Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

2 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

From the blog post, about Dee Jay:

"His new move Jus Cool is a retreating sway that can lead into kicking attacks or forward-moving maneuvers that will test his opponent’s tempo."

So he does have some kind of tricky sway fakeout move. Neat.

Jeah, I think you can see some of that in action in the preorder color trailer, it almost reminds me of Dan's taunt cancel vskill stuff

Time Zones screwed me over again but damn, Manon looks even better than I hoped. I really, really hope she also clicks with me on a gameplay level because from the looks that's the character I feel drawn towards the most. And not just because she's hot, she also some really beautiful animations.

Barely paid attention to the other three while watching the trailer. It's definitely cool Marisa is really huge instead of just very muscular. JP looks immensely complex from that little clip. As for DeeJay, I don't give a rat's ass about that guy.

But yeah, will have to watch that trailer a few times again. Shame the leaked date was correct, part of me was hoping they messed up and it would be European format (for a release in February). Oh well, at least we won't have an unfinished mess at release this time.

Manon is definitely the winner of this latest announcement,at least for me anyway.

I'm not that worried about how she plays, if I like how she looks I'll play her regardless. But from the looks of it ,she seems okay gameplay wise as well.

Fun fact : her nails are colored with France's flag colours.

Screenshot-2022-12-09-10-27-34-588-com-g

PS  : again,I am soooo damn glad individual ranks for characters in 6 is a thing so I can play my alts at the level they are at.

Edited by Skort
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

We don't know the length of the time jump and Sakura was 14 in SFA2. 

Sakura was masked well through the artstyle, same with Ryu apparently being a then young adult already 

Hinata in rival schools wasn't out of place because of how wacky and batshit insane the franchise was, so it added to the goofiness when a literal child punched and kicked a dude who swam midair for example 

Li Fen not only is in a realistic style environment but she doesn't look anywhere but maybe 12 tops, plus we have some rather brutal scenes like Ryu's shin shoryuken, Jamie breaking neckbones, Luke pummelling you into the ground, Guile kicking you in the jaw twice and Juri picking the opponent's head with her foot 

That shit wouldn't look right on an actual kid 

And unlike Ed she doesn't have the accelerated aging excuse either (cuz at least as far as we know she wasn't scientifically experimented upon like all the clones in SIN Labs). So yeah, unless Capcom just magically ages her up another decade while keeping her current SF6 appearance and proportions - she ain't going to be playable until sf7 in 2030

Now that I had some time to process I'll have to admit I'm surprised we got to see JP earlier than some "basic" returning fighters like Cammy.

Maybe he's not the boss and Aki is? Or maybe there's no real logic behind those reveals and they just go with the flow?

Edit: I also saw that Tekken 8 trailer just now. Looks a bit underwhelming, doesn't it? I mean it doesn't look bad or anything, but the jump from 7 seems pretty insignificant at first glance.

Edited by delete_me
6 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Manon probably gonna be mega popular once the game drops, just a nice design all around. And like Juri, she seems like she escaped from an SNK game. Not saying she will be as popular as Juri tho but yea lol 

Speaking on SNK, JP kinda gives "We Rugal at home" vibes. But he still looks neat 

IMO jp is more of a character you'd see in bayonetta or something 

Ok the one thing that bugs me

Is Marisa in her stage and her well, everything, constantly shifts back between Roman and Greek stuff, to the point where I don't think they know the difference. Like here is a roman gladiator besides what is nominally a spartan/macedonian hoplite. They are nowhere near the same thing!

I am afraid if I speak up something will change though, cause I think I partially caused the Lily re-design by opening my mouth on the clubs lol.

Edited by EvilCanadian
2 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

Is Marisa in her stage and her well, everything, constantly shifts back between Roman and Greek stuff, to the point where I don't think they know the difference. Like here is a roman gladiator besides what is nominally a spartan/macedonian hoplite. They are nowhere near the same thing!

Japan doing classic Japan things.

You could mention it but 🤷‍♂️.

16 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

I am afraid if I speak up something will change though, cause I think I partially caused the Lily re-design by opening my mouth on the clubs lol.

Yeah I immediately noticed what looked like the Dilios from 300 in the background. Maybe they think Sparta was located in Italy 🤔

As someone who never really  played Tekken but is somewhat interested in T8 what are the chances of these characters to be added : Lili , Nina , Anna and Eliza ? From the female roster those i like the most while from the guys  Kazuya is already in the game so all is good.

Edited by Skort
4 hours ago, -PVL93- said:

Sakura was masked well through the artstyle, same with Ryu apparently being a then young adult already 

Hinata in rival schools wasn't out of place because of how wacky and batshit insane the franchise was, so it added to the goofiness when a literal child punched and kicked a dude who swam midair for example 

Li Fen not only is in a realistic style environment but she doesn't look anywhere but maybe 12 tops, plus we have some rather brutal scenes like Ryu's shin shoryuken, Jamie breaking neckbones, Luke pummelling you into the ground, Guile kicking you in the jaw twice and Juri picking the opponent's head with her foot 

That shit wouldn't look right on an actual kid 

And unlike Ed she doesn't have the accelerated aging excuse either (cuz at least as far as we know she wasn't scientifically experimented upon like all the clones in SIN Labs). So yeah, unless Capcom just magically ages her up another decade while keeping her current SF6 appearance and proportions - she ain't going to be playable until sf7 in 2030

I don't really see the problem. There has been a bunch of characters that looked very young, the latest being Menat, and nobody batted an eye at them getting hit with the nastiest stuff. As for the "realistic" environment I'm not seeing it either: we just saw Manon swinging people in ballet poses, Dee Jay beating people at the rhythm of giant musical notes and so on, so SFVI to me seems to be as cartoony as every other Street Fighter before it in spite of the higher detailed graphics. Even those brutal hits are nothing new, they had trying to pull off that effect since Ryu's Shin Shoryuken in IV.

If Capcom really wants her playable they can easily make it happen. It's only a matter of whether they actually want to do that or they're fine with Li Fen being a background character for this game.

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I immediately noticed what looked like the Dilios from 300 in the background. Maybe they think Sparta was located in Italy 🤔

Pop cultures loves to mix Ancient Greek and Roman stuff even when it doesn't make sense.

For example: something that always drives me nut is when you have a game set in Ancient Greece, and the game throws a gladiatorial game at you. Yes, I'm thinking of you Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

The Greeks never had gladiatorial games: they were the guys who had theater, they had bearded philosophers walking up and down porticoes asking each others stuff like "what's the best system of government?" or "what is the true nature of reality?" or "women suck!", they had the Olympics and pederasty, but they never had gladiatorial games. The Romans were the guys who invented gladiatorial games, just like they had crucifixion as preferred execution method, a love for massive war crimes like the burning of Carthage, the sack of Corinth and the Gallic Wars, civil wars and codified rule of law.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

As someone who never really  played Tekken but is somewhat interested in T8 what are the chances of these characters to be added : Lili , Nina , Anna and Eliza ? From the female roster those i like the most while from the guys  Kazuya is already in the game so all is good.

Lili and Nina chances are high. Nina is series original poster girl and had appeared in every game. Lili (among with Asuka) is the new poster girl. Consistently popular since her debut in T5DR.

Eliza is a crapshoot. She debuted in the awful free to play game and was a pre order character for 7. There's nothing really tying her to overall picture other than the fact she is apparently Lili's sister.

Anna is a safe bet. She only missed one game (T4). If Nina is in she's likely in too.

2 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Based on her bio she believe/claim to descend from greek warriors, and she likes the idea of Coliseum as a place to scrap 

As italian i've no problem with it, would not care even if they switch her to greek 

👀

12 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

@Skortdo you have your mod images in some gallery or something? Finally finished moving, and I am getting caught up with everything.

Welcome back . Hope all went well. 

You can find most  of my recent renders and mod previews on my twitter if you are interested.   If that gets shut down ( it wont most likely ) i'll see where i can upload. 

Spoiler