Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

14 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Watching @Phantom_Miriadismantle a Cammy player on Eventhubs.

He's a guy who will unironically say that Cammy isn't strong because she doesn't have a command grab or a overhead and her specials are unsafe, and also whines constantly about SFV even though he played 4 times more than me, and he thinks all the players that weren't good in IV must have been carried and are frauds in V, even with Mena and Punk who were literally kids when IV was the main game.

He's like Cipher, but more annoying and way less self-aware.

Imagine that!

29 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

He's a guy who will unironically say that Cammy isn't strong because she doesn't have a command grab or a overhead and her specials are unsafe, and also whines constantly about SFV even though he played 4 times more than me, and he thinks all the players that weren't good in IV must have been carried and are frauds in V, even with Mena and Punk who were literally kids when IV was the main game.

I need links, NAO! oh and please!

I've been trolling twitter non-stop since I got that account for posting tech. Think by the end of the year I'll be a qualified, full blown menace on it.

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdNot trying to be an ass, but I have no idea who that is. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to sub to everyone I'd like to. That said I'm usually subbed to 3 or 4 FGC streamers.  My main issue is that I don't have energy I used to. I've always been the dude that goes to bed at 2am and gets up 6 or 7 without issue. It's not that easy anymore. So I just can't watch as many streams as I used to while still having time to do other shit. I never thought I'd miss those days where I just flat out didn't go to sleep. Hurts my creativity too. I'm seem to come up with my best stuff when I haven't slept. Didn't realize how much I structured my life around my lack of sleep until I typed up this post.

I have no idea who she is. I personally can't stand a streamer who begs for subs.

28 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdNot trying to be an ass, but I have no idea who that is. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to sub to everyone I'd like to. That said I'm usually subbed to 3 or 4 FGC streamers.  My main issue is that I don't have energy I used to. I've always been the dude that goes to bed at 2am and gets up 6 or 7 without issue. It's not that easy anymore. So I just can't watch as many streams as I used to while still having time to do other shit. I never thought I'd miss those days where I just flat out didn't go to sleep. Hurts my creativity too. I'm seem to come up with my best stuff when I haven't slept. Didn't realize how much I structured my life around my lack of sleep until I typed up this post.

I'm subbed to Capcom fighters/Tyrant and Monkey man. Most FGC content creators suck massive ass and have 0 personality. I'm not saying you gotta be YOOOOO DUDES GET HYPE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH but you gotta offer me something. Brian F is probably the only notable FGC content creator that isn't a non grass touching loser and I'm not even subbed to him. 

Actually thinking about it now, FGC relevance doesn't really have a consistent line. Brian F can get 600 to 1K viewers while storied commentators like James Chen can barely crack triple digits. Just a Kid and Endwalker both won majors and their twitch viewership goes up by like 5 people. I think it's a crying shame fighting games can't pull the same numbers as shooters. I don't give a fuck our genre is the best competitive shit out there. 

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Imagine that!

Oh I know that guy, he was on an endless crusade claiming Karin was piss easy and Cammy was so difficult to play.  This was during the year that Cammy was consensus number 1 in the game too.  Pretty much everyone else thinks Karin is harder - not this guy though who seems to be living in his own little bubble lol.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Imagine that!

He's a very stubborn dude that just loves crying about Cammy 365 days of the yr. He complained even when she was good. Once she started getting hit with nerfs, he went over the edge. It's crazy that he has 18k games in without getting out of Diamond/Super Diamond. He's just been stuck there forever.

I told Demon that I've been running nothing but VT2 Cammy for nearly 2 yrs with basically the same consistency I've had with VT1 Cammy. That wasn't enough to convince him that it's a "him" problem rather than Cammy. Current Cammy is the "weakest" version of Cammy and yet she's still pretty solid despite the nerfs. I just had to change up my approach. Like throwing out certain buttons all willy nilly.

For what it's worth, I doubt he'd even be able to beat Punk in SF4. He wasn't known for that game, but he was actually really good in it.

I already know he's going to be whining about Cammy in SF6. Can't wait.

37 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

He's a very stubborn dude that just loves crying about Cammy 365 days of the yr. He complained even when she was good. Once she started getting hit with nerfs, he went over the edge. It's crazy that he has 18k games in without getting out of Diamond/Super Diamond. He's just been stuck there forever.

I told Demon that I've been running nothing but VT2 Cammy for nearly 2 yrs with basically the same consistency I've had with VT1 Cammy. That wasn't enough to convince him that it's a "him" problem rather than Cammy. Current Cammy is the "weakest" version of Cammy and yet she's still pretty solid despite the nerfs. I just had to change up my approach. Like throwing out certain buttons all willy nilly.

For what it's worth, I doubt he'd even be able to beat Punk in SF4. He wasn't known for that game, but he was actually really good in it.

I already know he's going to be whining about Cammy in SF6. Can't wait.

Imagine if, for the first time since 2009, Cammy actually ends up being weak for real. How is this guy gonna cope?

It's pretty unlikely because at this point Cammy is established as the straightforward, very direct rushdown character, and I think if that archetype doesn't have strong basic tools immediately out of the gate it just doesn't work, but still.

Maybe he's gonna cope just fine actually, because in his head Cammy has been low tier already all along. Who knows?

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Imagine if, for the first time since 2001, Cammy actually ends up being weak for real. How is this guy gonna cope?

She's S tier in CvS2. Cammy has only really been bad in ST, A3 (I think....not sure really), and the VS series. Cammy and Chun are consistently good in SF games. If one isn't great, the other one will surely be (sometimes its both at the same time).

Either way you guys have not posted the article where this clown is at.

😤

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

She's S tier in CvS2. Cammy has only really been bad in ST, A3 (I think....not sure really), and the VS series. Cammy and Chun are consistently good in SF games. If one isn't great, the other one will surely be (sometimes its both at the same time).

Either way you guys have not posted the article where this clown is at.

😤

Cammy isn't bad at all in Alpha 3, she's around mid tier. ST is the only game I can think of that she's legit bad in. Her and Akuma basically get a free pass at being top tier in every game. Hell, Akuma is even busted in Tekken.

Edited by HeavensCloud

He should have just took the Cornflakes when Sagat offered them. Now he's dealing with a seven and half foot angry man with a shotgun.

Edit: I guess my phone ate my previous post. I was asking how strong Cammy was in SFA2G. I had the game back in day. She didn't seem that strong but i didn't play the game much. I wasn't a fan of how much they nerfed the fireball damage. Fireballs basically did chip damage on hit.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Hey guys, as you know i aim to make mods as well with what i learned so far.

Mad props to @Hecatom for telling me about Blender when he did because i haven't had so much fun learning new things in ages. Sure it can be frustrating but when stuff works out,the results can feel so damn rewarding.  

I always had issues with weight painting in Blender  ( in short making the character mesh follow the armature bones properly ) , but i have done this mod for her then proceeded to do a few renders with it as well. I need to look more into how i export it to the actual game  but for now check out this new look i gave Juri !  Damn i'm gonna mod the hell out of this game when it releases and i am more confident in my skills !!!

Hype !

Juri-mod-1.jpg

Juri-mod-2.jpg

Juri-mod-3.jpg

17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SkortYou continue to impress. For whatever it's worth, I'm proud of you man. Now I'm hearing the Juri SF6 Theme in my head. Thankfully its one of if not my favorite SF6 theme. 😁

It's definitely appreciated man, thank you very much !  I aim to improve further.

When you cant' find the mods you want ....

thanos-fine-ill-do-it-myself.gif

PS : Glad you like Juri's theme however you will be hearing Cammy's and Manon's themes as well as i plan to rip and mod their models also  !

Edited by Skort

I think this might be the first game awards where no matter what games you play you're gonna be eating. 

This is what I'm hoping will be there 

SF6  (95%)

T8  (100%)

NRS/MK (99%)

FF16  (100%)

Elden Ring DLC (75%)

Lies of P (60%)

Wo Long (75%)

Stellar Blade (55%)

FF7 Rebirth (15%)

Tears of the Kingdom (80%)

Marvel Vs Capcom 4: Age of of new Empires (SP Wesker Edition) (1000000000000000000000000000000000000000%) 😉

13 hours ago, Sonero said:

I honestly don't know much about A3. But A3 seems like a game where its "these few characters do some buffoonish stuff" rather than "these characters are actually bad". They may be good if it weren't for other characters doing goofed up stuff.

what do mean about "these few characters do some buffoonish stuff"

Is it like A3 has characters some of weird/crazy/unconventional stuff instead of they are just generally bad?