Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

Lily has to get in there and EARN her grabs, not just ez mixup off plus frames 🤠

There's a very strong possibility that Lilly will be able to fly around the screen even more so than T-Hawk. If so, she will probably earn the crown of Queen Degenerate Grappler in this game. And I, for one, am here for it.

3 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Was asked on twitter and its a thought

who do yall think will be the least played character?

Even though we haven't seen gameplay yet, I figure its probably Lily just because 1) grappler, 2) female character with zero waifu traits, and wears regular clothes that don't show off her body.

You underestimate the ability of Twitter and fan artists to turn any female character into a waifu.

Ye don't expect Manon's "vacuum" normals to be anything less than punishable on block with the approach that normals and specials are over all in SF6.  I wager that those could be target combos that lead into different followups. 

So, the first hit would leave her like -3 or -4 while the rest continue to be even more minus.   As it stands only like 3 or so characters from the beta have +ob normals and those are +2 tops a far cry from previous games. Adding normals that would not only move the character forward but also draw them towards you all while being plus makes no sense looking at the design philosophy of this particular game.

Edited by Skort
18 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

On the topic of weird physical stats for fighting game characters, Manon is supposed to be 175cm tall (5'9 for Americans who haven't invented the metric system yet) and Dee Jay 183cm or something (6'0), yet in-game Manon looks slightly taller than him.

spacer.png

I think she's bit on her tiptoes while he may have heel on the ground and not standing at 100% of his height (legs bit bent and wide)

But yeah she may looks too close to his height if we consider stats

Who knows, back to SFV they seems to have tried keep ingame height coherent to stats (weights were hilarious though)

Lord Vega na Twitterze: „#StreetFighterV character height comparison.  @takaNakayama will there be an update with the Season 5 characters? NOTE:  Kage, Gill and Seth have their heights listed as "unknown", therefore they

even if true ingame result felt often different because every char had his own pose and animations

Jeah, I have a feeling those moves of Manon's are target combos and just hellishly negative on block. When I first saw them I thought of Potempkin's gawd button, the infamous 2S from Accent Core, that vacuumed you in on hit or block and was only like, -2. It was probably the most powerful Pot has ever been. I'm sure Manon's button's won't be that grimy

GGAC_Potemkin_2S.png

Edited by Jocelot
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You underestimate the ability of Twitter and fan artists to turn any female character into a waifu.

That is true.

However ,she looks like a 15 year old based on that concept art. If anyone finds her even remotely close to being a "waifu" , he has some issues. 

Cute ? Sure i guess. But definitely not a character one should sexualize. It's basically same case as Akira to me personally.

As for the gameplay, we already have  how many cmd grab characters ? Honda, Manon, Marisa and Gief ? Chances are Lily is not one of them even if she is supposed to be based on T Hawk.  Mid ranger zoner that pokes you with the clubs , Falke style and the one ability from Hawk is condor dive is maybe a more safer bet.. Could be wrong but adding 5 grapplers for a starting roster is overkill. But could be one of those cases where she does have a command grab but does not rely on it for it's main game plan, think Birdie SFV.

Edited by Skort
On 12/9/2022 at 4:48 PM, Reticently said:

I wish Manon's judo throws had more judo in them, if only as an aesthetic thing.

Had same wish too, i was hoping for a Judo-Savate mix (as i thought costume design suggested), but she seems the ballet thing is just everywhere

Was also hoping to steal good moves for character creation (example Abel could have used some good judo stuff)

But tbh i've to admit for her character IT WORKS

I mean the gimmick is that the better is your Judo technique is the less you feel your opponent's weight during a throw (on beautiful theory, reality is different lol), and Manon is supposed to be a such genius gold olympic medalist judoka that essentially can throw you as if you have no weight, up to the point to control even how your thrown ass looks while flying and making it comically looks as if you're almost "cooperating" with her ballet

The Game Awards 2022: Marisa, Manon, JP y Dee Jay protagonizan el nuevo  tráiler de Street Fighter 6

I'm still bit disappointed did'nt got actual judo character, but i've to admit in a crazy SF way the more i see it in motion the more i kinda like it lol

I think mostly because unlike random anime girl that can fight world best fighters with dancing shit, Manon's gimmick is that she's supposed to be an incredibly skilled martial artist that have the skill/technique to pull it off... like, she could throw your ass in classic judo way, but she's also as good at ballet so it influence her Judo too

I did'nt expect her to be so comical type of moveset, caught me off guard lol

31 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

but she seems the ballet thing is just everywhere

I actually enjoy how her strikes are animated, but maybe they just should have just made her purely "the ballet fighter".  She feels a little bit like an unintentional bait-and-switch with what we've seen of her move set so far.

8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I think it will be Luke tbh

I personally doubt that.

Luke is Top tier in SFV and a lot of that momentum will carry over. He also has some really good straight forward moves in SF6 as well (  people just ignored him in the beta and claim he is low tier with no real reason other than to sound like sheep copying one another ). 

It's going to be characters like Honda , Sim maybe even AKI if she has an unconventional playstyle  like Fang ( looks alone can't guarantee a high player count, Menat is a clear example as how the looks are well perceived but play style alone is enough to push the players away )

I think Luke is going to be quite high on the usage list given time.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

I personally doubt that.

Luke is Top tier in SFV and a lot of that momentum will carry over. He also has some really good straight forward moves in SF6 as well (  people just ignored him in the beta and claim he is low tier with no real reason other than to sound like sheep copying one another ). 

It's going to be characters like Honda , Sim maybe even AKI if she has an unconventional playstyle  like Fang ( looks alone can't guarantee a high player count, Menat is a clear example as how the looks are well perceived but play style alone is enough to push the players away )

I think Luke is going to be quite high on the usage list given time.

Good points. He is somewhat of a shoto (as in gameplay) after all, so that will help him out regardless.

20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So am I the only one that thought of this when I saw the pre-order color for Chun Li?

E6wF2kpVEAAZ1Ga.jpg

I thought this one because are both red dress with a black part on the right shoulder and golden lines and golden bracelets

CPT outfits for Ryu, Ken, Chun and Cammy are a throwback to old SF2 artwork  by Kinu Nishimura : r/StreetFighterchu

What cracked me up is see that Juri #10 color is another trolling at Chun Li i think, already the second after copying her win pose
White top, blue pants and yellow (instead gold) hair and hands stuff, same for decoration lines 😄

Spoiler

NICE LEGS CHUN-LI! - YouTube

Street Fighter 6 Pre-order Costume Trailer Appears - STEAM PLAYERS

Ken Dante was cheap move but guess at least works well

Manon i think may be wink to RE Ada Wong?

Spoiler

Resident Evil 4 Remake: sarà Lily Gao a interpretare Ada Wong?

Ada Wong from Resident Evil 6 Costume | Carbon Costume | DIY Dress-Up  Guides for Cosplay & Halloween

No idea about Dee Jay and Jamie, if their #10 colors are wink at something or they just thought were combinations that looked cool to them

I seen a vid of Jamie colors 1-8, but was'nt clear to me if were datamined or mod... pray the latter as most were crap, but that level of bad taste in colors somehow made them feel authentic SF alt colors lol, and now i'm scared

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't pre-ordered SF6 as of yet. Although I most likely will. The BETA was more "complete" that a lot of final releases and that was 8 months before launch. I certainly don't begrudge anyone that doesn't pre-order though. With releases like Callisto Protocol adn Cyberpunk before it, I can see why anyone would hesitant to do so. 

I pre-ordered because it’s Street Fighter. It’s the only game I’m 99.99% going to play no matter what. I’ve only pre-ordered one non-SF game and I regretted it (Anthem).

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

^ shit lol.

Anthem...

That's basically buying a tech demo at best.  It's honestly insane how much they lied regarding that game. 

Tried refunding ?

It was fun for like 1 week, regret didn’t set in till after that lol.

I “pre-ordered” like 2 days before the game came out so I could get a skin lol 

13 minutes ago, Skort said:

^ shit lol.

Anthem...

That's basically buying a tech demo at best.  It's honestly insane how much they lied regarding that game. 

Tried refunding ?

Given Bioware's recent track record, Anthem didn't surprise me. You have a developer known for making single player RPGs doing a live service 3rd Person Looter Shooter. Recipe for disaster. How Inquisition turned out as well as it did is beyond me. It had the same development conditions as Andromeda and Anthem. IIRC one of the developers on Inquisition said that the game turning out well was the worse thing to happen to Bioware. It made them believe they could get away with that development structure.

Edit: @Pair of Rooksso you aren't a part of the Tyrone Biggums crew?

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Given Bioware's recent track record, Anthem didn't surprise me. You have a developer known for making single player RPGs doing a live service 3rd Person Looter Shooter. Recipe for disaster. How Inquisition turned out as well as it did is beyond me. It had the same development conditions as Andromeda and Anthem. IIRC one of the developers on Inquisition said that the game turning out well was the worse thing to happen to Bioware. It made them believe they could get away with that development structure.

Edit: @Pair of Rooksso you aren't a part of the Tyrone Biggums crew?

???

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Given Bioware's recent track record

Main reason i am excited but not really .... regarding the next Mass Effect game. 

I want it to be good so much, but i just know they are going to mess it up somehow. I just don't trust most devs anymore in today's gaming market. I am more tempted to spend my money on indie games that of course do not have the same production value but provide a lot of fun regardless, games such as Dusk,Prodius etc