simply pressing 1 button.

Ay so i'm that dude who won the tournament by doing this

red-button-spam.gif

Think i'll retire from the FGC and start competing in tetris matches instead before that happens.

Edited by Skort

My problem is that they already have EASY INPUT/MODERN mode and another separate DYNAMIC MODE

Having TWO option for BEGINNER MODE is a bad idea.

This is kinda usability design practice even to doing CALL TO ACTION.

They should have JUST settled with 2 OPTION in general, the Normal and Dynamic.

The Dynamic would be barely useful for someone that is into competitive even it was allowed into. BUT the EASY INPUT is a different thing that can be workaround later on.

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 11/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, The Slick Tony said:

Ah, the one handed playing is 'Dynamic Controls'.

On 11/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, The Slick Tony said:

All right look i'm all for simplifing the execution barrier but one finger,one handed gameplay???? That just spits in the eye of the endless hours i practiced Zangief's 360 on pad to perfection. I'm sorry but what's next??

Breathe on the control and it plays for itself??

*&^%$#@ Stupid if you ask me.

I'm as old school as it gets to SF so when it comes to Fighting games,i STRONGLY believe in putting in that work! This isn't even bending over backwards to cater for casuals anymore its folding yourself ten times over like fricking origami .

5 hours ago, Skort said:

IDK about all of you but i would be mad embarrassed if i was known for the dude that won a tournament using a mode that pretty much makes the AI take the best possible decision vs my opponent by simply pressing 1 button.

Ay so i'm that dude who won the tournament by doing this

red-button-spam.gif

Think i'll retire from the FGC and start competing in tetris matches instead before that happens.

No there is nothing embarrassing about that dude. He did what he needed to do to win without breaking the rules. What would be embarrassing is the state of affairs that a STREET FIGHTER tournament, once renowned for his high level of execution, was won by a single button control scheme that the DEVELOPERS added and the TOs embraced.

@HawkingbirdI hope you are right and this ends with just it being about letting our kids play. I know I will have a lot of fun with my nephews playing SF6 because of this (and once I get my hands on BISON!!!!).

I let my 6th or 5th grade sister throw hadouken and finish hyper fighting on difficulty 4 in sega genesis in wayback 2009-2010, My sister wasn't even a gamer or wasn't into video games.

That's why I don't really think having multiple option of handicap beginner input are necessary.

And Dynamic is the absolute answer for button masher and little brother already. It's not a tournament thing but the other one (Easy/Modern Controls) is unnecessary that is kinda similar to the concept of mobile games.

Edited by Shakunetsu