Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Second beta test in the middle of December huh 

I wonder if they do it like the SFV betas and switch out the playable characters next time, or simply expand the available roster on top of the 8 that were in beta 1

Surely at least Blanka, Dhalsim and Honda will be there? Plus whoever they show next week at the game awards (assuming there's a trailer there at all) 

We still haven't seen any gameplay for Cammy, Deejay, Manon, Marissa, Gief, Lily and JP

No release date either 

And no info about DLC plans

Edited by -PVL93-
2 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Second beta test in the middle of December huh 

I wonder if they do it like the SFV betas and switch out the playable characters next time, or simply expand the available roster on top of the 8 that were in beta 1

Surely at least Blanka, Dhalsim and Honda will be there? Plus whoever they show next week at the game awards (assuming there's a trailer there at all) 

We still haven't seen any gameplay for Cammy, Deejay, Manon, Marissa, Gief, Lily and JP

No release date either 

And no info about DLC plans

From what i understood seems they declared characters will be same of first beta, thought was to cover wich characters will be announced soon, but feels strange no mention of Sim/Honda/Blanka

Release date i expect will be announced at game awards, hopefully with next characters (Gief pls) to get trailer

I don't expect any DLC announcement tbh, guess will know something closer to release

Likely if there's the possibility to pre-order SF6+first Season Pass

6 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

beta good

but still not being able to play honda is some bullshit

if you need 8 characters specifically just do the exact same build and swap out juri for Honda, straight upgrade

Beside i'm legit curious to see Sim/Honda/Blanka full moveset, would be worth it even just for the internet whining

7 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

nope

it it was traditional FGC maybe but other than the fact that it all sucks I got really nothing to say. I'd just be an outsider trying to farm clicks.

I can respect that.  My outsider perspective is this. Panda is scummy as fuck, Nintendo are clowns for going along with it, and no one should be surprised by Nintendo's attitude. Nintendo gives zero fucks about competitive Smash. It has always been this way. So why even try to set this up in the first place? It's like the people that announce Nintendo fan games and then cry when they get C&D a few months later. You know the landscape. It's not a secret. 

31 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Speaking of Ono, I've seen him chiming in on the Smash tournament fiasco thing.

Ono is the realist for that.

FGC kinda eating good because we have a good relationship to devs. But that situation with Nintendo is secretly explosive for everybody.  Hopefully it doesn't but it could very well have strong repercussions in other areas. Maximillian brought up some good insight on how Capcom operated before.

All of it is some bullshit though. Panda really out there fucking up the smash community so they could be the one fancy pants person.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't even see why Panda pulled this shit. It's cutting their nose off to spite their face. Smashers aren't going to be rushing to support their events. Not only that, outsiders aren't going to want to fuck with them either. This shit stains their reputation on the whole.

Somebody thought they'd be a financial upside to it. I don't know how but there they go.

Also, I need to find more people to follow on twitter. At the moment I only follow a young folk I play strive with but that circle is too small to menace twitter efficiently with.  Need to find my way to the capcom side of things. Those guys are super serious about life.

2 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Hate to see this level of infighting among former Axis members.😢

Well, to complete the picture we italians did'nt even made it to the championship at all 😆

I'm starting to pretend we did it to avoid this crazy WC 

But so far results are so epic random that our shit team could have won based on the fact that we should not 🤣 

Tbh Belgium-Croatia doing 0-0 surprised me even more, gambling wise this WC is a nightmare lol

1 minute ago, Yiceman said:

I wonder why they even feel they need another closed beta. It seems like things ran fairly smoothly, as far as betas are concerned. You'd think if they were going to do another beta it would be an open one to stress test with larger crowds.

I think this one will be twice as large as the first given that all the previous beta players are automatically in, plus the new wave of people.  Maybe they don't feel confident in an open beta yet given the presumably massive amount of people interested in the new SF.  I think they also want to test the input lag reduction feature.  

I signed for the second beta but to be quite honest, it's a bit whatever to me. 

The only reason i wanted to play the 1st beta is to play the training stage mode and i can do that as we speak since it got cracked. Maybe if they added Cammy and Manon i would be more excited.

If i do get in however, imma be testing punishes against random people online at least, so there's that.

7 hours ago, Yiceman said:

I wonder why they even feel they need another closed beta. It seems like things ran fairly smoothly, as far as betas are concerned. You'd think if they were going to do another beta it would be an open one to stress test with larger crowds.

Stress test. They are doubling the player count. Unlike the past, quality online play seems important to them.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

I signed for the second beta but to be quite honest, it's a bit whatever to me. 

The only reason i wanted to play the 1st beta is to play the training stage mode and i can do that as we speak since it got cracked. Maybe if they added Cammy and Manon i would be more excited.

If i do get in however, imma be testing punishes against random people online at least, so there's that.

Yeah I haven’t even bothered signing up, and I haven’t played the [REDACTED] in several weeks. I have zero interest in the characters in the beta and I’ve played enough to know I like the game already. At this point I only care about finding a main and learning the release date.

If people hype themselves up over nothing it's their own fault. 

If no announcement at least Boon shared the info so people will lower their expectations. I see no issue in this. Whatever project they are working on, they will announce  it when it's ready. 

PS : i still think it's way too early for a new MK since MK 11 does not feel old at all imo. I would welcome Injustice 3 more or something totally new.

Edited by Skort
18 minutes ago, Skort said:

If people hype themselves up over nothing it's their own fault. 

If no announcement at least Boon shared the info so people will lower their expectations. I see no issue in this. Whatever project they are working on, they will announce  it when it's ready. 

PS : i still think it's way too early for a new MK since MK 11 does not feel old at all imo. I would welcome Injustice 3 more or something totally new.

Meanwhile Capcom just keeps feeding us. God it feels good to be loved. Not the type of love that Kanye has but the type that can only come from Papa Capcom<3

2 hours ago, Skort said:

@Vhozite

Ye that's a issue I never had as I almost always pick characters based on visual design and the gameplay element usually clicks with me as well or I warm up to it in time.

So it's simple for me when it comes for 6's roster. Juri,Cammy, Manon. Maybe others In time but 3 is enough for now.

Max thinks there's a chance that Cammy could be announced at TGA and then included in the beta as a bonus character.  Might be a long shot, but there's a chance...

30 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Might be a long shot, but there's a chance...

We shall see.

I like news like pretty much anyone and would like to see a trailer but i already know the roster, the fact that it's coming in 2023.

Won't be "stressing" myself out with  if / when / how / could . I also do not follow these influencers that recycle the same piece of news over and over for clicks. I have patience, i can wait.