Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

To be quite honest I fail to see who would find that even remotely enjoyable.

New players may lack experience but when your entire gaming session boils down to tapping a single button where is the fun in that  ? It certainly isn't there and I seriously doubt it teaches you anything besides seeing what certain combos the character can do without doing them yourself.

10 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm okay with this one but there was this modern controls. having two is a bad idea, and I prefer this one than modern since this was designed for noobie and parties.

I’m indifferent to both but feel like one of them has to give, to give any credence to the other. I don’t know why anyone would want to kneecap their move list just to be able to compete if dynamic just does moves and movement for you. I understand Capcom is trying to hit every mark here and I commend them for that but I feel like the type of people that want modern controls would be the same type to want dynamic and them being annoyed that they can’t play dynamic online. I could be insanely wrong but it already feels like shit playing on modern controls. I couldn’t image someone ultra casual doing dynamic and then being like “heh I beat the CPU at level 8 I’m ready for the world” only for them to look like the screaming wojack being like “WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT USE DYNAMIC ONLINE?!?!”

Edited by TWINBLADES
27 minutes ago, Skort said:

They may switch up the DLC for the first year to mess with us a bit and not follow the leaked info.

I would be okay with Sagat instead of Ed or Rashid.

Would not necessary be instead, maybe the ones  we seen will all make it within Season 1 DLC

If they like to keep SFV Seasons model it was 6 characters, usually 4 males and 2 females

Ed, Rashid, AKI, Akuma + Sagat +  a female

Would still fit that model

1 minute ago, CESTUS III said:

Would still fit that model

With the game rumoured to release Q1 2023 with the month being closer to April i personally doubt they will release 6 characters in the remaining year.

Actually if we take into account that investor call data where they said only 1 release in Q1 if I recall and that not being SF6 then the launch date will be pushed passes Q1 for SF6,leaving them with even less time for a presumably 6 characters for their first year of DLC if the plan would be to release the last one December 2023.

I personally don't see the game getting 6 DLC in it's launch year as things are looking up currently.

36 minutes ago, Skort said:

To be quite honest I fail to see who would find that even remotely enjoyable.

New players may lack experience but when your entire gaming session boils down to tapping a single button where is the fun in that  ? It certainly isn't there and I seriously doubt it teaches you anything besides seeing what certain combos the character can do without doing them yourself.

I don't even think that(dynamic) would even work on tournaments even they allowed that too

Because that would be hard to work around with. Unlike the Modern scheme.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

I think it's like so

Dynamic is for totally casual settings, like people who don't actually play fighting games and don't want to learn shit, just using the game as a stylish low effort dopamine hit 

Modern is training wheels for people who want to try to learn but are irrationally intimidated by the actual control scheme. Maybe they were running dynamic in world tour and got bored so they switch to this

And classic is classic ofc

Whether this will do what its supposed to do and funnel casuals into using classic/ keep them happy while they play story mode

That's the question...

8 hours ago, Skort said:

With the game rumoured to release Q1 2023 with the month being closer to April i personally doubt they will release 6 characters in the remaining year.

Actually if we take into account that investor call data where they said only 1 release in Q1 if I recall and that not being SF6 then the launch date will be pushed passes Q1 for SF6,leaving them with even less time for a presumably 6 characters for their first year of DLC if the plan would be to release the last one December 2023.

I personally don't see the game getting 6 DLC in it's launch year as things are looking up currently.

What i'm saying is that if they like to keep 6 characters Season model, Sagat would not automatically interfere with the other missing 4 (Rashid, Ed, AKi,Akuma) we already know will join the cast, as a group of 6 would still offer 2 slots to fill (1 male 1 female if they follow old ratio)

Tbh we don't know enough to make up a theory about what they can or they can't in terms of meeting the dates and targets

To think they can do 4 but not 6 feels weirdly specific considering we barely have any info on release date beyond a vague idea, what % of the game they completed and how their work progress is going, if they're being rushed or not, what's their DLC plan and so on lol

To be clear, also think SF6 will follow a 6 char model Season is an assumption on my side, can be whatever (SF4 cast growth was different than SFV's)

20 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

lol

on other news

@Jion_Wansu

@Sonero

Lol rudy has been doing multiple videos subsequently being pissed, looks like his up to something on driving consumer emotion on products

The SF6 crack is gonna be a Capcom troll move LMAO!!!

When the game gets released, Capcom will have changed all of how the characters play it'll be like the difference between SFII World Warrior and SSFIIX. Ready for the salt.

yeah as of late YouTube and social medias in general have been on a weird thing lately. Saw this video

The above video is a response to this video. Lo and behold that H3H3 guy got banned too LOOOL:

Somehow this video about H3H3 (or L3L3) led me to a video where LTG and Aba are in the same podcast (say what?). Surprised that DSP wasn't mentioned lol.

Then you have this:

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Remember we discussed here Jamie's full name some months ago, we have it

Immagine

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

This game is gonna be so crack. This might actually kill my desire to play anything for the next 6 years. I missed so many games from 2016-19 because I was obsessed with getting gud. I thought the shit burnt me out which is why I stopped playing until after the SF6 beta. But 6 was so fucking good. I played that shit into wee night and literally missed my bus to work the next day even though I told myself I would just download the beta and go to sleep lmao

1 hour ago, -PVL93- said:

Capcom saw how people reacted to Juri

now they're proppingup Kim with this

wait and see what happens when Manon is revealed

Nah Kim is the booty character. Manon probably going to be the boob character. Juri's feet, Chun's legs. Marisa is the "step on me mommy" function. And Cammy is the cross fit girl.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Remember when all the goofballs were like "OH NO, THEY'RE GETTING RID OF FANSERVICE NOW I CANT DEAL WITH THIS CENSORSHIP" and now the game is way hornier than its ever been.

😂

You ain't lyin man. I'm looking at the continuous thirst trap costumes Chun Li, Cammy, Laura, Juri, Karin, and even Sakura got in SFV and thinking really? Sakura out here looking like a Christmas Themed Stripper? Asking Ryu to put a baby in her.

NR25gLTQE3Hzfjw6DZ-stmEzWQL6yCl5M6wOCcIB

WTF is woke about this?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

WTF is woke about this?

Nothing. Except that you have a section of people that need ass checks to be hanging out of every female characters and titties out. If neither happens then its censorship. If you think that's corny then you're a prude who is against  women expressing their sexuality.

Easily one of the top 10 stupidest conversations that ever graced GD. Dudes acting like the whole of the world got oppressed because they switched Mika's super animation and Cammy's intro when in reality we were oppressed because SF5 sucks fucking dicks.

7 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

And they ripped off Isla with Kimberly.  I'm a Capcom fanboy but even I'll admit SNK has them beat in the character design department.  

I doubt they ripped Isla off. SF6 has been in production for a while. KOFXV and SF6 were in production at the same item. KOFXV just released first. Manon looking like Shermie though, they knew what they were doing. Character has been around for 25 years. Kimberly and Isla is another Urien and Yashiro situation.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I doubt they ripped Isla off. SF6 has been in production for a while. KOFXV and SF6 were in production at the same item. KOFXV just released first. Manon looking like Shermie though, they knew what they were doing. Character has been around for 25 years. Kimberly and Isla is another Urien and Yashiro situation.

I don't know looks way too similar to be a coincidence to me.  

Either way, Kimberly is a dope character so I'm not complaining.  Capcom and SNK has been using each other's ideas for years at this point.  Who came first between Urien and Yashiro?

You can make a case of Capcom copying SNK’s homework with Manon, but outside of using spraycans, Isla and Kimberly are nowhere near the same. The way the cans factor in their character are also completely different.

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Kimberly and Isla is another Urien and Yashiro situation.

That reminds me of the time when Tekken 6 was released in arcades before SF4 and too many people thought that Capcom copied Bob because they also made a fat but quick American blonde man with Rufus. I just think a lot of people don’t realize how long development of something can be. 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

You know, they say that the FGC has a pretty shitty community towards new people and it may be so in some parts but i remember when i first started getting into fighting games more "serious"  and stumbled upon the SRK forums,really had no clue what's up since i am basically a FPS / MMO player at heart. Basically had no clue how to play and since i was playing Gouken and Juri and the Gouken forums were not active at all i asked in the Juri forums how to improve my defense and a lot of really basic stuff that would had been easy to mock. 

Response ? Great feedback, tutorials and ways to motivate me to keep playing and try and improve. When , how and what to do. Me starting out with a complex character like Juri was not ideal either but we take it ! 

Honestly the only people who say shit about the FGC never went to other communities. SRK was always pretty welcoming if you wanted to learn. It had zero patience for people who were either unwilling to listen or did not want to put the effort. Even the best players in the US have that period where they were just getting shit canned.  But if you can't gt your mindset towards improving then 🤷‍♂️.