Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

5 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Even though the game is called "Mutant Apocalypse", Magneto is the final boss. And his forcefield is annoying asf!!

One of my fav Marvel games ever.

speaking of Magneto, It makes me remember that Capcom hasn't implemented the shield effectively on magneto beyond MSH space gems.

from xvs onwards they never tried redoing/reworking his shield as an install for him even it was very integral to magneto mutant powers in everything of his known appearance

Edited by Shakunetsu
9 hours ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

The Battle Arena Toshinden story series as I remember was briefly explained by the producer. So, here it goes...

Sho won the very first tournament against his rival Gaia, which was suppose to be a planned prequel of the two as the main characters before the first tournament. 

Sho met Cupido, which she gave up the organization to have a relationship with him, which the two eventually had Subaru ( the main character from Toshinden 4). However, Cupido rejoined the organization and Sho challenged her to a death battle, killing her, due to him failing to reason with her. Sho eventually killed the entire organization in the second tournament.

Ripper from URA and Cupido were siblings, which he almost murdered Sho's younger brother Eiji as an example to provoke Sho in order to fight Ripper. That tournament, they didn't fight, but Eiji defeated Ripper and Vermillion.

The third tournament, Eiji eventually fought Sho in a long and tiring fight, Eiji eventually winning. Sho trusted his son to Eiji for him to train for the fourth tournament. Eiji eventually won the third tournament. Kayin retired from fighting and gave his sword to his step daughter, which she is the second main character in the 4th tournament.

During the events before the fourth tournament, Sho and Ripper fought, Ripper killed Sho, due to killing his sister. 

Subaru won the fourth tournament, but Eiji eventually killed Vermillion.

All this made me remember this shit i had for Saturn Jap

D-Xhird - Box - Front

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/32777

No idea what story was even about, but had Eiji as hidden char, don't know if was same universe of Toshinden or just a non-canon cameo lol

6 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

speaking of Magneto, It makes me remember that Capcom hasn't implemented the shield effectively on magneto beyond MSH space gems.

from xvs onwards they never tried redoing/reworking his shield as an install for him even it was very integral to magneto mutant powers in everything of his known appearance

Yeah, they turned it into a lame counterattack. It can still nullify projectiles when timed properly, but I really wish it was more like MSH. Even though COTA Magneto was always kicking my ass, I actually liked how effective his forcefield was.

1 hour ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Yeah, they turned it into a lame counterattack. It can still nullify projectiles when timed properly, but I really wish it was more like MSH. Even though COTA Magneto was always kicking my ass, I actually liked how effective his forcefield was.

They could have at least try to reworked like the leaf shield of megaman in mVC with atleast 5 hit armor.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

They could have at least try to reworked like the leaf shield of megaman in mVC with atleast 5 hit armor.

I agree. They even removed his forcefield blocking animation in MVC3. He blocks the same way, but you don't see him surrounded by it like the older games.

Meanwhile, Dormammu, Super Skrull, and Nova are all surrounded by their forcefields while blocking. 

30 minutes ago, Skort said:

Cammy is easy to cosplay. 

Easy to cosplay? HA! Do you even know what one has to go through to pull off a body like that in a one piece? Cammy's body was literally crafted to perfection. To pull a GOOD Cammy cosplay requires insane dedication.

Most of these girls are just cosplaying as Cammy as an excuse to slut it up (watch Mean Girls segment on Halloween to understand). They don't care about authenticity. 

10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Easy to cosplay? HA! Do you even know what one has to go through to pull off a body like that in a one piece? Cammy's body was literally crafted to perfection. To pull a GOOD Cammy cosplay requires insane dedication.

Most of these girls are just cosplaying as Cammy as an excuse to slut it up (watch Mean Girls segment on Halloween to understand). They don't care about authenticity. 

Was talking about the costume not the physique of whoever is wearing it .

Compared to most outfits out there, Cammy's is fairly simple. Don't exaggerate the topic for nothing.

8 hours ago, Skort said:

Was talking about the costume not the physique of whoever is wearing it .

Compared to most outfits out there, Cammy's is fairly simple. Don't exaggerate the topic for nothing.

Simple doesn't mean easy. You said easy.

Cammy's costume maybe simple but she is NOT easy to cosplay. No exaggeration. My point stands.

Most end up looking like whales in green floss or bad strippers. That's okay I guess considering their target audience. Not everyone can be Kylie Minogue.

42 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Simple doesn't mean easy. You said easy.

Cammy's costume maybe simple but she is NOT easy to cosplay. No exaggeration. My point stands.

Most end up looking like whales in green floss or bad strippers. That's okay I guess considering their target audience. Not everyone can be Kylie Minogue.

So the only correct way to cosplay is to have the proper ~100% physique as the character itself ?  Miss me with that logic,that might as well eliminate 90% of people that cosplay.

As I said you are making a big case out of nothing for some reason. My point was about her costume that is far more easy to do compared to others, not the physique.

PS: Cammy is fit and  actually has a lot of muscle tone that Kylie lacks yet Kylie still pulled off the role well enough making your point invalid.

tddey4gsv3p61.png?auto=webp&s=2d4f45b27b

FJp7wp-VgAMqiuy.jpg

Edited by Skort
9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SF2 Cammy

Was ripped as well  ( not steroids ) 

SSF2T_Cammy.gif

cammy-street-fighter.gif

11 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Finally you are beginning to connect the dots because that is precisely the plan!

Miss me with this.

Some costumes are far easier to pull off than others ( the only thing I was taking about in my post ). But since you keep bringing up body type  the need to be 100% in shape to cosplay is not required as most people that do it are just a bunch of girls and guys that just want to have fun and a good time.

Obviously who looks more similar to the character when it comes to physique will pull it off better but that applies to every fictional character out there regardless of the complexity of the costume.

I don’t believe I mentioned it here, but my awesome wife surprised me with an Arcade1Up Street Fighter arcade cab like a month ago. It’s the Yoga Flame version which can be played online (and has rollback netcode as well).

I recently learned you can soft mod it to add other games, and have since loaded 3S, XvSF, the classic X-Men Konami arcade, and even all of the classic Doom games on it, plus a few others. It’s a pretty sweet unit and if you can get your hands on one for a good price, I’d recommend it.

I should note that the player 2 controls don’t work for the modded games for some reason, but the stock application still works for two players and its online still works after the mods.

I also added in Sanwa buttons and a stick on the P1 side, but it was a bit of a PITA tbh, but worth it. If you guys have any questions let me know, and I can explain the process.

also, I don’t think this cab can run MVC2. I got it working, but I thought I was going to melt the board when Sentinel was on the screen calling assists so I deleted it

I have one more "SFxT Zealot" run left in me. After 2023 is done I'm going to use my vacation days for my other interests like basketball and rasslin. 

I'll also be shaking hands to do SF6 Team Battle tournaments. There are people here who know the headaches I've gone through with the poverty FGC the last 6 months, and I find that they stay away from games with actual legacies.