Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

What things in SFV you didn't want to appear in SF6?

This is not character related talk and also not a gameplay related talk. 

Much more of other stuff like content, business model and etc.

Then what are your recommendation to improve it or what are the other thing that can you point out that did it better?

Edited by Shakunetsu

Inconsistent art direction and character model/animation quality, but from wat we've seen of SF6 that doesn't seem like an issue. You could definitely see SFV was mid-budget but SF6 looks like a proper AAA fighting game, with everything that comes with that.

Don't really care about single player game modes either way, so I'm a bit indifferent about those.

I wish FM came back though, that was such a fair system compared to what literally every other publisher was/is doing.

23 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I wish FM came back though, that was such a fair system compared to what literally every other publisher was/is doing.

I knew FM was doomed. People were literally complaining about the option to grind for characters without paying money. It's not like you didn't have the option to pay the money like you did for other games. For the life of me I didn't understand it. You didn't have to use FM if you didn't want to. You could treat like every other fighting games out there. So people like @Doctrine_Darkthat play the hell of out the game could be rewarded with the ability to get characters for free.

IMO Fight Money and how it was realised is just yet another example of how few elements of SFV were thought out before launch. Everything about first couple of years in that game felt like Capcom scrambled for launch and beat every other major competitor to the then current gen systems, and even then they were a year late compared to NRS and just barely over a yearly early compared to Bandai, while ArcSys already had two titles on PS4 and koei tecmo were counting coomer cash thanks to DOA5

I'd much rather prefer if on top of being able to purchase characters, stages and certain costumes - FM worked more like the Koins in Deadly Alliance/Deception/Armageddon or World Dollars in Xrd, I. E. unlocking bonus content like character bios, concept art, behind the scenes footage, high definition scans of external media like comics, soundtracks from previous games, trailers, and more 

For all the faults and missteps of Midway/NRS, one thing that they always stayed true and serving well is the population that enjoy the single player content and almost never fail to deliver on that front, with MKX being a but disappointing but still above majority of the genre 

However what it looks like is 6's own currency system will be dedicated entirely towards customisation of the avatar 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I knew FM was doomed. People were literally complaining about the option to grind for characters without paying money. It's not like you didn't have the option to pay the money like you did for other games. For the life of me I didn't understand it. You didn't have to use FM if you didn't want to. You could treat like every other fighting games out there. So people like @Doctrine_Darkthat play the hell of out the game could be rewarded with the ability to get characters for free.

Tbh i think the whole whining on FM exposed -once more- how retard internet people can be

Shit on SFV 24/7 was trendy retard gimmick so a feature of SFV was get shitted on by default too, even if was a good one that gave people an option to get extra contents without pay real money (then we can debate if hours of life grinding is'nt pay an higher price)

Even the classic complain that you don't get "enough" FM for weekly challenges ever ignored that every single character of the game could make LOT of easy FM by simply doing story mode, watching the guide, completing survival at various levels of difficulty, and levelling up the char as long it does'nt take much (iirc was easy reach 25-30lv)

And this for every char, in a game with plenty of chars

Even staying low at easy 30K FM

30.000 x 16 (launch cast) = 480.000

Wich again being 30K low example and 20k gap being small, can be counted easily as 5 characters, that doing same process will become 150K FM too, wich become 1 (and half lol) more free char etc

Of course one was highly unlikely to get all dlc characters for free, but fact is the company had no obligation to give us free shit, so the fact one could still get some was great move toward consumers

I personally bought all seasons (and other DLCs) with real money, iirc i used FM for colors, story alts (that were FM only?) and wasted all the rest into Menat's fortune game to get special costumes, colors and pieces for the editable stage*

But FM was a good idea

As person that would pay with money to get shit i want i don't care much, but guess i can appreciate the irony of see that the result of weirdos bitching 24/7 about capcom not thowing at them enough free stuff, is that now they will get no free stuff 🤣

*editable stage was a cool idea, would love get like 3-4 slots for that, with different settings. Would help create personal stages for chars that don't have it, i miss that shit

Edited by CESTUS III

The only thing I want for 6 when it comes to DLC characters is to allow me to test it a bit in training mode before I drop 5 bucks on it or offer like some sort of trial model for them.

You can play X nr of matches with that DLC character before it gets locked then you need to buy it . As it sits you are kinda throwing money blindly.

Granted I mostly buy based on visual design not purely on gameplay but still.

1I am almost broken by twitter.

Any form of productive use of it is gone. Now all of it replaced with trolling and arguing. Gonna delete that app. 

Every single issue that people claimed happened in SRK is exponentially worse on twitter while overall being less funny. On the other hand, when I said that twitter let you hand pick your echo chamber. 

The weird thing about Twitter is that you start things by making a weird declarative statement. Then if somebody points out a flaw in it, people just get defensive.  It's absolutely terrible for conversations and half the time it's a weird billboard/diary.

Forums are still better because they are slower. Honestly the speed of things is not a feature for communication anymore. Outside of a few small things, having to bother with paragraphs makes forums way better. 

I know you can tailor your twitter experience to be ultimately positive. But Jesus fuck that thing is a hellscape.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Any form of productive use of it is gone. Now all of it replaced with trolling and arguing. Gonna delete that app. 

Every single issue that people claimed happened in SRK is exponentially worse on twitter while overall being less funny. On the other hand, when I said that twitter let you hand pick your echo chamber. 

The weird thing about Twitter is that you start things by making a weird declarative statement. Then if somebody points out a flaw in it, people just get defensive.  It's absolutely terrible for conversations and half the time it's a weird billboard/diary.

Forums are still better because they are slower. Honestly the speed of things is not a feature for communication anymore. Outside of a few small things, having to bother with paragraphs makes forums way better. 

I know you can tailor your twitter experience to be ultimately positive. But Jesus fuck that thing is a hellscape.

Yeah, I finally dropped my Twitter account a few days ago. Best decision I made in a while.

What do you guys look for when choosing a character? Like your main or even secondary or third, how do you choose? Moves? Visual? Type of character like grappler,etc? Like me I HAVE to have a projectile, that's first, then how fun I think this character is, third would be the visuals even though I've found some characters that seem fun but just hate the visual so I don't use them. 

20 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

What do you guys look for when choosing a character? Like your main or even secondary or third, how do you choose? Moves? Visual? Type of character like grappler,etc? Like me I HAVE to have a projectile, that's first, then how fun I think this character is, third would be the visuals even though I've found some characters that seem fun but just hate the visual so I don't use them. 

I look for archetype. Grapplers > Power character > neutral orientated in that order for me. Those are the type of characters I enjoy playing most. I like using zoners as a secondary 

33 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Design and personality are what I first look at a character. If I don’t like either in someone, I have no desire to play them. And then I try out their moves to see if I would actually like playing them. If I do, they’re pretty much the only characters I would seriously main. I don’t go looking for archetypes but I usually end up playing the gimmicky weirdo of the game.

The only time I remember deviating from this was playing Season 3 Abigail. The two characters I wanted to play (Menat and F.A.N.G.)  were too hard to start with and I needed to play someone until Cody came out.

Edited by BornWinner

@Maravilla

1 - visuals. If I don't like how a character looks,I don't play it. Don't matter if it's S tier. I rate visuals quite high when choosing a character.

2 - mobility. Character needs to have above average mobility in most cases

3 - usually a character that can be effective in multiple ranges to a degree. 

4 - maybe odd to some but no weird inputs for certain type of attacks. Example : I dislike how Kolin's fireball ( ice ) is a DP motion as opposed to traditional fireball motion 

5 - pushing it a bit but the voice of the character plays a role as well ,granted not as big. Example : Jam from GG, I like her but can't stand her voice.

As to who I played in V

Spoiler

- Main Juri 

- Season 1 main Cammy 

- Main alt Poison 

- Second alt Laura 

-  messed around with  Falke,Seth,Lucia 

- interested in Rose but some matchups she has are nothing short of  miserable so I didn't bother ,especially since it was late in the games life where I lost interest overall 

- I hoped for old man Gouken or Adon for 6 years and it never happened 

Edited by Skort
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People were really out here complaining about completing Normal Survival.

All while I'm out here completing Extreme with characters like FANG, Sim, and Gief. Without the item buffs that eventually came later. Sometimes losing on Lvl.100.

Shyt was pain, but a lot of fun.

47 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Character design seems to be what draws people in at first, I know it certainly does for me.  After that I check their moveset and gamestyle.  I tend to choose characters that lean more toward rush down but also can play the mid range, ex. preferring Yang over Yun.  I use Karin and Cody in V who are more footsie oriented but can rush down.  In SF6 I'm looking at Jamie because he has a lot of similarities to SF4 Yang.

I've played enough SF over the years to know what I will like sometimes even before trying the character.  And then there's other games like GG Strive where I don't gel with anyone and spend months trying to find a main.

Edited by HeavensCloud

Based on sound files she will have to work around leveling her medal that supposedly alters her toolkit in a way.  Be it frame data change / damage or new moves remains to be seen 

Definitely really interested in playing her well.

Gonna be Oh là là'ing   people for sure.

Thanks guys for the replies, interesting. If a character has to store specials like juri,ibuki,etc. I won't use them, if a character doesn't have a projectile like gief,mika,etc. I'm not picking them. So pretty much no grapplers. But most importantly, I choose based on how fun they are to me, they can be the worst character in the game but if they're fun I'm in. 

EXCEPTION: the only character without a projectile that I loved and mained was wolverine in X-men vs sf, but that was a rushdown ass game so he could get away with it. 

Edited by Maravilla
9 hours ago, Sonero said:

i greatly enjoy twitter and cant comprehend how it makes so many people so distraught

6 hours ago, Maravilla said:

either a character is COOL or COOM

sometimes both

if im choosing based on function and not design i probably dont like the game. FGs are about representing an aesthetic in your heart man.......

6 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Rush down, All-Rounderand Zoner

I like Ryu, Haggar, Spidey, Black Heart and Ryo

There is something very different with how Spidey plays in MSH-MVC2 compare to the new games like MVC3, I started to move away from Spidey in MVC3

His priorities change and doesn't hit like the same.

I use twitter to follow artists and it is great in that aspect. I believe people are concerned about how the new direction of twitter is going to damage the communities that have been built around it. I also believe there are some people that are addicted to shit posting.

8 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Type of character, visuals and being able to gel with the play style of the character. Juri in SFV was the character I enjoyed the most.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:27 PM, Maravilla said:

Style in simplicity. I think top level Ryu in SFV can be stylish, but at the level that I would play at, he is very basic and boring. Denjin Ryu in 3rd Strike is always dynamic, fun, engaging and stylish. Different games call for different risk management, but the tools with which you do that determine how stylish you can be at a high level of play. That's why I enjoy Ken, Ryu and Chun Li in 3rd Strike. They're all seemingly very basic, but the way in which they go about risk management is very intensely engaging. I enjoy making it look easy, even if it isn't. It's why I'd rather play Ken than Gouki. His risk management is not that stylish to me, even if it is arguably harder to execute.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, Maravilla said:

In the context of Street Fighter, the holy trinity is: 

1- Evil and Badass (in terms of alignment/style/aesthetic)

2- Charge (predominantly or at least 50/50 of the moveset)

3- Oppressive/Explosive/Rushdown (when they get in) - I like characters that feel unrelenting in their offense and/or immovable in their defense.

So...

Hat tricks - Bison, Urien, Balrog, Dictator, Vega (SF2 mostly), Decapre, and Bison.

Good enough - Guile, Honda, Blanka

If I have to or I'm feeling openminded - Chun-Li, Q, Juni, Remy, FANG

In SF6, I think Guile is gonna be my main until the BIG MAN shows up. Will definitely dabble with Chun, Honda, and Blanka. Hoping JP and AKI meet some or all of my criteria.

Edited by Daemos

I suppose the visual design is at the top spot for most people because it's the first and most basic way to be drawn to a character.

After that it's gameplay for me, of course. For example, I really like SFV Seth visually but the gameplay never clicked with me so I dropped him after a short while.

My third criteria is popularity. So if there are two characters fulfilling the first two criteria, I'm going to play the less popular one. Because a) I hate mirror matches and b) I love getting away with stuff due to matchup inexperience from my opponent. I got to the highest rank in SCV with Hilde because nobody on this planet knew what she could do. Had some very fluke-ish victories with Hakan in SFIV for that reason as well. I think that's my FG guilty pleasure.