Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Hosting forums isn't financially viable for every single community out there. Why the fuck would you open one for like 15 people when opening a discord is entirely free and provides real time discussion? 

You do realize where you're saying this, right?

A lot of forums you'd run into from googling a topic and them randomly showing up.

Been playing a lot of SF2 lately and noticed that special move inputs seem a lot harder (and less consistent) in Super Turbo than Hyper Fighting.

maybe that’s just a “me” thing, but in ST, I am lucky when I get four DPs off in a row. I always thought it was Street Fighter 2 as a whole that had stupidly strict inputs because of my ST experience, but after playing HF more and being able to DP like twenty times in a row anytime I try, it really seems like an ST issue.

has anyone else noticed this?

I read in the SuperCombo wikis that ST has some sort of randomizer (with min/max values) for how many frames you have after a directional input to hit the next direction in a special, but since ST has by far the most info on it, I just assumed that was again, a general SF2 thing and not an ST-specific thing, but maybe I’m wrong?

Anyone else feel the same or am I just a scrub? Lol

14 hours ago, Sonero said:

You do realize where you're saying this, right?

Yes. I also realize misterbee created and maintains Megashock out of his own pocket and in his free time, including but not limited to the domain name. Much like how SRK once was established and survived thanks to the huge traffic from the actual FGC

14 hours ago, Sonero said:

A lot of forums you'd run into from googling a topic and them randomly showing up.

such as?

Edited by -PVL93-
2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

such as?

Literally anything car related. Any model even remotely popular will have forums with discussion on builds, common problems, buying guides, etc

Edit: I just googled “Tire Fitment 23 BRZ”. GR86.org, the forum for my car (that I’m active on), was the 4th website linked on Google. Showed a couple relevant threads on the topic.

Edited by Vhozite
37 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Literally anything car related. Any model even remotely popular will have forums with discussion on builds, common problems, buying guides, etc

ah, not surprising. Car talk is probably the best possible fit for a forum, not so much live chats like Discord and/or subreddits. Hell Top Gear grew in popularity immensely because of a very old forum where the show was discussed weekly

I think it's entirely pointless in the current online fighting gaming environment to enter special codes to used Akuma

It's not even passable as a novelty or for "ST" fans because regular ST players are commonly "competitive" by nature and they understand it is pointless as a gatekeeping tool to avoid exploitation. character exploitation is necessary.

It's just another form of pointless gatekeeping that has no sense, Capcom already lowered the barrier on input execution 

Secret conversation references PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale in God of War Ragnarok

God of War Ragnarok was released just last week. The game is a lengthy single player experience that sees Kratos' journey through as he battles enemies such as Thor, the God of Thunder from Norse Mythology.

Kratos carries quite the history with him into this latest adventure. Under certain circumstances, a unique conversation between him and Mimir, the "Smartest Man Alive," can occur that directly references the inclusion of Kratos as a playable character in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, a platform brawler that originally released November 20, 2012.

"Brother, I've heard my share of stories about your homeland," begins Mimir once the conversation is triggered. "But I'd also heard that you once fought in a tournament."

Spoiler

Kratos acknowledges this simply by stating that he's "fought in many contests." As usual, Kratos has very few words to offer.

"But this particular one... I heard you did battle with beasts, scoundrels, princesses, the undead, automatons, and... history's greatest musician," continued Mimir. "That's not... that's not true, is it?"

Unfortunately, Kratos was unwilling to speak about this any further, but his response seemingly confirms the legitimacy of the rumor.

The beasts that Mimir is referring to could be references to characters like Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Toro Inoue. Mimir's comment about "scoundrels" could be seen as a reference to characters like Nathan Drake, Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth, Evil Cole, or Heihachi.

As for the mention of "princesses," this comment seems directly tied to Fat Princess. Sir Daniel Fortesque is the aforementioned undead while Raiden and Big Daddy are the automatons.

"History's greatest musician" is a very specific title that's seemingly being reserved for PaRappa the Rapper. Indeed, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was effectively Sony's version of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. series.

While Mimir's comments could also be perceived as a reference to Kratos' guest appearance in the PlayStation 3 version of Mortal Kombat 9 (released 2011), Press-Start has confirmed with God of War Ragnarok's Narrative Director, Matt Sophos, that this is in fact a reference to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

It's been over 10 years since PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was released for the PlayStation 3, but there are still no signs of a sequel for the game. After development for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale had ceased, the then president of Sony Worldwide Studios noted that, although the game had sold over a million units worldwide, PSASBR didn't have the momentum to continue adding characters or do a sequel.

The last characters added to the game were Isaac from Dead Space and Zeus from God of War. Fans later learned that Dart from The Legend of Dragoon and Abe from Oddworld were also planned as DLC, but development was inevitably scrapped.

It is certainly interesting how PSASBR has now been confirmed as "canon" within the God of War universe with this conversation, especially with the resurgence of the platform brawler genre with games like Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl and MultiVersus. Fans probably shouldn't take this as some sort of hint that a sequel for PSASBR is currently in the works, but perhaps it could happen someday. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed for that day.

Edited by AriesWarlock

What? I'm an ST fan and I don't want any of that.

FFS, dont' ever make me unlock another fucking character for the rest of my goddamned life. I finally got a job, I got a child, I have a wife I'm trying to romance 24/7. There is 0 time in the fucking day to beat Arcade mode because some fucking nerds need a reason to duck others online.

😡

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

What? I'm an ST fan and I don't want any of that.

FFS, dont' ever make me unlock another fucking character for the rest of my goddamned life. I finally got a job, I got a child, I have a wife I'm trying to romance 24/7. There is 0 time in the fucking day to beat Arcade mode because some fucking nerds need a reason to duck others online.

😡

My opinion on unlocks is simple. Unlocks>Opening Up My Wallet. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Remember to vote for Sifu for best fighting game lol

https://www.thegameawards.com/nominees/best-fighting

I just voted Elden Ring down ballot lmao

Also I just want say that the current twitch experience when it comes to fighting games is fucking aids ass cancer. Every tournament is bogged down by ads that will literally start up when someone is about to make a comeback. It's really really fucking annoying. I have an ad block for my phone but the issue is that even with the ad block blocking the ads it does this fucking annoying thing where the screen just freezes. And it will do this like 7 times back to back. I fucking hate this shit!

Looks like the guys on 

ST Legacy implemented what I have been suggesting for Akuma to lose the generic Hadouken

During the pandemic, I have dev of it in NO-Honor-Crew FB Group about Akuma having to lose the generic Hadouken and just have Shakunetsu Hadouken as his generic Hadouken, also in their Discord

I have also submitted ideas and mockup on the UI indicators but the dev(Sergio) have visual design named Tyrone which did a decent job already.

That the same thing I have been also saying in various SFV threads in SRK that AKUMA needs to lose his generic hadouken not just before Akuma's reveal in SF5 but also for the future of SF games like SF6. @Voltalways poke fun on this because of my Username haha

vRdfIpg.png

hgtyx32.png

I wasn't tracking their updates until I have seen this one. Good Job

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

I just voted Elden Ring down ballot lmao

Also I just want say that the current twitch experience when it comes to fighting games is fucking aids ass cancer. Every tournament is bogged down by ads that will literally start up when someone is about to make a comeback. It's really really fucking annoying. I have an ad block for my phone but the issue is that even with the ad block blocking the ads it does this fucking annoying thing where the screen just freezes. And it will do this like 7 times back to back. I fucking hate this shit!

As someone who watches hella twitch on the phone either at work or elsewhere

They broke me bro...i bitched up and got turbo... whatever it takes to make it stop...🧟‍♂️

Imma keep it 💯,

After talking to a lot of people started playing fighting games in the last few years, they're ideas of power levels are all fucked up. Its dope to put somebody in a 4 way mix up that they have to hold, but if a DP hits a low that shit is broken.

30 second pressure strings? Fine. DPs hitting things that aren't just in the air? 😡

I don't know wtf is gonna happen when Ryu cracks somebody's ankle with an LP DP in SF6.

😂

While waiting on SFVI news I finally managed to complete C. Viper's trials in SFIV, bringing me to 99,53% completion in the Ultra trials and 99,88% in the regular ones.

I've been slowly doing those trials over time since SFV came out, and now I'm only missing El Fuerte's last trial (comboing heavy punch three times through the run cancels), Decapre's last trial (which probably requires pianoing to do it normally, but I think I can do it on controller by remapping the buttons) and Yang's trials 21, 23 and 24 because Yang's trials are a bitch to do for some reason, even though Yun's ones was piss easy.

Crimson Viper confirmed for SFVI I guess.

Hope they keep her big tiddies.

On 11/10/2022 at 12:01 AM, AriesWarlock said:

For those who want to main old guys, there's an old guy here:

Yeah he might look dopey as hell but you see that DAMAGE???? Just my kinda trolling fighter for real LOL!!! Personally i wouldn't mind if Gen returned if we talking about the grandpas. Imma definately try out JP cause he looks like that char nobody would pick. I'm really OG myself so i kind of relate to the elder fighters.

7 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Crimson Viper confirmed for SFVI I guess.

Hope they keep her big tiddies.

I think looking at the female roster in 6 thus far and their designs you shouldn't be worried at all about Capcom preserving the core values of each character 

Which means when Menat returns as DLC she'll blow up the whole Internet with a new wave of r34 artwork